• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't have a whole lot of time yesterday to play the game.

Day Two 12/26/16
Went into Mystery Gift and got Munchlax with Snorlium Z. Went into my demo and transferred Greninja, and all the items I got. I now have a ridiculous amount of money in my bank account.
Clicked on Festival Plaza and to my surprise it was actually available already. So I wasted a whole mess of time in there talking to people and sending them to various booths, and answering survey questions. Truly, I say, I have no idea what the heck I'm doing, but somehow I managed to raise my rank up to level 5 I think it is. I can't find the button to click that shows me what my ranking is. I think it's 5. I have about 60 Festival Coins I believe. Can't find where to see my Festival Coins amount either. Even after I got out the strategy guide and read about it. Apparently there's no place to check these things.

Spent the remaining time doing the exact opposite of what RotomDex & Ilima wanted me to do. Did not go the the Verdant Cavern trial. Spent much time traipsing through the grass and catching Pokies. Tuffree evolved so I boxed him and put an Abra I caught in his place. Traded a Spearow for that girl's Machop in the PokeCenter. Was up until not-too-late this time around, but didn't spend much time in the cemetery trying to catch the ghosties cause I was getting really tired.

Current team: Parmin, Ocanato, Ladina, Hammer, Achuri. Added Kamalza (m), the Abra I caught.

Ran the whole way back home to my mom; saved and turned it off.

Captured & boxed: Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Makuhita, Drowzee, Smeargle, Spearow, Magnemite.

Also, this morning, I checked on Haruka's outfit in my ORAS book and lo and behold, her shorts are white and black. So I need to change that today for sure. Haven't played my ORAS game in quite some time so I had actually forgotten what her shorts look like.

Last edited:
Didn't get as much done today as I would have wished, but whatever.

I had my first Gladion encounter and beat him fairly easily. Type: Null was pretty helpless against my Mudbray, Moon Mudwall, especially since I gave him Fightinium-Z for his Double Kick. Moon Pancake evolved into Pikachu after some battles. His friendship leveled up much faster since I gave him the Soothe Bell.

Eventually I battled Totem Wishiwashi and despite not having much water coverage, I felt this battle went much better than when I played Sun. I had Petilil, Petal, start with Leech Seed off the bat. Then she took out the ally Wishiwashi before the Totem knocked her out. Mudwall used Bulldoze to slow Totem Wishiwashi and Alolomola. Jester (Popplio) was able to take out Alolomola with 3 consecutive Echoed Voices. A Morelull I caught, named Spore, used Flash to lower Totem Wishiwashi's accuracy a bit. Then Pancake used his new Charge Beam to break the Totem's Schooling. He finished him off with an All-Out Pummeling via Brick Break. It wasn't necessary, the thing had like 10 HP left, but I (surprisingly) hadn't used a Z-Move yet and wanted a spectacular finish;).

I added the traded Passimian, Moon Leader, to my team after the battle since he was around the same level as my main team. I was going to wait until Lush Jungle to add him since that's where he would have been catchable if it was Sun. But I didn't want to have to have to grind him up later where the rest of my team would have probably been around lv. 24-25, so I just added him then.

I made my way to the Battle Royale where I actually managed to survive this time. I just had Mudwall use Bulldoze to hit everyone and eventually take out Hau's Torracat. Then I battled the trainers on the Wela Volcano and will take on Kiawe's trial tomorrow. I also wanted to add that I ran into a Salandit as soon as I ran in there and it just so happened to be a female. I just thought that was funny.

It took about three hours of reseting my starter before I finally got a female~ Then, when I got to Ilima, he rekd my team and I had to do a bunch of grinding, which is why I didn't check in much until now~ XP But I just beat Totem Gumshoos is a fairly easy match, so it's time to finally start getting in some real progress~

Team:
Brionne = T-ae (just evolved after beating Gumshoos), Pichu = Riko, Midnight Lycanroc (Traded from Moon, haven't used yet since I can't legally get Rockruff yet)

In Party Mons:
Drifloon, I need the funds

Looks like today was the day I'd get two trails done. Took on Totem Salazzle and Salandit and am on the way to facing Olivia. Spolier box because this ended up much longer than I expected.

Since I already new how Kiawe's trial would go, I kept my Herdier in the front so he could do the fighting and keep my team at full health before the Totem battle (Sorry Moon Pup). Everything went by quite smoothly. Then came the Totem.

Salazzle went much smoother than it did in Sun. Then again, in Sun I had less Pokemon that could handle fire/poision types. I sent out Moon Pancake (Pikachu) to slow Salazzle down with Thunder Wave. Then I had him damage the Salandit ally before being KO'd. Then I sent out Moon Leader (Passimian) to use Rock Tomb Salandit to finish off the Salandit. Now, when I played Sun, I just focused on attacking Salazzle, so I KO'd her first before even aiming for Salandit. I didn't even knew she called more allies (though it should have been obvious), so after knocking out the first Salandit, I'm thinking I don't need to worry about anymore allies. Wrong I was, as Salazzle called for another immediately after. I think I sent out Moon Jester (Popplio) to do a bit more damage, but he went down rather quickly. Not wanting to lose anymore Pokemon, I sent out Moon Mudwall (Mudray) who defeated both the Totem and her ally with a single Bulldoze (I completely forgot that they had a double weakness to that:/).

After I got my Firium-Z, I flew back to Heahea City with Charizard to change my shirt. I put on the free Tropical Tee. Hadn't changed my look in a while and I wanted something different for the last trial. I made my way to the Lush Jungle to begin Mallow's trial. Luckily I remembered where most of the ingredients were from the last time, so it went by a bit quicker. I was surprised to be attacked by a Shiintoic as the Big Mushroom, though. I know specifically that it was a Parasect in Sun, but I would have never expected that that was a version exclusive fight. That was actually pretty nice.

Anyway, now onto the Totem Lurantis. I went in expecting a tough fight, like the last time, and boy did I get it. I sent out Pancake to slow her down with Thunder Wave, but he got one shot by her 1 turn Solar Blade. I then sent out Leader to slow her down with Scary Face and Rock Tomb. He also did a bit of damage to Trumbeak before being knocked out. I sent out Jester to finish of Trumbeak with Scald. Next I used Herider to lower her attack power (which I should have done first) with Intimidate and Baby Doll Eyes. I was able to lower her attack to the minimum since she kept spamming Solar Blade which now took 2 turns. And since her HP was full, she didn't call on Castform. Unfortunately, I started doing some damage, and she started using Synthesis. Then she called on Castform. I healed Leader who took out Castform with a Break Break and Rock Tomb. Then I healed and sent out Jester to damage Lurantis with consecutive Echoed Voices. Eventually the Totem's health got to about half and I tried to take her out with Leader's All-Out Pummeling. But it didn't kill. Luckily, I got a good crit Brick Break before finishing her off with another one.

I gave the Grassium to Pancake to use with his Grass Knot. I also experienced my first Black Out to an Ace Trainer with a Sylveon. Then I made all the necessary progress to get to Konikoni City.

I decided get a massive update for my look. I got an entirely new haircut, the modern quiff which I dyed pink brown. (Never changed my hairstyle after the first time in Sun since I was intentionally trying to match the girl in the Festival Plaza artwork) Then I bought an Argyle Tee, the Legendary shorts, and a navy blue scout pack. (I hate how you have to wait this long to get a new bag.) My character looks like a totally new kid. It's nice.

While in the city, I got the Pikanium-Z and taught Pancake Volt Tackle so I can Catastropika my foes into oblivion before he evolves. Don't worry Pancake, you'll get a new special Z-Move later:) I battled all of the trainers in the Ruins of Life including Plumeria. Moon Ruffian finally evolved into his ugly Midnight Form. I hate Lycanroc and especially the Midnight form (using it solely because of the version exclusivity), but at the very least I'm happy that I got one who is Hasty natured and Hates to Lose so he actually fits his species.

Gonna take on Olivia tomorrow. Hopefully she doesn't completely obliterate me:)

Well, we completed the Dragon trial. I ... really did not know what to expect here.

Least of all a Protect duel between my Salazzle and Totem Kommo-o. We alternately used Protects for about five or six turns until he took her out. The good news is Jolteon was able to get a Thunder Wave on it from turn 1, and Decidueye was able to tank just enough hits to nail it with a few Plucks for the win.

And next, on to a climactic battle that I am SO not levelled for ...

(Possessed) Aether President Lusamine in Ultra Space.

First up is an almost textbook rematch of my Salazzle versus her Clefable -- whom apparently has Magic Guard so my attempt to Toxic it was worthless (and why am I not packing Venoshock again?). I broke that stalemate by swapping Decidueye in, who nailed it in two Leaf Blades.

Round two is Mismagius ... but Decidueye is apparently faster? Okay, one Spirit Shackle and the ghost is down.

Round three is Lilligant? Why do I not have Oricorio on my team again? It apparently has a Sp.Atk boost and I don't have anyone to tank out that Petal Dance (plus it apparently has Own Tempo). Lilligant is faster, too, but I get lucky in dodging a Stun Spore, go for the Z-move and she's down.

Round four is Milotic, right? Yup. I should still be faster, though. ...Or not. Salazzle nearly takes a Hydro Pump for the team (it missed!) so that I can heal Decidueye to mop up the serpent ... and boy does he. He also had a chance to learn the ever-useful Feather Dance, but his current moves are more valuable.

Last is Bewear ... who STILL seems to be totally walled by a Ghost type -- its only new trick is Pain Split. Oh, and apparently it has a TON of HP -- a good 50% more than Decidueye, so that Pain Split? Actually works in my favor here. I still can't seem to put a dent in its physical defense, though -- but if it can't do squat against a Ghost then I can at least give my trainee Sandygast some more experience, right? Sand Tomb + Hypnosis makes a nasty little combo and finishes it off.

Whew ... can we call it a wrap and roll the credits already?

Or...
The battle against Solgaleo.

First, Lv.55? I am now officially outleveled.

Second, that music. THAT MUSIC.

Okay, then, down to business. First we Thunder Wave it, per usual (thanks Jolteon). Now to wear him down.... hmm... whoa, Sunsteel Strike? That would be very bad news for Decidueye, to be sure, but Incineroar can officially tank you. Unfortunately we did use up too many balls before catching it (in a Timer Ball). Hmm....

Okay, then they tell me to head up Mount Lanakila? Um, okay...

Whoa, Gladion, you're here already? Um, third battle in a row I am not prepared for....

Crobat's faster than Jolteon, but not for long (though it DID take two turns to paralyze the bat). Jolteon lives long enough to Volt Switch out for Mudsdale.

Second up is ... WHOA. Is THAT what their true form is! Mudsdale is hit supereffectively, but Decidueye gets lucky -- Leaf Blade is supereffective in turn, plus the hail means it goes down in one turn.

Next for Weavile -- Incineroar, you can handle this, right? (Yes.)

Lastly -- whoa, where'd you get a LUCARIO? Okay, I am officially dead. Decidueye has to eat a Z-move to the face so I can revive Mudsdale. (Wait -- why did I use a not-Max Revive?) Eviolite Sandygast is able to get off two good hits with Bulldoze, despite the level gap, but she'll never set any speed records here, and goes down in a third hit.

I'm running out of options. Hey, Nebby, want to join in the fun?

Last edited:
Soft-resetted for EV berries to plant in PokePelago.
Waited till evening to catch my very own Nebby. Decided to soft-reset until I got either Timid or Modest, and Modest appeared first. I want to evolve it, but I'm too lazy to go around asking for battles so I left it at Poke Pelago for passive level-up. It should have fun playing with AshGreninja.
Went on GTS to see if there were any reasonable Solgaleo trade requests and found that someone wanted a PorygonZ in return. As I was only keeping one for the dex entry, I traded it.
Spoiler for post-game plot
Caught all the Ultra Beasts and caught Necrozma. Tip: Necrozma becomes utterly pathetic with Sableye as the opponent because none of its attacks can hurt the gem-eating goblin. The downside was that my Sableye was at level 10, so the level-up sequence after the capture was quite.... lengthy.
So I'm nearly done completing the dex. I can't wait to get the shiny charm and restart the Masuda Method.

Alright, made my way over to Akala Island and am currently taking on Lana's Trial~ Still spending every now and then grinding, but the team's getting there at being able to fend for themselves~ I have some better type advantages than I did when playing Moon, but I'm still not looking forward to Totem Wishiwashi~ XP

Team:
Riko = Pikachu, T-ae = Brionne, Seulji = Midnight Lycanroc, Xia= = Morelull

In party mons:
Pom Pom Oricorio, Cutiefly; neither have done much~

Had some second thoughts about the Ball type I used to get Solgaleo, so I did some resetting, and ultimately caught it in a Level Ball. That, and a Timer or Premier ball is about the only thing in matching colors to the liion. (Nature is +Def -Atk, btw. Slightly better than the -Sp.Def I caught on my first attempt.)

I almost hate to have Solgaleo on the active team, but ... y'know?
Lusamine kind of has a point about you. Catching Pokemon to store in the PC and all.

I wonder if anyone's given their mascot a silly nickname, like:
GetInTheBALL

Last edited:
Didn't do as much as I would have liked due to those darn dentist appointments, but...whatever.

I challenged Oliva and...it was easy. I literally had no issues. I mean, I get that I have plenty of rock coverage (totally the opposite of my Sun team), but I thought being under leveled would have made for a pretty tough match. But no, it went by really quickly. Moon Jester (Popplio) took out Nosepass with a Scald and a Hydro Vortex. Moon Mudwall (Mudbray) took out Boldore with a few High Horsepowers. And Moon Leader (Passimian) beat her hell hound (which never even used Continental Crush) with like 3 Brick Breaks. I gave my own Lycanroc the Rockium-Z after the battle.

Then I went to Aether Paradise. Moon Ruffian (Lycanroc) actually beat UB-01, mainly because the thing only spammed Venoshock. Then I went to Ula'ula Island and battled Hau. Now that was a hard battle, just like the last time. His Raichu destroyed Ruffian and nearly took out Mudwall before falling. Now here was the big problem, Leafeon. I've just realized that my Sun team had horrid rock coverage, but great grass coverage. This time it's compleley reversed. Hau's Leafeon was nearly the death of me because I was super under leveled and had nothing to hit it. I tired Leader's All-Out Pummeling, but it still didn't do much. Plus the thing had Giga Drian and kept healing. It was only because I paralyzed it and had a Phantump with Astomish that I was able to paraflinch beat that thing. And at that moment I was never happier that Hau had the starter Pokemon weak to the player because if he didn't have Torracat, Jester would have been screwed.

Anyway, I went to Malie Garden to talk to Kukui and all that, then I went shopping. Just like with Celine in Sun, I wasn't a fan of much of the stuff they had for Elio in the Ula'ula Apparel Shop. I bough the fruit sporty long shorts and a purple sporty backpack, but only changed into the pants because I literally just got this new bag and want to keep it for a while. It makes me question why they organized the bag purchases the way they did. The first time you can get a new bag is at Konikoni City and the next time is immediately afterwards at Malie City with literally no time inbetween. Yet, it seems they spread out shirts, pants, hats and glasses to every other store. I wish they would have allowed for the first bag/backpack change in Heahea City. Sorry for the bag rant, that's just something that annoyed me.

Hopefully I'll catch my last team member later.

The battle against Totem Wishiwashi was a fairly alright battle. I didn't make the same mistake I made when I played Moon and decided to only attack Totem Wishiwashi, cuz if I went for his little buddy, he'd summon Alolomola and THAT would be a problem~ It was a bit lengthy because it was a hard fought battle with just my then newest capture, but we managed to get the win~

Totem Salazzle was a bit easier, as one of my mons was just a bit overleveled for it, though I didn't want it to be a cake-walk, so I kept going for the summoned Salandit, but once it used Toxic on me, she had to go. Not here for another Venoshock sweep!

On that note, I've caught about 5 female Salandit~ XD I'm actually shocked they appeared that frequently for me, especially considering how hard it was for me to just get my starter. I think I've seen more females than males~ XP Kinda funny.

As I'm typing this, I literally just beat Totem Lurantis and this one was almost a sweep~ I have only one Pokemon that can do some damage to Grass-types at the moment and it's not all that good on its own yet, so I literally had to go through my whole team as Solar Blade fodder before I could get it back in after its first KO with a Revive to finish the battle after Castorm and Trumbeak were gone and the sun ended.

So, three varying difficulties for Akala's Trials; Medium, Easy, and Hard and now we're set off to face Olivia! :3 Hoping we can manage~

Team:
Riko = Pikachu, T-ae = Brionne, Xia = Shiinotic (was a Morellul when she beat Totem Wishiwashi), Hyeme = Salandit (finished off Totem Lurantis, Seulji = Midnight Lycanroc (had a field day Rock Throwing Salandit in the Totem fight, should have used Brionne since she's lower leveled DX), Alex = Stufful

Went through some pretty difficult battles today. Spoiler box for length.

Continuing from where we left off yesterday, I went to Mount Hokulani for Sophocles's trial. I evolved Pancake with a Thunder Stone I bought from Oliva's shop in Koniknoi. I was going to leave him as a Pikachu until I actually got the Electrium-Z, but I found the Volt Switch TM, so I just got rid of Volt Tackle and evolved him. I also caught a Violet core Minior as a new backup team member. I gave it the Normalium-Z to use a super powerful Self-Destruct Breakneck Blitz.

The battle against Molayne was a bit easier than it was in Sun, which made sense since I had more steel-type coverage. I still lost about 3 mons in that fight tho. This time around I smartly healed before going in the observatory for the trial. And thank goodness I did, because if I hadn't...I.would.have.lost.

I sent out Moon Star (Minor) to easily take on the Grubbin and Charjabug while leaving my team fresh for the actual Totem, which ended up working. The battle against Totem Vikavolt was the complete opposite of how it was in Sun. In Sun, I beat it with literally 2 Pokemon while the rest of my team were out of commission due to the battle with Molayne. It was the easiest Totem, no question. This time, it was like hell.

Moon Star got taken out by the last Charjabug so Moon Jester (Popplio) was sent out first. After getting in a single Aqua Set he goes down from Spark, which I expected so that was fine. I sent out Moon Leader (Passimian) to slow it down with Rock Tomb. And he missed! Then he got Paralyzed by Charjabug while Vikivolt was Charging up with Charge. He gets KO'd with a Spark from the Totem and a Vicgrip from the Charjabug. Next I used Pancake, but he was too slow to my surprise, and a single Bug Bite took him out. So then I went with Moon Mudwall (Mudbray) since it the opponents were physical attackers and he could take advantage with Stamina. His Rock Tomb managed to hit and I made sure to hit both Pokemon to slow them each. Stamina pulled through for a while, but my biggest blunder came when I tried to use High Horsepower on Vikavolt to do more damage. I completely forgot that it had Levitate. He went down to a Bug Bite. All that was left was Moon Ruffian (Lycanroc). I had to go hard or I knew it would be over, I used Continental Crush which the Totem just barely survived (if I'd used any other move instead of that High Horse Power with Mudwall, he'd have taken it out). Ruffian survived a Spark pretty well to my surprise, but hen he got Charjabug used Thunder Wave. So I'm thinking that it's over. This same situation happened in Sun, but the difference was that my Helios had Accelerock to strike first. To my third shock of this match, Ruffian was still faster than the Totem even after being paralyzed and took it out with Rock Tomb. Then after healing him, I eventually took out Charjabug, though not with paralysis slowing that process down. That was the hardest Totem battle I've had in Moon, and maybe between both games. I never would have expected what happened after that cakewalk in Sun.

Then we took on Guzma...which was get another nightmare. It was going fine until Ariados kept KO'ing with Fell Stinger so its attack was going through the roof. Once again Ruffian had to handle these bugs and save us from a loss. I feel like he knows how much I hate Lycanroc and he's trying to make me like him. Nope, still don't like you, ya ugly wolf :) Ruffian is okay. He and Helios will be the only ones I tolerate. Honestly though, if I hadn't forgotten to give Pancake the Electrium-Z before the battle, we wouldn't have had nearly as many issues.

I quickly flew back to Konikoni to pick of up few things I wanted to buy before, the green "seed" tank and shorts. I think I'll put them on for a somewhat special occasion in the near future.

My game was low on power, so before ending it I decided to head to the Tapu Village to get my final team member. I used repels so I'd only encounter Pokemon lv 30 and 31 so my capture would be on a equal level with the rest of my team and I wouldn't have to grind him up. I finally found my Alolan Sandshrew and got him as a Critical Capture with my only Timer Ball. His name is Moon Igloo and he's actually at Lv. 31 making him currently the strongest on my team, lol.

Next up will be Totem Mimikiller and I'm not anticipating an easy match:p

Day Three 12/27/16
So I got a lot done on this day. I'll try to condense since I'm behind on updates.
Before I went to Verdant Cavern, I went back into the grass again. Caught a Growlithe, and named him Arcana, caught a Cutiefly and named her Breomi. Grinded a bit to level them up. Put them on the team and took out Lanida (Ledyba) & Kamalza (Abra). Went to the the Verdant trial. Wasn't too bad. Team Numskull was funny as heck.
Afterwards went to Melemele Meadow and traipsed around. Completely ignored Lillie and Nebby and caught a bunch of Pokes and explored the Seaward Cave and Kala'e Bay before coming back to save the little guy. Managed to upgrade my PokeFinder to Vers 3 while there. Caught a yellow Oricorio without much trouble, thankfully. I had heard that the yellow one can be a pain in the butt to catch. Achuri evolved into Pikachu while I was there. After coming out of the Meadow ran into Hau and battled him. Wasn't too hard to win.
My Sun game flips over into nighttime when the clock strikes 6:00pm and that's really annoying, but whatever. I backtracked to the cemetery and caught a Drifloon & Misdreavus finally.
Went back up to Rte. 3 and tried to find a super rare Bagon in the south patch of grass, but couldn't, so gave up.
Then I went to the Grand Trial to face Hala. I took out Hammer because I was facing all fighting types and I put Lanida back in even though she's bug. I wasn't sure if I could make use of her or not, but I figured what the heck can't hurt. Took Arcana out as well and put Kamalza back in. He evolved into a Kadabra during the G.T. so that was nice.
After getting Tauros I backtracked to every place I could smash rocks and explored/picked up items. You can bet I hightailed it to Ten Carat Hill and got myself my sweet little Rockruff who I named Roccany. Roccany is now permanently on the team and Kamalza is boxed.
Kukui, Hau, and Lillie wanted me to come to the marina so we could all set off for Akala Island, but once again, I don't do what they want, I do what I want. So I went back to the Hau'oli Shopping Mall and explored. The Battle Buffet is pretty cool. Got Lanida to finally evolve into a Ledian there.
Went to see Ilima at his house. We walked to the Trainer's School and battled and then he....invited me back to his room for tea & snacks....*cough*..... okay Ilima ....whatever....
After that, I backtracked again to the cemetery and spoke to the woman visiting her husband's grave and she gave me TM Fling. Finally, I went back home to mom and spent the night there. Too bad for Kukui, Hau & Lillie.

Current team as of day 3 - Parmin, Ocanato, Achuri, Roccany, Breomi, Arcana.

Captured & Boxed: yellow Oricorio, Cottonee, Diglett, Roggenrola, Carbink, Rufflet, Delibird, Spinda, Mankey, Drifloon, Gastly, Misdreavus, Zubat.

Wish I could have done more today, but I did complete Acerola's trial.

So continuing from where we left off, I headed to Aether House to meet up with Acerola. After battling the Ace Trainer on Route 15 , Moon Mudwall evolved into Mudsdale. Then we went to the Thrifty Megamart Abandoned Site for one of the most annoying Totem Battles so far.

Just like in Sun, and just like a ghost, Totem Mimikyu was a nightmare. I lost the first battle, short and sweet. It was awful. Everything went wrong, but the worst part as when Mimikyu Mimicked Mudwall's High Horsepower and processed to destroy my ground-weak Pokemon in a snap. I also screwed up royally when I thought that, like Gengar, Haunter's ability had changed and I tried to hit it with a High Horsepower and failed.

I'm surprised that I even won the second match. I put up Moon Jester (Popplio) first to use Aqua Jet to bust the Totem's disguise before he got one shot. I thought I had a good idea in sending out Moon Ruffian to take some hits from both Pokemon and use Counter to deal some major damage back...except for the fact that I'm an idiot and I forgot that Counter is a freaking fighting-type move. So Moon Ruffian goes down without doing anything. If I was smart, I would have used Rock Tomb to slow the Totem down or just Bite Haunter. Whatever. Then I send out Moon Leader (Passiamian) and hoped that he was faster so he could use Brutal Swing to KO Haunter...nope, he goes down in one hit. So just like in Sun, half my team is gone and we've done 0 damage to anything. Time to get serious. I sent out the newly evolved Mudwall to take advantage of the fact that my opponents were primarily physical attackers. I started off with Iron Defense to get a good defense boost from the start. And Mimikyu Mimics it! So now she's using Iron Defense to boost her defense which sucks because not only does my Mudsdale know no special attacking moves, it had only one that actually hits ghost-types. So it's just a game of use High Horsepower a few times, heal up, and repeat. I'm only glad that the Totem only used Iron Defense once and that Haunter's Hypnosis's kept missing. Unfortunately it stated using Night Shade, but eventually, I was able to finally take out the Totem. I let our new capture, Moon Igloo (Sandshrew) take out the Haunter with a nice Corkscrew Crash.

...and I forgot that Counter is a freaking fighting-type move.
But remember, Counter doesn't get type bonuses or STAB, it just deals back double whatever physical damage YOU did to them first -- you must have hit them moderately hard.

As for me, I recall losing my first attempt at the Ghost totem, but on the second attempt I used Thunder Wave on the totem to slow it down, and I'm pretty sure that alone helped me win it that time.

Day Four 12/29/16
Went down to the marina after leaving Kukui, Hau, & Lillie there overnight waiting for me. They were so happy to see me show up finally! ha
Made it to Akala island in no time flat. First thing I do is get Lanida out of box & take her to the name rater I found in the tourist bureau. Fixed her name so she's Lenida now. Went into the apparel shop and got black shorts for Haruka. Her outfit looks more similar to her ORAS outfit now. Looked at the data info on clothing in my strategy guide. Can't get a red bow for her until later down the line. :(
Headed for the Tide Song Hotel to see what Lillie was up to. Ran into Dexio & Sina. Fought Dexio & got the Zygarde cube. Sucked up the 1st one I found in the corner of the hotel.
Headed up Rte 4 to Paniola town. Tried to catch an Igglybuff & killed it. None of the Pokes on my team can learn False Swipe so I went back to the PokeCenter and got out Xorlan who knows Hold Back. Started using him to catch the new Pokes I found.
Headed up to Paniola Ranch. Got Stoutland from Mallow. Talked to the Tauros in the top left corner of the ranch and tripped a cutscene and a battle with one of the breeders. Went to the nursery and got the Eevee egg and hatched it. The Miltank outside the nursery will heal your Pokies if you talk to her.
Made it to Rte 5 without much trouble and hit up the PokeCenter. Traded the Lillipup I caught for a Bounsweet. Met Gladion on Rte 5. He's a piece of cake, that one. Smacked him down with little trouble.
Took out Parmin & Roccany for my trip to Brooklet Hill & Lana's trial. Put in the Fomantis & Morelull I caught. Morelull will be a permanent team member. Named her Tonishia. Got Lapras from Lana. Caught the first Wishiwashi Lana pointed out to me in the splashing. Took down the 2nd one with no trouble.
The Totem battle was a different matter all together. Damn school form destroyed half my team because Alolamomola kept using Heal Pulse on it. Even poor Achuri wasn't able to take it down cause he only knows Thunderschock. Had to throw out Xorlan and used Breakneck Blitz. Busted the school form finally. Took a moment to revive & heal Achuri and he took both Totem & ally down. Got the Waterium Z. Went back to Paniola Ranch south and scattered the Sudowoodo.

Ran into Hapu & Mudsdale. Helped her take down Team Numskull. Went back to explore the new part of HeaHea City that opened up, and tried to explore the Diglett tunnel. Olivia sent me packing back to town. Went to the Battle Royal dome. Kukui (Masked Royal my foot :p) says you use 3 Pokies to fight in the battle. So thought I could pick 3 out. But, nope, you don't get to pick, nor even use, three Pokies. Demo battle arbitrarily makes the decision to use your 1st Pokie in line. So Arcana got thrown out and stomped. Poor thing.
Took out Breomi & Arcana and put Roccany & Parmin back in & headed up to the Fire Trial. As I was working my way up Wela Volcana Park, Xorlan evolved into Snorlax, so that was nice. Kiawe's trial is hilarious with the hiker and the Salazzle jumping in to the 2nd & 3rd dances. Beat Totem Salazzle with not too much trouble cause I had Parmin in front. Got Charizard & went to Poke Pelago right away just to talk to Mohn and see what the deal is. Shook tons of PokeBeans off the tree and then headed back to the PokeCenter where I saved and ended for the night.

Current team: Parmin, Ocanato, Achuri, Roccany, Tonishia, Xorlan.
Caught & boxed: Igglybuff, Fomantis, Mudbray,Crabrawler, Miltank, Surskit, Poliwag, Psyduck, Wishiwashi, Tenticool, Magikarp, Finneon, Pink Oricorio, Cubone, Salandit, Goldeen. Hatched Eevee, named him Evan & boxed him.

Last edited:
Demo battle arbitrarily makes the decision to use your 1st Pokie in line. So Arcana got thrown out and stomped. Poor thing.
Yeah, happened to me too. What's WORSE is that if you try again on your own time, every opponent is Lv.50. Why can't the facility scale your team to Lv.50 to match? Why don't they offer Lv.25 battles? WHY INTRODUCE A FACILITY THIS EARLY WHEN YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY USE IT UNTIL THE ENDGAME?

I don't do much in the games anymore, other than breeding my "dream teams" for my second run through in the games whenever Nintendo decides to give us our Pokemon Bank update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom