• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it through the Trainer's school this morning in the brief time I had to play before work. My goal is to evolve Rockruff by 6 PM my time today.

Just completed the first trial in US.

Current Team:

Ribbons (Cutiefly), level 13
Bengal (Litten), Level 13
Meowth (no nickname yet), level 12
Kuro (Zorua), level 13
Amby (Slowpoke), level12
Buneary (no nickname yet), level 15.

Not really a whole lot to say so far, except I dig the new music.

Team so far:

Litten
Rowlet (starter I chose)
Rockruff (event)
Inkay (probably going to box it or use it to trade my cap Pikachu from Sun)

Almost ready to go take Ilima's trial, but I'll do that later today. I may catch a Pikipek and use it and it's Rock Smash to fight the Totem.

Finally got a male Litten and have been able to move on a little. I've also added a female Buneary to my team.
This time around, I am looking to do another living National Dex (last done in X with the help of ORAS). To that end, I have also caught Yungoose, Pikipek, Ledyba, Caterpie and Grubbin.
Just finished the festival - I loved the addition of the Alolan Exeggutor wandering about and the extra people and stalls in the background. I really think it's going to be the little details that make this special for me.
Also, Ultra Recon Squad are pretty creepy so far, their music is awesome and I can actually see myself as being scared of them a little if I was not in my 30s hahaha

It took forever to do but I finally managed to get version 5 of the pokefinder in pokemon moon!

I transferred in a couple of Pokemon and ditched my starter. So my team right now is:

Dash the Noibat (Lv 8)
Yuya the Zorua (Lv 5)
Shadow the Shinx (Lv 1)

So far, I'm at the school. I've been spending most of my time trading at/leveling up Festival Plaza. Barely noticed the aesthetic changes outside of the UI, though.

Made it to the Trainer's School and ultimately decided to take the gift Rockruff onto my team, I wasn't planning to but after playing with the one in the overworld (too cute BTW), I decided just to keep her.
I was also able to add Inkay, Wingull, Zorua, Magnemite and Alolan Meowth to the box, as well as a spare Buneary for when my team member evolves. Speaking of, I also evolved Caterpie all the way to Butterfree. I am actually really enjoying filling up my Pokedex again and that has surprised me.
Speaking of, how cute is Rotomdex this time around? That moment when the sky went black and he was all scared was far too adorable. Hopefully I won't eventually get bored or annoyed.
Anyways, I completed the Trainer's School and, even though I still have many more Pokemon in these early areas to find, I really want to move on and buy some new clothes! Onwards to Hau'oli City!

Despite getting the games right away, I haven't been able to go very far as I would've normally gotten as of yet, due to how hectic the day ended up. But I've made enough progress to report, so here it is. Spoiler tag because it's a bit long-winded.

Started my UM game off with a Rash Litten from the Prof. Name him Meowzma after the Samurai Pizza Cat character (Meowzma 'O Tool, to be exact), though I had to soft reset a few times as his first few natures were terrible (all ATK lowering ones, and that doesn't work for the Litten line). Did a fair amount of catching, including a female Adamant Buneary who I named Zoey. After Meowzma dominated the festival (I love all the little touches and such they've added, as it makes the region feel more alive, plus the new music tracks are so much better), I followed Lillie to the Prof's lab. Caught a Wingull and Inkay in the process. I must admit, while I was generally neutral to the original Rotom Dex, I like this version better, as not only does it have more personality, but already has it proven to be fun. Anyway, moving on, I picked up the event Rockruff and ended up with a girl, so I named her Sveta after my favorite beastman girl from Golden Sun Dark Dawn. She has a Serious nature, so it'll mean she'll be flexible to work with, but it also means that, in order to evolve her into her new form, I have to raise her to 25 between 5-5:59 AM in UM... and I'm NOT a morning person. But I'll figure something out, I always do. Maybe my erratic insomnia problems will help me, for a change? I also did some trading with my original Moon version for leftover items like higher grade balls and some extra dex data, but in the end I kept my team as Litten, Rockruff, and Buneary (though the latter now is holding a Soothe Bell, so I can cheat a little in evolving her, heh). Took part in the Trainer School, nabbing myself some other Mons, though the only one I kept on-hand was a Modest Magnemite name Zapper (mainly for its Thunder Wave attack to assist captures, since I'm generally so-so toward the line as a whole).

Anyway, completed the Trainer School and obtained the Poke Finder, as well as duked it out with Team Skull. Then I had a battle with Ilima, and for once the RNG gods were in my favor. Not only had Meowzma just learned Fire Fang, but he managed to take a critical Water Gun to just a sliver of his HP, which meant Blaze activated, but also burned Smeargle at the last second with said Fire Fang, KOing it because of the burn. Whew, that was a close one. Also spent some time collecting Totem Stickers before moving on. Deal with Team Skull once again at the beach after learning about Mantine Surf. Looks like a lot of fun. Finally, I made it to the PC near Ilima's trial site before having to stop for now. But Meowzma evolved into Torracat just before that, and with his new Double Kick move, I am very much prepared for the trial. Though I must say, that Ultra Recon Squad is quite creepy and legitimately makes me feel uncomfortable. Their music certainly doesn't help, either. I haven't dabbled in any story spoilers prior to getting the games, so I don't know their exact role just yet, but I don't like them one bit already. Rotom Dex feels the same way as I do about them. We shall see what happens with them soon.

Anyway, that's the update as of now. I'll tackle the trial tomorrow, since it'll be a rainy, dreary day, perfect for gaming. I'll start my US version soon, but first I need to tend to my second 3DS's battery issues, as it's no longer keeping a charge. Guess it's time to replace it, though I've dealt with that situation many times by now, so it won't be an issue. Anyway, that's all for now.

I just made it to Akala island. That took forever, and the Mantine Surf is a little too hard. Not a fan.

My team is a little whatever:

Torracat
Dartrix
Rockruff (level 17, I want to evolve it to Dusk form, and I think I'll have to change the time on my 3DS)
Inkay
Noibat

Heading right now to face Kahuna Hala, but I think I gotta deal with Nebby! Get in the fucking bag, Nebby! I am currently in Hau'oli City training the newest member of my team, though I am really starting to hate Furfrou. I had to battle the Ultra Recon Squad and the girl I faced had one. It was so goddamn OP

My team as of now

Dartrix- Level 17
Rockruff- Level 16
Noibat- Level 14

Last edited:
I'm gonna give this travelog thing a try now that I've started Ultra Sun.

After moving in and helping Mom unpack boxes, I set off toward Iki town only to be ambushed by a wild Donald Trumpling Yungoos. Popplio came to my aid, and I was safe. I decided to name him Jackson after the late singer. Jackson and I then met Hau and his Litten on our way to Iki Town, where we met and saved Lillie and Nebby and got to meet Tapu Koko, which is kind of a big deal, I'm told. It just sort of flew in and saved me after Nebby blew up the bridge defending us from a flock of Spearow.

The next morning we learned how to catch a Pokemon for the twelfth time from the Professor. I immediately caught a Grubbin and named her Serenity (because she's a firefly). She just sat and watched while Jackson fought Hau's Pichu and Litten at the Iki Town festival.

On the way to the Professor's lab, I found and caught an Inkay who I named Henry because he reminds me of my friend's little brother -- Contrary. Kukui gave me the Rotom Pokedex and now I'm ready for my Island Challenge! But I gotta go to class first...Looks like we're off to the Trainers' School.

Took me two tries, but I knocked out the Totem Araquinid. It has a stupid berry that reduces the effects of an electric attack. The second go round, I sent out my Trumbeak and had it use Pluck to take care of the berry situation.

Now at the Battle Royale, Rockruff is level 24. SOOO close to Dusk Form Lycanroc

Okay, my Rockruff evolved into dusk form Lycanroc literally right before I went before the totem Marowak. Salazzle was more of a challenge - my Lycanroc knocked it out with two rock tomb moves. Also, boo on the thrash as the level up move, I want accelrock.

I basically wasted the entire day clothes shopping and Mantine Surfing, but I got the high score on the first two islands. (My highest score is 41k.) I'm going to take on Lana's trial. My team so far is

Noibat (Lv 20)
Zorua (Lv 18)
Shinx (Lv 20)
Snowy the Alolan Sandshrew (Lv 9)

So I started the game, used Mystery Gift and then proceeded to choose my starter. I got a female Adamant Litten on my first try. I have been blessed by pokegods! what a lucky beginning. Trying to catch a Grubbin now as I make my way to Ikki Town.

Where the heck am I supposed to pick up my QR code I choose you Pikachu? I think that little rodent is the key to whatever the surprise in Pikachu Valley is supposed to be.

We graduated top of the class at the Trainers' School thanks to Henry and his Contrary. Ended up with quite the haul, adding a Magnemite, a Furfrou, and a Wingull to the team, while also catching a Mime Jr and a Grimer. We finally made our way to the marina where Team Skull decided to rear their heads. Henry taught them a lesson, and taught Ilima a lesson, too. Finally we are on our way to Verdant Cavern to take on the first trial.

Henry (Inkay, male) level 13
Jackson (Popplio, male) level 15
Electric Eye (Magnemite) level 11
Ginger (Furfrou, female) level 11
Blac Horgheg (Zorua, female) level 14
Peeko (Wingull, female) level 11

The last 3 members of the team will change once things get rolling; they are just along for the ride at the moment until I finalize my team. Henry, Jackson, and Electric Eye aren't going anywhere anytime soon, though.

Update: Henry just took a giant steaming dump all over President Trump the Totem Gumshoos in Verdant Cavern. He has officially earned the title of Totem Killer for what he did to that totem. He ended up receiving +2 speed and +1 defense thanks to Contrary, and there's the small matter of how badly he just broke the totem:
Henry learned Topsy-Turvy at level 15. If you aren't familiar with the move, it reverses the target's stat changes. And turns out it works on the totem auras. Henry used Topsy-Turvy on turn 1 and that +1 defense turned into a -1 defense for the totem Gumshoos, and that was the end of the story.

Last edited:
Update: Henry just took a giant steaming dump all over President Trump the Totem Gumshoos in Verdant Cavern.

I think that is going in my signature sometime in the future.

I finished Mallow's trial, and now I guess I'll be off to battle Olivia. I boxed the Inkay and Noibat I capture.

My team right now:
Trumbreak
Dartrix
Torracat
Lyacanroc Dusk

I may bring Inkay back out of the box in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom