• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently wandering around Opelucid city in Black 2, doing nothing at all....

and my current team:
  • [Samurott] Samurai
  • [Ampharos] Amphy
  • [Lucario] Chris
  • [Arcanine] Inferno
  • [Crobat] Zubatman
  • [Zoroark] Zoroark

I had been doing a play through of my Omega Ruby, but I decided to do a new game when I realized that my Pokemon were becoming grossly overleveled. This was mainly due to Pokemon Amie's experience boost, so I decided to a run without using Amie at all (a first for me, in Generation 6). Thus, I decided to try to update you all (or anyone who cares to know) on here for the first time as well!

~~~~~

Starting 10/11/17, I arrived with my mom into the Hoenn region! It's a lot warmer here than in Johto, especially Olivine City. Littleroot Town is nice, but I can't help missing the hustle and bustle from Olivine. That being said, I am happy to be here though. Machoke Moving helped us put all our items into our home comfortably, and I proceeded to get my room situated. Afterwards, my mom instructed me to go meet the regional Pokemon Professor here, Prof. Birch, since he's a childhood friend of my dad. I went to his laboratory, but his aide told me he wasn't there-that the Prof. is most likely out doing field work. So I decided to head out to the northern route connecting to Littleroot Town. Before doing so, I thought I would swing by the Professor's house first to see if he was there (we're next door neighbors!...essentially anyways).

I didn't find him, but I did find his wife (who is incredibly hospitable-she offered me cookies!) and his daughter, May. May is already a Pokemon Trainer, and pretty excitable as a person. That was my first impression of her anyway. Neither of them knew where the Professor was and May left to parts unknown after our introduction. I stayed behind for another cookie though. After leaving the Birch residence, I heard screaming in a distance. I ran to the northern part of town, where a little boy instructed me that the screaming was further down the route. After running there, I saw a thick looking man being chased by a black, wolf-like Pokemon. The Pokemon cornered him to a tree, which he scrambled up into. He yelled at me to help him, by using one of the Pokemon in his bag. I immediately grabbed the first Poke Ball I could find and threw out the Pokemon within-an orange, cute looking bird. The man told me that it is called a "Torchic," and that Torchic is a Fire type Pokemon who knows the attacking moves Scratch and Ember.

I was pretty used to the concept of Pokemon battling since my dad is a Pokemon Trainer himself and I would watch Trainers battle occasionally in Olivine. I commanded Torchic to attack the wolf-like Pokemon, which I later found out was called a Poochyena, with Ember and Scratch and we won handily! After fainting, the Poochyena ran off and the burly man came down from the tree. Turns out he was Professor Birch! After introducing himself and complimenting my battling skills, we walked back to his laboratory. Torchic followed me the back, rather closely, the entire walk there.

I like Professor Birch! He's a really nice and upbeat. I had only seen certain Pokemon Professor's on television, like Professor Oak, but Professor Birch is a lot different from them. He also let me keep Torchic as my first Pokemon! Which was pretty awesome! He has an adamant nature and likes to make sure he looks his best at all times. I think its slightly vain, but endearing nonetheless. I didn't expect to have a Hoenn starter as my first Pokemon, being from Johto and all. But it happened! And that makes me a Trainer! After talking about my dad for a bit, Professor Birch recommended that I head out to Route 103 to find his daughter, May. I had nothing else to do, so I agreed. He said the route wasn't too far, and I should be able to make it before nightfall. Thus Torchic and I headed out to find May and take our first steps in Hoenn!

Pokemon Party:
Spr_7s_255_m.png

According to my MapNav, Torchic and I arrived in Route 101, just outside Littleroot. That’s another thing-the routes here in Hoenn have bigger numbers than they did in Johto. Makes the place feel bigger. Route 101 wasn’t much, event wise. Torchic defeated a couple Wurmple and that was about it. Wurmple must be the Hoenn version of Caterpie and Weedle-and I have to say, I like Wurmple the best out of the three of them. I met some people along Route 101, but none of them were Trainers looking for battle.

It wasn’t long before we arrived in another town, called Oldale Town. Its bigger than Littleroot, that’s for sure. A Poke Mart worker was nice enough to show us around the main attractions here, like the Pokémon Center & said Poke Mart. I healed up Torchic and spoke with some of the citizens and fellow travelers in town. After that, Torchic and I proceeded to Route 103. By the time I finally found May, it was nightfall. I wasn’t scared though-having a Pokémon makes you feel 100x braver when you’re out in the wild. May and I caught up a bit before she asked to have a battle. Since it would be my first Pokémon battle as a trainer, I couldn’t turn her down!

She used a Mudkip, revealing that it was her starter of choice. I hadn’t seen one before, but I can see why she would chose it-it looks both cute and sturdy. Despite the type disadvantage, I was confident Torchic could win. The battle initially was pretty even-sided, with Mudkip throwing out Tackles and Torchic retaliating with Scratches. I decided to change it up by having Torchic use Ember which promptly burned Mudkip. Everyone was surprised, but I had Torchic wrap it up with a Scratch (that became a critical hit!), ending the fight. May congratulated us on a job well-done, but I think she was holding back since Mudkip never used any Water type moves. That aside, I was proud of Torchic and our first battle. After looking at the stars (they looked beautiful reflected on the nearby body of water!), May and I returned to Littleroot Town. Exhausted, Torchic and I headed home and slept after dinner-what a great first day in Hoenn!

The next day,

I visited May and Professor Birch in their lab. Professor Birch was so impressed I defeated May (still think she held back) that he gave me my very own Pokedex! I quickly looked up details about Torchic afterwards (who was playing with May’s Mudkip). May gave me some Pokeballs to catch Pokémon with while they both talked to me about the research that the Birches do. Afterwards, I thanked both of hem and headed back home.

At home, my mother suggested I go visit my father in Petalburg City and let him know everything worked out with our move (our phones still need to be setup). She loves Torchic by the way, and thinks he is cute. He, in turn, loves being coddled by her. After packing up the necessary materials for this short journey, she walked me to the town exit and wished me well. I didn’t make it very far though until May caught up with me. She upgraded my PokeNav to include the DexNav feature, a function that makes it easier to find rare Pokémon in the wild. We tried it out with a Poochyena, but I was too loud walking near it, and it ran away (~I contemplated restarting my last save, since the Poochyena really disappears forever if you fail to sneak up on it. But I ended up not doing it~). May reassured me that it takes practice, and I vowed to get better at DexNaving.

We both ended up in Oldale Town again, but rather than going north we went west instead. I was pretty excited to see my dad since it had been several months before we last interacted. I was also excited to show him Torchic too! Now we were in Route 102 and the forest here was beautiful. There was also a lot of Pokémon here too! I saw a Surskit, Ralts, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, and Poochyena, all in the tall grass. Torchic and I also battled more Pokémon Trainers, beating them all. To the north of the route were several berry trees. I picked them, getting a couple Oran and Pecha berries, but replanted them to harvest more the next day.

Regarding catching Pokemon, Torchic and I didn’t have much luck. Namely, with Ralts. We were about to sneak up on first one, but then another wild Pokémon appeared scaring the Ralts away (darn Zigzagoon). Second time up, we found a strong Ralts at level 13. Before we could weaken it for capture, it Teleported away…By that point, I was done so we called it a day and quit. May made us dinner over a campfire started by Torchic.

The next day,

May and I arrived at the end of Route 103. Prior to leaving though, we saw a swarm of Beauitfly! They’re gorgeous, and look a lot more appealing than Butterfree in my opinion. May talked about how she might challenge my dad, which reminded me that he is indeed a Gym Leader now. I thought to myself “She won’t stand a chance if she battles like how she did against me.” After that, we agreed to split up for a bit because there were different parts of Petalburg we wanted to check out-she wanted to go shopping while I wanted to visit my dad.

Petalburg City! Now this atmosphere is what I’m used to. While it still feels kind of woodsy being surrounded by trees, you still get the city hustle and bustle that Littleroot and Oldale lacked. By the time I made it to my dad’s Gym, the sun was setting (which was a beautiful sunset, mind you). As I approached the Gym, a boy with glasses was talking outside with my dad-apparently, he had just challenged my dad and promptly lost. I wish I could have seen it.

My dad was pretty happy to see me! His comment about not expecting me to arrive here by myself did sting a little, but I got over it when he commented on how capable Torchic appeared to be. As we took the conversation inside, I finally got to see the Gym. I had only seen pictures of the outside from postcards he would send. The inside of his Gym is pretty…basic, to say the least. The tatami mats and shiny wooden flooring do look very nice though. Before we could talk more, a green haired boy burst into the Gym.

Turns out his name was Wally and my dad promised his parents that he would help him catch his first Pokémon. Wally would have made the trek with them to Littleroot to get a starter from Prof. Birch, but apparently, he’s a very sickly boy and the journey would have been too much for him. For some reason, this task got delegated to me-but I didn’t mind helping. As we walked and talked, I learned that Wally is actually very interested in Pokémon. He recounted move combos as well as evolutionary lines-the kid really knows his stuff! Despite his vast knowledge, he’s also incredibly shy and unsure of himself. Route 103 wasn’t far, and soon I found myself back on it.

Even sooner, we heard rustling and Wally found a Ralts! After shakily battling it with my dad’s Zigzagoon, he caught it! HE CAUGHT ONE EASILY WHEN I HAD STRUGGLED FRUITLESSLY. I was happy for him though. It also seems very fitting for him as well-they’re both soft-spoken and green (the Ralts never even used an attacking move during the fight). We ran back to the Gym, in which my dad congratulated him. After upgrading my PokeNav with some interaction features, Wally returned home to leave the next day with his parents. My dad said he’s a Trainer to look out for, but I’m not so sure. I was pretty beat too, so my dad revealed the room he had prepared for me in the back of the Gym (he lives there btw). Tomorrow, I’m determined to not be outdone by Wally-I’m going to successfully catch my first Pokémon!

Last edited:
Okay, I've been doing a re-run through my spare Alpha Sapphire, and thanks to some good advice from Bob Fizzle here, I've gotten a pretty good idea of what my final game plan is. But here's what I've got so far.

After starting the journey with an Impish Torchic and battling May for the first time, I helped little Wally get his Ralts. I also spent some time hunting down a Ralts of my own and caught myself a Lax female Ralts with Trace (my preferred ability for the line, as it lets me get a sneak preview of what my opponent's abilities are, and it does come in handy for battle, too). I also decided to trade over a mystery egg from my Y version just for fun and it turned out to be a Jolly female Zangoose. I kept her because you can't catch Zangoose in AS, and I figured it would be fun to try something a bit different. I've used Seviper in the past with good results, but never Zangoose, as, up until Gen V (B2W2, to be exact), I've never had the ability to catch one. So I wanted to see how my newly hatched Cat-Ferret Mon girl, who I named Swipe, would do. And I tend to play for fun anyway, so I wasn't too concerned with in-game performance.

Anyway, moving on, I duked it out with my first Aqua Grunt in the woods and not long after trounced Roxanne with my newly evolved Combusken, winning me the Stone Badge and Rock Tomb. Shortly after that, I trounced the same Aqua Grunt and not only recovered the stolen parts but Peeko the Wingull. Mr. Briney was very happy to see his fine feathered friend in one piece, thanking me for saving her. After that, I talked to Mr. Stone of Devon Corp and he asked me to deliver a letter to Steven in Dewford Town, along with the parts I just recovered to Slateport City (though I learn of that request later). Since Dewford had another Gym, it was a request that worked in my favor, so I said yes.

Later, after trekking through the woods again, gathering up items I missed or couldn't get before, I met up with my sailor friend and his Wingull. He was more than happy to help me, so off to Dewford we go! After a quick break at the Pokemon Center and a little Mon hunting in Granite Cave (or at least the part I could explore at this time), I decided it was time to have a brawl with Brawly. Lora the Ralts and Infernox the Combusken knocked his team of Fighting Mons out of the park, earning me the Knuckle Badge and Bulk Up. He then told me where to find Steven. Back to Granite Cave again. Found Steven in front of a very ominous cave painting. What was that? Primal... Reversion? And it might be similar to Mega Evolution? Hmm. Anyway, I gave Steven the letter and he gave me Steel Wing as thanks. Now it's off to Slateport to get those parts to Captain Stern. Anchors away!

Arrived at Slateport and started by exploring a bit. Snagged myself a shiny new Mega Stone at the open-air market before finally going after Captain Stern. His assistant, Dock, told me to go to the museum to find him. So I did so, and saw the place was infested with Aqua Grunts, including the one I trounced back in that cave. He gave me Thief and ran like the wind. I found Stern upstairs, but just as I was about to give him the parts, two Grunts appeared. Easy fight for Infernox, though the last one did manage to get off an Aqua Jet from his Carvanha for super-effective damage, but it still went down with a single Rock Tomb. Uh-oh, I happened to meet their boss, Archie, but he left without conflict, but did give me a warning about getting in his way again. Like that'll stop me. Anyway, gave Stern his parts and attempted to leave town, only to get a sudden cast call from the Contest Star Lisia to enter the world of Contests. Hmm... perhaps I'll try them out, but not now, no, as I have work to do. Time to head on out.

Not long after leaving Slateport I encountered and caught a male Lax Electrike. He'll make a find addition to the team, and its line is one of my favorite Electric Mons. Plus since I recently retired my Shroomish backup member (due to the fear of overlapping types and weaknesses when he'd evolve), I would need someone who could face Water types, which Hoenn has an abundance of. So Volt became the newest member of the team. After doing the first bout in the Trick House, I ran into May again for another battle. My Ralts, Lora, evolved after besting her Marshtomp, ending the battle in my victory. After she healed my team and gave me a Dowsing Machine, I made my way to Mauville. Wow, the place has changed quite a bit since last I remembered it. Oh, hey, it's Wally! What's that? You want a battle? Sure. Sad to say, I flattened him, which made me feel a little bad, but it still seemed to motivate the little guy regardless. After that, it was time to face Wattson. Glad his game gym doesn't have the same traps as his anime version, or I'd be in for a wild ride. But anyway, it was time to duke it out with the jolly guy. Infernox and Volt won the day, thanks to a combo of Fighting moves and Lightning Rod, making it very hard for his Volt Switch strategy to work. This nets me the Dynamo Badge and Volt Switch, which I gave to Volt immediately to bolster his electrical power. Onward!

After visiting Wally's family and helping clear out the last bit of rocks in the tunnel, I moved out to Fallarbor Town. But I stopped for a battle and interview with Gabby and Ty, as well as a battle marathon with the Winstrate Family. Grandma Winstrate shouldn't get so cocky about her grandson being the Champion. I'm pretty certain Steven still has that title pretty much locked up (for now, anyway, as I have plans for that, heheh). Also, Infernox evolved into Blaziken just after all that battling, giving my team a lot of raw power, with Lora and Volt becoming Gardevoir and Manectric following not long after. Anyway, after a long haul, I learned that, as soon as I got to Fallarbor Town, Professor Cozmo has been tricked into helping Team Aqua and is at Meteor Falls. Sheesh, these scientist types, show even the slightest interest in their work and they'll eagerly show off their findings, not realizing they could be in trouble until it's too late. So off to Meteor Falls. After a lot of battling and catching, May and I caught up to Team Aqua, including Shelly, one of their Admins! But even with her strength they were no match for May and me. Not long after we met Maxie of Team Magma. Great, double the trouble. Shelly and her grunt buddy steal the meteorite and run to Mt. Chimney, with Maxie following. Guess that's my next stop, but first I have to help May get Cozmo back home safely, which we did. He gives me Smack Down as thanks. Now it's off to Mt. Chimney to stop Team Aqua!

I make it to Mt. Chimney and see pretty much an all-out brawl between Aqua and Magma. Gotta give Maxie props, his Poochyena is holding its own against three others. But time for that later. After besting another grunt and Shelly a second time, it was time to face Archie. Infernox, Swipe, and Volt won the day without breaking a sweat (well, they probably did break a sweat, after all, we're standing on top of a freakin' VOLCANO!!!). Archie is about to go all out when Matt calls up and tells him they found something at Mt. Pyre. What could it be? Archie leaves, with Maxie following, realizing he's been outmaneuvered. But at least I got the Meteorite back. With all that said and done, it's time to hit the Lavaridge Gym! But that'll wait until next time. So tune in next time for Part 2.

Current Team:

Blaziken (Infernox)
Lv 41, Male
Blaze
Impish, Capable of taking hits
Rock Tomb/Quick Attack/Blaze Kick/Low Sweep

Gardevoir (Lora)
Lv 34, Female
Trace
Twisted Spoon
Lax, Likes to run
Magical Leaf/Psychic/Calm Mind/Draining Kiss

Zangoose (Swipe)
Lv 33, Female
Immunity
Silk Scarf
Jolly, Mischievous
Rock Tomb/False Swipe/Crush Claw/Shadow Claw

Manectric (Volt)
Lv 32, Male
Lightning Rod
Lax, Likes to relax
Thunder Wave/Volt Switch/Bite/Quick Attack

I've been replaying AlphaSapphire for the past few days. Not really out of nostalgia, but to see whether I can make a fair judgement on it after three years. I've just beaten Wally. Definitely my favourite moment from these games, it's such a shame his rematches are through the Maison and not daily like most rivals during the postgame.

Current team:
  • Blaziken (Kagutsuchi) lv.50
  • Gardevoir (Magilou) lv.50
  • Aggron (Anju) lv.50
  • Salamence (Tiamat) lv.50 (bred in X)
  • Azumarill (Umi) lv.49
  • Shiftry (Tengu) lv.48
My current aim is to level everyone up to lv.55 before taking on the Elite Four. And capture 100 flags for silver rank.

Last edited:
Jiminy Christmas, I have yet to beat Red. Not because it is hard, but it's only because the game is so slow-paced I get bored. Well, I am going to finish what I started.

I got my Volcano Badge, now I am off to get my Earth Badge. My team is still the same and will always be the same with Francie the Charizard, Bronx the Electabuzz, Don the Rhydon, J.C. the Gyarados (J.C. stands for Juan Carlos, for those who are wondering), and Terra the Aerodactyl. After I get the Earth Badge, I'll be training my team up to level 70 and off to beat the Elite Four along with that douche of a rival that I named Roy for some reason. After this game, it is time to play Gold with all it's even more slow-paced glory.

Well, I finished my lap around Hoenn with my team of Blaziken, Gardevoir, Zangoose, Manectric, Milotic, and Dusclops (would've posted the progress but I ended up doing so much in such a short time that posting it would be overkill). Thanks to the almost randomized whacked-out weather around here keeping me housebound (I'm hypersensitive to weather changes, often resulting in migraines, but other health "problems" can arise), and I've played the heck out of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, I've decided to do one last lap of Kalos in my X version for the heck of it. Kalos isn't high on my favorite region list, thanks to the Gen 1 glorification it favors, as well as a bare-bones story, but I have to do something to keep myself entertained, otherwise I get very edgy.

Anyway, this time around, I did something I haven't done since Crystal: play as the female PC. Not entirely sure why, but I guess it was just to simply mix things up a bit. And maybe take a look at the customization options and see the differences in the in-game events from the female PC side. Meh, whatever the reason may be, I started off as a girl named Solaris (named after a hot alien chick from my recent set of dreams... yes, I have very strange dreams, I'm aware of that, but alien chicks are low on the scale compared to SOME of my outright bizarre dreams. Is it any wonder I feel that I need a HAZMAT team to help clear out the junk in my head?).

Ahem, anyway, let's move on.
So I started off as Solaris (nicknamed Sol) in Kalos in X. Got my starter, a Gentle Froakie that I named Kunai. Battled Shauna's Fennekin and won handily. Then it was onward to victory! Caught a Hasty Fletchling (named him Firebolt), and traded over a mystery egg from another version, which turned out to be a Relaxed Chespin (named him Templar, as in a Templar Knight, like the ones you'd find in Dragon Quest), and since I've never raised a Chespin outside of dex data, I decided to make him a teammate. Plus it would give me a Grass Mon to balance out my Water frog and soon-to-be Fire bird, becoming the tank of the group, and he could help with the potential problem that is the Electric Gym down the road. Moving on, I caught a Quirky Riolu and decided to raise him up for a while, potentially giving myself a better alternative to Korrina's "gift" (aka: she getting burned by one of her Lucario changing sides, so to speak). But anyway, time for the first Gym Battle. Kunai had evolved just prior to the battle and kept Surskit on the defensive, eventually KOing it. Swapped him out for Firebolt, who I had sorta cheated with (I traded him over immediately after capture to another game and taught him Steel Wing and Flame Charge before trading him back), so his Flame Charge managed to outmaneuver Vivillon, though she did get an Infestation in. A totally annoying move at best, but what can you do, right? So that netted me the Bug Badge and, to a lesser degree, the TM for Infestation. Yay. One down, seven more to go. After that I bought a fedora with a flower decal to start my customization of Solaris. Time to move out.

After getting the EXP Share from Alexa, it was time to do some teammate hunting. Shortly after stepping into the grass I met a Docile Red Flower Flabebe (named her Bloom) and added her to the team. Not long after Firebolt and Templar evolved into their next stages, giving me three evolved teammates. Next stop is Lumious City. Met Dexio and Sina and got the TM for Return. Traveled to Prof. Sycamore's lab and battled him, netting myself a Serious Charmander. I picked Charmander specifically because of its particular Mega Stone, so I can finally see what's so great about M-Zard X. Named him, brace yourselves... Inferno. After that, I met Lysander and talked to Calem on starting a competition between us. Oh, he's gonna get regret that idea soon enough. Did a little bit in Lumious, like go to Le-Nah twice for some double dining battles, road the Gogoat Shuttle, did the intro PokeVision scene, collected various items, got a haircut (medium with bangs), and just tried to rack up some style points for later. Now it was off to the next destination.

Did some catching along the way and learned about Horde battles, but other than that I just went to my next destination. Though I will admit that, when it comes to Mr. Bonding, his "bonding time" feels much dirtier with the female character than the male, and that was already uncomfortable enough to begin with. Anyway, turned out the next town was devoid of M-Evo info, but loaded with freebees. And apparently a certain Snorlax shows up every year to block the road. Time to use the Poke Flu- Oh, wait, we don't have a Poke Flute. That rich jerk took it. Well time for me and Shauna to pay (literally) a visit to him. I feel really sorry for that Furfrou we had to catch, but I got lots of freebees like an Amulet Coin, the HM for Cut, the TM for Protect, and a fireworks show, so it was okay (and without a potential yuri flag going up, whew...). Still don't like that rich guy, though. Anyway, got the Flute, awoke, battled, and caught Snorlax, and moved onward. Just before this point Bloom and Inferno evolved into their next stages, while Kunai abused the heck out of the Amulet Coin in the Battle Chateau for fast cash grinding. Had a Multi Battle with Tierno and Trevor... utter cakewalk. Templar pretty much mowed them down by himself with Vine Whip and Bulldoze that I bought in Lumious. But sheesh, this game REALLY doesn't take the rivals seriously enough. Anyway, time to move on out to the coastal sector.

Not long after getting to the Coastal Kalos I met Dexio and Sina. My dex gets an upgrade. Yay! Time to do some Mon hunting. I partook in my first Sky Battle with Firebolt and won pretty handily (Pidgeotto gave me a bit of trouble, but he got burned for his efforts, so that ended that battle). Calem mentioned talking to the fossil scientists about M-Evo, but we didn't get much other than the assistant is in Glimmer Cave. Well, time to prepare. First I "bonded" with Mr. Bonding *shivers*, then I traded a Poke Ball for a Dive Ball, then I got the TM for Rock Smash (so I can have a smashin' good time, heheh), and filled up my stock of Great Balls to 35. I knew I was going to need them. After stomping though the cliff-side route, battling and catching what I could get, plus an extra Sky Battle (Ledian fell to one Flame Charge, so that was easy), and after a quick heal, headed into Glimmer Cave. I caught everything that lurks in the cave (though some were very stubborn, even with Kunai's paralyzing Lick giving me a better chance against most of them). Uh-oh, I found a problem: Team Fail... er... I mean Team Flare. Time to stomp them out, including getting in a Multi Battle with Calem. Turns out the assistant was totally oblivious to fashion failures nearby, but I got a nice Jaw Fossil out of it. And spent some time smashing rocks, too, netting 3 Old Ambers, about 4 Hard Stones, and 1 Soft Sand. After a quick trip back to town, I got another Mega Stone, this time for Aerodactyl, which, fortunately, I've got about three chances for good ones. Revived one Old Amber and the Jaw Fossil to get the Docile Skyfang and Careful Rampage. Not sure if I'll use either one, as I'm still thinking about that. But anyway, time to head on out. Got myself an Old Rod and a Dowsing Machine and made my way to Grant's hometown. That ends storytime for now. Tune in next time to find out what happens next.

Well, I finished my lap around Hoenn with my team of Blaziken, Gardevoir, Zangoose, Manectric, Milotic, and Dusclops (would've posted the progress but I ended up doing so much in such a short time that posting it would be overkill). Thanks to the almost randomized whacked-out weather around here keeping me housebound (I'm hypersensitive to weather changes, often resulting in migraines, but other health "problems" can arise), and I've played the heck out of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, I've decided to do one last lap of Kalos in my X version for the heck of it. Kalos isn't high on my favorite region list, thanks to the Gen 1 glorification it favors, as well as a bare-bones story, but I have to do something to keep myself entertained, otherwise I get very edgy.

Anyway, this time around, I did something I haven't done since Crystal: play as the female PC. Not entirely sure why, but I guess it was just to simply mix things up a bit. And maybe take a look at the customization options and see the differences in the in-game events from the female PC side. Meh, whatever the reason may be, I started off as a girl named Solaris (named after a hot alien chick from my recent set of dreams... yes, I have very strange dreams, I'm aware of that, but alien chicks are low on the scale compared to SOME of my outright bizarre dreams. Is it any wonder I feel that I need a HAZMAT team to help clear out the junk in my head?).

Ahem, anyway, let's move on.
So I started off as Solaris (nicknamed Sol) in Kalos in X. Got my starter, a Gentle Froakie that I named Kunai. Battled Shauna's Fennekin and won handily. Then it was onward to victory! Caught a Hasty Fletchling (named him Firebolt), and traded over a mystery egg from another version, which turned out to be a Relaxed Chespin (named him Templar, as in a Templar Knight, like the ones you'd find in Dragon Quest), and since I've never raised a Chespin outside of dex data, I decided to make him a teammate. Plus it would give me a Grass Mon to balance out my Water frog and soon-to-be Fire bird, becoming the tank of the group, and he could help with the potential problem that is the Electric Gym down the road. Moving on, I caught a Quirky Riolu and decided to raise him up for a while, potentially giving myself a better alternative to Korrina's "gift" (aka: she getting burned by one of her Lucario changing sides, so to speak). But anyway, time for the first Gym Battle. Kunai had evolved just prior to the battle and kept Surskit on the defensive, eventually KOing it. Swapped him out for Firebolt, who I had sorta cheated with (I traded him over immediately after capture to another game and taught him Steel Wing and Flame Charge before trading him back), so his Flame Charge managed to outmaneuver Vivillon, though she did get an Infestation in. A totally annoying move at best, but what can you do, right? So that netted me the Bug Badge and, to a lesser degree, the TM for Infestation. Yay. One down, seven more to go. After that I bought a fedora with a flower decal to start my customization of Solaris. Time to move out.

After getting the EXP Share from Alexa, it was time to do some teammate hunting. Shortly after stepping into the grass I met a Docile Red Flower Flabebe (named her Bloom) and added her to the team. Not long after Firebolt and Templar evolved into their next stages, giving me three evolved teammates. Next stop is Lumious City. Met Dexio and Sina and got the TM for Return. Traveled to Prof. Sycamore's lab and battled him, netting myself a Serious Charmander. I picked Charmander specifically because of its particular Mega Stone, so I can finally see what's so great about M-Zard X. Named him, brace yourselves... Inferno. After that, I met Lysander and talked to Calem on starting a competition between us. Oh, he's gonna get regret that idea soon enough. Did a little bit in Lumious, like go to Le-Nah twice for some double dining battles, road the Gogoat Shuttle, did the intro PokeVision scene, collected various items, got a haircut (medium with bangs), and just tried to rack up some style points for later. Now it was off to the next destination.

Did some catching along the way and learned about Horde battles, but other than that I just went to my next destination. Though I will admit that, when it comes to Mr. Bonding, his "bonding time" feels much dirtier with the female character than the male, and that was already uncomfortable enough to begin with. Anyway, turned out the next town was devoid of M-Evo info, but loaded with freebees. And apparently a certain Snorlax shows up every year to block the road. Time to use the Poke Flu- Oh, wait, we don't have a Poke Flute. That rich jerk took it. Well time for me and Shauna to pay (literally) a visit to him. I feel really sorry for that Furfrou we had to catch, but I got lots of freebees like an Amulet Coin, the HM for Cut, the TM for Protect, and a fireworks show, so it was okay (and without a potential yuri flag going up, whew...). Still don't like that rich guy, though. Anyway, got the Flute, awoke, battled, and caught Snorlax, and moved onward. Just before this point Bloom and Inferno evolved into their next stages, while Kunai abused the heck out of the Amulet Coin in the Battle Chateau for fast cash grinding. Had a Multi Battle with Tierno and Trevor... utter cakewalk. Templar pretty much mowed them down by himself with Vine Whip and Bulldoze that I bought in Lumious. But sheesh, this game REALLY doesn't take the rivals seriously enough. Anyway, time to move on out to the coastal sector.

Not long after getting to the Coastal Kalos I met Dexio and Sina. My dex gets an upgrade. Yay! Time to do some Mon hunting. I partook in my first Sky Battle with Firebolt and won pretty handily (Pidgeotto gave me a bit of trouble, but he got burned for his efforts, so that ended that battle). Calem mentioned talking to the fossil scientists about M-Evo, but we didn't get much other than the assistant is in Glimmer Cave. Well, time to prepare. First I "bonded" with Mr. Bonding *shivers*, then I traded a Poke Ball for a Dive Ball, then I got the TM for Rock Smash (so I can have a smashin' good time, heheh), and filled up my stock of Great Balls to 35. I knew I was going to need them. After stomping though the cliff-side route, battling and catching what I could get, plus an extra Sky Battle (Ledian fell to one Flame Charge, so that was easy), and after a quick heal, headed into Glimmer Cave. I caught everything that lurks in the cave (though some were very stubborn, even with Kunai's paralyzing Lick giving me a better chance against most of them). Uh-oh, I found a problem: Team Fail... er... I mean Team Flare. Time to stomp them out, including getting in a Multi Battle with Calem. Turns out the assistant was totally oblivious to fashion failures nearby, but I got a nice Jaw Fossil out of it. And spent some time smashing rocks, too, netting 3 Old Ambers, about 4 Hard Stones, and 1 Soft Sand. After a quick trip back to town, I got another Mega Stone, this time for Aerodactyl, which, fortunately, I've got about three chances for good ones. Revived one Old Amber and the Jaw Fossil to get the Docile Skyfang and Careful Rampage. Not sure if I'll use either one, as I'm still thinking about that. But anyway, time to head on out. Got myself an Old Rod and a Dowsing Machine and made my way to Grant's hometown. That ends storytime for now. Tune in next time to find out what happens next.

It's funny-we're both playing through several of the same games! I'm in the process of doing my own run through Hoenn in Omega Ruby (to tide me over until Ultra Moon) but I've also just done a new game in Cyber Sleuth (The latest Digimon tri movie and the upcoming Hacker's Memory inspired me to play again). I also have a spare X that I was contemplating either doing a new game or nuzlocke for the first time.

I just wanted to note that :p

It's funny-we're both playing through several of the same games! I'm in the process of doing my own run through Hoenn in Omega Ruby (to tide me over until Ultra Moon) but I've also just done a new game in Cyber Sleuth (The latest Digimon tri movie and the upcoming Hacker's Memory inspired me to play again). I also have a spare X that I was contemplating either doing a new game or nuzlocke for the first time.

I just wanted to note that :p

Quite the coincidence, though there is one small difference. I was playing Alpha Sapphire, not Omega Ruby. If you're wondering where the Zangoose came from, since it cannot be found in AS, it was a mystery egg I traded over. But other than that, that's quite the coincidental shared choice of games.

Anyway, time for part 2 of my epic (well, maybe) tale in Kalos.
Well, I made it to Cyllage City. Spent a bit of time smashing rocks and hunting down items before deciding to challenge the gym, including a shiny new bike and Strength. Also bought several dozen Soda Pops and did a little fashion shopping while I was at it, further customizing Solaris. Anyway, after gathering all that I wanted/needed, I took on Grant's gym. Kunai and Noble did most of the grunt work against the gym trainers, both of them evolving in the process, with Kunai learning Water Shuriken in the process. Then it was time to take down Grant. However, I didn't use either Kunai or Noble, keeping them in reserve. Instead I used Firebolt's Steel Wing and Templar's Bulldoze to take down both of Grant's fossil Mons, earning me the Cliff Badge and the TM for Rock Tomb. Taught Rock Tomb to Noble right away, since it's a lot more respectable nowadays then back when it was first introduced, with both a power and accuracy boost. And now that I can use Strength, I can finally move those boulders that are blocking several goodies. I didn't like teaching Strength to Templar, since I don't like teaching HMs to main teammates, but it had to be done. So with my newfound Strength (heheh), I shoved some boulders to net me things like Aerial Ace (which both Kunai and Firebolt got right away), Thunder Wave, and a Water Stone, as well as made backtracking easier in Connecting Cave. Now it's off to the next leg of my journey.

Spent a bit of time catching some Mons on Route 10. I'm tempted to use Hawlucha, but that would give me 3 Mons with an Electric weakness (which would soon to be 4 once Inferno evolves), so I held off on that idea (for now, anyway). Speaking of evolutions, Inferno evolved into his final stage about halfway through Route 10, mainly thanks to that loser Team Flare grunt, while Templar and Firebolt evolved just prior to that. I'm going to be frank... I hate Charizard's "updated" cry. It sounds like it has asthma or something, and I know what asthma sounds like, having it myself (though mine is fortunately dormant now, but the threat still lingers). Couldn't they have kept its original cry and changed Rhyhorn's instead? I mean, it doesn't sound very fierce OR iconic anymore, not befitting of the most famous Fire-type in the Poke-world. *sigh* Well, whatever, I better get off this minor rant before I get too worked up. Anyway, after battling and catching I made it to Genosage Town.

My first order of business was to gather up any goodies I could find (after healing my team, of course). Got the TM for Payback, an Everstone, and some other goodies. Once again, I did some "bonding" with Mr. Bonding (it REALLY sounds wrong, to be honest), and after that I chased a Flare grunt who suddenly disappeared. Calem shows up for a brief chat before moving on. After stocking up I started to head on out when I was confronted by Korrina and her Lucario duo. Guess they want to battle, so I granted them that. Templar and Firebolt utterly trounced them with Bulldoze and Flame Charge, but given the fact they were near 40 compared to the Lv25 the Lucarios were at, it was a given I guess. So after that, it was time to head on out, but I will admit I backtracked a bit to do some more money grinding at the Battle Chateau, since I know there is a TM salesman coming up and I want some new moves. Ended up boosting my rank up to Countess before taking a break. Tune in next time to see what happens next.

My Team:

Greninja (Kunai)
Lv 42
Male
Torrent
Gentle, Impetuous and silly
117/103/70/101/86/133
Water Shuriken/Aerial Ace/Thief/Smack Down

Talonflame (Firebolt)
Lv 41
Male
Flame Body
King's Rock
Hasty, A little quick tempered
126/93/63/78/68/137
Roost/Aerial Ace/Steel Wing/Flame Charge

Chesnaught (Templar)
Lv 40
Male
Overgrow
Amulet Coin
Relaxed, Takes plenty of siestas
137/101/124/71/77/62
Bulldoze/Spiky Shield/Seed Bomb/Strength

Floette (Bloom)
Lv 37
Female
Flower Veil
Miracle Seed
Docile, Loves to eat
101/56/49/76/91/57
Magical Leaf/Petal Blizzard/Fairy Wind/Wish

Lucario (Noble)
Lv 31
Male
Inner Focus
Quirky, Capable of taking hits
Return/Bone Rush/Rock Tomb/Force Palm

Charizard (Inferno)
Lv 38
Male
Blaze
Serious, Somewhat stubborn
114/78/69/95/83/94
Rock Smash/Flame Burst/Aerial Ace/Dragon Rage

A Pokemon Blue Version Nuzlocke Run

Rules:
  • All PKMN must be nicknamed
  • If a PKMN faints, it is considered dead and must be perma-boxed
  • Only the first PKMN on a route may be caught (but only after delivering Oak's Parcel)
  • No Duplicates: if a PKMN from a previously caught family is encountered it can't be caught. two more attempts to encounter something new are allowed
  • No healing items in between, only use the PMC

Journal Entry #1: Adventure Awaits!

When I woke up this morning, I had no clue that by nightfall I would be writing this journal in Viridian City's Pokemon Center! Everything is really still a bit of a blur, and I still can't entirely believe it, but today I finally got a Pokemon! It all started this morning at breakfast. Mom has always been reluctant to get me a Pokemon, but this morning she was acting all weird, mentioning how "kids grow up way too fast" and "they all set out on an adventure someday". In hindsight, it should have been obvious, but really, who can blame me? Before 10 AM, my brain just isn't awake yet. As she was clearing the table, she suddenly says that the Professor living down the road wanted to have a word with me. At that, I got pretty nervous, I mean, why would he want to talk to me? I didn't think I was in trouble, or at least, I couldn't think why I would be. Most of m,y time, I spend inside or near the house, reading, so there wasn't a whole lot of trouble I could get into.

Reading it like that, I must seem pretty boring. It's just that there aren't that many teens living in Pallet Town, so I don't really have anyone to hang out with.

Anyway, after breakfast I left for Professor Oak's house, but he wasn't home. His granddaughter opened the door instead and told me to drop by the lab. I'm glad it was Daisy who was home and not Blue. She's so much nicer than her brother. So I made my way to the lab, where he wasn't either. Blue was though, but luckily he didn't notice me. One of his aides said the Professor likes to go for a stroll around this time, so he was probably at the edge of town by now. At the time, I was getting a little annoyed, as it was taking up like half my morning already. But as I got to the edge of town, I finally found the Professor. Or rather, he found me. I was contemplating how far I could stray from town without running intro trouble, when he came up behind me, scaring the crap out of me. He started lecturing me about how I should be careful and wild Pokemon could jump out and though I tried to tell him I was just looking for him, he wouldn't listen. Plus, the Pokemon that live around town are hardly scary at all. As long as you don't bother the Pidgey and the Rattata they won't bother you either. Probably...

On the way to his lab he told me how he'd been talking to my mom the other day and she mentioned I didn't have a Pokemon. As I mentioned, she's kinda reluctant getting me one, but apparently the Professor managed to persuade her and he had a couple of Pokemon waiting for me at the lab. Actually, I wasn't the only one getting a Pokemon today, he said. His grandson, Blue (ugh) was getting one too.

Once at the lab, it all went pretty quickly. The Professor presented us with a couple Pokemon and allowed me to pick first. I don't know why and Blue clearly wasn't happy about it, but I didn't dare ask either. I'd noticed Blue had been eyeing a Pokemon with a large seed on its back (I later found out it's called Bulbasaur), so I thought I'd stay clear of that one and instead, I picked the cute one with the soft, curled tail. Immediately after, Blue wanted to battle me. He probably thought he could easily beat me. But his Bulbasaur must have been pretty timid, cause after one tackle from Quartz) it already retreated. While Blue was scolding his new Pokemon, I made a hasty escape. I heard Blue can have a bit of a bad temper and I didn't feel like dealing with that. On my way out, one of the Aides asked if I could pick up a parcel from the PokeMart in Viridian, they had called the Professor's order was ready, but their delivery guy was ill, so they hoped someone could pick it up instead.

Figuring the least I could do for the Professor after he gave me a Pokemon was run a little errand, I left for Viridian. I actually almost forgot to let Mom know where I was going, but she acted pretty cheery when I told her. Maybe she's actually warming up to the idea of me with a Pokemon... It was a good thing I made a stop at home, cause Daisy actually dropped by with a gift. She said she'd heard I was running an errand for the Professor, so she thought a map would come in handy. Pretty thoughtful.

The walk to Viridian was pretty uneventful, the only Pokemon I saw were some Pidgey flying overheard. Worse, when I got to the PokeMart, they told me they'd actually found another delivery guy who'd gone and delivered the Professor's order. We must have missed each other on the road... However, the Professor had send something in return for me, which he had forgotten to give me. A PokeDex! I mean, those things don't exactly come cheap, but the note attached said the Professor thought it would be a great aide on my journey. Which kinda left me wondering when my little errand to Viridian had actually become a 'journey'...

To note also mentioned that the data gathered by the Dex would actually be really helpful in the Professor's research. I guess that's why he gifted me one... Oh, well, I mean, if all I have to do is use it to gather data on Pokemon, I guess I can't really complain.

Now I was in Viridian anyway, I thought I could just as well train Quartz a little. Right outside of town on Route 1 was a pretty good spot. by then, I'd also gotten some Pokeballs, figuring if I could capture a Pokemon or two the Professor would be even happier. This is where I ran into Twister, a troublesome little Pidgey. I was just training Quart when the Pidgey appeared. It must have been curious, cause it didn't back of. Actually, it only got closer and quartz got pretty distracted by it. So I ordered Quartz to tackle the Pidgey to scare it off, but it evaded the attack. quartz tried again, but the Pidgey would simple fly up a little and land elsewhere. So out of frustration, I decided to throw something at it, which happened to be a Pokeball. I actually expected it would just break free again and that it would flee after, finally leaving us alone, but... Well, it didn't, so I guess I'm now stuck with a Pidgey.

Okay, it's time for part 3 of my epic tale, filled with laughter, thrills, and tears.

...Okay, maybe not exactly like that, but hey, what did you expect?

Okay, after catching and battling my way through Reflection Cave, I made it to Shalour City. After a quick pit-stop at the PC, I decided to withdraw my new Hawlucha and train him up a bit for Korrina's gym. Ricochet the Lonely Hawlucha quickly climbed the levels until he was just somewhat lower leveled than the rest of the team. All he needs now is a Pulverizing Pinball move and he'll be all set (those who remember the Kids WB shows will get this reference). Moving on from there, after a bit of TM shopping and snatching up freebees, I ran into Tierno and Trevor, who told me to meet up with the Mega Evolution guru in the Tower of Mastery. So I did so. I met Gurkkin and his granddaughter Korrina, and not long after the rest of the quintet appeared. Hmm... looks like I'll have to battle Calem for possession of the only Key Stone Gurkkin has. Hate to say it, but Calem's team didn't stand a chance. Not only did I keep forgetting to turn off the EXP Share (which ended up raising most of my team's lvs to mid 40's at minimum), but he didn't present that big of a challenge. I utterly curb-stomped him, though his Meowstic and Absol did get a Fake Out/Slash in before going down. Not the best first battle there, Calem. But anyway, this allowed me to have the Key Stone, though I didn't get it yet. First I have to duke it out with Korrina. So it's time to head for the gym.

Ooooh, a gym that requires the roller skates to traverse and battle the trainers. Pretty nifty. Anyway, after beating the small fries, it was time to duke it out with Korrina. Ricochet, Firebolt, and Templar won the day for me, earning me the Rumble Badge and the TM for Power-Up Punch. Looks like I have one more challenge ahead of me before I can get the Key Stone, so off to the Tower of Mastery once more. Along the way, I picked up the TM for Low Sweep, which will be useful for Templar, since he doesn't really learn any good Fighting moves via Lv Up. Now it's time for one last battle with Korrina, but this time using one of her Lucarios, the one that took a shine to me. I actually feel pretty bad about that, as Lucario was not only hers, but it evolves via friendship, so she was getting bit of a slap in the face by a total stranger. But what can you do? So it was a showdown between two Mega Lucarios. Gotta say, the girl PC has a much cooler pose when performing a Mega Evolution than the guy does, but whatever. Two Power-Up Punches later, the match ended in my favor, and I got another Lucario with its corresponding Mega Stone. Nice, yet not nice, at least for Korrina. But now I can Mega Evolve my Mons. Now that that's all taken care of, it's time to move on. But first Calem gives me the HM for Surf in order to cross water routes. That'll come in handy. Onward and upward!

After exploring and catching the next route, including obtaining a Lapras from an NPC, I made it to Coumarine City. After gathering some stuff like a Good Rod and TMs, I ran into Sycamore and Diantha. After a little chat, Diantha gave me the HM for Fly. That'll come in handy, but first I need the badge from this city. Oh, also, can't forget that Calem challenged me to another battle, so I have to meet up with him, too. After taking the monorail and gathering more stuff (and a quick trip to the PC to rest my team), it was time to tackle Calem again. Let's see if he fairs any better this time. Nope, he didn't, though Meowstic still got a Fake Out on me, but other than that his team went down. Calem, take my advice... CATCH MORE POKEMON!!! Seriously, does he honestly expect to take down my team of 6 with a team of 3 (plus I STILL forgot to turn off the EXP Share, so my team is nearing the 50's range). This game really needs to take the rivals more seriously than this. But anyway, after curb-stomping Calem again, it was time to tackle the gym, though by that point I decided to retire Charizard due to M-Charizard X being rather underwhelming.

After a lot of battling and rope swinging, I got to me Ramos. It was a showdown between his Jumpluff, Weepinbell, and Gogoat against Ricochet, Firebolt, and Kunai. Needless to say, my team won, though I had to work for this victory a bit more than the last few battles. But either way, the Plant Badge and the TM for Grass Knot is mine. So it's time to move on out. I ended up meeting Dexio and Sina at the gate. They're here to upgrade my dex for the Mountain Dex. Nice. What's this? There's a power shortage in Lumiose City? Hmm... I smell Team Fail... er, Team Flare. Guess it's time to investigate.

After dealing with the high winds and constant attacks from the Ground Mons of the next route (Ricochet was a huge help here), my hunch was right: Team Flare took over the power plant. Time to uproot them and prove that I'm a one Mon army. What's this? Looks like I met one of the top scientists of Team Flare. Hey, lady, what's with the weirdo visor? You tryin' to mimic Star Wars or something? But anyway, after all that battling, I managed to kick Team Flare out, but not before they got what they needed. Hmm? Two people in masks appear shortly afterward. They look awfully familiar. Dexio? Sina? But after getting two Full Restores they high-tail it out of there. Guess I should do the same, but not before getting some goodies like the TM for Flame Charge and a Magnet. But when I get just shy of the gate, I encounter this freakishly tall guy with worn-out clothes and long white hair. He mentions something about a Pokemon with immortality before leaving. Hmm... Anyway, enough of that, time to head to Lumiose City.

Not long after entering the city, I ran into Shauna. Time to share another memory with her as Clemont and Bonnie light up Lumiose Tower, home to my next gym battle. But first, with the entire city back up and running, it's time to do some exploring, and maybe boost my style a bit more. So I do just that. Now that I'm done with that for now, it's time to battle Clemont. I'll admit it, this gym made me work a bit more, mostly because I had a lot of Mons with Electric weaknesses. But that didn't stop me from winning! I earned the Voltage Badge and the TM for the ever-useful Thunderbolt. Woohoo! Not long after that, Sycamore asks me to meet him at Lysander Cafe. There I met him and Lysander himself. After hearing his ranting, he gave me a King's Rock, which is my second one (I got my first one off of Ricochet, who just happened to have a King's Rock when I caught him) before leaving. And immediately after that I get a call from Trevor. Meet up at Route 14? Okay, sure. Also, by this point, I decided to evolve my Floette, Bloom, into her final form, since I didn't feel that Petal Dance and such were worth waiting for (and I had already gotten Moonblast, which I really needed). Besides, she learns better moves via TMs anyway, so it's all good. Anyway, time to head on out.

I make it to Route 14. Trevor compares Pokedexes with me and loses (haha!), while Calem challenges me yet again to another battle. This time he fared better, thanks to his Quilladin finally evolving, but he still fell to my super-sweet team. Shauna and Tierno show up and want to check out the spooky house. So we did. Spooky, huh? More like a trap to wring curious people out of their cash. But whatever. I spend some time catching and battling while I was here before finally taking a break in Laverre City. Next stop is the gym, but first a break. That's all for now, folks. I'll post my team next time, as my 3DS is recharging right now. Later.

Now presenting the third part of my Hoenn adventure! Sorry for the delay, but there is a lot of news to share~

Continuing from where we left off, the next morning I started my goal of catching my first Pokémon. Before that, Torchic and I doubled back to Route 103 to collect some of the Oran and Pecha berries we had planted. Following that, Torchic and I noticed a rustle-it was a Ralts! We immediately started to battle it and managed to catch it quickly. There was no Teleporting this time or any other wild Pokémon to get in the way. With that, we had our first Pokémon! After several days, I finally managed the basic step for being a Pokémon Trainer!

Admittedly though, it did feel slightly weird catching one right after Wally…

So I decided I would catch another, and make that one my “first.” Torchic and I left the route, dashed through Petalburg, and arrived in Route 104. This route was different from the previous ones, because it had a nice beach and the ocean-both provided an amazing view! I took Torchic to the ocean, since that was his first time experiencing it. He kept running back once the tide came in…only to chase after the water when it had receded. There was a nice breeze too, so we spent a few hours just enjoying the beach. I went for a swim, which was nice. I also noticed several seagull-like Pokémon flying overhead-according to the Pokedex, they’re called Wingull.

After scanning them in my ‘dex, Torchic and I backtracked to the tall grass. Right when we approached it, some grass started shaking and I heard a sharp cry. Torchic and I crept up to it, only to find a wild Taillow! This! This was going to be my first catch! I had Torchic throw some status moves around to weaken it; namely Growl and Sand Attack. When Torchic used Sand Attack though, Taillow cloaked itself in a harsh, bright blue light-this thing was getting ready to use Sky Attack! I quickly swapped Torchic with Ralts, because I didn’t want Torchic to get knocked out. Sure enough, Taillow easily defeated Ralts with a critical Sky Attack. The fact that she had used Focus Energy prior all but guaranteed the crit. That’s when I knew I wanted her on my team-that power and strategy was beautiful.

I sent Torchic in again and quickly had him wear down Taillow with Ember before she could charge up Sky Attack a second time. Luckily, she went in the Poke Ball and didn’t break out to unleash another Sky Attack. After catching her, I was very satisfied and decided to add her to the team (replacing Ralts). She too, is Adamant in nature like Torchic. I know they’re going to get along great! By that point, evening had rolled around. I went back to stay with my dad, promising him I would leave Petalburg for good the next day. He was very impressed with Taillow, and was happy that I had caught and decided to use a Normal typed Pokémon.

The next day,

We set out for Route 104 again, after stopping off at the Poke Mart. I decided to battle all the Trainers hanging around the route, to have Torchic and Taillow gain more experience. While battling, I also met an old man named Mr. Briney. He lives in a small cottage near the ocean, and has an impressive boat to boot. While Torchic and Taillow played with his Wingull, nicknamed Peeko, he told me old stories of his travelling days with Professor Birch. He also offered his cabin as a place to rest if I’m ever in the area! I took him up on his offer, and decided to stay the next few days growing berries, Dex Naving and training my team.

Several days later,

The gang and I left Mr. Briney and headed for the Petalburg Woods. According to dad and the Map Nav, I must get past here to get to Rustboro City.

Petalburg Woods is beautiful. The forest is much thicker here than what I’ve seen in Hoenn so far. The way the light trickles through the leaves feels angelical. There’s green for miles, which is great because green is my favorite color! I explored the woods and saw several Bug Pokémon, including Wurmple’s evolutions-Silcoon and Cascoon. Farther along though was where I found something exceedingly rare. Above me, jumping through the trees, was a Treecko! One of Hoenn’s starter Pokémon, just here in the wild! I didn’t see any Trainers nearby, so I assumed it was wild. Someone must have released it, maybe.

I couldn’t catch up to it in the trees, so I had Taillow follow it from the air. With her speed and agilities, Taillow had no problem keeping up with the Treecko. Eventually, a clearing came up and I had Taillow corner it to the ground. After that, I sent Torchic in to battle it. Treecko proved to be very fast, faster than Torchic, and even knew Double Kick to inflict damage other than through Absorb. However, Torchic was able to weaken it by getting up close with a point-blank Ember (after biting on to its tail). That weakened Treecko enough for capture, which was successful! And just like that, I got my third Pokémon! Treecko has a Lax nature and is easygoing, which has made interacting with him pretty easy.

(~In reality, I sent over a Treecko egg from Y. However, it still hatched in Petalburg Woods, so I’m just embellishing a bit~).

I healed up Treecko, and decided to call it a day. After letting Torchic and Taillow interact with Treecko, to get to know him better, we had dinner and called it a night.

The next day,

We continued with our journey through the woods, only to meet a bespectacled looking man. He approached me, asking if I had seen a Pokémon called “Shroomish.” I said no, and he showed me a picture (it does look kind of cute). After explaining its Grass typing as well as why it’s his favorite Pokémon, I offered to help him look for one if he wanted to catch it. Before we could continue talking though, a man in a red sweater and red clothing came charging at us with fury in his eyes. He exclaimed that he had been waiting for the scientist, to ambush him, and decided to come after him instead.

The scientist apparently was not a Trainer. How did I know that? Because he cowered behind me, asking me to use my Pokémon to defeat the red thug. I was a bit nervous, since I had no idea what this man was about, but my nerves eased after he sent out a little Poochyena. I decided to let Treecko have his first Trainer battle, in reply. His Double Kick was super effective on the Poochyena, knocking it out. Apparently, that was the only Pokémon the man had, and he left. But not before muttering under his breath something about Rustboro. After it looked like he was far away, the scientist thanked me for saving hm. He gave me an Exp. Share, but before I could thank him, he bolted off in the direction of Rustboro, fearful of what that man might do. I wasn’t worried because I’m sure the police could handle this “Team Magma” or whatever they’re called.

We took our time through the rest of the woods, battling another Trainer and finding items in the process (we found a Bright Powder being held by a wild Wurmple!). After calling it a night, I decided I would head out of the woods and back into Route 104 the next day. Rustoboro City, I’ll see you soon!

The next day,

We finally made it out of Petalburg Woods! While I appreciated the scenery, I was getting a little tired of “roughing it.” I was greatly looking forward to the hot showers and nice beds of the Pokemon Center.

Petalburg Woods falls within Route 104, so it’s like we never left. However, this part of Route 104 lacks the ocean and is entirely wooded. There is a large, beautiful lake though with a bridge. I could see it from a distance, and decided to head in that direction. Before going there though, I saw a colorful building surrounded by flowers. Torchic and Treecko darted off towards the flowers, so I decided to follow.

Turns out the building is a shop called the Pretty Petal flower shop. Inside, were a bunch of female florists who were all sisters. They also were all incredibly kind. One of the sisters gave me a Wailer Pail, to help with my berry growing. The youngest sister in turn gave me a Rawst Berry, a berry I had never had before. I planted it outside, along with other berries, in front of their shop. The sisters seemed to need some extra help around the store, so I volunteered to stay for a few days and help things along. It was the least I could do, in return for the free berries and Wailer Pail. They prepared a room for me to sleep in, for the night time.

Several days later,

I spent the next few days helping around the shop, and exploring the rest of Route 104. By this point, I had over 40 Oran, Pecha, Rawst, Chesto and Leppa berries each. I also had my first Double Battle against a pair of twins on the bridge I mentioned earlier. I sent in Torchic and Treecko against their Seedot and Shroomish. Surprisingly, Torchic and Treecko had no issues working together and defeated the opponents handidly. The little girls cried afterwards though (awkward). Once I had collected enough berries, and fought all the Trainers around, I bid the florists all farewell and headed towards Rustboro.

Current Party:

250px-255Torchic.png
250px-276Taillow.png
250px-252Treecko.png

Tune in next time to read about our adventures in Rustboro, including our first Gym Battle :D

Journal Entry #2: BUGS EVERYWHERE

Before heading into Viridian Forest I thought it would be smart to train a little more. According to my map the Pokemon League HQ is west of Viridian City and I thought by going there, I might run into more experienced trainers who could help me train a little. But the only person I encountered there (of all people I could run into) was Blue. I had been training for a while with Quartz and Twister, and even added a new team member to my party (a Rattata I have nicknamed Plum), when he came walking down the route. He said he'd gone to check out the Pokemon League (as if they'd let a newbie trainer in), but the guard didn't let him pass cause he didn't have any badges (I could have told him that too). Anyway, I guess he still felt like he had to prove himself, so he challenged me to a battle, but quartz easily shot his Pidgey out of the air with a Bubble attack, and his Bulbasaur was no match for Twister. He grumbled a little, then stormed of. By then, I thought we'd had plenty of training and it was time to cross Viridian Forest. Mom mentioned the Pewter Museum of Science when I called her yesterday to let her know I'd spend the night in the PMC, so now I could just as well continue my journey a little further and visit the museum. But to get there, I first had to cross the forest.

I never want to go there again. Ever. It's full of bugs, bugs and more bugs. To please the Professor I caught a Metapod, cause it was just sitting there and not, y'know crawling around and UGH. I hate bugs. So with Honeydew added to my team I tried to cross the forest as quickly as possible, though it still ended up taking most of my day. I'm finally in Pewter's PMC, where I heard the local Gym Leader is looking for a challenger. No way am I gonna challenge a gym leader, they're way too strong! What I'm gonna do tomorrow, is visit the museum and after that I'm going home again.

Last edited:
Here is Part 4! This is a bit long, but mainly because our first Gym Battle happened :ROFLMAO:

AND WE ARE HERE! Rustboro City! I thought we would never make it, sheesh. But we did! This place is huge! Given that it is Hoenn’s fourth largest city, I’m not surprised. Also, unlike the towns and cities I have been to before, there is something rustic about this place. Most likely because a lot of the buildings are made from explicit stone.

Upon arriving here, I saw May emerge from the Poke Mart. We talked about the city and how different it is from Littleroot, as well as catching up in general. Even though she’s caught quite a few Pokémon, she only added a Shroomish to her party. I showed her my Taillow and Treecko, and she nearly flipped out at the sight of the latter. I told her I didn’t see any more Treecko in the woods, but she decided she would go back and scan the woods herself to see if should could find one. I felt a little proud she was so interested at my capture, even though she technically has more experience than I at being a Trainer.

May and I decided to walk around the city and explore some of its landmarks. We noticed a lot of men and women in business or business casual clothing. When I mentioned that, May informed me that Rustboro is actually the business capital of Hoenn, home to its corporate giants. We visited one of them, the Devon Corporation, but couldn’t go too far inside. After looking at their impressive lobby, we headed out. It’s an awesome looking building, with great architecture. We passed the Pokémon Gym on our way out-and that’s what I really was interested in. May suggested we go inside, and in we did.

And wow.

It. Looked. Awesome! It was like I was stepping into a museum, with giant fossils gazing down on us. And I wasn’t that far off! The Gym also doubles as an archeological museum, with ore samples from around the world. And it is free entry to all! Before we could have a substantial look though, a young woman and older man approached us. The woman introduced herself as Roxanne, the Gym Leader of Rustboro! She looked very prim and proper, and there was something about her that reminded me of Jasmine (back home, at Olivine). She was very polite and asked if it was my first time here. I told her yes and explained how I wanted to take her Gym Challenge. I turned to ask May if she wanted to do the same thing…but she laughed and pulled out a case-which had a Gym Badge inside! They both told me that May was actually here yesterday and won her Gym Battle against Roxanne. Wowzers.

Roxanne told me that she couldn’t do today because of Pokémon School obligations as well as having several challengers later. But, I could come back anytime the next day instead. She bid us farewell, and walked away to the “Gym” part of the Gym. The man then introduced himself as “Clyde,” and said he’s basically a Gym assistant. He helps new Trainers that enter Gyms while also serving as referee for matches. He then explained that Roxanne uses Rock type Pokémon-which explains the Gym’s setting. After that, he left and May and I continued looking at the exhibits.

She told me I could borrow her Mudkip and Shroomish if I wanted, but I gave her a flat “no thanks”-my Pokémon and I can do this on our own, with our own strength. Afterwards, we left the Gym and headed to the Pokémon School. I had always wanted to attend the one in Johto, but my dad considered it a waste of money-especially since he believed he could teach me everything instead. Because May was a past student there, and incidentally was one of their best students with the highest marks right behind Roxanne, we got day passes and could observe the classrooms. May showed me her old stomping grounds, while a kind teacher gave me a Quick Claw for humoring him. After all of that, May and I retired to the Pokémon center. Before calling it a day, I went back to the Gym to spar with the Gym Trainers there.

Since Treecko would be my main advantage against Roxanne, I thought I would let him battle to gain more experience with the Pokémon we may face. He obliterated all the opposing Geodude and I walked back to the Pokémon Center confident. I scheduled a Gym Battle with Roxanne for the next morning, which I was eager to begin.

During dinner, I asked May how her battle went and if there are any tips I should know. She was surprisingly vague about it, but said that I should bring Pokémon who can super effectively hit Rock types. I told her I had Treecko for that, but she countered and said that the Gym Battle is a two-on-two fight. At that moment, Torchic jumped up on the table and looked at me fiercely. I turned to May and said “I guess we have our second member!” She looked uneasy though, but I didn’t care. I had already planned to use Torchic in my first ever Gym Battle as soon as I got him. What I DID care about was a snooty girl who stuck her nose in our conversation.

“Well, I don’t think that’s a good choice. Torchic is a Fire type, which is weak to Rock types. You’re only asking for trouble.”

I told her she shouldn’t underestimate my Pokémon and that type matchups aren’t the only thing that matters. She scoffed and walked away, while May started laughing to herself. Whatever. I’ll show all of them.

The next day,

Our Gym challenge was here! I was excited…and slightly nervous. As Clyde walked me to the arena, May went to sit at the side bleachers. Only, there were a bunch of students there too! Roxanne approached us and asked if it was okay for some of her top students (she’s a part time teacher at the school!) to watch the match and take notes. I didn’t mind, and we each went to our respective sides. The arena looked awesome. It was carefully carved out of stone, with a giant fossil of a Dragonite looming over it. Clyde took his position and explained the rules-apparently for Gym Battles, there are three major rules: 1) You can only use as many Pokémon as a Gym Leader, 2) battles are “Set,” battles where you cannot switch Pokémon directly after one faints, and 3) challengers cannot use items on their Pokémon, unless they themselves are holding one. In Rustboro, both the Gym Leader and challenger use two Pokémon.

A little structured compared to what I’m used to, but nothing too difficult. After asking if I was ready, Roxanne sent out her first Pokémon-unsurprisingly, it was a Geodude. My choice was Torchic, but when he emerged from his ball, a huge series of gasps went out. Roxanne asked if I was aware that this was a Rock type Gym. I told her it was obvious. I don’t think that was the answer she was expecting and a student of hers mentioned how Torchic has a double weakness to a Geodude because it is both Rock and Ground. Roxanne affirmed that, but told her class it was an example of a different…” strategy.” I told her to just fight, and see what we’re made of. Torchic started with Sand Attack, sending a load into Geodude’s face-my plan was to use Sand Attack in conjunction with Torchic’s Bright Powder to avoid damage.

Roxanne sighed, lamenting that wouldn’t be enough to stop a super effective hit. She had Geodude use Rock Tomb, a move I had never seen before, which had a series of rocks blast towards Torchic. He couldn’t dodge them all, and got hit hard-nearly fainting in the process. But that damage activated Torchic’s Blaze, which gave Torchic a red aura-the first time I had seen him activate the Ability. I had him attack with Ember, now a bigger and redder fireball, which did quite a bit of damage! Roxanne ordered another Rock Tomb, but Torchic was able to evade them all this time and score another Blazed-up Ember. We just needed one more and we would win! I could see all the student’s jaws hit the floor; May was surprised too. Roxanne said she didn’t expect this kind of power, but claimed that it wouldn’t be enough-she ordered another Rock Tomb but told her Geodude to do it in “trap formation.” I soon learned what that was-the Rock Tomb surrounded Torchic on all sides, giving it no place to run. Before he could try jumping out, the rest of the rocks hit him, causing a small explosion, and revealing he was knocked out.

I picked up Torchic, while complimenting him for a job well done. Roxanne said it was a good attempt, but not to underestimate the power of type match-ups. Her students started snickering at that (little punks). I told her she was right though, and sent out Treecko. You could tell the kids weren’t expecting him because their snickers turned into gasps again. Roxanne took on a stern look and ordered her Geodude to use another Rock Tomb-but before she could do at, Treecko already dashed through the arena and delivered a super effective Double Kick, sending Geodude flying into a wall.

“Yup, you can’t underestimate the power of type matchups, huh!” I said.

She smirked and praised me for such a good implementation of strategy. She countered that her next Pokémon would more difficult. Emerging from its ball, was her second Pokémon-Nosepass. Its Rock typing was less obvious than Geodude, but it did look more threatening. I had Treecko start off with Double Kick, but that didn’t do too much damage despite being super effective. Roxanne had Nosepass use Rock Tomb, which didn’t damage Treecko too badly. It did lower his Speed though, allowing Roxanne to get another Rock Tomb in before Treecko could use Leer. Before Treecko could show too much fatigue from the second onslaught, he ate his Oran Berry I gave him before the match, restoring his health-something Roxanne didn’t expect. I had Treecko use another Double Kick, but Roxanne took that opportunity to heal her Nosepass, citing that item usage is very important for Pokémon battles (even though challengers can’t use them).

By this point, I was ready to end the match by having Treecko use his newly learned move-Mega Drain! He learned it after defeating Geodude. Roxanne tried the trap formation Rock Tomb that did in Torchic, but I had Treecko use Mega Drain on the rocks-it surprisingly worked and drained the move of its power! Roxanne exclaimed no one had ever done that before. Between that and a final dose of Double Kick, Nosepass found itself unable to battle any longer. With that, Clyde declared us the winners! I hugged Treecko, thanking him for a job well done. May rushed over and congratulated us on our victory, while some of the twer-students came over too and expressed their amazement.

Clyde came over too, saying it had been a while since he saw a battle like that. Roxanne approached me last. While she didn’t approve of my initial battle choice, she said she ultimately was impressed by the determination and grit of both my Pokémon. Following that, she awarded me the Stone Badge and the Technical Machine for her favorite move, Rock Tomb! There were just good feelings all around. After being congratulated again, Roxanne told me that the nearest Gyms from here were the Petalburg Gym to the south or Mauville Gym to the east. May and I left afterwards, but not before we heard something troubling outside the Gym…

Badges:
70px-Stone_Badge.png

Current Party:
250px-255Torchic.png
250px-276Taillow.png
250px-252Treecko.png

Our adventures in Rustboro are only partway done-tune in next time for the rest!

Okay, I completed my run in Kalos (and ended up with a team in the upper 70's/low 80's by the time I battled Diantha, which consisted of Greninja, Talonflame, Chesnaugh, Florges, Hawlucha, and Avalugg) and decided to do one last romp through Sun before USUM come out. In reality, I hadn't finished my initial run in this particular Sun version, as I ended up mixing up my two Sun versions (forgot to mark one of them, which is what I do whenever I have a second copy of a game), so restarting the incomplete one didn't make me lose much (though I did transfer a lot of Mons out of my PC to Poke Bank for later use, mostly for either dex data or lotto ID numbers). But anyway, time to hit the tropics once again and become the champ. Be warned, it's a bit long-winded.

So I begin my new adventure in my new home of Alola. Having just freshly moved from Kanto, I still had a bit of jetlag. Took the pet Meowth to get me out of bed. But as soon as I do, I meet the regional professor and attack expert: Kukui. He says I'm gonna get a Starter Pokemon! How awesome! Mom is just as eager to see my soon-to-be new friend, so off I went with Kukui. However, when we got to Iki Town, the Island Kahuna wasn't around, so Kukui asked me to look around the nearby trail for him. Instead I found Lillie and the mysterious Nebby, the latter of which was under attack by some nasty Spearows due to getting too curious. According to Lillie's reaction, this happens a lot, though time for that later. I have to rescue the little star cluster from those meanies. But when Nebby couldn't take much more of this, it released a surprisingly strong power that shattered the already rickety bridge, causing us to plummet to the bottom of the ravine. But as fate would have it, the Island Guardian, Tapu Koko, suddenly swooped in and rescued us. It hovered before us for a few moments before taking off as dramatically as it entered. But Nebby and I are safe, and a strange sparkling stone was found. Did Tapu Koko drop this? Hmm... Well, I escorted Lillie back to town, after she stuffed Nebby back into her bag for safety. I doubt it'll stay put in there, but at least everyone was safe.

In town, Kukui formally introduced me to Lillie, his assistant. Not long after that, the Kahuna, Hala, appears. Apparently there was another problem elsewhere, hence why he wasn't around, but he did take note that Tapu Koko appeared. Lillie explained what had happened. Huh?! Tapu Koko is usually a fickle Mon who rarely takes interest in others? Then I should consider myself lucky. Guess it sees something in me. But Hala and Kukui feel that my efforts, and the fact that I met Tapu Koko, should get rewarded with an Alola Starter Mon. Hmm... Rowlet, Litten, or Poppilo. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I decided to go with Poppilo, who turned out to be a female (!) with a Serious nature right off the bat. Named her Mero, and she became my first new Poke-friend here in Alola. Not long after getting a cool Pokedex and a passport, I ran into Hala's grandson, Hau, who challenged me to a battle. Quite the energetic one, isn't he? But I couldn't say no, so Mero duked it out in her first battle against Hau's Litten. Litten was faster, thus could get off a few Scratches, but Mero won the day with some well-placed Water Guns. Guess I got myself a new friend and rival. What's this? There is a festival tomorrow? Count me in! But before anything else could happen, Hala noticed the Sparkling Stone in my bag. He seems to know what it is, so I gave it to him, though he said he'd return it tomorrow. Hmm... Anyway, now it's time to call it a day and show mom my new friend. Looks like Mero and Meowth hit it off really well right away. Good, but now it's snooze time.

The next day came which means the festival Hala mentioned will be in full-swing soon. But before that, Kukui gave me a lesson on how to catch more Pokemon, by catching a Pikapek with his Rockruff. He gave me 10 Poke Balls and 5 Potions to start me off. Caught myself a bunch of Pokemon, but most of them are just fill-ins for now, though I'll hold onto Felix the Cat-erpie for a while. Actually managed to get Felix up to the Metapod stage, for that matter, so I had an evolved Pokemon even before the festival, which will serve me well. Apparently the festival is a little offering of sorts to Tapu Koko, who apparently likes battles a lot, so it was a battle between me and Hau. Mero and Felix defeated his Pichu and Litten, and the battle seemed to make Tapu Koko happy, as evident by its energetic cry from wherever it may be. Thus the end of the battle and end of the festival, along with a shiny new Z-Ring that Hala made for me from that Sparkling Stone. Nice! Now, time for sleep.

The next day Lillie had to fetch me for Kukui, though she got pretty flustered by my mom's complements. Guess she doesn't get much praise often enough from her own family... Anyway, turns out Kukui's lab is as bad as a battlezone, the building is full of patched-up spots and broken bits here and there. All so he could study attacks!? No wonder Lillie seems off-put by all that, though you can't say the guy isn't passionate for his work. So in we went. Turns out my Poke Dex is actually a rare Rotom Dex with a little mischief-maker Rotom inside it. But it looks like we'll work together just fine. Kukui gives me a Trial Amulet to mark the fact I'm partaking in the Island Trials. Should be fun. Time to head on out!

Lillie gives me the run-down of how Pokemon Centers work, so I did some depositing, bought a few items, and had a lemonade at the cafe, netting me a Rare Candy, Lava Cookie and some Poke Beans to boot. Now it's off to the Trainer School, where Kukui gives me an EXP Share. This should help big time. But first I have to battle some students. Caught myself an Alolan Meowth and Grimer, the former having Pickup, which I'm eager to utilize, and my first TM, too. After that, I got called into the office!? I didn't do anything wrong! At least nothing that I know of... Turns out the teach just wanted to congratulate me and battle me. Whew... got nervous there for a second. She even rewarded me with some Great Balls. Nice! And I got to meet Ilima, who is the Trial Captain of this island. Guess he's my next challenge, but time to meet up with Lillie and Hau, which also made me run into a fairly infamous Tauros. Aww, he just wants a pat. Good thing I'm gutsy, as both Rotom and Hau said they'd be nervous wrecks if they were in my shoes. But time to move on. After learning how to properly great someone here in Alola, I learned that the Rotom Dex could get an upgrade in the form of the Poke Finder. Rotom takes it for a spin right away with a sudden snapshot of Hau, Lillie, and me. What a prankster!

But anyway, I decided to do a bit of exploring, and got myself a few freebees from others such as a Lens Case from Lillie, a Heal Ball from a tourist, and some sweet Ultra Balls from a scientist. I decided to backtrack a bit to catch some of the Mons I missed before before continuing. Caught myself a Grubbin, Pichu, and Pikipek, the latter of which I decided to put on the main team, at least for now. I'm a bit iffy with the Pikipek line, to be honest, as it has had somewhat mixed results for me in the past. But this one, a Naive male named Bazooka, had Skill Link, which I felt could be worth giving it another go, since all the others I've used have had Keen Eye, so maybe Skill Link will serve me better. Anyway, Bazooka became my new teammate, along with Mero, Felix the Butterfree, and Coinz the female Meowth. So time to continue. Hmm? Team Skull is causing some trouble down at the Marina? Might as well check it out, maybe knock some sense into those numbskulls, which Rotom Dex seems eager to do. Just before that, I met Hau near the malasada shop and snagged another TM in a gated section. Also bought a Big Malasada for later. Anyway, I met Ilima down at the Marina, who pretty much flat-out ignored the Team Skull grunts who decided to barge in on our conversation. So I battled one and flattened his Zubat with Mero. She's getting really close to evolving soon, which I'm eager about. Ilima was very impressed with my battling that he wanted a go at me. His Yungoos was no problem, but his Smeargle proved to be a bit more annoying, thanks to its Sketch attack having copied moves like Tackle and Leafage, but I still won in the end. Guess now I'm off to try out Ilima's trial, but first a break at the Pokemon Center for some well-deserved R&R, as I've been busy these past few days, and I just moved here! But there's always tomorrow to tackle Route 2 and the looming trial.

That's all for now. I'd post my team's levels and such, but my 3DS is currently recharging. But for the short version, it consists of Mero the Poppilo, Bazooka the Pikipek, Felix the Butterfree, and Coinz the Alolan Meowth. That's all for today. Tune in next time to find out how my first trial goes!

Last edited:
Now that some people have already gotten the games, this thread is a log of your playthrough of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon. Post about your activities and accomplishments. Arriving at a new town, catching a Pokémon, advancing the story, important battles, etc.

This thread will have spoilers, so please proceed with caution. Here's the travelog thread for previous games.

I just got my copies. Started with Ultra Sun, I just saved Nebby. I chose Rowlet as my starter, I want all 3 because they all looked so cute.
Even though the story is sorta the same so far, the game looks much more colorful and I like not having to wait to pick my starter.

put it in spoiler tags so I don't ruin it for anyone.

I finally got through the festival and now I'm on my way to the trainer school.. sadly that is still in the game.

I got my copy of Ultra Moon, but I haven't got by the Starter selection! I was planning to soft reset for a female Popplio, but decided I didn't want to spend that time during my first run. So I decided to pick Litten because I have never raised one and I prefer it male anyway. And I am actually having to soft reset for a male!
However, I am really loving all the little added details so far and the improved pacing for this first section.
Whelp... Here we go again, I swear if it is female this time I am going to try Popplio next and see if I am truly cursed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom