• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, happened to me too. What's WORSE is that if you try again on your own time, every opponent is Lv.50. Why can't the facility scale your team to Lv.50 to match? Why don't they offer Lv.25 battles? WHY INTRODUCE A FACILITY THIS EARLY WHEN YOU CANNOT ACTUALLY USE IT UNTIL THE ENDGAME?

Wait....so you mean that if I would go back to the Battle Royal, even though I've only gotten as far as beating Mallow, and my Pokies are only mid-level 20's, the computer A.I. wouldn't recognize that and set the opponent's levels accordingly??
Okay, that is just utterly ridiculous if that's how it is.

And GameFreak told us they wouldn't put the Battle Frontier back into ORAS because it's too hard for casual players.

*rages*

Caught a female Cyndaquil from the Island Scan tonight. It only took ... oh, 40 minutes?

See, first I checked if I had any Cute Charmers on team -- even a female one has a better chance of finding a wild female starter than normal (almost threefold). 2nd wild Cyndaquil encountered was female but I ran from it, realizing I should've put it to Sleep instead of Paralyzing it -- but nearly fifty encounters later, not a SINGLE female in any of them (Cyndaquil or otherwise). What are the odds?

So I rebooted the game and tried again, this time prepared. I searched my PC for a male Eevee, then -- um -- drugged it with a Rainbow Bean and Rare Candy for *poof* instant Sylveon. I feel bad. Regardless, it took no time at all to find a female Cyndaquil this time, though catching it in a Luxury Ball still took far too long. Thankfully Sylveon was about level matched so he could just go hit that.

Among tonight's lucky Wonder Trade returns:
- Japanese Quick Ball Lapras
- Lure Ball Dhelmise

Made a little bit of progress today.

Continuing from last time, I battled Plumeria in front of Aether House. Moon Ruffian (Lycanroc) handled it by himself even though he was confused the entire match. I changed into my Seed Tank and Shorts for my journey to Po Town. Not gonna wear my nice clothes in all that rain:p I went through Route 15 and Ula'ula Meadow and defeated all of the trainers. That Office Worker with the Torkoal made me want to rip my hair out. First it's Lava Plume was boosted by Sunlight and it got a burn on my Mudsdale. Then, immediately after I heal him, it paralyzes with Body Slam:/

Before actually going to Po Town, I went back to the Haina Desert to get Psychium-Z. After spending like 10 minutes in that maze, I finally got the Z-Crystal and gave it to Moon Pancake (Raichu). I have to say, Pancake has offically won the award for using the most Z-Moves out of any of my Pokemon. He's used All-Out Pummeling, Bloom Doom, Catastropika, Gigavolt Havoc, and now Shattered Psychee. And I'm planning on having him use Stoked Sparksurfer later.

Anyway, I finally got to Po Town and battled all of the Skull Grunts outside. Moon Jester had a great time with all of that rain boosting his attacks. I also leveled him up a bit more in Refresh since battles are getting a bit harder for him in his pre-evolved state. I got the Ice Stone from the side of the Shady House and used it to evolve Moon Igloo into Sandslash. And thanks to that, my team is now complete.

Won't be able to do much anymore since college is starting up again, but hopefully I'll be able to make more progress on weekends.

So I realised that if I want to finish the dex, and get more Island Scan pokemon, I'll probably have to at least finish Poni Island, yeah? So I decided to stop levelling Pokemon for evolutions and decided to continue the story. Visited Hapu, who wanted us to go to a place, so we went to the place, and then it turns out Hapu became the new kahuna so we had to beat her up. That was actually a challenging fight. I think she took out like three of my guys. To be fair I was still levelling some Pokemon so my team wasn't exactly the best but still. Then Lillie took up an interest in music so we wandered off to Exeggutor Island where Lillie was apparently surprised to find Exeggutors on (like, really girl? It's in the name, c'mon). We hid in a cave cause Lillie didn't want to get her hair wet or something, and then we found her new musical instrument and buggered off back to the mainland. (Actually, I think I have these events out of order. Oh well~) Anyway, then we headed into the Canyon of DOOM, which was really really long. I decided to bring my Charjabug Waspinator along since my Magneton Bad Compass decided to evolve once we got inside the caves (well, this was after I evolved my Mudbray Stompastomp and I went back to town to switch him out). He got a lot of levelling done, and evolved, so that was cool. Kept him in my party the whole way through mostly because when I went back to town again I sort of forgot that I had gone back to switch him out ^<__<^;; me gud at payin tenshunz

Made my way through the caves while reviewing Japanese vocabulary flash cards (this is probably why I can't remember the exact order of things ww) and I guess eventually made my way to the last trial? At least, I think that was at the end of the caves... anyway. People kept saying that this trial was exactly like Ilima's trial... is it cause they're both in caves? Cause if so that's a really stupid thing to say ^<__<^;; This trial was cake cause I had my Salazzle Rekoff and a Garchomp I'd evolved a million years ago with me so they both made very short work of all the dragons. Rekoff took care of about 4/5 of the totem's HP with Dragon Claw but got taken out by the ally's... uh... whatever it was ^^;; then Garchomp finished off the totem and one-shotted the ally with Draco Meteor. Garchomp is now the proud new owner of the Dragonium Z crystal or whatever its actual name is. After that Hapu showed up with Lillie and we went upstairs and put on a concert~ The rest is behind spoilers cause they're a little more spoilerrific.

So the concert caused Nebby to evolve into Solgaleo, which begs the question of how people used to summon Solgaleo in the past...? *scratches head* Then Nebby-leo took Lillie and I into Ultra Space where we found Guzma hanging out on a rock, chillin with some Nihilego (srsly, for someone who claims to be terrified of those things, he seemed pretty chill sitting on that rock with one chillin right behind him). Then we found Lusamine, who reminded me of why I just wanted to leave her obnoxious ass here. She reminds me of my mother, especially that "You were adorable to me until you stopped listening to me and stopped doing everything I told you to, so now I hate you" part. Fuck you, lady. Can we go back now and leave her here forever? No? Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

So then Lusamine decided to fuse with a jellyfish for reasons. I mean, seriously guys, what was the point of that. It's not like she was fighting us herself. She was still using Pokemon. Considering she's the only person who's had more than like three Pokemon going up against us in the entire game, maybe she needed to fuse with a jellyfish in order to hold five Pokeballs? I don't even...~ Anyway, I was still levelling Waspinator, who I think is lv 44 at the end of all of this mess so I dunno what he was at that point, so he was the first up, against her Clefairy. I quickly switched him out so Bad Compass could take care of this thing with Flash Cannon, but her Clefairy has such high Sp Def or something that it took forever (forever for me is like 3+ turns ww) to die, especially since it kept using the moon healing skill thing that I forget the name of (yes I am terrible with names) so I gave up and just had Bad Compass waste our only Z-move use by using Corkscrew Crash, which still didn't one-shot it but it barely had any health after that and it decided to use Metronome instead of healing, so another Flash Cannon took it out the next round. It managed to get Bad Compass down to 50% HP though so I was kinda worried at this point. This is her first Pokemon and we're already getting our asses kicked? Needless worry though, cause I can't even remember what her other Pokemon were cause we one-shotted them all.

Afterwards, Lusamine threw a temper tantrum, but Nebby-leo shouted her into submission and Captain Jellyfish let go of her head. Then the Nihilego got all crankypants and were shaking the universe, so Nebby-leo got us all out of there, including Guzma, and Hapu was waiting for us on the other side. Hapu and Guzma load Lusamine onto Hapu's horse and leave. Meanwhile, Lillie decides that Nebby-leo would be better off travelling with us instead of her since she's not a trainer (which I think is silly but OK). She was like "GIVE HIM AN EPIC BATTLE TO THRILL HIS HEART" and I was like "... I have this Master Ball?" so that was kind of amusing (I don't even remember where you get the Master Ball from. I vaguely remember someone somewhere giving it to me). I did not, in fact, name him Nebby-leo, which I may remedy in a minute here (named him Solaeon, which was just from being put on the spot). Then Lillie made a whole big deal about saying goodbye, while I'm like "grrrrrrl, we are not dying in the next few seconds. This isn't goodbye forever you know. You can come visit Nebby-leo or I any time you want ^O__o^;; " Then Namu... Nanu... whatever his name is showed up out of nowhere and acts like he's been there the entire time. Since everyone else had apparently left I took him up on his offer to GTFO of there and we end up right outside Tapu Village, so that is where I saved~

^
Actually, Lusamine always had five Pokemon. Misdrevaus evolved to Mismagius, some moves got shuffled, but she basically still has the same team.

Last progress I made was we trekked roughly halfway up Mount Lanakila. I thought the goings so far were too easy for a final dungeon....

Day 5 12/30/16
Went back to Melemele Island to finish searching for hidden items and Zygarde cells/cores. Spent some quality time working on Poke Pelago and leveled Isle Abeens up to Phase 3 already. Got Isle Aplenny up to Phase 2.
Went to the rare fishing spot in Paniola Town and Magikarp called for a Gyarados so I caught it.
Got the crap beat out of me on Rte 8 by both Eileen and her stupid Fearow, and Alexis and her stupid Fairy team. Just narrowly managed to win against both.
Caught & Boxed: Luvdisc, Gyarados, Magby, Dewpider, Paras, Pyukumuku, Cubone, Stufful, Salandit

Day 6 12/31/16
Finally went to meet Mallow for the Lush Jungle trial. A Fomantis jumped out of a tree while I was searching for the ingrediants and killed my poor Breomi. I was so mad I threw out Arcana & had him use Inferno Overdrive. He killed that thing eight ways from Sunday. That having to crush up the ingredients to make the food was interesting enough.
The Totem battle was a nightmare. Cripes that Lurantis, though. It kept using Synthesis. It wiped out half my team and that stinking Trumbeak kept using Rock Blast. It was Ocanato that finally finished Lurantis off. Then Achuri took down that stupid Trumbeak ally. Sheesh. Also, Roccany evolved during the battle, so that was an unexpected and really nice surprise.
Caught & boxed: Comfey, Bonsly, and a Shellder through Poke Pelago.

1/1/17 - 1/4/17
Welp, Xorlan evolved into Snorlax. From what I've read he can't use Pulverizing Pancake until he learns Giga Impact first.
Decided to spend some serious time collecting Pokies I need. Have been traveling back and forth between Melemele & Akala. I like to have each stage of a Poke's evolution in my boxes so I need multiples of some, since some are 2 and 3 stage evolutions.
I've also been preparing for my Grand Trial with Olivia by putting in the following Pokes I had previously caught and battling with them to get them up to speed: Koldu (Psyduck; m)/Olithar (Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl; m)/Areana (Bounsweet evolved into Steenee; f). And I got Hammer leveled up into a Gumshoos. He knows Rock Tomb so hopefully he'll come in handy during the battle.
Have the first 4 Poke Pelago islands all leveled up to Phase 3 now. Abeens, Aplenny, Aphun, & Evelup. Not sure if I care about doing anything with Isle Avue yet. I prefer to raise & hatch my own eggs. And I prefer to hands-on raise my Pokies affection. Will have to think further on this.
Have progressed with PokeFinder thumbs up faves to the point where I now have a wee bit over 80,000.
Caught & boxed: Feebas, Barboach, Alomomola, Staryu, Chinchou, Bagon, Passimian, Pinsir, Tauros, and a Magmar caught during an SOS battle.

Right now I'm finally going to go back to progressing the story line. I have to go through Diglett's tunnel next. I have the above nicknamed Pokies with me in addition to Parmin (who is still a Brionne yet) and Tonishia who has evolved into a Shiinotic.

I remember I did SOMETHING before heading up to the Pokemon League but for the life of me I can't remember what. I guess the rest of this post requires spoiler tags so here we go.

I walked up to the thing and I wasn't expecting to fight anyone until I got to the top, so I had a lv 14 Eevee with me that I wanted to evolve into a Glaceon. Tried to do it down here but it didn't work. Then suddenly here comes Gladion with his overly-dramatic entrance on the lift. Like, really dude... Since I was trying to evolve Glaceon using a rare candy I had saved just prior to this so I reloaded and put Eevee back in the PC (I don't like levelling Eevee-lutions before evolving them). Gladion's party was a cakewalk, and at the end and during his speech afterwards his familial similarity to his mum was super-apparent. I was like, could you please stop smiling like that, it makes me want to throw jellyfish at you. Evil, mind-stealing jellyfish. He then mentions his sister and mum are back at Aether Paradise. Like an idiot I figured I could just visit them later (turns out "later" is when they've already buggered off to Kanto). So did any of you guys bother heading over there at this point? I'm super-curious to know if they say anything interesting.

Anyway, I use the lift, run around a bit to see what new Pokemon were up here, then went into the cave and realised this is where Eevee evolves, so I ran back down to get him, evolved him, put him away, and then moved on through the cave. Caught a few things, although I can only really remember catching the thing that evolves into Weavile (I'm telling you, I am terrible with names). Reached the Pokemon Center, healed up my guys, and totally called Hau appearing out of nowhere to battle me. Another cakewalk. Finally got to the Pokemon League. Now, I have this THING I do that I only save right before taking on the Elite Four, and I don't save again until after the Champion. I like to do them all in one go (I do heal in between battles though). I think this is the first game since like LG that I actually found the Elite Four to be a challenge. They got me to use up 7/10 of the Revives I brought with me! Holy cheesecakes, guys, what the heck. I knew Hala was going to be there but for some reason I thought the others were going to be Kiawe, Mallow, and Lana. Yes I know Kikui specifically said "Kahunas" but I wasn't really thinking about that. Anyway, Hala took out three of my guys. After that I took on Olivia, who also took out three of my guys. Then I skipped Acerola's trial cause I figured it was her and I wanted to leave her for last. I don't remember who I thought was going to be the other Elite Four person but when I got in there I was like, ... who the heck is this? No, seriously, am I forgetting faces now along with names?? Naaaaaaaah, turns out it's just some random chick with a giant ego. At this point I had used six revives so I was kinda worried that I'd actually lose and have to go level my guys some more, but nope, she only took out one of my guys (pretty sure it was Waspinator the Vikavolt since he was like ten levels below everybody else, and he's the only one who had a lightning skill). Anyway, at this point I was starting to wonder if the last Elite Four person was indeed Acerola or if it was another random person who was a Psychic-type user, since the symbol on the door was pink. Nope, it was Acerola~ who was the biggest cakewalk so far (including the battles vs Hau and Gladion). Garchomp literally ate her entire team using Crunch. He's a hungry boy~ er, girl. Sorry ^.__.^;;

After that, I head upstairs and sit in the chair and of course Kukui comes along to challenge me. I was like, who literally died and made you champion that I have to fight you of all people? I just fought a random golfing chick, a captain, and two kahunas, so why am I fighting some random Pokemon Professor?? Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. He didn't take out any of my team so that was really anti-climactic.

My Championship team: Waspinator the Vikavolt, Lucario (acquired as a lv 1 Riolu via GTS, otherwise he'd be nicknamed Banzai), Garchomp (arrived lv 1 via WT, otherwise would be named Chompy), Rekoff the Salazzle, Sela the Primarina, and Zelmira the Ninetails. At this point I've fully evolved all three starters and am unimpressed with all of them except the Popplio line. Rowlet's final form is eh, and Litten's final just looks ridiculous. Plus, when he uses Flamethrower it literally looks like he's pissing fire. The hell?

So like, I literally only got on with the game after landing on Poni because I wanted to finish my dex so I could get the shiny charm, so I was like, great, I beat you people, can I get back to filling my dex in peace? Nnnnnnnoooooooooope. I mean, I didn't mind the festival, but like someone else posted somewhere, we don't even get to save before being tossed into a battle with Tapu Koko who of course ended up going splat and impersonating a pancake cause my team does not know how to pull punches. *sigh* I guess I have to defeat the Elite Four again to get him to reappear? Uuuuggghhhh. I mean, yeah, I have all of the Tapus already (and all of the UBs and legendaries) cause apparently people on GTS REALLY REALLY REALLY want trade-volves like Haunter, Kadabra, and whatever that thing Roggenrola evolves into, but I still wanted to catch my own...

After that, I wake up in my house that STILL HASN'T BEEN UNPACKED. Holy cheeseballs woman, what do you do all day?? I mean, I literally live out of a suitcase when I travel, but we MOVED HERE. Presumably for FOREVER. Gah. Then Hau shows up in a panic. Lillie decides to leave for Kanto forever apparently. Also apparently Hau has a big huge crush on her, which is all sorts of adorable. Ever since she decided to change her look I've been wanting to give her like a lv 1 Pokemon so she could start to be a real trainer and up until the end I was still wishing I could have done that (I think it would've been a nice touch if you could give her a Pokemon~~ I mean, we got to trade Shawna or whatever after becoming Champion in X/Y, and Nebby was kind of hers so why can't we give Lillie a Pokemooooooooooooon *whiiiiiiiiiiiiiine* ). I liked the ending cinematic though. It was cute to see all of the pictures Lillie took during her journey (I know some people were annoyed that the ending cinematic wasn't about them and their party but I liked this one~). I especially got a kick out of the picture of Gladion and Silvally cause it looks like Silvally has decided that Gladion's head looks DELICIOUS and is trying to eat it. :ROFLMAO:

Then some weird old guy shows up and gives me a card so I go to the hotel and Looker is there with some 12-year old who is apparently his boss for reasons. I'm in no real rush to do the UB missions since, like I said, I already have them all, but I will get them eventually. Right now my biggest priority is still TO FINISH THE DEX now that I'm free to run around again. I did head over to Aether Paradise to talk to Wicke, but I made a quick detour and found Gladion, who surprisingly didn't want to fight me again but did give me my own Type: Null. I'm currently levelling Cero the Type: Null and will evolve him at like lv 85 gah. I'm also working on a few other Pokemon evos and going back through catching Pokemon I missed. I'm currently running around the desert on Ula'ula looking for a Sandile, levelling Cero, a Sandygast, a Pikachu named Isla (my original Raichu had rubbish stats so I traded him for something I don't remember, possibly my Riolu?), a Lillipup named Yorknir, and a Diglett named Sassoon (cause Dugtrio hair is FABULOUS~ ^<__<^;; ), with Sela acting as their lv 72 bodyguard. I'll probably name the Sandygast Castellanos or something since it's an actual name and it's similar to "Castillo," the Spanish word for "castle." (plus I used to have a friend who had that as their last name so...)

So did any of you guys bother heading over there at this point? I'm super-curious to know if they say anything interesting.
Not really. An Aether employee guards the entrance to the mansion and won't let you in, saying that Lusamine hasn't recovered yet and both Lillie and Gladion are caring for her.

1/5/17
I forgot to mention in a previous post that Breomi evolved into Ribombee, so that was nice.
So I tripped the Dimensional Research Lab event and read up on all sorts of Sinnoh Confirmed stuff and then went outside and the sky cracked open like an egg and shut again.
Headed through the Diglett tunnel without any trouble except for those losers Team Numskull.
Went to the apparel shop in KoniKoni and changed Haruka's outfit. Got her the red ruffled tank top & black capris. Got her the yellow messenger bag & yellow sporty sneakers and finally got the red hairbow for her. I wish girls would have a fanny pack option instead of just different styles of cross body bags. I think later on I might try to assemble an orange and green outfit to emulate her Emerald look.
Got the Pikanium Z and had my Achuri learn Volt Tackle so he could use it.
Went and ate at Mallow's family's restaurant. They offer meat and fish dishes. Really? Exactly where is this meat and fish coming from, hmmmmm? I got the vegetarian dish 'cause that just weirded me out.
Went to Olivia's shop & got Tirtouga (Cover Fossil) & Cranidos (Skull Fossil). Went to her house and got the note from Probopass to meet her at the Ruins of Life.
Battled my way through Memorial Hill and ran into Faba & an Aether employee. Faba wants me to go in and fight in his stead. Yeah, because I'm an 11 yr old kid and you're just an adult. Jerk. Battled Team Numskull without any problems. And then as if that wasn't bad enough, I had just crossed through the portal to the Ruins when Plumeria, who was apparently stalking me, challenges me to a battle. So I took her down without much trouble.
So met Olivia for battle and, after the nightmare that was Lurantis, I thought Olivia might be harder yet to battle, but nope, wasn't that bad. Her Nosepass spammed Rock Slide against Hammer who kept flinching. Finally got a hit with Rock Tomb against it to slow it down. Hammer finished it off with his Hidden Power move, which is ground type. Against her Boldore I used Koldu. Put Areana in against her midnight form Lycanroc. Had Areana use Teeter Dance against it, and did it 'hurt itself in its confusion'? Heck, no! It used Continental Crush and fainted my poor Areana. So I threw out Parmin and destroyed that Lycanroc in one hit with Hydro Vortex. Parmin leveled up to 28 & learned Sing. So I was happy about that.
So then went to the Hano Grand Resort and totally avoided Faba for the time being. Took up a career as a professional Pyukumuku Chucker. Got 20K for my troubles 1st day on the job. Nice.
Accidentally stepped on a Staryu in the sand, and caught it because wynaut?
Used Catastropika for the first time against one of the swimmers at the resort. That animation is just hilarious.
Caught & boxed: Phantump & Sandygast.

Last edited:
I got the destiny knot and I'm now breeding pokes for bottle capping and the battle tree. I also got a gold bottle cap on Christmas of all days from one of my lotteries.

I've made my way through the rest of Poni Island and got access to the Battle Tree. Finally managed to beat Morimoto at the Game Freak office too for the Oval Charm, he was a tough one. Have done some breeding for Wondertrade and am loving how easy it is now, with being able to box Eggs and the IV judge in the PC.

Now I'm working on completing the Pokédex to get that Shiny Charm, am at 91% now. Managed to catch all the Tapus with the natures I want and am now finally doing the Ultra Beasts mission.

1/6/17
Finally caught 2 Corsolas in the Melemele Sea by Kukui's lab. Got one each in the rare fishing spots. The only Poke I have not yet found is Kangaskhan.
Got the Pokefinder ramped up to Vers 4. Am going to work on getting the final Vers 5.
Battled Lana's sisters and Lana herself. Wasn't too hard to take her pokes down.
Went to see Kiawe and followed him to the Thrifty Mart where I watched the poor soul lose his job. Had switched up my team before taking him on. Wasn't too hard to defeat him either.
So apparently I can't battle Mallow in Sun. So that ticks me off.
Went to the Hano Resort beach again where I hurled some Pyuku's back into the sea.
Finally went into the hotel and got waylaid by Faba. Told him 'No' which ticked him off, but I don't care. Traipsed around the hotel for a bit and talked to everyone. "Saved" the guy who was dressed like a Machamp. This is the second con artist I have run into. The first one was the guy dressed like Hypno in the Thrifty Mart. I had previously gone back to the Hypno dude and spoken to him again, and I spoke again to the Machamp dude as well, just to tick them off.
Skipped out on Faba again and went to see Burnet at the Dimensional Research lab to get the Reveal Glass.
Then went back to Rte 9 to see the police man and get the Focus Band.
Stopped for a bit and did some Wondertrading. And wow, did I get some nice Pokies -- Jangmo-o; Japanese Porygon; German Oranguru; Primeape; Alolan Sandshrew; German Gible; French male Magikarp; and a Chinese Shiny Milotic. If I hadn't been ensconced in my lazyboy chair I think I might have fallen on the floor when that one came through.

So went to the Aether Paradise finally. Wandered around and spoke to worker people. Got told more than once that "staff only" can enter places. Went back to Lusamine & the others and fought the Rock/Poison Ultra Beast thingy. I had already found out that Aether & Team Skull are in cahoots and both evil teams. But that weird smirk Lusamine got on her face when Hau asked her what she said... man she's gonna turn out to be a whack job, I can tell.
Anyway, Wicke shipped me & Hau off to Ula'Ula Island without asking me if I actually wanted to go there at the moment. When we got to Ula'Ula, I got pulled into a battle with Hau and was not able to say "no" so I could go switch out my team first. I had all water & ground types to counter the Rock/Poison beast and had a weak team against Hau. Was not a fun battle. Fortunately I still had Parmin, Hammer, and Tonishia with me so I was able to squeak out a victory against him.
Went to the Pokecenter to heal my team and lol'd at the kid on the left who was amazed that he got a Mewtwo in Wondertrade.
Went back to KoniKoni island because I don't feel like meeting up with the Prof & others just yet.
Did a little more Wondertrading. Got a Japanese Dratini; German Mudbray; Mimkyu; and a Japanese female Magikarp to go with my French male one. Will breed those for a shiny Gyarados when I finally get the Shiny Charm.

Last edited:
So I became Champ this week and I've been catching the heck out of some UBs. I tried to get some of them with decent Natures but hoooooo boy, that is not easy. Xuriktree? I got at least two Jollies and three Adamant for that guy. Kartana? Well, most of those Natures would have been great.... for freaking Xuriktree! I took down Guzzlord multiple times just to find out that it had an awful Nature; I lost count of how many times I reset for that rotund nitwit. Ugh.

I named Guzzlord Unicron. For reasons.

Then I caught Necrozma. Um, the only thing I can say about this guy can be summed up here: The Fallen - Transformers Wiki

Since when did the Fallen end up on Poke Earth?! Well, enough about that. I'm gonna go hunt down the Tapu and then prepare for a new adventure in Moon! Once we get the Pokemon Bank update, that is.

Took a break from completing the Pokédex to take on the Battle Royal and managed to beat the Master Rank in a few hours :D From what I've heard about it I was afraid it was going to take me weeks ^^; I thought it was surprisingly fun despite it being incredibly hard and mostly based on luck.

Now it's time to take on the Battle Tree (+ actually completing that Pokédex so I can go Shiny Hunting)

Still working on my dex. I'm at 92% now. Currently working on evolving a Tsareena (or whatever it's called), a Slowking, a Trapinch through whatever it's last thing is (did I mention I'm bad with names~ cause I'm really bad with names~), a Hypno, and working on Cero my Type: Null as well. Cero's got enough friendship but I guess for some reason I wanted him to have whatever skill it is he gets at 85 even though I like his current skills now... but he's 79 now so I've come too far to quit now! (yes, I'm a lunatic)

Even though I can pretty much acquire whatever I want from the GTS I've been trying to get all of them myself. However, since I'm currently resetting for a shiny starter in Moon I did give up and GTS for the Moon exclusives, and I got tired of trying to get a Razor Claw or whatever from the new dragon-types to evolve Sneasel so I just grabbed one off of GTS too. :\ I feel lazy now.

Also heard about the judge being at the Battle Tree so I made my way through Poni Island all the way to the Battle Tree and kicked Blue's ass, all for the judge to not want to talk to me. ^=__=^;; I thought maybe I had to win a battle at the Battle Tree first but noooooo, after losing to some salaryman I found out on Bulbapedia that I have to hatch a crapton of eggs. So I just hatched a crapton of Snubbull and am about to send them off to new homes via WT. Nicole the fat-faced Persian finally evolved so I took her to see Prof. Oak, and am now the proud owner of a Love Ball that I'm not sure yet what I'm going to use it for. Maybe after I get the shiny charm I'll try Matsuda'ing a shiny Vulpix in a Love Ball.

Gosh, been an entire month since I've posted anything.

In Sun I have been switching between working on the dex, shiny hunting (whether breeding or SOS chaining), or just doing random things and having fun. I have the Dex 75% completed now, so I can get that shiny charm soon, which will make shiny hunting easier (hopefully). In this past month, I have gotten 3 shinies, and I really surprised myself with this, as I have never gotten a shiny I have tried for, before. I got a Shiny Cutiefly/Ribombee named Flutter at 70 encounters. I did a ton of Alolan Vulpix breeding but ended up getting one through SOS chaining at 18 encounters. Her name's Galaxy and I'm going to trade her over to my copy of Pokemon Moon for my second run through of Moon with Rowlet. And my final one I got yesterday was a Shiny Pichu/Raichu. His name is Maple, as in Maple Syrup, becase Alolan Raichu reminds me of Pancakes. I had been hunting for him for a week so I had broke the chain a couple times, but overall I gave him 551 encounters. Debating what I want to hunt next now.

In Moon I have done quite a bit, I think the last time I updated here I had only just gotten to Akala (unless I missed one of the posts). I have made it all the way to Poni where I just beat Kahuna Hapu. She did not give me as much trouble as she did in Sun, but that's probably because I had a better team to handle those ground types. Here is my final team for the game.
Namu (Primarina, F)
Bean (Toucannon, M)
Augustus (Ribombee, M)
Ceasar (Mudbray, M)
Bellatrix (Salazzle, F)
Blanca (Togedemaru, F)

Started up Moon. Took at least ten minutes to come up with a good name for my secondary player character. The starter, on the other hand, was no contest: Quill the Rowlet.

We ignored the first wild Pikipek we ran across and instead caught us a Yungoos, promptly naming him Donnie.

Not quite sure how I want to play this file ... I'm thinking of having either a limited team (2 Pokemon to start, +1 for each island beaten) or a Wonderlocke....

Oh, and meanwhile over in Sun we got a Deino in a Heavy Ball.

Last edited:
Have finally been able to trade a Solgaleo and now the Alola Dex is complete! :D Picked up the Shiny Charm and SOS chained a 4IV Ditto so I can start doing some breeding.

So I decided to hatch a bunch of Vulpix eggs to get the judge to actually talk to me *shakes fist* and then WT'd them away holding Ice Stones. Lucky me, someone sent over a Carvanha during this so I didn't have to go looking for one. I checked my dex for what I was missing, and realised I still needed a Scizor. Looked up where the Metal Coat was, and it's a 5% wild hold item so I immediately threw my hands up into the air, evolved a random WT Abra and threw that up on the GTS for a Scizor, which was traded for in about an hour. Went fishing for and caught a Relicanth, evolved a Tsareena, Honchkrow, Petilil, and Cottonee (and was trying to evolve the last three via levelling like an idiot, and then Serebii informed me that they evolve via stones, which I promptly threw at them and then tossed them back into my PC). Evolved Carvanha, and kept him since he's got like 3 IVs so I'll try to breed for a shiny after I get the Shiny Charm. Almost tore my hair out trying to evolve a Cleffa. I resorted to basically closing my eyes and praying for my sanity while Tauros Charging around and around and around in endless circles around the fountain in front of that one hotel in Akala.

Now I'm just working on Cero the Type: Null (he just hit 83... wait, Heal Block? That's what I've been waiting for?? Why in the name of cheesecakes and misery did I want him to have that?!!? *siiiiigh* what the hell, brain...) and a Vanillish (one more level to go), and levelling a few Pokemon I intend to keep rather than "I just evolved these hastily and crappily for the dex." Cero and the ice cream cone are the last ones I've got to level for the dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom