• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 of Ultra Moon has been quite an exciting day. I was babysitting half to day, but I managed to fit 4 1/2 hours of playtime in.

I started with Rowlet this time around, and named him Kyler. I quite like the little birb. I caught a Grubbin named Edna, because I planned to start dex filling day 1. But I think Im going to wait a bit. I boxed her when I could, but not after adding my second official team member, Khalessi the Buneary. At the trainer school I made a new friend with a Zorua named Ronon (I pronounce it Roenun), and then got my butt kicked by the teacher.

After scraping my way from a second battle and win, I found the joyous fun that is collecting totem stickers. After dealing with Team Skull, and meeting those creepy Ultra Recon Squad guys, I made my way to Ilima's trial, where after a relatively smoothe defeat, Kyler evolved into Dartrix. On the way out, a purple little Noibat ran into me and I quickly caught him and named him Arystar.

Thats where I got to today. Im off to my sisters band competition tomorrow, so Ill play as much as I can there.

My team thus far:
Kyler (Dartrix, Lv 17)
Khalessi (Buneary, Lv 17)
Ronon (Zorua, Lv 16)
Arystar (Noibat, Lv 10 (Ive yet to train him up))

Totem #2 is a goddamn nightmare.

Where the heck am I supposed to pick up my QR code I choose you Pikachu? I think that little rodent is the key to whatever the surprise in Pikachu Valley is supposed to be.

Pikachu Valley. If you scanned the QR code then there will be a Mystery Gift guy waiting next to the Pikachu trailer.

Finished exploring Hau'oli City, bought some nice clothes and had a lot of fun filling up more of my Pokedex. Wild Furfrou are surprisingly tough to beat!
I am actually really enjoying collecting the Totem Stickers, strangely more fun than Zygarde Cells haha.
I defeated Team Skull and Captain Ilima rather easily and spent some time playing in Festival Plaza. I even did some Wonder Trading and got a Level 01 female Mareanie on the first trade! Shame I don't intend to use it, but it will save me the effort of finding one later haha!

Current Team Status:
Litten, male, Level 15.
Buneary, female, Level 14.
Rockruff, female, Level 13.

Pokdex Completion Status:
Seen 33, Caught 24, 6% Complete.

Pikachu Valley. If you scanned the QR code then there will be a Mystery Gift guy waiting next to the Pikachu trailer.

Hmm I'll have to go back then. Thank you!

For Araquinid, my best advice is to have an electric and flying type or other mon that knows Pluck. Start with the Pluck move, then swap out for electric type attacks. That stupid berry is a headache.

That first battle with the Ultra Recon squad was tough.

Made it to Akala Island today in US. Named Buneary "Hazel" and she evolved into Lopunny shortly afterwards. I've come to like Mantine Surfing, it's pretty fun.

Just now starting on UM.

That first battle with the Ultra Recon squad was tough.

Made it to Akala Island today in US. Named Buneary "Hazel" and she evolved into Lopunny shortly afterwards. I've come to like Mantine Surfing, it's pretty fun.

Just now starting on UM.

I really hate Furfrou after that battle.

I'm getting my ear talked off at the Dimensional research lab by Prof. Kukui's wife

After clearing Verdant Cavern, we caught a Hawlucha on route 3. She swept aside Hala quite handily. After beating Hala and obtaining the Tauros ride, we went back and smashed a bunch of rocks on Melemele Island. We found the Flyinium Z on top of Ten Carat Hill, where Kahili showed up out of nowhere to show us how to use it? So many questions.

After Mantine surfing our way to Akala, we have just reached the entrance to Brooklet Hill.

Henry (Inkay, male) level 21
Rousey (Hawlucha, female) level 19
Jackson (Brionne, male) level 22
Electric Eye (Magnemite, male) level 20

Ginger and Blac Horgheg are still tagging along until I find a suitable 5th and 6th team member.

So I have some issues with Konikoni City.

First, the wonderful lady who teaches your Pikachu Volt Tackle is no longer around, and there is a Totem Sticker on the Lighthouse. And well, I can't get to the light house.

Second, Hiker Dave's clone by the Photo Club thingy seems to want to sell you some "herb" (this is meant to be a joke, I know perfectly well the purposes of what he's selling). GF, maybe next time choose a NPC that doesn't look like he plays with herb?

My plan for Olivia is go at it with my Dartrix and Dusk Form Lycanroc. I taught Lycanroc Brick Break and i'll give him the Fightium Z. I don't want to catch another grass type or a water type just for this trial.

Attachments

• IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 22
We made it all the way to the Totem's Den in Brooklet Hill. Henry valiantly negated the Totem Araquanid's boosts, allowing Rousey to set up a Hone Claws and nuke it with a +1 Supersonic Skystrike. Electric Eye was required to finish the job, but with the totem out of the way, this proved easy enough.

Now that those stinkin' Sudowoodo are out of the way, off we go to the Wela Volcano Park.

I just beat Olivia. Her team is different. She has Anorith, Lileep, and her midnight Lycanroc. Anorith and Lileep are annoying, and I took down her Lycanroc with my own Lycanroc.

Caught Oricorio and Rockruff, then completed the Grand Trial. Solved seven mysteries at the School and went to Akala Island.

The team is:
H. Jack the Torracat
Diamond the Rockruff
Ace the Crabrawler
Hana the Oricorio

After learning about the Battle Royale, we went off to Wela Volcano Park. Since I want an Alolan Marowak, I decided to find a Cubone. On the very first Cubone I find, the very first ally it call is a Kangaskhan! Now I have a Cubone and a Kangaskhan on my team. It's like mother and son.

Anyway, Jackson was able to Hydro Vortex his way to victory against the Totem Marowak, while Rousey and Henry offered their support. Now we head into the Lush Jungle to face Mallow's trial.

Updated team:

Jackson (Brionne, male) level 26
Henry (Inkay, male) level 26
Rousey (Hawlucha, female) level 24
Electric Eye (Magnemite) level 24
Joey (Kangaskhan) level 18
Pacman (Cubone, male) level 20

Spent ages tracking down some wild Pokemon for my Pokedex today, particularly had trouble finding Abra and Smeargle.
I really enjoyed seeing the added beach area on Melemele Island and I can't wait to get on Mantine and go surfing!
The first trial was a breeze, especially with Torracat's Double Kick! Just exploring Melemele Meadow looking for Nebby.
I am still really enjoying keeping my eyes peeled for the Totem Stickers and find myself checking out areas a lot more carefully. I am even still loving playing with Rotomdex more and like having a more active partner, especially when he points out Pokemon I haven't seen yet, very helpful especially with looking to complete the Pokedex.

Has anyone else noticed that some areas the camera angles have changed? Or is it just me and I have forgotten how they looked before?

Current Team Status:
Torracat, male, Level 20.
Buneary, female, Level 18.

I ditched Rockruff because I would need to get up at silly o'clock to evolve her. I wasn't sure if I was going to keep her in the party or not anyway so no big loss.

Pokedex Completion Status:
Seen 52, Caught 42, 10% total.

The follow up to this compelling story is that Totem #3 was also a massive pain.

This is my team so far:

Calypso (Trumbeak) Lv. 21
Flocco (Cottonee) Lv. 22
Nefi (Inkay) Lv. 22
Oogie (Masquerain) Lv. 23

Without relying on Cottonee's Prankster Stun Spore to get some well timed hax I wouldn't have been able to get past the Water and Fire Totems (unless I went away and did some massive grinding). So Cottonee is the MVP currently.

Just got done with the Fire Totem, so I'm calling it a day. Will continue more tomorrow.

Going to take Sophocles' trial, but I think I'm going to collect enough stickers first to get A-Marowak Totem.

Current party:

Incineroar
Dartrix
Toucannon
Malamar
Araquinid
Staryu

Lycanroc is boxed until after this trial, then I'll decide if I want to keep Staryu/Starmie or Araquinid in my party and send one of the two to the box.

Just beat Hala! Main team members right now are:

Torracat
Rockruff
Ekans
Magnemite
Butterfree

Heading onwards once I explore the rock smashing areas.

I'm not in the mood to deal with how annoying Totem Togedamaru may be. So I'm sending over my 100% Level 30 Zygarde from Moon that I've had boxed.

We are moving right along at a nice brisk pace now. Totem Lurantis proved a bit of a hassle with its coverage moves, but we were ultimately able to stall it out and win.

On our way through Diglett's Cave, we came across a Larvitar, which I immediately caught because Tyranitar is one of my favorite Pokemon ever.

After saving that poor Slowpoke from Team Skull and soundly defeating Plumeria, we took on Olivia's Grand Trial. It should have been easy, but my team is not fast and her Lycanroc landed 3 flinches in a row before I could even touch it. That was annoying. A few of the team evolved during this time as well.

The improved team as we head to Aether Paradise:

Jackson (Brionne, male) level 31
Henry (Malamar, male) level 31
Rousey (Hawlucha, female) level 31
Electric Eye (Magneton) level 30
Pacman (Cubone, male) level 27
And welcome the newest addition to the team:
Badass Dino (Larvitar, female) level 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom