• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't posted in a while, kinda forgot. so here's how it's been. I'm preparing for finals, so I haven't been playing too much, but I did log in quite a few hours on both games today.

In Sun I have done some Zygarde Cell hunting. I believe I have about 10 more to go. I also chained for Shiny Salandit this morning. Gosh I don't think I'll ever do that again. I kept getting poisoned and burned, like by the end it was literally every turn I was not statused, they would get the chance to inflict it on me. I don't have a lot of patience either, so I gave up at a chain of 50. I've also done some breeding. Went and bred a few Littens off, a few Popplios off of one I got from Wondertrade, a couple Rockruff, and some Alolan Vulpix. I wondertraded what I got away, and ended u getting a few more Dex entries out of it, including a Rowlet.

In Moon I beat Ilima's Trial, and Kahuna Hala, and am now off to Akala Island. That Alolan Raticate was easy, but probably because Trumbeak can learn Brick Break. I'm afraid that since I killed the Raticate so fast, and it never called an ally Pokemon, I'm not yet able to get adreneline orbs, or ally Pokemon appearing. I could have swore you can buy Adreneline Orbs after that trial, but I didn't see them. Anywho, it's not long now before I reach Lana, so I'll probably be able to see after that. Pokemon wise I did the same as I did in Sun, having other Pokemon on my team because I don't want my team of 1 to be in a jam. Because of the Adreneline Orb misshap, I have decided to just go with normal Cutiefly, even though I was thinking of chaining for a shiny one. I have also decided to stick with a backup Pokemon I was using, my Trumbeak. I'm not naming any of those Pokemon, so only now has he gotten a name. Namu (originally named Aurelia) has evolved in to a Brionne and I absolutely love her. Here's my Moon team so far.

Namu (F) - Brionne
Bean (M) - Trumbeak
Augustus (M) - Cutiefly

SOS chained Bagons to get a Salamance, and got one. The whole process took around an hour, from finding a Bagon to chaining a Salamance. The Salamance is female (luck due to stalling with a male Sylveon with Cute Charm). Plus, she has four perfect IVs in HP, Attack, Special Attack, and Special Defense. Nice :3

Instead of just releasing the ugly Pokemon that I only caught for my dex, I wonder traded them away.

I got mostly some foreign Pokemon, but also a Rowlet and the best of all a Pheromosa:)

Day 16 - 18

When I reached Vast Poni Canyon, I wanted to bring Charjabug to finally evolve it, but had to put it back into the PC when I realised I need to battle Hapu first. Only after that am I finally able to go though the Canyon and evolve Charjabug. It was at Level 29 because it learns Bug Buzz at Level 31, which is why it was very underlevelled and required catching up.

The setup at Vast Poni Canyon is interesting: there are routes that can be taken to avoid trainer battles, but some are troublesome to get around due to requiring Mudsdale. Later on, there is the Dragon Trial, which is basically a battle between Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o and finally Kommo-o. The latter wasn't quite hard thanks to having Mimikyu on the team, but its Steel teammate is quite worrying.

Atop the Lake of the Moone, there is the inevitable epic cutscene that shows that Nebby evolves into Lunala, and with that, the next battle with Lusamine happens. Unfortunately i forgotten to teach Gengar Sludge Bomb, so I had to slowly whittle down Clefable again. The outcome is similar to the previous one, where I win, but I don't remember the process in winning.

While preparing for the inevitable Elite Four battle, I took the time to rename some of my Pokemon. The name I chose for Vikavolt did not fit the species I have in mind, so I named it Buzzy for its electrical abilities and also because it's a type of beetle. Drifblim, although retired for the purpose of future efforts, was renamed to something more feminine, since I realised earlier that it is a female. Then, there are the two remaining Pokemon without nicknames: Clefable is renamed to Faye for being a fairy, while Mimikyu is a mimic who wears a disguise, so it is named Marcus for being a masked mimic.

For the upcoming Elite Four battle, I picked Decidueye, Vikavolt, Persian, Gengar, Clefable and Mudsdale. Decidueye is due to its status as my starter, Vikavolt and Persian are due to being Pokemon I planned in my team before I played the game, Gengar and Clefable because they are counterparts that are quite strong, and Mudsdale due to being a reliable tank. I took the time to grind selected Pokemon I will use for it until Level 57, and somewhere down the line, I will bring the other members to go through the process again (they need the ribbons).

Although I have set the battle to Shift, I played every battle as though I am at Set, because I feel that it's more challenging that way. While I could sweep my opponents, I wanted to also take advantage of the Luck Incense to double the money obtained, so it's not as simple as setting up a sweep. The order in which I go is Kahili, Hala, Olivia and then Acerola. With Kahili, Vikavolt is the MVP. For Hala, Gengar is the MVP. Against Olivia, the MVP turned out to be Decidueye. Finally, against Acerola, Persian and Decidueye are equally important in the victory against her.

While I did see it coming, it was cool that Professor Kukui is the final challenger, because it brings to mind how Professor Oak was supposed to be battled with after beating the Elite Four, and he even chooses the starter that wasn't picked! Kukui's Stealth Rock strategy is a nice play, which makes it a challenge to switch due to some of his Pokemon having a move that forces switches. The Pokemon that gave me the most trouble is Incineroar, and due to this, Decidueye didn't contribute to the match (though it was forced out once). After Kukui is defeated, it's not over!

After some celebrations, there is a battle with Tapu Koko. Fortunately, I brought Gengar, who has Hypnosis to make catching Tapu Koko easier. It wasn't the Dusk Balls or an Ultra Ball that caught Tapu Koko, but a Timer Ball that I accidentally selected. Unfortunately, its nature is a mixed bag: being a Quiet Pokemon, its Special Attack is increased, but its highest stat Speed is decreased. With that, the game is finished, and there are some post-game quests to be completed.

Team thus far, including Reserves:
1) Decidueye (Olivia): Jolly (F)
2) Pelipper (Pelly): Relaxed (M)
3) Vikavolt (Buzzy): Relaxed (F)
4) Persian (Paul): Timid (M)
5) Drifblim (Billie Bob): Brave (F) [Retired]
6) Gengar (Gus): Quiet (M)
7) Misdreavus (Benedict): Naive (M) [Retired]
8) Gigalith (Charistan): Naughty (M)
9) Mudsdale (Horace): Serious (M)
10) Tsareena (Bouncee): Adamant (F)
11) Marowak (Bonita): Adamant (F)
12) Palossand (Sahara): Calm (F)
13) Clefable (Faye): Modest (F)
14) Torkoal (Turquoise): Hardy (F)
15) Mimikyu (Marcus): Adamant (M)
16) Dhelmise (Kaptain): Careful

Currently breeding for a perfect 6 IV Jolly Gible, so far only managed a 5 IV Jolly Gible.

Did some more GTS and Wondertrading to work on completing my dex. I've never done much trading in the past, so I'm only just discovering how fun this is:)

At first I was just looking for a female Snorunt to evolve into a Frosslass. Then I thought, "eh, I'll catch a bunch of Vulpix until I find the Snorunt and Wondertrade them away". I can only hope they went to Moon players who didn't have one yet.

In the GTS, I ended up getting a french Alolan Sandshrew, a Drampa, a Bruxish, and a Salazzle. But my favorite had to be the Chinese Stufful I got:) I love those little plushies.

In the GTS, I ended up getting a french Alolan Sandshrew, a Drampa, a Bruxish, and a Salazzle. But my favorite had to be the Chinese Stufful I got:) I love those little plushies.

I keep getting a lot of Popplios in Wonder Trade, so I usually send out Rowlets and Littens

Finally got two King's Rocks from wild Hariyama. Put each one on Slowpoke and Poliwhirl. I have rank up at the Festival to level 65.

Moon: Getting Bewear and Magnezone up to the team's main levels. Thinking about level 63 before i attempt the Poni Gauntlet. Working on breeding a bunch of Litten to send to WT.

Sun: Got my Cutiefly (Taurin, level 9) and she's the cutest. She's also gonna be the superstar. This is a Cutiefly/Ribombee run and there will be lots of pollen involved.

I have 70/100 Zygarde cells/cores collected in Pokemon Moon. I'm stalling completing the UB side mission in Moon's postgame cuz well.. I completed it in Sun and now I want to have a complete Zygarde prior to capturing the Ultra Beasts.

Pushed through all of Ula'Ula Island in Sun yesterday. Man, the game really picks up at this point. I felt like I was discouraged from branching off and running around and catching pokemon just because of all the of the story stuff getting thrown at you.

I gotta say, I enjoyed the assault on Po Town.

I just beat the Pokemon League in Moon, and it was a pretty wild ride.
My team initially was level 46-47, except Lunala that was level 55. My party included: Ribombee ♀ (Yeolly), Wishiwashi ♂ (Washa), Sylveon ♂ (Nymphia), Salandit ♂ (Fyo), Mimikyu ♀ (Ohana) and Lunala (I call it Nebby, but I didn't actually nickname it).

Highlights:
- Lunala tanking three Darkest Lariats in a row, with 1 HP (thank you affection mechanic) while I was reviving my dead party.
- Switching Mimikyu in right before Kukui used the Z-move so Mimikyu took no damage thanks to Disguise (lucky moment).
- Toxic being the most valuable move ever; being the reason I managed to beat the League. Salandit and Wishiwashi knew Toxic.
- Wishiwashi tanking a lot of stuff with the aid of Aqua Ring and some potions, allowing Toxic to kill the opponents (its attacks weren't strong enough by themselves).
- Salandit getting destroyed, but pulling all those Toxics off (Corrosion is a nice ability too).
- Ribombee and Sylveon hanging in there in a few critical moments.

I finally caught all of the Island Guardians today.

Tapu Lele was the easiest. It took a while, but I caught her in the Heal Ball I wanted her to be in.
Tapu Bulu was probably the worst. I wanted him in a Nest Ball, but he wouldn't stay in the damn things. It also didn't help that I couldn't paralyze him with Stun Spore which made it even harder to catch him. After using like 30 balls he still wouldn't get caught so I said, "screw it" and just used Timer Balls. And he still wound't stay in the ball. It was my last Timer Ball that finally caught him. I'm just glad I had Tsareena to lower his attack with Trop Kick so he couldn't do as much damage.
Tapu Fini was a pain in the ass simply because she had Aqua Ring and kept healing herself. I had to restart this fight about 3 times because I either accidentally knocked her out, or she kept knocking out the only Pokemon I could use to do minor damage. I was finally able to catch her in the Dive Ball I wanted for her on the 4th try...

In a bid to fill the PokeDex, I un-retire my Misdreavus to evolve it into a Mismagius, and then used it to catch up in levels. The moves I taught it are Mystical Fire, Mean Look and Perish Song, which seems like a neat strategy at times. Drifblim is still retired, but I will eventually use it in the Elite Four to mark the occasion of joining the adventure. Having 16 Pokemon can be a lot of work, but it feels rewarding when every member does something great at key moments.

When I reached Battle Tree, I was blindsided by the battle between Red or Blue, only because I didn't heal after the double Veteran match. This made me worried, where I used recover items like crazy to keep up with the Pokemon he used. Persian was the key in surviving such assaults, with its immensely useful Fur Coat ability. Despite my team not being up to shape, I managed to defeat Blue, which was a relief. At the Battle Tree, I managed to snag an IV checker, so the first thing I went to check are my team of 16. It turns out that many of them have IVs that are not in tip-top shape, such as Marowak (despite the Thick Club + Adamant I had earlier). I've checked Mimikyu's IVs earlier, so it's interesting to see it reflected (it has high HP, Atk, SpAtk and Speed, but very low defence IVs). Dhelmise managed to have perfect/great Special Defence IV, which goes well with its Careful nature.

In the second round of Elite Four, I've brought five members that haven't gone through the gauntlet: Torkoal, Pelipper, Gigalith, Mimikyu and Dhelmise joins in the second bout of Elite Four goodness, while Mudsdale is my reliable veteran. The battle against Kahili was surprising tough even though I had Stealth Rock set up, Acerola was similar tricky to beat, Hala managed to get lucky since Mimikyu missed Play Rough twice, so I had to improvise. Finally, Olivia was easy since I only used two Pokemon (Mudsdale and Dhelmise).

The challenger I have faced was Hau, who surprisingly have five Pokemon. He led with Raichu, so I beaten it handily with Mudsdale (though I led with Pelipper). The next Pokemon he sent out was Komala, who I underestimated since it seems to have coverage moves against the Pokemon I used: Wood Hammer for Mudsdale, Shadow Claw for ghosts and Earthquake for Torkoal! It was defeated by Torkoal. Crabominable shared a similar fate, being burned by Torkoal. He wisely chose Primarina next, and I didn't have anything good to send out against it, so I left Torkoal in to do as much damage as possible. Surprisingly, Torkoal managed to survive two Water attacks by hanging on. That's some dedication! When Primarina was weak, I assumed that Hau will heal his Pokemon, so sent out Mimikyu. However, it attacked and so I had to finish Primarina off quickly. His final Pokemon is Flareon, who I defeated with Gigalith.

Team thus far, including Reserves:
1) Decidueye (Olivia): Jolly (F)
2) Pelipper (Pelly): Relaxed (M)
3) Vikavolt (Buzzy): Relaxed (F)
4) Persian (Paul): Timid (M)
5) Drifblim (Billie Bob): Brave (F)
6) Gengar (Gus): Quiet (M)
7) Mismagius (Benedict): Naive (M)
8) Gigalith (Charistan): Naughty (M)
9) Mudsdale (Horace): Serious (M)
10) Tsareena (Bouncee): Adamant (F)
11) Marowak (Bonita): Adamant (F)
12) Palossand (Sahara): Calm (F)
13) Clefable (Faye): Modest (F)
14) Torkoal (Turquoise): Hardy (F)
15) Mimikyu (Marcus): Adamant (M)
16) Dhelmise (Kaptain): Careful

Thanks for reading.

I was grinding at the Battle Buffet, and I went back to the pokemon center to heal.

Nurse Joy told me my team had Pokerus. I don't know who caught it or when it started infecting my team, but some of them were already cured XD

I was soft reseting so I could battle all the challengers for the champion title but Faba was taking way too long to show up so I decided to do other things first. I caught Necrozma and Tapu Koko, but knocked out Tapu Lele, so now I have to go through the Elite Four again. Oh well.

Hey, been a few days

In Sun I haven't done too much, did a little Poke Pelago stuff, like leveled up my islands. Did some major level up stuff so the finiding Island is all maxed out. Those Pokemon mostly just go stone hunting, so I don't have to worry about stones. I really haven't done too much besides that though. Oh yeah, I also rechallenged the Elite 4 to take on a challenger. I do find it kind of annoying, that we have to beat the elite 4 over and over again in order to take on our challengers. I'm the gosh darn Champion, shouldn't you guys be putting more effort in your battles against the challengers so only the strongest make it to me. As what I noted in my first time beating the game, I found the Elite 4 more difficult than the challengers themselves. My
battle was with Hau though, so that might be partially why. I had coverage for all his Pokemon.

In Moon I started going through Akala, beat Lana and Kawe, and caught two new members of my team, a Mudbray and a Salandit. I don't think I'll ever shiny hunt Salandit through SOSing again. I had a terrible time even trying to get a female one for the Salazzle. The problem was not getting the female one, it was trying to keep it from calling anymore of it's friends. Ceasar, my Mudbray, is absolutely amazing. When Mudsdale was first announced, I wasn't too excited, but I started to really like it over time. I even almost did my first run through with one. I really love him though. That stamina is amazing.
Here's my Moon team as of now
Namu the Brionne
Bean the Trumbeak
Augustus the Cutiefly
Ceasar the Mudbray
Bellatrix the Salandit (name means female warrior, I like it. Also the name's from Harry Potter, even though I've never even read that series)

Finals have finally started for me, so hopefully once they're done next week I will have some more time to play the games.

Last edited:
We are finally throwing down against the main antagonist.

Team: Jolteon, Toucannon, Salazzle, Decidueye, Primarina, Incineroar (starter)

First up is her Clefairy, who can't seem to do anything against Salazzle's 4x Fairy resistance. So I buff up Salazzle's Sp.Atk and wipe it out.
Milotic, predictably, gets the revenge kill on Salazzle, then Jolteon (also predictably) mops her up.
Third is Lilligant. My Decidueye may not get STAB on Pluck but this is the reason I didn't swap out a Flying move or two.
Fourth is Mismagius, but Decidueye also has Sucker Punch so she falls in two.
Last is Bewear, who appears COMPLETELY walled by a Ghost. No Foresight or Odor Sleuth, no Dark moves -- I'm plucking at the thing with total impunity.

Filled up my first batch of qr codes and scanned the island.

A wild Samurott appeared!

I caught it in a Dive Ball. Thank goodness that males can also pass down ball designs. I can now breed it for Dive Ball Oshawotts :D

EDIT: Did another island scan and a wild Litwick appeared!!

This time I caught it with a Beast Ball because why the heck not. Took me five balls. Maybe I should have tried catching Samurott with a Beast Ball because the color scheme matches perfectly, but then again, the catch rate is pretty hellish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom