• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have time to start playing again now that its Spring Break :) So from where we last left off, I'd beat Guzma and was preparing to taking on Lusamine. Spoilers for length.

Only Moon Ruffian Midnight Lycanroc) was alive from the last battle. Luckily I had enough items to heal everyone, but I was main concerned about what I'd have left over for during the battle.

Like an idiot, I forgot to switch around who was first in the party before staring the battle.Luckily Moon Igloo (Sandslash) was first and was sent out against Clefable. This is the first time was the first time I'd ever had anything that could cover this thing. 2 Iron Heads and a Poison Jab took it out. Fortunately Metronome only used Wonder Room and it only used Moonblast afterwards, so we came out pretty well.

Moon Leader (Passimian) was sent out to handle Bewear since for some stupid reason I thought he'd be able to do a decent amount of damage. I got off a Brick Break which barely did half, and then got one shot by Take Down. Yeah I know it has Fluffy, but I just thought I could get it to at least half health.

Then I sent out Moon Pancake (Raichu) who should have been sent out first, but Psychic didn't even do enough to kill. He got taken down by Take Down as well, but luckily the recoil KO'd Bewear.

I had no idea who'd be next so I sent out Moon Jester (Popplio). Lusamine sent out Lilligant. Oddly enough it went for Teeter Dance first instead of just going for the kill. I got off a Moon Blast and lowered its Special Attack.Jester toughed out the Petal Dance and got off a Hyper Voice before going down.

Igloo nearly Ko'd Lilligant with Icicle Spear, but it only hit 2 times. Then the troll used Stun Spore, but Igloo manged to break through confusion (it started with Teeter Dance again) and paralysis to finish it with Poison Jab.

Ruffian was sent out to use Black Hole Eclipse on Mismagius. KO'd it in one hit. I'm so glad I gave him the Darkinium-Z over the Rockium-Z.

Milotic was last so naturally I left out Ruffian as a sacrifice. Luckily the first Hydro Pump missed so he got off a Rock Slide.
I sent out Moon Mudwall to see if he could do anything, but he got one shot. Should have used that time to heal up Pancake, but whatever.
For whatever reason Lusamine had her Milotic use Flail and Safeguard instead of just KOing Igloo, so yay. I was able to heal Pancake.
But Milotic was faster and he got one shot. WTH, I thought Milotic was slow and Raichu was fast.

Then I started to freak out and lose my mind.......but apparently even if you lose here the story just goes on anyway. I totally never knew that.I was so pissed and thought that I'd had to restart this battle, but I guess not. Well now I'm upset. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have wasted my revives and potions before the match :/ I even lost here in Sun and restarted because I didn't know that the results didn't matter.

Anyway, I headed off to Poni, which looks quite fabulous at night. I flew to Melemele just to change my clothes back into my Argyle Tee and Fruit shorts and FINALLY put on my purple sporty backpack And like an idiot I forgot to go to the Pokemon Center first so I could have a place to fly back to. So had to go back to Aether Paradise so I could sail back to Seafolk Village. So now I'm probably going to do some grinding before getting to Hapu since we're underlevled as hell.

Because of the merging of the Sun/Moon section with the Pokémon Video Games section, this thread has been merged with the "[SPOILERS] Official Bulbagarden Pokemon Sun and Moon Travelog Thread".

So Travelogs/Let's Plays of all Pokémon games go here now :)

After like a bazillion hours of searching I finally acquired a Jynx in Japanese Blue. Now I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next ww. I spent so long in those caves that I completely lost my place and possibly also my mind. I'll probably stick around the caves some more just to level some pokemon in order to evo them for my "I want to complete the dex in all games (minus S/G/C since I don't have those)" project.

Still blundering through B2 with no purpose or sense of direction. Hit a literal stone wall with Clay or whatever. Tried him three times and he wiped my entire party three times. I've been so anti-grind this game that I just really had no chance. In fact, it was his Drillburr or whatever, his second pokemon, that wiped my entire party, so I don't even know what his third guy is. I was trying to get through with just King Sloth the Slowpoke and Hime the Sewaddle but the first time against Clay quickly convinced me otherwise. I added Natalie the Foongus to my party to no avail. After the third loss I brought Yahiko the Oshawott out of retirement (lv 15) and am trying to acquire a Marill outside of town while levelling Yahiko. I might just have to level this Staryu I got from Dream Radar too even though I might be trading it to someone on the boards soonish.

My Moon game got sent on an international journey to my friend in Mie, Japan so he could pick me up a shiny Tapu Koko (and his girlfriend was nice enough to take it to the PokeSen near her job to get me one of the Easter eggs), so I've not really made any progress there.

As for Sun, I'm just randomly hatching random stuff to try to Masuda my way into 5-6IV shinies. So far my efforts have only netted me a shiny (I think 5IV) Mareanie ironically nicknamed Coral. I did get a 6IV Salandit out of it, and a 5IV Stufful but those take forever to get eggs, so I'm working on getting a 6IV Bounsweet (have a 5IV atm) and then Masuda'ing for a shiny. From what I recall, my Moon char just got to the second island so it's not too late to send Coral and whatever other shinies I end up with over to be her party going forward.

This happened a while ago, but obviously I couldn't double post so here is where I left off on Moon. Spoilers for length.

First, I got the Alola Raichuium-Z in Seafolk Village. I can't give it to Moon Pancake yet since he does't have Thunderbolt, but hopefully I'll get to that at some point.

Anyway, after tons of grinding, I finally got the courage to challenge Hapu. I was nervous since I was still pretty underlevled. I think I was in the 45 range to her 48, but I like a challenge. And after 2 defeats, I finally managed to beat her :p. I'll just go into the main battle since that's all that mattered.

I started with Moon Mudwall (Mudsdale) against her Dugtrio. I started with Iron Defense since I knew it would be a pysical attacker and wanted some extra boosts with my Stamina. The first Highhorse Power missed unfortunately, but thanks to the defense boosts, I wasn't in much danger. The second on managed to hit and KO the Dugtrio.

Next was Moon Pancake (Raichu) vs. her Gastrodon. I decided to take a risk and use Nasty Plot. Luckily Mud Bomb wasn't enough to take Pancake out. Unfortunately, Psychic didn't kill and the second Mud Bomb KO'd Pancake.

So then I sent out Moon Leader (Passimian) to finish off Gastrodon. Somehow to my complete surprise, Close Combat was not enough to kill. But Leader managed to avoid the Muddy Water, thank goodness. Also to my surprise, Hapu didn't heal, Gastrodon, so a second Close Combat easily KO.'d it.

Now came her ace, Mudsdale. After the two previous losses, I developed a plan to handle this guy. I equipped Moon Ruffian (Midnight Lycanroc) with a Focus Sash, taking away his Darkinium-Z. It wouldn't have mattered what she did, but I thought it was totally perfect that she decided to go all out and have Mudsdale use Tectonic Rage. And of course, Counter KO'd it instantly.

Last was Flygon. And again, previous losses allowed me to formulate a plan for this one as well. I sent out Moon Leader knowing he could handle one Earth Power and used All Out Pummeling. I had only used it on Flygon with half heath before, so I was surprised to see it 1HKO. That was easy :p

So I got my reward Groundium-Z and gave it to Mudwall. I also noticed that the Focus Sash vanished after the battle. I had no idea that was a thing, as I swore I used to use that thing multiple times in the past, but maybe I'm mistaken. :confused: Regardless, I'm happy that I managed to survive that battle and with so few issues. The again, losing multiple times will help you with that ;)

Lastly, I went through Vast Poni Canyon and took out every trainer. Hopefully soon I'll get to write about my battle against Kommo-O.

Finally reached Festival Plaza rank 100. Been doing some Wonder Trading in my spare time and got a ton of nice breedjects. I'm going to try MM-ing a Bagon once I complete my dex and get the Shiny Charm.

Also aiming for a streak of 50 in each Battle Tree mode once I'm done with school. I got to 46 in Super Singles using Garchomp, Kartana, and Azumarill, but it took a lot of luck to get there and I plan on trying again with a modified team. Those three HATED burns and and the first two can't handle Ice-type attacks at all (I had so many close calls with Blizzard). I did make it to 50 in Super Multi using Mega Kanga and Landorus-T from a random QR team + Wally's Mega Gallade and Magnezone (the one with Charge Beam), but I want to try again with my own 'mons. Think I'll focus on Singles and Doubles first, though.

Should have posted this forever ago, but college. Spoilers for length.

After beating Hapu, I continued on to battle Totem Kommo-o. But before that I made some changes to 2 of my team's moves and items. First I decided that Moon Mudwall (Mudsdale) needed a new move. Double Kick was too weak at that point and no longer necessary. And I decided to keep High Horsepower over learning Earthquake since I have this big thing about Pokemon keeping their 'signature moves'. So after a quick visit to the Seafolk Village Pokemart, I replaced Double Kick with Giga Impact, a perfectly suitable move for Mudwall :) Also, knowing the battle that was up ahead, I gave Moon Jester (Popplio) the Fairum-Z, swapping out his Waterium-Z.

And so, the battle began. I started with Moon Mudwall, hoping for him to make quick work of Hakamo-o and get a bit of damage on Totem Kommo-o. Well, only half of that plan worked. Giga Impact OHKO'd Hakamo-o, but Totem Kommo-o one shot Mudwall with Clanging Scales on the second turn. Then I sent out Moon Leader (Passimian) to try to do some major damage with Close Combat. He successfully halved the totem's health before falling to Clanging Scales. As expected, Kommo-o then called up Scizor. Moon Pancake (Raichu) did a helluva job on Scizor with just one Volt Switch, nearly taking it out. I switched out into Moon Igloo (Sandslash) who survived Clanging Scales from Kommo-o on the next turn but fell to Scizor.

I send out Pancake to finish off Scizor, who was then taken out by Kommo-o. I send out Moon Ruffian (Lycanroc) as a sacrifice so I could heal up Pancake. Now, I had a risky plan, but basically I wanted Moon Jester to be the one to take out the totem here. I used him to beat the Totem Raticate, and I wanted him to bring our Island Challenge full circle and beat Totem Kommo-o. So I had Pancake use Thunder Wave and I hoped it would become slow enough for Jester to out speed. And he wasn't, since I forgot how truly garbage Popplio's speed is. Luckily (and I mean luckily) Paralysis stopped Kommo-o from attacking and Jester was able to destroy that thing with Twinkle Tackle. And then the Dragonium-Z was mine and I cleared my last trial in Moon.

I probably won't be able to come back to this soon, because college, but hopefully I can continue over summer break.

I've had a hankering for another serious playthrough of the Gen 2 remakes (by serious I mean I'm not going to speed through it or use 2 or 3 high level Pokemon from another game to finish it). It will be my first thorough playthrough of these games since 2010. I've got my team planned out and I'm looking forward to it. The game I've chosen to play is SoulSilver and my starter is Chikorita.

I'm just about to enter Violet City. For the first time ever in a Johto game, I lost to my rival in our first meeting. He landed a critical hit.

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 10 Obtained: 1
Time - 1:19
Money - 2,876
Badges - None

Chico ♂, lvl 8

I caught a Hoothoot (nicknamed Hedwig) and swept through Sprout Tower with her. I was hoping she would bring me swift victory against Falkner, but I underestimated his Pidgeotto. My first two times against him I sent Chico out first to faint his Pidgey, and to poison the Pidgeotto. I wasn't expecting Roost. So I switched up my strategy sending out Hedwig first, then switching and poisoning the second bird. It also helped I got a Sitrus berry from Wade on Route 32.

After winning I traded a Bellsprout for the Onix (nicknamed Rocky) in town. I probably should have gotten him to beat Falkner.

After dealing with Team Rocket in Azalea Town I captured a Slowpoke that took me 15 minutes to find. I'll eventually use it to headbutt some trees to get another team member.

The gym was a breeze with Rocky and Hedwig, and Rocky leveled up twice after fainting Bugsy's Scyther which was a nice surprise. They also made short work of my rival. Looks like they're starting to become nice additions.

I'm in Ilex Forest just about to find a Pokemon that can learn Cut.

Oh, I also hatched Togepi.

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 37 Obtained: 6
Time - 5:40
Money - 7,611
Badges - 2

Chico ♂, lvl 14 Hedwig ♀, lvl 15 Rocky ♂, lvl 17

After going through Ilex Forest and Route 34 I explored all of Goldenrod City, and tried my hand at some Voltorb Flip. I have terrible luck.

While at the Gym, Chico evolved! Whitney was tougher than I expected, both Chico and Rocky were hit with Attract, but we managed to pull through.

I caught my next team member, Yanma (nicknamed Megan) on Route 35 and I'm just getting her up to par with the rest of my team. As much as I have never liked Sonic Boom, I never knew it always took 20 HP. It's actually proved quite handy so far.

I checked the Pokeathlon Dome, but didn't participate. I'll probably go back after I finish the game.

Hedwig evolved at the National Park and learned Confusion (perfect for Morty).

I caught Sudowoodo and just made it to Ecruteak.

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 72 Obtained: 13
Time - 10:32
Money - 16,878
Badges - 3

Chico ♂, lvl 21 Hedwig ♀, lvl 21 Rocky ♂, lvl 21 Megan ♀, lvl 16

Hedwig and Megan proved useful against Morty. Usually he's one the tougher Gym Leaders I deal with.

I went to the Moomoo Farm, and almost ran out of Oran Berries before realizing the Miltank needed seven. Right now I'm growing more of them.

Routes 38, 39, the Lighthouse, and Routes 40 and 41 were pretty standard fare when it came to battling. After getting Chico to a decent level for Chuck, I went back to Ecruteak and caught my next team member - Poliwag. I nicknamed him Satoshi, and he was level 25 when I found him so I didn't need to give him experience before facing the Cianwood Gym.

Chuck was surprisingly difficult. I never had this much trouble against him before. I had Megan out first, but she was hit by Rock Slide on the first turn. Then I sent out Chico and used Reflect to help Hedwig. That didn't work all too well, so it was Chico who took most of Primape's attacks. Then Chuck used a Hyper Potion. Through many Potions I used to stall the inevitable, Primeape eventually fell from Poisoning.

Poliwrath started easier. But he used his Sitrus Berry. Hedwig luckily hit Hypnosis, who was previously paralyzed by Body Slam (which took several turns to heal her). Then Chuck used another Hyper Potion. At this point i didn't think I'd win. Hedwig was fainted, then Chico, then Rocky. Satoshi was all that was left. I kept hitting Body Slam which paralyzed Poliwrath while he kept using Focus Punch. Then he used Hypnosis. I knew Satoshi wouldn't survive the next attack, so I revived Megan and she ended the battle.

I gave the medicine to Jasmine, and now the Safari Zone has opened. So next I'm going to raise my Pokemon some more, and evolve Satoshi before I face Jasmine.

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 104 Obtained: 15
Time - 14:45
Money - 33,556
Badges - 5

Chico ♂, lvl 29 Hedwig ♀, lvl 29 Rocky ♂, lvl 26
Megan ♀, lvl 26 Satoshi ♂, lvl 25

Satoshi evolved! And he took care of Steelix. Despite being under leveled, that battle wasn't as hard as Chuck.

Next I went to Mt. Mortar (so many Goldeen) and explored as much as I could. I found Entei on the water of Route 42, I did not not know they could do that. Couldn't catch it, though. Before I took on Route 43 and the Lake, I caught my final team member - Aipom (nicknamed Jake). I wanted to catch one on Route 44, but I would have had to go through all of Team Rocket. That's a lot of experience that wouldn't have gone to him.

I caught the Red Gyarados and blasted my way through the Rocket HQ, with all of my party gaining much needed levels. I managed to catch all 3 Electrode. Now I'm debating if I should face Pryce, or grind a bit.

Fun little note of something I've never seen before: at the start of a new day, Apricorn trees sparkle when they replenish.

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 128 Obtained: 21
Time - 19:11
Money - 22,000
Badges - 6

Chico ♂, lvl 30 Hedwig ♀, lvl 30 Rocky ♂, lvl 29
Megan ♀, lvl 28 Satoshi ♂, lvl 30 Jake ♂, lvl 29

Continued Below

Last edited:
Continued in a new post due to image limit.

I decided to go battle Pryce, and that Dewgong. I ended up stalling it with Satoshi.

Most of my time was spent finishing off Team Rocket, got some much needed exp. but so many poisoned and paralyzed Pokemon, I probably went through a dozen or so Full Heals. Beating Archer helped Chico evolve!

Both Megan and Jake evolved on Route 44!

Then came Clair and her minions. My team was almost too under leveled. I lost to her the first time, but bet her the second with a bit of luck. I opened with Megan, who spammed Double Team and knocked her Gyarados out with Ancient Power. She got a couple hits on her Dragonair, but it landed a Fire Blast. I sent out Rocky, but he got knocked out from one Dragon Pulse. Satoshi knocked out that Dragonair, but was taken out by her Kingdra. Now this beast was tough. I ended up Poisoning her with Chico and kept healing him while Kindgra slowly lost health. At this point Chico was all I had left. When the second Dragonair came out, my strategy was similar. I revived several Pokemon and won by knocking it out with Satoshi.

No doubt this battle was tougher than Chuck's, if only slightly.

I got the Extreme Speed Dratini and now it's time to travel Johto, picking up any items and battling trainers I may have missed. After that I face the Elite 4.

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 145 Obtained 26
Time - 24:48
Money - 50,021
Badges - 8

Chico ♂, lvl 35 Hedwig ♀, lvl 34 Rocky ♂, lvl 34
Megan ♀, lvl 35 Satoshi ♂, lvl 34 Jake ♂, lvl 34

Going through Johto battling everyone I missed and collecting every item (hidden too) that I could took almost as much time as Parts 1 - 6. I got the King's Rock and evolved Satoshi!I wanted to get Ice Beam for him, but getting 10K coins was going to take forever, so I settled on a Wide Lens for Rocky. And I ended up teaching Blizzard to Satoshi.

The Elite Four was about as tough as I expected. I had 21 Revives and Max Revives at the start, and had 1 at the end. Psychic took out a good chunk of my team against Will. Koga was probably the easiest, thanks to Megan's Double Team. I switched back and forth against Hitmonhan, and almost lost to Machamp. Karen's Houndoom nearly took me out, but Jake got a critical hit on it, and I played conservatively against Gengar. usually against Gyarados without an Electric attack, I suffer greatly. Not this time. Jake kept hitting him with Tickle and landed Last Resort on it. Lance wasted a Full restore on him, too which helped me in the end. Rocky took out Aerodactyl with Iron Tail. He also took out Lance's strongest Dragonite, so I was really happy with that. The next Dragonite I fainted with Satoshi's Blizzard, and the next was taken out with Megan's Ancient Power. Last was Charizard which I had to keep healing my Pokemon to stall it. Eventually I won with Ancient Power. The whole of Indigo Plateau took me around 90 minutes.

Hall of Fame Entry - 44:28

Johto Pokedex - Seen: 189 Obtained: 35
Time - 44:28
Money - 32,476
Badges - 8

Chico ♂, lvl 42 Hedwig ♀, lvl 43 Rocky ♂, lvl 43
Megan ♀, lvl 43 Satoshi ♂, lvl 44 Jake ♂, lvl 43

As I stepped off the SS Aqua in Kanto I immediately went to the Pokemon Center and evolved Rocky! My team is finally complete. He decimated the gym in Vermilion, and soon I made my way to Saffron. Sabrina wasn't necessarily difficult, just annoying. Psychic after Psychic after Psychic, only Chico was enough to withstand them. I got the Power Plant part back and defeated Misty. Like Sabrina's Pokemon, Misty's Starmie kept spamming Psychic. Eventually I had it use Struggle - which I had no idea could land a critical hit (I almost lost because of that). Her Lapras was tough, and I had Satoshi stall it.

Pretty standard fare for the trainers in between. I got the Magnet Train Pass, and now I am heading for Celadon to get my next badge. I'm also planning on reaching Mt. Moon tonight so that I can see the Clefairy.

National Pokedex - Seen: 205 Obtained: 36
Johto Pokedex - Seen: 195 Obtained: 36
Time - 49:20
Money - 114,008
Badges - 11

Chico ♂, lvl 48 Hedwig ♀, lvl 46[URL="http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/steelix"][/URL]Rocky ♂, lvl 47
Megan ♀, lvl 46 Satoshi ♂, lvl 48 Jake ♂, lvl 46

Last edited:
Summer Break is here and I can finally finish this game. I made a huge amount of progress today, taking on 3 major battles. Spoilers for length (and it's super long).

Lusamine

She started with Clefable and I sent out my only counter, Moon Igloo (Sandskash)One Iron head nearly killed it. But it used Cosmic Power to boost its defenses. After a stream of Iron Head and Moonlight, Igloo eventually came out on top.

Then came out Beware. Now, for this guy, I sent out Moon Jester (Popplio). Sounds like a strange choice, but I figured this ting would just spam Pain Split all day, which would allow Jester to easily take it out with a few Moon Blasts. After a back and forth of Moon Blast, Pain Split, and some Hyper Voice thrown in, Jester eventually managed to win.

Then came the Pokemon I feared the most, Liligant. I sent out Moon Igloo again. Liligant stared with Leech Seed and I used Iron Defense to weaken the Petal Dance I knew was coming. Unfortunately, the defense boost was not enough to stop the Petal Dance from OHKOing Igloo. I had to sacrifice both Jester and Moon Leader (Passimian) in order to revive Igloo, since he was the only one who could take that plant woman on. Luckily, she used Leech Seed when I sent out Igloo for the second time, and a nice Acid Downpour OHKO’d her.

Then came the Mismagius. I sent out Moon Ruffian (Lycanroc). For some odd reason, Lusamine had Migmagius use Mystical Fire on the rock mutt. I commanded Crunch which nearly killed and lowered the opponent’s defenses. Then the ghost woman continued with her bear friend’s Pain Split party. Crunch easily killed.

Last was Milotic. Hydro Pump nearly killed Moon Pancake (Raichu) and Volt Switch did less than half damage to its health. I switched into Moon Igloo and used the time to heal Pancake, the only one who could defeat Milotic. Igloo got destroyed by Hydro Pump so I sent out Pancake to try another Volt Switch. Unfortunately, Hydro Pump, OHKO’d Pancake this time. In efforts to make Milotic waste all of her Hydro Pumps, and heal Pancake, I sacrificed Ruffian and Moon Mudwall (Mudsdale) sacrifice. I wanted to use Thunder Wave to slow the thing down, but it used Safeguard right before I ordered it. Luckily, as I expected, Hydro Pump was out of PP at that point, so all the thing could do was Flail. A few Nasty Plots and Volt Switch easily kills.

Just like in Sun, I Quick Balled Nebby easily. I wanted to give her another name other than Nebby since I gave that name to Solgaleo and I wanted a bit of differentiation. But…I just couldn’t. I just can’t call Nebby anything other than Nebby. It’s her name after all. Plus, I really couldn’t think of a cool name :/

Next, after Nanu teleported us to Mount Lanakila, we battled Gladion.

Crobat came out first as I sent out Moon Igloo. His Acrobatics was fine didn’t do much, but neither did our Icicle Spear, which didn’t do half. Another Icicle Spear hit 4 times and killed.

Next was Lucario. Moon Mudwall easily survived and Aura Spear, which didn’t even do half damage. Highhorse Power easily destroys Lucario.

To my surprise, Silvally was next. I sent out Leader. I guess I underestimated my opponent and overestimated myself, as Close Combat didn’t do half damage. 2 Multi Attacks take Leader down. Moon Igloo survives 2 Crunches and takes out Silvally after a super-effective Icicle Spear and Poison Jab.

Last was Weavile, who made me really wish Leader was still conscious. I thought Ruffian would be able to handle it, and technically he would have been able to had I used other moves. Night Slash cut Ruffian’s health in half. Had I used Counter, it would have easily killed, but I went for Rock Slide which Weavile just managed to survive. Ice Shard KO’d Ruffian with a crit. Moon Jester was able to easily beat Weavile with Aqua Jet.

Last came my dear buddy Hau.

I felt bad for Leader not getting that win against Silvally in the last battle and sent him out first to battle Hau…completely forgetting that the dude sent out Raichu first. I switched to Pancake who survived a Psychic, but couldn’t take 2 extra Thunderbolts. Moon Mudwall easily killed with Highhorse Power though.

Komala was sent out next, which gave Moon Leader his chance to get a win. 1 Close Combat easily got him that win.

Torracat’s ugly evo was next. I hoped Moon Jester would be able to survive for one turn to get out a Hydro Vortex and destroy the thing, but it OHKO’d with its signature move. Moon Leader gave him a taste of his medicine though with a nice All-Out Pummeling.

After said All-Out Pummeling, Leafeon was sent out, making me instantly regret using the Z-Move with Leader. I had just picked up the Icium-Z and given it to Igloo and this would have been a great opportunity to use Subzero Slammer. Oh well. I used some Iron Defenses to protect against Leafeon’s Leaf Blade. Unfortunately, that thing decided to use a mixture of Baby-Doll Eyes and Charm to lower Igloo’s attack. I was lucky in that Icicle Spear managed to hit 5 times on the first execution. Then I just spammed Poison Jab hoping to poison it. It never worked and then to top it off, Leaf Blade got off a strong crit. Luckily Icicle Spear eventually killed.

My last mission of the day was to get some Heart Scales so I could get some good moves for the Elite Four. I finally give Pancake Thunderbolt and give him the Alolaraichuium-Z for some Stoked Sparksurfer action. Then I replaced Igloo’s weak (yet reliable) Icicle Spear for a well-deserved Icicle Crash.

So next up, we're taking on the Elite 4.

So with Summer Break, I can finally go back to making progress in Sun. Beat Mimikyu and Nanu an Gladion, though I always manage to lose to Mimikyu on the first bout~ Caught my final team member unsuspectingly, I thought they weren't available until the end of the game at Victory Road. o: So my team is actually complete, with 3 evolutions finishing us up. Now I'm in Aether Paradise ready to unfoil Lusamine's plans~

Team:

T-ae = Primarina (just evolved Saturday), Seulji = Midnight Lycanroc, Alex = Bewear, Xia = Shiinotic, Hyeme = Salazzale (just evolved Saturday) Di = Alola Vulpix, just evolved into Alola Ninetales

Riko the Pikachu served us well up until now with Pikanium Z :'D though I'm missing having an Electric Move on the team C___C

With the announcement of Ultra Sun and Moon, I felt like this was the perfect day to beat Moon :)

I didn't want to challenge the Elite 4 in the same order as I did in Sun which was clockwise, so I decided to do it randomly with ladies first and Hala last.

I started with Kahili since I thought she's be the easiest to handle. I had the best coverage for her anyway. I started with Moon Pancake (Raichu) setting up some Nasty Plots while Skarmory used Spikes. I knew it has Sturdy so I wanted to weaken it so Thunderbolt would just OHKO it. To my surprise, Psychic ended up putting it in red which of course led to her healing it and me having to go through two more attacks to beat it anyway. Next came Mandibuzz who was OHKO'd by T-Bolt. I sent out Moon Jester (Popplio) with the hopes that he could get a win against her Baille form Oricorio. I hoped she would start with Teeter Dance like she normally does but she OHKO'd with Air Slash unfortunately. Moon Ruffian (Lycanroc) killed with Rock Slide though. Next I used Moon Igloo (Sandslash) against Toucannon. It's Supersonic Skystike cuts half Igloo's health in half, but our Subzero Slammer took her down easily. Last was Crobat who missed with Air Slash. Icicle Crash almost killed but not quite, leading to her heal while I used Iron Head. Luckily, her Supersonic also missed and Icicle Crash manages to kill.

Next I took on Oliva. Once again I started with Pancake. Relicanth. Thunderbolt refused to kill that thing and it kept surviving in the red. It used Yawn and Pancake fell asleep, but I just used an Awakening. Hydro Pump didn't kill so I just took it out with Psychic. Next I send out Mudwall to handle Probopass. I used Heavy Slam to break Sturdy. Then a High Horsepower knocked it out. Carbink started with Reflect which put be in a tight spot later. 2 Heavy Slams took out the floating crystal though. ext was her hell hound and I sent out Moon Leader (Passimian) All-Out Pummeling doesn't kill because of Reflect, but Rock Climb doesn't even halve Leader's health. Close Combat manages to knock it out. Last was Moon Mudwall (Mudsdale) vs Golem. High Horsepower missed at first, then Steamroller flinched him. I was forced to heal him just in case. A Heavy Slam and High HorsePower later and the boulder was down.

Then came Acerola who was easily the most difficult challenge. I started with Jester because I wanted to try to get him a win once again. Well Sableye used Confuse Ray which stopped him from attacking and Shadow Claw took him down. I sent out Igloo to avenge him. 2 Iron Heads knocked it out. For Palossand I sent out Ruffian to use Black Hole Eclipse, which was just a bit off from taking it out. Then Earth Power easily took him down. Again, Igloo had to come out to finish the job with Icicle Crash. Left Igloo out since he was the only one who could beat Dhelmise which he did with ease. I sent out Leader agaist Froslass hoping he would be faster and be able to do some damage with Brutal Swing. Nope Blizzard OHKO'd him. I sent out Mudwall as a sacrifice so I could heal Igloo. She used Confuse Ray, but luckily Igloo pulled through and Iron Head killed. Then came the biggest threat, Drifblim. Pancake halves with Thunderbolt but easily fell to Ominous Wind, which also got the boost for Drifblim:/ Igloo's Icicle Crash didn't kill so of course she uses Focus Energy:/ I Max Revive Ruffian while Igloo gets crited but manages to survive for a bit. Then I sent out Ruffian and Rock Slide didn't even do half. Acrola heals and then proceeds to spam Amnesia for some reason. Luckily I'm only hitting her with physical moves like Rock Slide and Crunch. Then she starts using Baton Pass for some dumb reason and Rock Slide manages to kill :) Guess the game had mercy on me :p

Last came old Hala who was pretty tame compared to Acerola. I had Mudwall lead expecting the Fakeout from Hariyama. I also added some Iron Defense to add into my Stamina boosts. Close Combat was barely doing anything and a High Horespower + Giga Impact took it out. After that Mudwall leveled up and I ditched Giga Impact for Mega Kick. Then I used Leader against Cabominable who easily won with a single All-Out Pummeling. Pancake took on Primape and the monkey was actually faster and got off a lot of damage with Outrage. Psychic OHKO'd of course. Then I used Leader to fight Bewear. Close Combat near halves it while Hammer Arm kills Leader. Jester's Moonblast nearly took out Bewear and he luckily dodged Hammer Arm with Refresh bonus (which is the 1st of 2 times that this came into play in this entire E4 challenge. I really wanted Jester to get that win so I used a X Sp. Attack while Hala healed. Moon Blast nearly killed the thing, but no dice. And no luck with Refresh again and Hammer Arm killed. Pancake beats Bewear and halves Poliwrath's health. I sent out Ruffian and Hala just used a Full Heal to remove the Paralysis I didn't even notice Pancake had inflicted. Rock Climb took out the frog.

After that battle I used my 8 Rare Candies I'd save up from those cafes and was able to get everyone to lv. 56.

Last was good only Professor Kukui. Again, my desperate attempts for Jester to get a win came with sending him out against Lycanroc. Stone Edge missed and Hydro Pump nearly kills Kukui heals of course and Aqua Jet crited. Unfortunately, my luck ran out again and the second Stone Edge killed. So I had Mudwall High Horsepower the mutt. Sent out Igloo against Ninetales and one Iron Head destroyed it. Mudwall was sent out against the physical attacking Snorlax. I got a few defense boosts through Stamina and Iron Defense and use Mega Kick. Then Kukui withdrew Snorlax for Decidueye. I can't avoid Bloom Doom becuase I know it'll take out anyone so I had Mudwall stay in. Surprisingly enough, the attack doesn't kill. I'm guessing it used Leaf Blade to power to power it up and Mudwall's physical boosts were enough to keep him alive. So I switch for Igloo. I used Icicle Crash and he used Spirit Shackle. The we both healed. Icicle Crash eventually killed it. Next was Leader vs. Snorlax with Close Combat OHKOing. Braviary took on Ruffian. Rock Slide halved the bird's health, but Whirlwind brings out Igloo and he falls due to Stealth Rocks. Pancake wins with Thunderbolt. Then I proceed to set up the match for Jester to win it, because my little sea lion deserves one win dammit. (I keep attacking with Mudwall for Sturdy to leave it at 1 HP so Jester can beat it with Aqua Jet. He does and even gets a crit :)

I win and I'm the Champion, yay :). Luckily Jester was in the front of my party so Kukui thanked us together (Elio and Popplio) :D Then I caught Tapu Koko with just 3 Dusk Balls; a much better experience to the 20 million Ultra Balls I used up in Sun.

So now I'm finally done and can't wait to see how things change for Ultra Sun and Moon :)

Continued in a new post due to image limit.

I got 3 more badges, bringing my total to 14. Nothing special in this part, just battling trainers from Celadon to Fuchsia to Lavender. I got the EXPN card and caught Snorlax, whom I was afraid I had too few balls to do so with.

I got to see the Clefairy in time, and beat my Rival, who made a slight come back in our match.

I've made it to Pallet Town, and now I'm heading south to Cinnabar.

National Pokedex - Seen: 235 Obtained: 37
Johto Pokedex - Seen: 207 Obtained: 37
Time - 54:12
Money - 198,104
Badges - 14

Chico ♂, lvl 52 Hedwig ♀, lvl 53 Rocky ♂, lvl 53
Megan ♀, lvl 53 Satoshi ♂, lvl 53 Jake ♂, lvl 53

I got all 16 Badges! Blue was probably the toughest GL overall. I lost to him a few times. His Arcanine and Machamp were too strong and too fast. Not to mention his Gyarados. Definitely the toughest.

After that I backtracked through all of Johto collecting items that need Rock Climb to get to, and I went through all of Kanto and picked up every item I could.

I tried the Dragon's Den multi-battle, but my Rival's Pokemon get OHKO'd, and I can't pick up his slack. Not yet anyway. I'll have to raise my team a bit more.

Speaking of my rival I brought over the event Celebi from way back, and did the Time Travel event. I also got the Spiky-Eared Pichu.

There's not much left for me to do except daily events, battle the E4 again, check out the Battle Frontier and Pokeathlon, defeat Red (unlikely), and other miscellaneous stuff.

In the end I had a lot of fun with this playthrough. My team was interesting, and we pulled some surprising wins, and got some surprising losses. I'll be bringing them (along with Celebi and Shiny Pichu) over to Bank eventually. But first I'm going to go through Gen 5 again.

National Pokedex - Seen: 257 Obtained: 38
Johto Pokedex - Seen: 218 Obtained: 38
Time - 63:52
Money - 144,940
Badges - 16

Chico ♂, lvl 56 Hedwig ♀, lvl 57Rocky ♂, lvl 56
Megan ♀, lvl 56 Satoshi ♂, lvl 56 Jake ♂, lvl 56

Last edited:
Decided to dust off one of my Platinum versions and play it again. The reason behind this is because the Gen IV remakes will most likely be on the Switch, which I can't afford in many aspects, so it's my only option to relive Sinnoh before it's closed off from me forever.

Anyway, the game starts out as usual. Barry, my soon-to-be rival encourages me to follow him in getting a Pokemon from Rowan. Naturally, his logic has more holes than Swiss cheese, which Rowan fortunately prevents a big problem. After the "exercise", we got our starters. I chose the ever-lovable Chimchar (whom I later nickname Hotshot) while Barry chose Piplup. We have our first battle which ends it my victory. After a while, we head off to Rowan's after the incident at the lake where Cyrus rears his ugly mug for the first time. I get a Pokedex and the TM for Return. Dawn shows me around and gives me Catching 101 (as per the norm) along with 5 Poke Balls. I forgot how cheap past games were with the starting amount of Poke Balls, and I already miss Amie/Refresh, but I'm still having fun. Time for adventure!

Not long after I catch a male Starly named Aero and a female Shinx named Pride and start training them up. After taking care of everything in Jubilife City, I meet up with Barry again for another battle. I win, naturally, and start working my way to Oreburgh City. I do some quick grinding to get at least Hotshot to evolve, which he does, gaining Mach Punch as a result. Aero quickly catches up, becoming Staravia. Pride still has a ways to go, and with the large amount of Mons with the Ground-type, she had to sit on the back burner for a bit. After fetching Roark, I got to battle him. He was easy, though sadly he did get a Stealth Rock out before I could stop him, so I had to play my cards right for a bit to avoid too much damage, but in the end he fell. Took care of any last bit stuff in Oreburgh, such as obtaining the Heal, Great, and Dusk Balls from certain people for later use. I took a detour into Oreburgh Gate to fetch the Big Pearl and TM for Flash and ended up netting myself a Lv 10 Golbat who I named Nitefang. He's only going to be temporary, but I plan to raise him to become a Crobat. And having an underleveled evolved Pokemon gives him decent firepower, so it works out in the end. Moving on, I "rescued" Rowan and Dawn from two Team Galactic thugs (though to be honest I don't think Rowan really needed it, as he almost ignored them outright until lecturing them, which was pretty funny). The two grunts get their butts kicked and high-tail it out of there. And now the TV station is open, allowing me to access the ID Lotto. I had done some trading with myself to get certain data like Stunky and Murkrow, since I can't catch either in Platinum, and ended up winning the Lotto on the first try, getting an Ultra Ball. But it's time to move onto Floraroma Town.

I get to Floraroma Town, obtain some berries and the Sprayduck can, then head on out into the neighboring areas. Looks like Galactic is at it again, so it's time for me to play superhero and stop them at the Valley Windworks. After getting the spare key and whooping the grunts, I faced Mars. She gave me a fair amount of trouble, since that Purugly is a tough nut to crack at this level in the game, but Hotshot ultimately prevailed. I saved the day and moved on out. Got to Eterna Forest and worked side-by-side with Cheryl. This gave me a good opportunity to get some grinding in, as she heals all my Mons after each battle, so I can prepare for the Gym. Caught myself a Buneary in the process. Might keep it around just to get a Loppunny, especially since I got a Soothe Bell from Cheryl after escorting her through the forest. Now I'm at Eterna City to take a break (and my battery was dying), so my next log will be in a while. My team is as followed.

Monferno (Hotshot), Male, Lv 21
Staravia (Aero), Male, Lv 19
Luxio (Pride), Female, Lv 19
Golbat (Nitefang), Male, Lv 15
Buneary (Grace), Female, Lv 12

That's all for now.

I started a playthrough of leaf green recently. My team is Charizard, Mr. Mime, Raichu, Vaporeon, and Hitmonlee right now. I just beat Koga :)

Well, since I never had much interest in battling through the Battle facilities, the first time I played both of my games, I decided to step up my game this month, and, after nearly 2 and 3 years respectively, loaded the games on the emulator to work my way through the Battle Subway and the PWT on my White 2, and the Battle Frontier on my Platinum.

#HaxIsEverywhere

Decided to continue playing Red because I am bored with Sun online battles and I wanted to finish what I started. I completely forgot I was on Cinnabar Island just raising my 'mons. I had yet to defeat Team Rocket at Silph and Sabrina for the Marsh badge, too. I went and got both out of the way and now I am back on Cinnabar raising my 'mons again. All are on their way to level 57. After that, time to take on Blaine.

I am still on my first play through of Moon version. I am currently training before climbing Mt. Lanakila. All my Pokemon are currently level 56/57, but I think some more leveling up won't hurt anything.

EDIT: All party Pokémon are level 61. Probably going to wait until they are level 70 to think about challenging the E4.

Last edited:
Well, continuing my newly restarted HG. I started with Cyndaquil named Firestorm, now a pretty powerful Quilava, and currently the highest leveled member of the team. Next, I beat Falkner and Bugsy with little trouble and started recruiting more permanent teammates (most of the Mons, bar my starter, were just temps to fill in gaps). Spent a goodly amount of time grinding for the upcoming infamous Whitney's Miltank, evolving my Hoothoot, named Nightwise, into a Noctowl in the process. I also caught a female Pineco and named her Blastwave. Still hanging onto my Furret Ringtail, though mostly because she's a pretty good HM Slave (I hate saying that, but it's true...). During the ever infamous battle with Whitney, I gotta say, Nightwise and Blastwave were the MVPs of the battle. Blastwave managed to Bug Bite Miltank's Lum Berry off, giving me more flexibility, allowing Nightwise to use both Reflect and Hypnosis (despite getting hit with Attract) to slow that cow down. This allowed Firestorm to finish the job once and for all. Whew... glad that's over with. Next up on my agenda is to partake in the Bug Catching Contest with Nightwise (since he's the only one with an actual status move, in this case Hypnosis), but I want to get Confusion under his belt first, as his other attacks are a bit too powerful and thus run the risk of KOing my would-be catches too quickly. So I have a bit of training to do first. But so far so good, though this low level curve with the wild Mons is getting very annoying (it's the one thing I really can't stand about Johto, as all the wild Mons are so low leveled, making grinding twice as hard). Anyway, that's all for now.

So I finally got Moon and just started playing that, really liking this game so far. I just beat Olivia and my current team is Brionne, Magnemite, Steenee, Espeon, and Alolan Marowak. My final team member is going to be Absol.

I've been playing through White again. I chose Tepig, just to see whether I'll end up liking Emboar by the end of this playthrough. Started off this morning by defeating Elesa. I'm currently in Driftveil City, about ready to battle Clay.

Current Team:
  • Pignite (Zu Bajie) lv.30
  • Swablu (Altair) lv.30 (bred in B2)
  • Krokorok (Gaia) lv.30
  • Deerling (Doe) lv.30
  • Frillish (Poseidon) lv.30
The last slot will be a Joltik with Compoundeyes, hopefully it won't take as long to find as Moxie Sandile/Cursed Body Frillish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom