• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Adventures on Akala Island~

On Akala Island now, we begin our adventures on Alola's second Island. This post will go all the way up until defeating our first Akala Trial:

After we finished with the Mantine Surf and move tutoring stuff, Hau and I headed out to meet up with Lillie and Kukui. We found them shortly, traded comments, met an Akala captain and the Akala Kahuna, Olivia, and then everyone went their separate ways from there. I checked out as much of HeaHea that I could (stupid, obnoxious trainer and his Stoutland) and then departed for Route 4. I did appreciate several of the mini-quests there, before leaving though.

There, Rowlet evolved into Dartrix! It was pretty cool and Rotom allowed us to get several pictures afterwards (I put one in the Photo Club Thread). He’s a lot sturdier now and likes to spend a lot of time preening his feathers, while maintaining his newfound “hair.” It’s both funny and endearing. Afterwards, we battled the Trainers of Route 4, caught some Pokémon and visited the Valley of Pikachu. I was a bit disappointed there wasn’t much to do there aside from bonding with wild Pikachu. I wasn’t really interested, since I have a Pikachu of my own. I did answer of the valley keeper’s quizzes correctly though, and got a Pikachu hat and shirt for my troubles. (Later I came back with the movie Pikachu to get the special Z-Crystal).

Back on Route 4, we finished the route and arrived in Paniola Town. What an oldddddddd town. Certainly, it is different from what I’ve seen in Alola-probably because of the cowboy and mid-western like vibe. Hau was there and wanted to battle, marking the 4th one fought between us. It’s been a while since this fight (about a week or two), so I don’t remember the matchups entirely. What I do remember is that Hau added an Eevee to his team, bumping his party up to four (which lined up with mine). He most likely just caught in Route 4. I know Hawlucha thrashed the Evolution Pokémon with a clean Karate Chop, while my Pikachu defeated his Noibat. Also, this was our first time fighting Brionne since it evolved-and she is bulky. It took several Razor Leaves to defeat her! After our battle, Hau gave me some items and then left us in the dust while he went to explore Akala.

I explored Paniola Town, dealt with a Team Skull brute )I wish I could have caught that Alolan Vulpix!), and soon left the town for the ranch. The ranch was a bit more eventful. Ranch-like Pokémon such as Tauros, Miltank, Mareep and Mudbray were all over the place and everywhere smelled like a farm. The Akala captain I mentioned earlier, Mallow, happened to be here. Apparently she was getting some MooMoo milk for her family’s restaurant. In the process, she taught me how to use Stoutland as a ride Pokémon-and thus a way to find hidden items on the ground. After finding several items in the ranch, and doing another mini quest, I continued further and battled several trainers. I stayed the night at the Pokémon Nursery and then headed to Route 5 the next day. Before I left though, the Pokémon Nursery gave me a Pokémon Egg! This Egg would grow to be my fifth team member during our adventure.

(Side Note: I knew the Egg would be another Eevee Egg, but I wanted to stay away from Eeveelutions since I used a Sylveon in Moon and Y. Instead, I traded the Egg for another Egg in my Moon version which contained a Litleo! I’ve always wanted to raise one in-game and having a Fire type on my team would be great).

On Route 5, it wasn’t very far until I ran into Hau again. He was fresh off another defeat from a particularly edgy looking trainer-who revealed his name to be Gladion. Gladion challenged me soon after. I sent out Pikachu while he sent out Zubat. It turned out though that the Zubat was a Zorua in disguise! Despite that, Pikachu still managed to win and knock out Gladion’s Zubat. I recalled her though when Gladion introduced his last Pokémon, a creature called Type: Null. I sent Rockruff in to battle, given Type: Null’s Normal typing. Despite using an impressive combination of Iron Tail, Thunder Fang and Rock Throw, Rockruff couldn’t defeat the Synthetic Pokémon. I used Dartrix to finish off our three on three match-Type: Null had taken too much damage from Rockruff and couldn’t stand up to Dartrix’s Supersonic Skystrike.

After that, Gladion gave us some parting words and left. Hau followed and I was alone yet again. Thankfully there was a Pokémon Center nearby, so I healed up and then proceeded to explore as much of Route 5 as I could. After doing so and battling Trainers, catching Pokémon and making a trade or two, I finally ready to head to Brooklet Hill-the site of our next Trial! It’s about time! It’s been a while since we defeated Totem Raticate, way back in Melemele.
Brooklet Hill! We arrived. This must be one of my favorite places in the Alola region (as well as in the Pokémon franchise). It’s just so beautiful, with all the waterways, brooks, lakes, rock formations and ocean breeze. We met Lana, the Trial Captain for this Trial, near the Hill’s entrance. Interestingly, the Trial gates had been moved up to the Hill’s entrance, compared to where they were in Sun & Moon. Just like before, Lana wanted us to stop the huge splashing in each body of water-in order to draw out the Totem Pokémon. She gave us the Lapras ride Pokémon, and with that we were in the water! Swimming shorts in hand, Lapras and I rode to each splashing source and defeated the Pokémon present. Even though Lana only wanted me to defeat the Wishiwashi, I took stabs at the nearby Dewpider as well.

I was sad to see that Lana wasn’t as mischievous this time around as she was in the OG Sun & Moon, but whatever.

We soon approached the last body of water Lana wanted us to investigate-this time, we were out on the actual ocean. It seemed like we were going to fight another school of Wishiwashi, but that was a clever bat-and-switch. Before the school could amass, Totem Araquanid was having none of that. It cleared the school and then advanced on us in a truly menacing fashion.

Cue the first difficult Totem we face during our adventure. Totem Araquanid was not playing around! I started with Pikachu, who boosted her Special Attack sharply with Nasty Plot. Araquanid used a rain boosted, STAB charged, Water Bubble reinforced Bubble that shaved off a lot of Pikachu’s HP (shoot!). It then called in a Dewpider for additional help, to rinse and repeat. Next turn though, I had Pikachu fire an Electroweb-it knocked out the Dewpider, but Araquanid had a Wacan Berry that lowered the damage from the hit! Its Speed lowered, it still managed to knock out Pikachu with another spray of Bubble. Dartrix wanted to try next, and plunged in with a Supersonic Skystrike…unfortunately, this only brought Araquanid down to orange. The Water Bubble Pokémon retaliated with Aurora Beam, hitting Dartrix 4x effectively. Wow. Dartrix was still in the game, but got sent crashing down into the ocean. Because of it, his feathers got all wet and he refused to participate for the rest of the match (just like the Pokedex entry says…). Wow.

Thankfully, Araquanid allowed us time to regroup, so I sent in Rockruff (because I was in a panic and didn’t know if I could win). On the switch into Rockruff from Dartrix though, Araquanid summoned its second helper Masquerain. Its Intimidate cut Rockruff’s attack, so his Rock Throw didn’t do as much damage to Araquanid as it could have-cue Araquanid knocking out Rockruff with Bubble while Masquerain boosted their speed with Tailwind (wow!). At this point, I only had an unruly Dartrix and Hawlucha left, so Hawlucha went in to try to save the day. He got hit by Aurora Beam, but thankfully it didn’t hurt him that much and he was able to maneuver between Araquanid’s legs (despite Masquerain paralyzing him with Stun Spore!) to counter back with a super-effective Wing Attack. With the Totem knocked out, Masquerain was swiftly defeated by Hawlucha. That all done, we earned the Waterium Z! Lana also gave us a fishing rod, Dive Balls, and permission to catch Pokémon in Brooklet Hill. With this cool Trial out of the way, it was time to head towards our second Trial here on Akala as well as the adventures that follow suit.

Tldr?
  • Rowlet evolved into Dartrix
  • Obtained an Egg at the Paniola Ranch Nursery
  • Met Gladion and defeated him in battle
  • Cleared our second Trial
  • Earned a Waterium Z from Lana
Current Party:
Dartrix (21), Rockruff (20), Pikachu (21), Hawlucha (20) & Egg

Beat the main storyline at 65 hours and 46 minutes. During that time, I caught three shinies in the Ultra Wormholes (a Swellow, an Alteria, and a Drapion)! I didn't set out to catch them but they just showed up! I'm guessing the chances of getting shinies are higher when going through the wormholes. I also beat Team Rainbow Rocket. The Team RR storyline was freaking hard, but I managed to beat it with my team consisting of my usuals:

Peter the Incineroar
Morris the Persian
Nadine the Lycanroc
Dante the Electabuzz

All were at level 70 when the Team RR storyline started and are now all currently at level 82.

It was Morris who really shined in the Team RR storyline! Despite his offensive power being a little lacking, he beat Ghetsis' Zekrom and Giovanni's Mewtwo without his HP reaching zero and would land critical hits in tight moments. Good kitty! By the way, Ghetsis was an even bigger asshole in this game than what I saw in Black and White and their sequels, and that's saying a lot. He really is an irredeemable character.

So now I am off exploring the rest of Poni Island and getting ready to start transferring my competitive-ready Pokemon from Sun over to battle at the Battle Tree. I am also dying to give them some much needed moves from the move tutors. I'm also glad I'm getting to the Battle Tree because racking up BP with Mantine Surf is terrible. I'm getting slightly better at it, but man, what a waste of time just to get two battle points in the end.

Cleared Poni Guantlet and defeated Totem Kommo-o. I lost once, due to a bad play of being unaware that Disarming Voice is sound move. I was going to break the Roseli berry, then hit it with Moonblast but I screwed that up and then my Whimiscott died of Poison Jab anyway. Attempt two went a lot better, as I just Brave Birded it to death remembering it was a FIghting type as well. I then moved on and Ncromza DNA Digivolved with Solgaleo, though that wasnt a threat at all. Inciniroar dealt with it easily. It then took a few attempts to get to the unvierse in which Necromza was hiding. Is this the only location that exists for it? this one tower? interesting. Anyway... fighting a level 60 754 Pokemon (129 speed with a +1, with 167 Special Attack and Attack, with +1), with it starting with a +1 to all stats, when the previous main battle was at level 49 is a... bit much. All my dudes (at level 51) were one shot and I'm reading that even people at level 65-75 get one shot too, so damn GAMEFREAK went out out with the OPness of this game, first Totem Marowak and now this. I used a tip online to get the win without hurting it. Toxic. Now, they suggested to use a Mimikyu to absorb the blow - any level - due to the ablitiy - however, my Whimiscott has Prankster, so I taught it Toxic. I think let Whimsicott die. After that, I sent out Crobat - as a fake out - and then instantly switched to Inciroar. Since it thought it was fighting a Posion type, it wound up using its 160 base power Psychic move on my Inciniroar. I then switched out and let one of my other Pokemon die, then switched into Crobat. Rinse repeat twice and Necromza was dead by poison. Good times.Got Poipole and then saved, so I guess I'll be ready for the Fairy Trial. Unless it's above level 60, then I'm gonna have to grind 9 levels. I'm lucky there's level 60s in the worm holes, I guess.

Crobat- level 51
Randy Orton the Inciniroar - 51
Lopunny - 51
Akechi the Alolan Raichu - 51
Whimiscott- 51
Miltoic - 51

I got my copy of Ultra Moon last night, decided to start with Litten this time. First thing I did once I got to the trainer's school was catch a Magnemite. I got to Hau'oli City, bought some new clothes at the shop then beat Ilima. I progressed through route 2 and caught a Cutiefly. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to play more. I'm still not entirely sure on what other pokemon I'll use on my team this playthrough, but I'm leaning towards Starmie, Bewear, and Mimikyu.

Haven't updated in a while, but I beat the League a few days ago and it went really well!

My team was (all around Lv. 58-64):
Ansem the Incineroar (M)
Roxas the Dusk Lycanroc (M)
Aqua the Mantine (F)
Medusa the Arbok (F)
Pikaboo the Mimikyu (M)
Maple the Alolan Raichu (F)

Honorable mentions to other team members who helped out along the way:
-Blueberry the Butterfree, my MVP for the first two islands. Wiped the floor with Hala and Totem Araquanid. She was an amazing team member.
-Ferrum the Magnezone, helped out a lot along the way. Very solid team member. Kept it until Poni Island; I couldn't resist the Surfing Pikachu I got (Maple) from beating all the Mantine Surf high scores.
-Willow the Trevenant, owned Totem Togedemaru and was a really cool team member.
-Shrek the Ivysaur
-Finn the Swampert
-Snowslash the Sandslash
-Mango the Tsareena
-Kirlia

Taking on Team Rainbow Rocket, now!

So I'm only at Olivia due to lack of time to play. But anyways about to challenge Olivia. Exploring all of Koni Koni first. I actually had some trouble with Mallow and Kiawe's trials because the dang totem pokemon would not die. Especially Lurantis. Synthesis was so annoying to deal with and sunny day. And salazzle with marowak is no fun.

Anyways to update my team I ended up not getting a pikachu. Team is currently:

Gylfie-Dartrix-Lv31
Twilight-Dusk Lycanroc-Lv27: I messed with my clock to just to evolve her since I have moon and was not getting up early for that. Nor was I waiting.
Sakura-Crabrawler-Lv26
Tardis-Araquanid-Lv25: I was watching Doctor Who while playing and decided to catch a dewpider. I was originally going to just box her despite the time spent looking for her and catching her, due to the fact she was so far behind level wise, and it just didn't seem worth it. But she managed to survive for more than one turn against totem marowak salazzle pair and give me time to heal another pokemon despite being so far below level. So she's now a permanent member. She has a brave nature, and a fitting characteristic of michievous. I seem to be good with naming to match their namesakes.

Before I challenge Olivia I'm working on the ditto thing last time I left off. Think I may have killed them all or though on accident. I lost count of how many I fought. They are not easy to catch ;_; Oh well onto everything else and then to battle Olivia. I'll probably spend time in the photo club after too.

I got a lot done today. I managed to beat Sophocles trial, which was probably the most irritating trial there was. Every turn I'd either have the Totem Togedemaru using Spiky Shield or Bounce, then the Skarmory would make my Salazzle flinch. It was a very painful and frustrating battle to get through. After dealing with that thing, I got to meet YA BOY GUZMA! Guzma was defeated with ease and he's still as amazing as ever.

Made my way to the Tapu Village and added a new team member! I caught an Alolan Sandshrew and named him Sonic. That gives me a full team, though I'm considering replacing Noibat because he's probably the weakest link of my team and does the least amount of damage. Aside from that, I'm currently training my Lycanroc so she'll learn Crunch, as well as leveling up Sonic. After they gain a few more levels, I'm gonna take on Acerola's trial.

My Team
Revali the Decidueye- Level 40
Peaches the Dusk Lycanroc- Level 39
Vappers the Vaporeon- Level 38
RazzleDazzle the Salazzle- Level 38
Boomer the Noibat- Level 36
Sonic the Alolan Sandshrew- Level 35

Alrighty, here's the legendaries/Ultra Beasts I've captured thus far:

Nihilego
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Guzzlord
Necrozma (Lunala fusion)
Regice
Uxie
Cresselia
Virizion
Thundurus

Unfortunately, even though the GTS helped me get non-legendaries, no one has accepted my offer of Pheromosa for Buzzwole yet. :(

Been a little while since I last posted, been really busy with exams and life, but I have still been playing.

I defeated the Elite Four and Hau rather easily, with my team all sitting at level 70-72 for the final battle.
I much preferred the new ending cutscence, definitely quicker to get through and the actual credits were too cute.

I began some of the post game stories, catching Stakataka and freeing Festival Plaza from Team RR. I started Episode RR, but got bored really quickly and have left it for now.
Was focusing on completing the Pokedex and exploring the Ultra Wormholes. Caught a few great Legendaries and, while I was still practicing the game, I accidentally flew into a common Wormhole only about 800 light years in. I've been battling everything I come across for their items so I thought, maybe I'll get a nice Wing item here or something. I was so shocked... It was a Shiny Sigilyph!! I couldn't believe my luck!! I know the Ultra Wormholes increase the chances of finding a Shiny Pokemon, but I haven't came across a random one like that since Emerald! Naturally I caught it and have been obsessed with the mini game since! Unfortunately, I haven't came across any other Shiny Pokemon, although the farthest I have travelled has only been 5000 light years.
I have been training and breeding like crazy and finally completed the Alola Pokedex 100%, leaving the Tapus and Guzzlord until last. I have the Shiny Charm, but still haven't found any more Shiny Pokemon hahaha!!

I also got my Festival Plaza rank up to 60 and my Battle Agency grade up to 8.

I have used Pokemon Bank to transfer over some more Pokemon, specifically my teams from past games. I intend to use my own mash-up team for taking on Episode RR.
My team includes:
Infernape and Milotic from Platinum.
Volcarona from Black.
Florges from X.
And two Pokemon from X that were hatched for specific natures and abilities, then Super Trained - Girafarig and my 500 eggs later Shiny Furret.

Situation on Ultra Moon;
After becoming champion I decided to leave the RR episode until I have a level 100 squad. I'm currently filling up my Pokédex and just used my Master Ball to catch Zygarde. It has a bold nature and, much to my joy, its IVs are almost maxed. Special Attack and Attack are very good, the rest is best. I switched Wigglytuff for Zygarde.

Current team;
- Primarina (lvl 81)
- Scizor (lvl 84)
- Pupitar (lvl 51)
- Decidueye (lvl 50)
- Raichu (lv 55)
- Zygarde (lvl 60)

Situation on Ultra Sun;
I'm preparing my team for the Sophocles trail. My Pupitar knows smack down and bulldoze so it should be fun watching Togedemaru getting minced.

Current team;
- Primarina (lvl 39)
- Incineroar (lvl 40)
- Pupitar (lvl 35)
- Decidueye (lvl 40)
- Pikachu (lvl 41)
- Pangoro (lvl 42)

Continuing story, spoilers for length.

So after like 3 tries, I was finally able to beat Ultra Necrozma. I really don't see what the point of the massive level spike was. Like seriously, it already had the Z-aura boost and is a f*cking LEGENDARY POKEMON. But nah, that's not enough I guess. It HAD to also be level 60, literally 10 levels higher than my, and probably most players', entire team. Well, I had to teach my Mimikyu Thunder Wave just to slow it down and give some of my team a fighting chance. Then I gave my Persian Snarl so I could lower its special attack, while Mimikyu lowered its attack with Charm. Eventually we managed to just barely win thanks to my Persian.

After that, Nebby returned to normal and Soleria and Psycho gave me my own Poipole. I was disappointed that I couldn't manually travel back on Solgaleo. I don't even see what the point of choosing the option was. :( Anyway, I felt that all of this as a climax felt way too fast. One battle with Ultra Necrozma and everything was all back to normal. Plus, I didn't all too much like how Lillie and Lusamine felt so absent in this entire part. I get that the story had to be altered from Sun and Moon's and thus they didn't give them as much focus, but as a whole they felt really pointless overall (especially Lusamine). I wish at the very least, Lillie would have had more importance during this climax, since by taking her out of so much stuff she was apart of previously, it doesn't really feel like she's grown at all, which is the exact opposite of how I felt about her in Sun and Moon. :( Lastly, Lusamine still seems to have a slight anger towards Lillie, which seems quite odd since imo she has no reason to be. She tried to stop Necrozma on her own and failed, then we all planned to and then succeeded in taking care of it. Idk, maybe she just naturally doesn't act that close to Lillie, but it feels odd to me. At least she accepted her back to work at Aether so I guess that's good.

Anyway, I started Mina's Trial which is actually quite interesting to me. At first I thought it was just a battle with her and that was it, but we're also battling the other Captains as well. The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't battle Lana. I mean, she was already there with Mallow, I don't see why I they couldn't have done a double battle, but whatever. I like that they actually showed that Hau and Incineroar had beaten Illima right before me.

I battled everyone up to Sophocles and will hopefully finish the trial tomorrow. Also, I forgot to mention before, but I like that Sophocles nicknamed Togemaru with that name, since that's actually what I thought they would dub Togedemaru as when it was first revealed, only to be surprised by them keeping the name. :p

Defeated Lusamine and took a break for a couple of days. I've mostly been idly working on my dex - it's now at 52% completion.
Totem Kommo-O was still on the easy side, but ultimately more challenging and less disappointing than SM so that was a plus. We played the flutes at the altar (bgm is still great as always), and Nebby evolved into Solgaleo. Just then, Necrozma appeared, absorbed Nebby, then promptly OHKO'd by a Ghost Z-Move from Excalibur. It then fled into Ultra Megolopolis.
...I have to admit, Ultra Megolopolis itself was very disappointing. I was hoping for a couple of houses and NPCs to talk to, but nope, just a corridor. Fortunately though, Ultra Necrozma's battle theme is by far my favourite theme in the entire game. I held off fighting it just to listen to the music for a good 10 minutes or so. Started off with a King's Shield from Excalibur, followed by Neverending Nightmare. He was then sacrificed so Aoi can fire off her Moonblast. All in all, pretty fun fight with awesome music.
Next up is Mina's trial. Lost on my first attempt thanks to Ribombee's Quiver Dance. The next attempt was much better, being a OHKO via Corkscrew Crash. Hapu's Grand Trial was next. Coming after Totem Kommo-O and Totem Ribombee, seeing her Flygon with only 2 moves was kinda sad imo. It's endgame, at least give it Steel Wing or Rock Slide GameFreak.
I'm currently in Tapu Village. I'll be climbing Mt.Lanakila tomorrow.

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.56
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.55
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.56
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.55
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.55
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.55

Okay, now that November's over, time to finally boot this thing up, eh?
It took me more than 20 minutes to decide on a name for my Ultrasun character. Which is actually not as long as it took me to name my character back in Sun....

I see characters in the opening Aether Foundation cutscene who aren't Aether employees.

Did the main character's room get a makeover?

Hmm, so far, not as much active handholding in the opening sequence. e.g. no Professor Kukui greeting you outside and leading you up to Iki town. There's a Youngster on the eastern path who warns you off from going into the tall grass, but the proper path forward has no such blockade.

We're about to step through a grass patch and into what will no doubt be a scripted Pokemon encounter. BUT FIRST, maybe a trip back to the main menu for some event DLC....

Oh, and we're playing this on a New 2DS. The speaker acoustics aren't as good, there's no automatic screen brightness (why not, it could still use the facecam for that), and I would still prefer the notification light to be more towards the side, but those are small prices to pay for the added conveniences: rounded profile, covered game slot and lighter weight.

Anyway, back to the playthrough....
Rowlet it is! He gets the nickname "Fletch". I would have gone with him, except I was curious how much of Kukui's lines would change depending on your reactions -- not much, of course. Also, after 3 resets it gave me a female Rowlet. But this Rowlet should be canonically male, so resetting again, and ... ANOTHER female?

... Okay, then. Welcome to the party, Flammie!

Last edited:
Tried to take on the Eliete 4 a few times but I was too underlevelled really. Levelled to match the Eliete 4's highest at level 57, then was able to defeat them. I would've preferred to face Kukui for the spot as champion like on Sun 1 but I guess it made sense with Hau as well. Shame it seems you don't even get to fight him in rematches? now for the post game fun.

Crobat- level 58
Randy Orton the Inciniroar - 59
Lopunny - 59
Akechi the Alolan Raichu - 59
Whimiscott- 59
Miltoic - 60

Oh, did I mention my rival Hau has a female Popplio? Is that scripted? Normally NPC trainers have the same gendered Pokemon as themselves.

Also a bit lol at Hau saying he's been dreaming of having a [Popplio] for a while now. Kinda reminds me of BW2 where your rival's Pokemon (whom he already had, owing to raising it from an egg) just so happens to be the one with an advantage over your pick....

Plus the Alolan Exeggutor at the Iki town festival, whose neck is so tall there's not one single cutscene with its face in frame. XD

Oh, did I mention my rival Hau has a female Popplio? Is that scripted? Normally NPC trainers have the same gendered Pokemon as themselves.

I think so, my Hau has a female too and I've heard multiple people reporting the same indeed.

Finally got my replacement parts, so I've been able to play much longer now. So I've gotten a lot done in the past few days in both UM and US. So without further ado, let's begin. Spoiler for length.

After exploring a bit, catching, hatching, and trading along the way, I finally headed to Aether Paradise with Faba. God, is he an obnoxious prick, giving poor Wicke such grief over a meaningless title. Anyway, I explored the place and encountered the Ultra Recon Squad again, and for the first time saw their actual faces. Guess they're working with Lusamine on how to stop this Blinding One or whatever. But before that, we had a close encounter of the Ultra Beast kind, this time a strange jellyfish-like one. Meowzma made short work of it, but it appears that there is some sneaky business going down here in this so-called Pokemon paradise, especially since the URS is involved. But whatever. Wicke gave Hau some malasadas and me the TM for Psychic. Sweet! Time to move onto the next island.

Not long after reaching my next destination, I got challenged to a battle by Hau. I will admit his team has grown considerably since the last time we duked it out. Now he's got a Tauros in his ranks, plus Eevee and Pikachu evolved into Vaporeon and Alolan Raichu. Looks like he got over his minor fear of Tauros if he's included one in his team. And that wild bull gave me the most problems this time around, especially since most of my team are physical attackers, so Intimidate gave me some grief. But Courage beat that bull down, though not without taking several Horn Attacks. In the end I won, but not without some damage this time around, mainly thanks to Tauros and Raichu, as both were rather speedy. Anyway, after resting at the PC and buying up most of the TMs (I would return later to get the rest), I met up with the Professor in the gardens. I hate to say it, but his speech patterns are starting to annoy me. Too many "yeahs" and "woos" peppered in. But anyway, we told him about what had happened at Aether Paradise and it was time to move onto the next trial. Though before that I meet up with Lillie and helped her get to the library, where we met Miss Cat-Smile, Acerola. There we learned about the legendary beast of Alola from ancient times. Moving on from there, after doing some extra battles and messing around with the Alola-style Gym, I went on ahead to Route 10, pulverizing Team Skull in the process. Time for my next trial!

At the Observatory, I not only learned about the soon-to-be constructed Alola League, but met Molayne, who seems to know something that Kukui doesn't want me to know. Not long after that I met Sophocles and partook in his new and improved trial. Never thought I'd have to face a giant needle mouse for the Totem battle. During that trial, I got insanely lucky. Meowzma's Fire Punch burned Togedemaru on the first strike, helping me out big time by cutting down on the pin cushion's Zing Zap, allowing me to better deal with its SOS partners while the burn whittled away at Togedemaru. Though I stupidly didn't think of teaching Meowzma Bulldoze beforehand, which would've helped make the battle even easier, but I still won without much trouble, mainly thanks to that burn. So I now got two shiny new Z-Crystals, one from Soffy and the other from Big Moe earlier. Time to move on.

Meet Hapu and obtained the Poke Ride Mudsdale, allowing me to explore the next area. After catching a lot of new Mons both here and at Blush Mountain (though I still have yet to find a Dedenne), I took part in the next Mantine Surf spot, netting the top score on the first try. Sweet! I really like this feature, as it makes it much easier for me to grind for BP. I've already gotten over 500 BP from this alone, and I have yet to add in the roughly 300 or so BP stashed away in the bank. I'll be rollin' in BP when the time comes. But anyway, I actually to this opportunity to Mantine Surf back to Melemele Island. I've been wanting a certain new clothing item for some time and I had finally saved up enough to get it. I bought myself the Kommo-o Breastplate, and I intend to by the rest... after I save up some more, since that purchase ate up abut 90% of my funds. But it was worth it. Anyway, back on Ula'ula Island, I ran into Hau and Gladion. Looks like Team Skull is after Cosmog, something that troubles Gladion. That might mean Lillie could be in trouble, or at least later down the road. But anyway, made it to Tapu Village where I met the URS again. After a chat, they left, and I got to explore a bit. Nearly got my can handed to me by a Veteran with some pretty uber Dragon Mons, even though they weren't fully evolved, but I managed to pull out a win. Next stop is the Aether House, where I ran into Acerola, and found out she's the next trial captain. So now it's time to go ghostbusting!

Sheesh, the Ghost trial was creepier than before, especially with that fake Acerola, but once I found the Totem Mimikyu, it was battle time! The Totem itself wasn't too bad, it was its help that gave me grief. Bannette used Curse the first chance it got, helping whittle down Meowzma. While Meowzma managed to KO the Totem, Bannette managed to return the favor, forcing Sveta to take over, which she did, allowing me to win the trial. After that, I did some catching in the trial site, netting myself my newest teammate: Lala the Adamant Mimikyu. Sweet!

Aaaand I had to deal with Team Skull again. They're starting to get annoying. Beat Plumeria and learned that they had snatched a Yungoose, forcing me to go after them... alone. Hau and Lillie didn't like that at all, but what choice do I have? Well, time to head to Po Town to deal with Team Skull. Got the Sharpedo Ride in order to progress and eventually made it to Po Town, where I met Mr. Sunshine, Nanu. I really don't like him, as his constant negativity really drags down the already gloomy area. But it was time to tackle Team Skull and Guzma once again. I must admit I was surprised that the quiz questions this time around were about Plumeria instead of Guzma, but whatever. Time to beat the stuffing out of Guzma. I opened up with Sveta and used her shiny new Z-Move to OHKO Golisopod, followed by Meowzma taking on both Pinser and Masquerain, winning me the battle. With that all done, it's time to return to the Aether House.

My team:

Meowzma (Incineroar, male, 54)
Sveta (Dusk Lycanroc, female, 50)
Solaris (Lurantis, female, 49)
Courage (Golisopod, male, 48)
Lala (Mimikyu, female, 46)
Nightwave (Noivern, male, 48)

Yes, my team is very over-leveled, but I've been cash grinding for a while to build up more funds to purchase the next piece of the Kommo-o outfit, as well as regular items. So they've ended up pretty high leveled, but that'll help me in the long run later on.

Lots of stuff completed today.

So I completed Mina's trial. I like the conversation Hau and Guzma had outside Aether House. I just wish I knew what Hau was going to ask about Golisopod. Anyway, it's disappointing that I didn't battle Acerola, but I did like seeing Nanu, teaching the kids the Z-Move pose for Black Hole Eclipse. :p

Totem Ribombee and Pelipper were a nightmare. It took me 3 or 4 tries to beat them. I was underleveled and of course they gave the thing 2 stat boosts with the aura, there was no way I was winning normally. I had to grind up a bit and give Mimikyu Thunder Wave again, just to beat that thing. Honestly though, it was mainly due to luck. For some reason, on the last re-try, Ribombee just spammed Quiver Dance over and over and didn't use an attacking move once, unlike the other battles where it just swept me without taking any damage. The last time however, my Mimikyu ended up sweeping, after getting a crit with a Play Rough (which had been boosted by Hone Claws) that massively lowered Ribombee's health. I was too petrified of a move missing or something so I finished it off with Let's Snuggle Forever. Then Mimikyu just easily took out the Pelipper. It was so weird; I got swept by the thing like 3 times, then ended up sweeping it with only one Pokemon, thanks to that crit.

The battle with Hapu was much easier. I have a water-type, a grass-type, an ice-type, and a Comfey with a grass-type move. Needless to say, we had few issues. I did like that the had the Alolan Exeggutor run up to watch us battle.

The battle against Gladion was typical. I was only mad because this was the one time I remembered his Zoroark and how he always sent it out disguised as Type:Null and I was prepared for that this time...only for him to send out the real Silvally and save Zoroark for last this time :mad:

I went through Mt. Lanakila and was pleasantly surprised to see trainers in there. I glad since I deperately needed to gain some levels. I even turned the EXP. Share on so we could level up quickly and be ready for the League. I was also surprised to run into...Necrozma...just laying there on the ground. I had no idea it was going to battle me instantly, so in my fear I just tossed a Quick Ball at it, which thankfully worked :p Colress then gave me the devices to merge it with Nebby and Lunala.

I made it to the top of Mt. Lanakila and to my surprise, did not run into Hau. I found that strange since he's been hyping up having a battle with me since the last trial, but...now it make me wonder if I'll be seeing him somewhere else very soon... Well, even with the lack of Hau, I did like the scene of my Popplio popping out of her Poke Ball and sharing a moment with me before going into the league, that was cute :X3: (and it was also this moment I thought we'd battle Hau since he always had his Incineroar out of it's Poke Ball, but nope). Anyway, the final challenge is next.

Did a little more of Episode RR today, but I am really struggling to get onto it. Really just explored a little bit of the labyrinth and fought some grunts. Maybe once I get into it I will find it more interesting, but I am just all grunted out after this game.

I then took in some Battle Royale matches with my specially bred Super Trained Pokemon from X. I used them to clear all the Ranks in Moon, but I can't get by the Normal Rank in Ultra Moon... Strange...

I spent most of today doing more Ultra Warp Riding. This time I found Cresselia, Regirock and Terrakion. I also travelled about 5000 light years and was so gutted that it was just another Sigilyph... Which turned out to be a Shiny! I didn't know whether to feel lucky or not because trust it to be that my second Shiny be one I already had! However, she is so much better in Nature and Stats than the other, even seems great looking using the IV Judge thing (still learning about all this after 20 years hahaha).

Oh yeah, I hatched a bunch of Scatterbug and unlocked the Judge function. Turns out that a lot of the Pokemon I had in past games, like my specially bred and Super Trained monsters from X, aren't actually all that good haha. Although, one of them is now thanks to my one Gold Bottlecap.

Another round of Wormhole hopping and I eventually came across another Shiny, a male Crustle this time. Lying in bed playing and I started yelling "oh my goodness it's green!" My fiancé had no idea what was happening hahaha.

Hopefully catch some more Legendaries and Shinies tomorrow.

Saved the world from Team Rainbow Rocket. In terms of storyline and battles, this is probably the best thing they've done in all of Pokemon. Fighting legendary Pokemon was very interesting and even a Mega Mewtwo. Although Mewtwo was at the same level as Ultra Necrozma, so I did the same thing with Toxic... though it took multiple full restores and revives. I don't tend to use them but I had little choice against an Uber really. I guess fighting a mega Legendary is a fair reason to spam them. Other than Mega Mewtwo, I had the most trouble with Kyogre, though that's when I was a few levels behind. I matched and won easy really, though those Rain Dance Hydro Pumps still hit like a truck. Xerneas was easier than I expected, though it didn't use Geomancy on me. Also, my games are canon cuz of Dialga, Zekrom and Xerneas, lolz. I'm assuming it's the opposites on Moon.

I also beat Red at the Battle Tree, with my final action being going to Haina Desert cuz this site made me realise I hadn't gone. It also explains why I was one Z Crystal short.

Cuz of the Legend fights, my levels are now very lopsided after them all being the same, lol.

Crobat- level 68
Randy Orton the Inciniroar - 68
Lopunny - 67
Akechi the Alolan Raichu - 67
Whimiscott- 66
Miltoic - 71

I guess after this will be post game stuff whenever I can be bothered. It took me a while and I have a backlog to get through. I intend to do the national dex on Bank I need around 100 more dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom