• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 15

Nothing of note happened today. Just bred some Pokemon so that they could be trade fodder. The Pokemon I bred are Archen, Shieldon, Oranguru, Feebas and Rowlet. In Rowlet's case, I used a traded Rufflet and levelled it up so that it learns Defog, which is then bred on Rowlet. This is part one of giving Rowlet Egg Moves, since I have Curse, Baton Pass and Haze left to be passed. Unfortunately, I need four different parents to do that, and one is already done.

For Wonder Trade, the best thing I got from the trade is Gible, which is good because as a traded Pokemon, it levels up fast, making up for its slow levelling (also because it saves me the effort of catching one). So far, only two of the trades I have are meaningful: this one and a Riolu I got earlier. Sometimes it pains me to know that I send some decent trades, only to receive trades that are probably unwanted Pokemon (example: a Jolly Torkoal with White Smoke that was probably caught). I didn't even receive any starters from other people so far!

Anyway, my progress in the story was limited, as I just cleared a route, claim some nifty berries (even got a Salac berry here), and then fought an Oricorio battle, where each of the Pokemon has a Focus Sash. As I saw that coming, I used Gigalith to set up Stealth Rock, which puts a damper on the Focus Sash strategy. Unfortunately, the Baile form attempted to use confusion and flinching, which is annoying. The birds were surprisingly tough, thanks to being on a level where they have Revelation Dance already, but at least none of my Pokemon fainted.

Team thus far, including Reserves:
1) Decidueye (Olivia): Jolly (F)
2) Pelipper (Pelly): Relaxed (M)
3) Charjabug (Loki): Relaxed (F)
4) Persian (Paul): Timid (M)
5) Drifblim (Billy Bob): Brave (F) [Retired]
6) Gengar (Gus): Quiet (M)
7) Misdreavus (Benedict): Naive (M) [Retired]
8) Gigalith (Charistan): Naughty (M)
9) Mudsdale (Horace): Serious (M)
10) Tsareena (Bouncee): Adamant (F)
11) Marowak (Bonita): Adamant (F)
12) Palossand (Sahara): Calm (F)
13) Clefable (Not nicknamed yet): Modest (F)
14) Torkoal (Turquoise): Hardy (F)
15) Mimikyu (Not nicknamed yet): Adamant (M)
16) Dhelmise (Kaptain): Careful

Thanks for reading.

So I managed to clear the Vast Poni Canyon and got the latest Z Crystal. Then I went to Ultra Space and ran into Guzma--oh dear Primus, I have never laughed like that when I've interacted with an NPC!--and tracked down Lusamine. I challenged her and steeled myself for the worst.

The battle was actually a lot easier than I had thought. My Magnezone Boomer took out about a third of her team while my Mimikyu and Incineroar took down the rest. No one fainted, I didn't have to heal up, it was a breeze... and I was only 7 levels ahead of her team!

I am now parked in front of Solgaleo and I'm resetting/recapturing for a good Nature. I'm up in the air as to whether or not I'll pop it on my team; I'd be a bit Steel heavy if I did. But we'll see.

I beat Red!! I was monstrously under leveled, but we won. Mainly thanks to luck from a crap ton of Refresh bonus, but even with those I was still certain we'd lose. Thank goodness all of my Pokemon love me so much:)

Became a Champion today, yeah!

The Elite Four battles were tense (oh my lord, that sweet sweet music), especially the one against Hala. I didn't have a lot to deal with Fighting types in general, so I was happy a few of them had secondary typings. His Bewear nearly slaughtered my team with Hammer Arm. Kahili was relatively easy, my Lycanroc dealt with most of her Flying types. Acerola was too, up untill the point she brought up her Palossand. It had +3 or +4 in defence at some point, which made it hard since most of my team consists out of physical attackers. Thank god for Kommo-o and his Clanging Scales lol. Olivia was my final opponent and I beat her easily since most of my team has super effective moves against her team.

Sitting on the chair was awesome, kind of sad Kukui had to pull me out of it. Had no trouble in defeating him, but it was nerve wrecking to say the least. My team was well balanced in the end, every single one of them had their fair share of importance and to be honest: I'm proud of them! PokeBeans for everyone, hooray!

The cutscene that followed was loooong and didn't have to much of value to me. Right up to the point Lillie left.. that was actually kind of heartbreaking. But now that I've seen it: there is a lot of Kanto hinting in it. A big part of me is certain that we'll be going to Alola again in the next game but this made me doubt myself actually. But enough of the nonsensical rumouring! I'm forgetting an important happening: the battle against Tapu Koko! I was not, I repeat NOT ready for this battle to happen so soon. I had to look up if I this was my one chance to catch it, fortunately it wasn't. I had no False Swipe, no status inducing moves and more importantly-> zero usefull Poke Balls. The only thing I had was 9 Poke Balls, a Premier Ball, a few Nest Balls and a Heal ball. In some miraculous way I got it to the point of leaving one HP (I was sure I fainted it) and I just threw a Poke Ball in hopes of sheer dumb luck and would you have it: I caught it! People can say to me that the capture rate was turned down or something, but what the heck I caught Tapu Koko. In one try. With a Poke Ball. Hallelujah.

Watched the credits till the end, loved all of the artwork they showed, especially the one with Gladion and his Silvally, truely adorable. Ending with Lillie and Solgaleo was tearjerkingly beautiful, wow. Adding it to the long list of moments Pokemon gave me goosebumbs or - in my translated native tongue: chicken skin. People who played these games know what I mean. Next up: post game.

Hall Of Fame Team:
Decidueye - lvl 57
Arcanine - lvl 56
Lycanroc - lvl 57
Golisopod - lvl 56
Krookodile - lvl 56
Kommo-o - lvl 55

Only one thing left to say.

Nebby, get in the f*cking bag.

You know those Pokedex QR codes? Apparently people have posted codes for just about everything, so I took some time to scan ten of 'em (I was careful to only pick ones for Pokemon I've already caught). Then I took the team out and Moon Balled a Luxio.

Too bad it was my only Moon Ball for now, but we got her :)

We also hunted down a Stufful and caught a favorite fish Chinchou. Oh, and my starter has recovered from her Pokerus -- apparently we managed to catch a 3-day strain of it.

Last edited:
Evolved my Type Null and Riolu today. Currently soft resetting for a perfect Magearna.

Caught all the Tapus - they were quite annoying. None of my Pokemon gained any levels today but ehhhhhh. Also got Megerena (cuz GF hate Europe and we had to wait) and evolved some guys from the box with stones/rare candies I had.

Defeated Blue and got to the Battle Tree. Unfortunately its extremely hard. I feel like they designed it for competitive players really, unlike the Battle Maison. Its frustrating cause I just wanna battle the Pokemon Queen herself. Cynthia why does it take 20 battles, then another 10 to possibly just get a chance to face you.

Went to the 4th island's Pokemon Center and found the guy with the yellow shirt that everyone was talking about. He challenged me to a battle straight on.

He has a golden Exeggcute.

As a prize, I got 6 Nuggets.

Done pretty much everything possible now really, got through the battle tree, just about beating Red, beat all the Eevee trainers, defended my championship crown against Hau (best feature ever, how did this take 20 years to come up with), beat the post game battles like Guzma, Faba etc, I suppose the last thing would doing the dex and I guess killing everyone in the battle tree. That wont happen though, lost on round 2 :L.

Toucannon LV63
Turtonator LV64
Decidueye LV65
Sparkle the shiny Magnezone LV64
Lycanrek the Lycanrok LV63
Araquanid LV63

Played in the Festival Plaza and leveled up. I finally found a person who recommended me a dye house with moon a exclusive color, so now I'm rocking a purple border flare skirt with a new pink striped ruffled blouse:) I look so cute.

After that I just decided to catch some more mons for my dex so I can keep upgrading Poke Pelego. Plus there's not much to do anymore...

Starter Pokemon has reached her final form by now. I am a little disappointed with the design ... but we'll make do.

now I'm rocking a purple border flare skirt with a new pink striped ruffled blouse:) I look so cute.
Hmmm~ -___-

Anyway, caught Tapu Bulu yesterday, and a couple days ago I finally found Necrozma and caught him. More importantly, today's the 2nd time I've gone to defend my Champion status and each time I'm surprised by the person that comes~ :eek:

Should have been obvious, but first was Hau, who's remarkably easier than Satan Kahili~ Still feel bad that he's still not able to have been made Champion, but I'm proud he beat the E4.

But today it was Little Hapu! >3< Now I see why she probably wasn't chosen for an E4 member (she did just become Kahuna after all), but I love that she showed up to fight for Championship~ Love ha!

Took three tries to clear the Ghost trial. First attempt we were able to Burn the totem but both it and Gengar were hitting too hard (and too fast) and eventually we went down. I knew I shouldn't have taken Oricorio off the team....

Second try didn't count - stress level was running too high, ended with a ragequit just three turns in. :(

Things finally were looking up on the third attempt -- yellow Oricorio was (again) my star player for spamming confusion, paralysis, and Feather Dances on everybody. The totem did manage to Mimic my Shadow Ball (oops?) so I had to spend a few turns Confiding its Sp.Atk down, but this definitely gave my team the edge overall and we emerged victorious.

Last time I had just reached Tapu Village. Today I did the ghost trial with insanity Mimikyu (I would like to hug it~), laughed a bit when Ghost Trial Chick was like "You should always have a ghost on your team!" cause that was like the first time I had taken ghosts out of my team, acquired a 10% Zygarde, chased after the Yangoose that Team Skull stole, destroyed everyone in Po Town, beat up Guzma again (why does this joker keep trying to fight me?), and got back to Aether House to find that Lillie'd been kidnapped by Eternally-Bored Pronyma (or whatever girly-face Team Skull Named Girl's actual name is. I don't bother remembering the names of annoying people~).

Set off to Aether Paradise with Hau and Gladion. Had called his family ties before the "big reveal," so no surprise there. I then beat up on Guzma AGAIN. Pleasegoawayforevernowkthx. Had also called the fact that Crazy Blonde Chick was, well, crazy (can't be arsed to remember her name either~). Oh hey, I guess Guzma... actually... did as I requested and went away forever through the wormhole? Can... can we just leave them there? No? Aweh.

Presto, chango, magico, Lillie does a magic spin and changes her outfit and attitude! ... although honestly her new outfit is not that much different than the old one. At least she lost the silly hat and is wearing whatever she wants, so good for her. Am now running around on Poni Island (which is disappointing in its lack of ponies) instead of going to meet Hapu, who I still can't tell if it's a boy or a girl (not that it really matters I suppose). I'll probably go back and try to fill out my dex a bit, like all the baby pokemon I missed back on the first island (minus Pichu, who has long since become a tail-surfin Raichu and stuffed back in the box for always somehow getting one-shotted by water moves even when it was still a Pikachu ^O__o^;; ). Oh yeah, I should go make a 20% or whatever Zygarde soon too since I have like 50% of the cores/cells at this point. I keep forgetting though~

Current team: Zelmira (lv 50 Ninetails), Lucario lv 52, Garchomp lv 52, Sabre (lv 50 Arcanine), Roseina (lv 48 Lurantis), Bad Compass (lv 53 Magneton)
Backups: Kaeruchan (lv 41 Poliwhirl), Sela (lv 46 Primarina), Jarago (lv 35 Jangmo-o), AnaPhylax (lv 36 Gastly), Brunhilde (lv 34 Misdreavus), Flauros (lv 30 Litten) (some of these guys kinda got forgotten about in the box~)

Just spent the past few hours adding more captures to my dex. I completed all of the in-game trades as well.

I decided to have some fun and visit some Poke Finder spots to do some photo shoots. As expected, I got hooked and reached 100,000 thumbs up and am now at level 4:)

Also while assisting my sister in locating a Pa'u Oricorio, I caught a shiny Lillipup.

I just finished rescuing Lusamine from the distortion world like place where the Ultra Beasts live. So all is left is the elite 4 and I'll have beat the main games of both Sun and Moon. My Alola Marowak is kind of useless.

SOS-chained for a shiny Corsola, but when I discovered the chains didn't increase the odds of shiny appearance, I quit the chain at 120-ish and caught the last Mareanie just in case it had its HA. It didn't have Regenerator. Reminder to never chain Corsolas again - they heal themselves...

I wanted to check for IVs, but I remembered that I needed to unlock the Battle Tree. After going through a few stressful trainer battles along the way, I got to Battle Tree, and met Red and Green who promptly challenged me to a battle. I picked Green because at least I'd see more dialogue than "..." Thank god I saved after battling the Veterans because Green swept my team twice. On the third try, his final pokemon Gyarados had double stacked Dragon Dance, and was killing my party members. However, it missed Aqua Tail on my Lyconroc, giving me one precious turn to use Rock Slide for the win.

So after I finally updated my PC for IV checking, I discovered that my Mareanie had 4 perfect IVs in Special Attack, Attack, Defense, and Speed.

It was rewarding enough, I guess.

just got done breeding a Timid Ghastly with perfect 6 IVs, now time to EV train!

Our team has made it to Po Town. Wow ... just wow.

No NFE's here, we've brought the A-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom