• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to head to the Alter of the Sunne and warp into Ultra Space during the daytime hours, dangit, because I'm playing the Sun version.
Actually you don't have to worry about that.
If you arrive at the altar at the wrong time of day, Lillie will mention it, then the game will switch to the desired time before events proceed further.

Actually you don't have to worry about that.
If you arrive at the altar at the wrong time of day, Lillie will mention it, then the game will switch to the desired time before events proceed further.

Ah, thanks for that. Unfortunately, I had already waited until the next day so it would be daytime. But this is good info to have for anyone else who is concerned about the timing.

1/27/17
So headed to the Altar of the Sunne. Hapu comes along with Lillie & we climb up the stairs. We took our positions on the little square blocks and somehow we just miraculously knew what melody to play on the flutes. The beams of light started up and wrapped around the monolith and then shot a globe of light down. Nebby was roused from Lillie's backpack and came out and transformed into sun lion. What excitement!!
So we hopped on his back & hitched a ride into Ultra Space. Ran into Guzma along the way. He called us stupid and then told us a lovely story of how he tried to catch one of the Nihilego, but it turned on him & tried to inhabit his body & mind. Or some such. Honestly he was just yammering on at that point.
So we left him, then, & went off to find Lusamine. She is one serious whack job. She went on & on about how she didn't need Lillie or Gladion & she was gonna stay in Ultra Space w/ her beautiful beasts. Whatever.
Then she starts in on me, saying all manner of crap to me & says she's gonna fight me. So, okay, bring it you nutjob. Imma smack you down.
So I toss out Ocanato (Toucannon; m) against her Clefable & take it down w/ Corkscrew Crash. Put Roccany (midday Lycanroc; m) in against Mismagius. Elsanine (Alolan Ninetales; f) against Lilligant. Tonishia (Shiinotic; f) against Milotic. And finally Parmin (Primarina; m) against her Bewear.
Man was Lusamine pissed that I took her down. She's up there bobbin' and weavin' and I thought I was maybe gonna have to fight her, too, even though my guide doesn't say that. But then Lillie yells for help at Solgaleo & he comes in & shoots a sunshiney beam of sunshineyness at Lusamine & Nihilego & they separate & she goes down. Nihilego vanishes. Lusamine is only slightly coherent & she talks to Lillie rather decently for once.
We leave Ultra Space & find Hapu there. She tells Guzma to load Lusamine up on Mudsdale & they'll take her to get help.
So then Lillie goes off on this long spiel about this & that & the other thing & finally I end up facing off against sun lion. I just catch him in my Master Ball & add him to my party. I nicknamed him Galileo after the famous astronomer. So Lillie goes off again, talking to sun lion & chastising him about this & that & whatever, & then she finally leaves. Cripes, I thought she was never gonna shut up.
So after all that, who should appear from seemingly out of nowhere but Nanu. He yammers on a bit about things, & then takes me poste haste to Mt. Lanakila where the Pokémon League has now finished being built.
I make the mistake of stepping forward, instead of turning around & leaving, & Gladion comes down on the lift & challenges me to a battle. So I put Achuri (Alolan Raichu; m) out against his Crobat. Ocanato against Type:Null. Parmin against Weavile. And just to show off, I put in Galileo against his Lucario. After the battle's over, Gladion talks to me some more. And hey, he's actually capable of smiling! Who knew?
He leaves & I continue up the mountain. Didn't go into the PC right away and turned left to have a peak at the path leading to the league building. Hau comes after me at that point & wants to fight as well. So, okay. He's actually a lot tougher this time around. He managed to faint 2 of my Pokies, but I still beat him just the same. Hit the PC after that & healed my Pokes. Went up to the Pokefinder spot to have a look-see & took a picture of a Vanillish.
And that's where I stopped for the day. Will battle the League folks at a later time.

Caught all the Ultra Beasts. Got sick of trying to catch Necrozma; I'll get around to that another time. Not sure what I'll do now. Maybe unlock the Super Battles at the Battle Tree? I couldn't get past ten battles in Singles with my in-game team, so I'll either have to learn how to EV train this gen or transfer a couple pokes over from Y.

I'm playing a second run through of Sun, I'm currently on Poni island and thought I'd have some fun with the Wonder Trade to fill my Pokedex up rather than capturing numerous Pokemon.

I captured a Gumshoos, and nicknamed it "Donald Trump" - well I don't like Donald Trump so I shipped her off through the wonder trade and some poor unsuspecting soul trying to unload their Pyumuku just got a Gumshoos named Donald Trump. I subsequently unloaded the Pyumuku through the Wonder Trade and obtained Carbink. Which I'm trying to use Gen 7 mon only on this run through, but considering I have the Dragon trial coming up, I'll keep the Carbink for that.

I unloaded a Yungoos named just "Donald" and got a Sylveon in return. I'd say i've had a fun time with the Wonder Trade.

I captured a Gumshoos, and nicknamed it "Donald Trump" -
I caught a Gumshoos in my Moon game and nicknamed him "Donnie". It's the most neutral Trump reference I can think of....

[Tuesday edit] Anyway, we failed at attempting to catch a Cyndaquil in a Beast Ball, but at least I reset so we didn't waste the Beast Balls. And we caught Nihilego in just one.

Today, we took the team out and started Luxio hunting. And we caught it in a Beast Ball. On the first throw. YES! I also transferred over a Guts Luxray from my Y save file (originally bred from an Unovan Luxray, Dream Ball and all). Now it's time to experiment!

In the meantime, we started roaming around Alola. Found the Glaceon, Vaporeon, and Umbreon users. Battle the Trainer school principal, and apparently the Battle Buffet trainers got upgraded to postgame levels now.

We got the TM for Fling, but ... okay, that scene was definitely a bit sad.

UB-02 has been sighted but maybe I should prep my team more? I only have two Pokemon level-matched for this point in the game (one of them Nebby), a third that's not quite there (Primarina at just Lv.50), and the other half of my team are more or less trainees. Oh, and since I'm not looking up when Type:Null evolves, I may as well put my Eviolite on him.

Last edited:
1/28/17-1/30/17
The usual leveling up my pokes so I would be ready to meet the Elite 4 & "Chief Enthusiast" on my quest to become Champion. Did some Island Scans. Actually managed to catch a Sliggoo in an SOS battle on Exeggcutor Island; and an Umbreon in an SOS battle with an Eevee. Got my Festival Plaza ranked up to 29. Now have over 600,000 likes for my Pokefinder.

1/31/17
So met Kukui at the end of the path in front of the League doors. He told me a nice story about how he challenged the Indigo League & 'some dragon guy in a cape' shredded his team. Okay.
1st up threw Achuri out against Hala's pokes. Like all of them, since Achuri is part psychic. Got the first hit in against Hariyama, who then uses knock off and whittles Achuri's health down to 10 hit points. Amazingly, Achuri actually hung in there for all 5 of Hala's pokes and knocked them all down. Granted, he used up a lot of hearts from maximum affection, avoiding moves & landing crit hits. But he took Hala's team down all on his own.
2nd up put Tonishia in first against Olivia's Relicanth, which she took out in short order. Then put Parmin in against Lycanroc who used Continental Crush & whittled down a lot of HP for Parmin. Parmin came back, though, with Sparkling Aria & fainted it. Put Tonishia in again against Golem. It used Steamroller against her & got Effect Spore'd & poisoned. It only had a sliver of HP left so the poison fainted it without Tonishia having to do any more to it. Tonishia was less effective against Carbink so I tried Roccany. His Hidden Power move is water. Took forever to take that Carbink down. Left Roccany in for Probopass, who Flash Cannoned him. Poor Roccany fainted. Tossed out Occanato who used Brick Break & fainted it in 2 turns.
3rd up put Tonishia back in against Acerola's Sableye. She fainted it in one hit with Moonblast. Acerola's pokes like to Confuse Ray everything, but mine somehow managed to pull through even so. Put Roccany in against Froslass. It used Blizzard & froze him, then confused him again after I used a tea biscuit to heal him from freezing. He finally got the upper hand with Rock Slide. Left Roccany in against Dhelmise in spite of being weak to it. Managed to take it down with 2 Crunch's. Put Tonishia back in against Pallosand. She Bloom Doomed it. It was a OHKO! And then Elsanine Ice Beamed Drifblim with little trouble.
4th up put Achuri back in against Kahili's Skarmory. Left him in to take care of Crobat, Mandibuzz, Oricorio, & Toucannon. That Stoked Sparksurfer is pretty darn cool.
So then I got to go sit in the big chair. Then Kukui comes in & says he's not just gonna fork it over to me that easily. So I had to battle him, too. Put Parmin in against Lycanroc. Achuri in against Magnezone. Kukui withdrew Magnezone & put in Decidueye. Tossed out Elsanine against it. But Bloom Doom took poor Elsanine down. Had to throw in Occanato to use Beak Blast. Put in Roccany against his Alolan Ninetales. For Snorlax, tossed in Occanato & used All Out Pummeling against it. As I feared, Snorlax's HP was not to be done in so readily. And then Kukui uses a Full Restore so I was back to square one. Occanato managed to beat it down with Brick Break though. So back out comes Achuri against Magnezone, also using Brick Break against it. And finally Elsanine again for Braviary. She took it down with Ice Beam.
So yay, I'm the Champion. Go me.
The Hall of Fame graphics were really nice, I thought. And hey, I got a victory pose! Cool.
So then we all gathered in Iki town for a celebration which was really nice & fun. Lillie dragged me off to the Ruins of Conflict where I confronted Tapu Koko. Parmin came out first but couldn't use Sing due to Electric Terrain. Switched to Roccany. He Rock Slided it, then Crunched it twice. Got its HP down to a sliver. Electric Terrain wore off so back out comes Parmin & Sing. Put it to sleep. Snagged Koko in an Ultra Ball on the 3rd try. Nice.
Back to the Festival we go. Kiawe got some dancing time in which was pretty cool. But then he fell asleep & Lana & Mallow were making fun of him.
So I goes home & spends the night & then I awake the next day to find mom out on the deck. And the moving boxes still haven't been unpacked yet. Geez, mom.
Hau comes running in the house, freaking out about something & drags me down to the marina. My friend Lillie is leaving. Says she's going to Kanto to train & learn how to live on her own & become a strong, confident trainer. You go, girl! I wish you luck. So off she goes. My usually cheery friend Hau isn't so cheery anymore. *pats Hau* Kukui sends us all home after we spend a wee bit of time commiserating.
Finally the ending credits!! The picture I like the most is the one with Gladion & his Type:Null who is no longer confined to that stinking helmet on its head.
So Achuri ended up being the definite MVP of my team for this. Cute li'l Alolan Raichu. *hugs*
So I guess we'll see what else happens from here.

Last edited:
Note to self: if you're going to challenge Mr. Morimoto on Akala Island to a battle, bring your FULL A-team, not just three of them. And make sure you're level matched.

On a side note, Ball and Ability mix & match CONFIRMED; I just hatched a Beast Ball Shinx with Guts (one in each gender, actually).

PS: Aaaaaaaand we just witnessed an Adrenaline Orb epic fail. I was fighting a wild female Granbull, but actually hoping for a male. It called for help once (at about 60% HP) but nobody came. Talonflame burned it with Flame Body, used an Adrenaline Orb, then . . . five turns later it burns to death and without calling for help even ONCE. Seriously?

Last edited:
Decided to test out a newly EV-trained Kartana in the Battle Tree. I already have all the Power items but I didn't end up using them; turns out EV training by Isle Evelup is way more convenient for my schedule. The Kartana sliced and diced its way through 16 battles in Singles before I made a silly mistake and ended the streak. Often it was able to take down three Pokémon on its own. Now to think of good teammates and a nickname for the little guy...

Sun
At 84% on the Pokedex, after being able to transfer some of my old mons from Omega Ruby. I tell you, the GTS stinks. This is my first time ever really using it, and I dislike it so much. Trade evolutions are extremely difficult to find partners for. Anywho, besides those I just have to get a couple friendship evolutions (also a pain in the booty to do) but once I have those done I should be there. Finally the shiny charm!

Moon
I completed my first run through of Moon. Those credits still bring tears to my eyes. I challenged Blue this time around on the battle tree and jeez. His team is a world of hurt. If I had not still had a ton of revives and max revives from when I took on the Elite 4 and champion (which I had an easy time with this time around, probably because a better equipped team for them.), I surely would have lost. I ended that battle with just my Namu standing, and that was after she had been revived, 3 times. Here was my final team
Namu (Primarina, F)
Bean (Toucannon, M)
Augustus (Ribombee, M)
Ceasar (Mudsdale, M)
Bellatrix (Salazzle, F)
Blanca (Togedemaru, F)

Just restarted Moon after transferring my old team through Bank. The final runthrough of the game before I can do any nuzlockes or use older pokemon. I challenged myself to go through the game 3 times with only new Pokemon, and I say, it has helped me find love for many of the Pokemon I didn't care too much for. I'm not very far into it yet, just finished my battle with Ilima in Hau'oli city. This is the game I plan to transfer over my shiny Alolan Vulpix I caught in my copy of Sun, and use her for the latter half of the game (as she's level 31).
I have also decided to finally use a Crabominable and Alolan Persian. Through my run through of Sun I used a Crabrawler up until I got Passimian in Lush Jungle. She helped me out so much, but I really wanted to use Passimian, so I had to box her. I did plan to use her on my last run through of Moon, but every time I checked through berry piles, nothing, then I finally just decided to use Trumbeak. During my first run through of Moon, I had a Alolan Persian as a placeholder up until the third island and while I never used her much to battle, she did take some hits and live through them. I decided I'd actually use her as a team member this time around. This will also be my first time not using an electric type Pokemon on my team. Electric is my favorite type and because of this, I would always use electric types. I have challenged myself not to, this time around. Here's what my team looks like so far.
Alo (Rowlet, M)
Jura (Meowth, F)

So I got my Pokefinder ranked up to a little over 1 million likes. I'm going for that mythical version 5 to see what all the fuss is about.

I've been going through the checklist in my strategy guide and doing some of the events it has listed. I found all the Eevee trainers and beat all of them and got the Eevium Z crystal.

I went and battled all the Tapus and caught them. Honestly, they weren't that hard for me to catch. I had Arkam (Alolan Marowak with False Swipe) and Xorlan (Snorlax with Hold Back) and then Tonishia (Shiinotic with Spore) and Parmin (Primarina with Sing) with me so I was pretty much good to go. Especially with Arkam because normal/fighting type moves can't touch him which is an added bonus of using him. Threw less than 10 Ultra or Luxury balls at Lele & Fini. Bulu was more stubborn and went through about 12-15 Ultra/Luxury balls before it stayed caught.

Went into the reverse world and picked up Cosmog. Went to see Gladion at Aether Paradise and he gave me a Type:Null. Battled with it enough and got enough Lomi Lomi massages and it leveled up into Silvally. I gave it the totally original name of Silver. Yes, I did.

Went and explored the east coast of Poni island and fought all the trainers and got all items. Managed to catch a Dratini in Poni Meadow.

Got into an SOS battle with a Riolu and actually snagged a Lucario. I battled the stinkin' thing for an hour and a half and was *this*close* to calling it quits when Lucario finally dropped down. I went up to Mt. Lanakila and got into an SOS battle with an Alolan Vulpix and Vanillish showed up so I got that as well. I also went back to Haina desert and used my Pelipper with Drizzle (and also taught it Rain Dance & had it holding a Damp Rock) and got into an SOS battle with a Sandile. Didn't take long at all for a Castform to show up. So I snagged one of them, too, so that was nice. I started using the Adrenaline Orbs so I guess they're working out okay for me.

I've been trying to contribute to the GTS trade mission going on in the Festival Plaza and I know we've made it past the goal, but still, I managed to trade all of about 17 Pokes so far.

I tell you, the GTS stinks. This is my first time ever really using it, and I dislike it so much. Trade evolutions are extremely difficult to find partners for.
The GTS is a freaking dumpster fire. I swear I didn't have this much trouble in my ORuby game & I was trading for the entire National Dex! I'm not giving away my Sun Lion, or my Tapus, or my precious Silver just to acquire a Bulbasaur from someone. That's some serious Tauros crap right there.

~~~~~~
So I think I'm finally ready to embark on the Looker quest and go round up all the Ultra Beasts which honestly I could not care less about. But catch them I will & slap them in a box never to be used.

So I think I'm finally ready to embark on the Looker quest and go round up all the Ultra Beasts which honestly I could not care less about. But catch them I will & slap them in a box never to be used.
If you want to be crazy, try catching normal Pokemon in Beast Balls. 0.1x ball power!

In my Moon playthrough ...

We beat Totem Raticate. Seriously, why did they have to use Raticate here; it should have been Yungoos and Gumshoos in both versions. But it didn't matter -- I only took three Pokemon in (Rowlet, Yungoos, and Meowth); no Fighting types, nobody that can learn any Fighting-type moves. So we had to actually put in some work here, and it felt rewarding.

The Looker Episode Part One (dun, dun, dunnnnnnn....)

So went to the motel on Rt 8 after receiving the message from the mysterious man outside my house. Anabel & Looker want me to join their team and round up the ultra beasts that are roaming around Alola that never made it back into Ultra Space. Anabel wants to battle me first to make sure I'm up to the task.
*Looks at level of Pokes* *Decides to take a few days to level grind*
So I head back to Rt 8 motel and battle Anabel. Even after leveling my Pokes up she was still a real challenge to beat. Fainted 3 of my Pokes. Managed to beat her in the end though. Her Snorlax was a pain using Yawn.

Nihilego -- So the first one I'm to go after is Nihilego. I find it at Wela Volcano Park. Accidentally fainted it the 1st time & had to reset. Used Parmin with Sing/Sparkling Aria and Tonishia with Spore/Giga Drain to double-team it. Caught it with the first Beast Ball I threw.

Buzzwole -- So after meeting with them again, I got sent to Melemele Meadow to catch 2 Buzzwoles. Again, my darling Pokes don't know their own strength & fainted it the 1st time out. Had to reset. Used Arkam with Leer/Flamethrower, Occanato with Steel Wing, and Parmin with Sing to get it under control. Caught each one with not too much trouble.

Xurkitree -- So meets them again at the motel and Mina is there. She's got news of the next Beast and she was told by the higher ups to battle me to make sure I'm still capable of handling things. So, okay, I swept through her team w/o much trouble. This time I'm being sent to the Lush Jungle. I take Silver out and give it the Ground Memory because Looker says Xurkitree's an electric type. What a friggin' aggravating battle. Thing kept using Electric Terrain/Discharge. And it freaking knows Power Whip so it fainted Silver a few times during the course of the battle. Beast Boost is also a pain is the @$$. I had wanted to use Tonishia's Spore to put it to sleep to make it easier to catch. But, nope. Not with Electric Terrain on the field. I was forced to run a defensive game against it using Arkam because Arkam's ability is Lightening Rod, & Discharge wouldn't hit it. Stalled it out until it used up every move except for Hypnosis. Then I was finally able to get a Spore hit in on it and catch it.
Left Lush Jungle & made a supply run to get more restoratives cause I knew then what I would be in for when I went to catch the second one. Repeat of the first battle pretty much. Only used Arkam & Tonishia against the 2nd one cause of Arkam's Lightening Rod ability. Stalled it out till every one of it's moves was gone except Hypnosis. Caught it well enough.

Also, Anabel is acting really weird. Is there a chance she was maybe 'infected' and we don't realize it?
Hmmmmm......
~~~~~~~~~
If you want to be crazy, try catching normal Pokemon in Beast Balls. 0.1x ball power!
After battling Necrozma I've only got 9 Beast Balls left. :cry::cry:

Some of the randomly generated comments you get when taking pictures with the pokefinder are hilarious. I just took a picture of a butterfree and one of the comments said the picture was too bright. I took the picture at night. -_-

Last edited:
Last night we caught a wild Rufflet with Hustle (hidden ability) in a Beast Ball.

Wow, did that take forever....

Maybe we should try a Lure Ball next. Simply because it's red, white, and blue.

I unlocked Super Singles, Doubles, and Multi battles in the Battle Tree using the aforementioned Kartana and an EV-trained Azumarill. They were fun to play with, but I'll probably use a QR team for the upcoming Global Mission. I also transferred over a ton of 5 IV Marill from Y with Power-Up Punch, Belly Drum, and Aqua Jet and Wonder Traded them.

We now have our HA Rufflet in a red-white-and-blue Lure Ball. It was still a grind, but at least we were able to put it to sleep this time for an almost guaranteed catch (which happened to also be critical, but oh well).

The Looker Episode Part Two

After catching the 2 Xurkitrees I head back to Rte 8 to meet Looker. He says they're regrouping at the motel on Rte 13 so I head there. That's the hotel where the abandoned Stuffel is. I thought someone would make mention of this but, nope, the Stuffel is no longer there and nobody says anything about it. So...where is the Stuffel? What the heck did you guys do with the Stuffel??

Kartana -- Anyway, I'm supposed to go to Malie Garden to catch the next beast. There are 4 of them. I can just imagine how this is going to go.... So the battle is extremely frustrating which is an understatement. Actually, it's more of a nightmare. Kartana kept spamming Leaf Blade & X-Scissor. If it didn't know X-Scissor, I could have successfully (maybe) walled it with Tonishi & Areana. But, nope. Thing kept killing my entire team. And using Tonishia's Spore move is a no-go so that's not doing me any good at all. I actually turned my game off & reset it. Went back to the PokeCenter & reworked my entire team. Put in the Togekiss I caught with Island Scan, and Arcana because they both know Extreme Speed which are priority moves, & am hoping to get a first hit in against Kartana with them. Also, Arcana's ability is Intimidate & his Hidden Power move is ice type. Put in Galileo. Still have Arkam & Ocanato with me. Boxed Parmin because I am not letting that thing near him. I also still have Xorlan on the team.
Back to Malie Garden I go. In spite of the changes I made this thing is still a nightmare to battle. Had to keep using restoratives & with Tonishia & Parmin out I can't put it to sleep to catch it. I use Galileo as a wall to run its moves out. Use Arkam & Xorlan to whittle it's health down & catch it. Dear Arceus, I have to do this 3 more freaking times with the other 3. Rinse, lather, repeat. Did catch all 4 of them, though. Thank heavens that's over. Sheesh.....

Go back to regroup with the others & am told to meet at the floating restaurant. There's some hush hush stuff going on now. Turns out Looker sent Anabel off in the wrong direction to get her away from the beasts. Nanu & Looker tell a tale of Anabel being a 'Faller' which is why the beasts are attracted to her. Turns out I'm a Faller, too. So Anabel isn't infected, at least, so that's a relief. Nanu says he wants to battle me to make sure I can handle catching Guzzlord. Okay. I beat him well enough. So now it's off to Resolution Cave.

Guzzlord -- After battling all those Kartanas, Guzzlord wasn't nearly as hard to catch as I was afraid it would be. I pulled Breomi out & put her on the team, even though I had no idea of Guzzlord's typing. Used Breomi's Pollen Puff to do some good damage right out of the gate before it fainted her. Tried Parmin & Sing but didn't work & Parmin got fainted, too. Threw out Tonishi & Ocanato as walls till I could heal Parmin up. Managed to get in a Sing against it & caught it on the 2nd try.

Head back to the floating restaurant. Apparently we're finished now. There are no more Ultra Beasts. But am told we are heading to Aether Paradise to have a last talk with Wicke & to thank her. So off to Aether I go. We all have a nice conversation & then Looker bursts in and says there's a black beast soaring around & it's reflecting the sunlight shining on it. He's all hyper right now. Am told there is no more news of beasts from HQ so it can't be one & they don't know what it might be. Everybody is going their separate ways now for some respite from the beast hunting. Looker heads back to the motel on Rte 2 and we're apparently done.

Necrozma -- I looked up Necrozma's typing & location & that was it. I felt I didn't really need any more information about it at the time. This would come back to bite me at the end. So I put in Silver because he knows X-Scissor and would do some good damage against Necrozma at the outset. And yes, he did. He fainted it in one hit. Thanks a lot, Silver. *sigh* Reset game & tried again. Decided to put Breomi in and use Pollen Puff. She's a tiny thing. Can't do overwhelmimg damage or anything, right? Nope. She wanted to be praised so instead of a normal hit she critical hit it & fainted it in one go.
*screams* *resets game again*
So I'm just gonna use Xorlan & Arkam against it and walk the long road of False Swiping & Hold Backing it. So I got it whittled down & out I throw Parmin to use Sing. Freaking thing won't stay in the Beast Ball. And it faints Parmin with Prismatic Laser. So back I go to Xorlan to use as a wall while I heal Parmin. Xorlan gets fainted with Prismatic Laser. So out comes Arkam. Same thing. Put Parmin back in. Fortunately by this time Prismatic Laser was out of moves. So I keep using Sing & it keeps not staying in the ball. Dragged out to infinity & beyond. I had 38 Beast Balls when I started. When it finally decided to stay put, I had 9 left. I was so angry.
After catching it, I read the Dex entry. Dex says it is actually NOT an Ultra Beast, it's just a plain old legendary. Now I'm really freaking mad. I wasted all my Beast Balls on this thing & it's not a beast?? Welp, that's what I get for not reading all the information about it. And at this point I'm beyond caring. I'm not going back & battling that thing again, so it's just going to have to stay in the Beast Ball.

I head back to see Looker at the motel. I want to tell him that I caught the damn thing. So I pulled it out of the box & put it at the head of my party. I clicked on "I've Completed The Mission". Looker actually acknowledges its Dex entry and chats to me about it for a bit. And then that's it. I am finally done with this whole event.

I won a Master Ball at the Loto-ID! First time that's happened to me in any game. I also achieved Master Rank in the Battle Royal and unlocked the Idol battle style. It's so ridiculous, I absolutely love it!

Right now I'm not doing much, just training a Garchomp for the Battle Tree.

Random Loose Ends

I've gone back to defend my title 4 times now. I've run into Hau twice, Molayne once & Plumeria once. Hau was actually pretty tough the first time I faced him. His Raichu knows Focus Blast now which was an unexpected pain. He fainted my Achuri in one hit. I successfully defended my title for those four times. I have to wonder what would happen if I lost. Do I get kicked out? Anyway, having to go through the Elite 4 every freaking time I want to sit in my chair & receive a challenger is a pain in the backside. I refuse to believe that every time Lance, Steven/Wallace, Cynthia, Iris, Diantha go to the League in the morning, they have to battle through their Elite 4 members just so they can sit in their chair. bah.....

Battling the Battle Queen at the Battle Buffet was really annoying. I only wanted to go there to continue leveling up some of my other Pokes because of the fact that there's no trainer rematches to be had. I finally bested her after, like, the sixth time or something and got rid of her. Another thing that ticks me off is the fact that you can only go eat there once a day. So if I want to level up some of my other Pokes, I just have to go to Poni Grove & fight the wild Pokes there.

I got the PokeFinder ranked up to 1,5000.000 and got the 'mythical' version 5. Wow! What an awesome upgrade! When you push the little tweeter button to call a Poke, they turn their head towards you. Yeah, they don't come up to you so you can interact with them or anything before they run off. Nope. They just turn their heads to look at you. So basically I've wasted hours of my life ramping this thing up to version 5 for no reason. Colossal waste of hours of my time that I will never get back. Suffice to say I have not touched this stupid function since discovering that it literally does nothing special at all for you.

I currently have my Festival Plaza ranked up to level 71. I'm competing in the Battle Tree Global Mission. So far I've managed to contribute a whopping 11 battle points to the mission. Honestly, the strategy guide tells you that you should make a 'triangle' of pokes that match/oppose each other. (or whatever the terminology is supposed to be....) So the first time I went to the Battle Tree, I took Water, Fire, Grass and got my @$$ handed to me. So I went back to the PC, made a different 'triangle' of Rock, Flying, Grass. Again, got my backend handed to me. So screw you, strategy guide. I pulled out Breomi (bug), Xorlan (normal), and Silver (Silvally - ground). These 3 typings don't go together at all in any way, shape, or form. And so of course, I won 6 battles in a row the first time out. The 2nd time I went I won 4 battles in a row. Today I opted to try to switch things up and I took Mokomo (dragon/fighting), Ocanato (flying), and Arcana (fire). I only managed to win once, but at least I got one win in. I might try to fiddle with different typings that don't make a triangle or I might just stick with Breomi, Xorlan, & Silver.

I've also tried my hand at the Battle Royal. Ditto same as what happened at the Battle Tree when I took in Pokes that made a 'triangle'. I have yet to go back to try it again. Might go back with Breomi, Xorlan, & Silver. Or I might not. eh....

I got into an SOS battle with a Poliwag one evening because I really wanted to try & catch a Politoed. Ninety freaking minutes of my life I will never get back that I could have been doing something else. No Politoed to be had. I tried sticking with just Poliwags. Then tried battling for a while against a Poliwhirl. Didn't work. So I went back to just a Poliwag again. Nope. No Politoed for me! I hate this mechanic with a passion. In spite of this, I really would like to try again to catch a Politoed, so I know I'm gonna go revisit Malie Garden at some point.

Something I have refrained from mentioning in all my previous posts -- I have caught 4 shinies so far. I have not completed all 4 Dexes yet. I have no Shiny Charm. And yet.... I caught a green Pelipper in the grass at Tapu Village. I caught -- literally within 5 minutes of each other -- a red Diglett, and a green Zubat in Ten Carat Hill. And finally a yellow Cottonee in Poni Grove. I got into a Records Battle just today with an NPC in my Festival Plaza and one of the choices was 'how many wild Pokémon you've caught'. So I picked that one. According to the records, I've caught 3,299. That's not the one in 4000+ that is supposed to be the 'standard' odds as it were. That's one in plus/minus 825 or so. So, basically, shinies are hurling themselves at me for some inexplicable reason. *shrugs*

And that's pretty much it for my own particular playthrough experience. The only thing that is really keeping me playing the game anymore at this point is the Festival Plaza. I would like to get the last 29 levels in and get it ranked up to 100. After, that, there really isn't anything else that interests me enough to cause me to continue putzing around in Alola. I probably will go back to Hoenn then. ~finis~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom