• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reached Hau'oli City today. Got Poke Finder and a few of Ilima's captain stickers. Took pictures to level the Poke Finder up to Lv.3 and WAIT IS THAT A WILD FURFROU?

Unfortunately, it took us too many tries to catch one because my little Pikipek was apparently out for blood and kept KO'ing them. Plus I had to restock on Premier Balls (because Premier Balls). But our Romeo has a good Sp.Def score, so that's a plus.

Sorry, Pikipek, but I think I want you off the team.

I'm baaaaaack! And I'm now the Champion in US. Had to completely reshape my team. Here's the first HOF class

Hazel (Lopunny), level 58
Saki (Passimian), Level 59
Quail (Xatu) level 59
Panther (Persian) level 61
Nettles (Jellicent) level 59
Espina (Togedemaru) level 60

I've captured a shiny Hippowdon (Female) and Yanmega from the Ultra Wormholes so far.

Also, this is what my Pokémon just found at Isle Aphun.

untitled_by_highrollerhydra-dbw3wxq.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty pleased that Gamefreak added more trainers to Mt.Lanakila, now it feels like a traditional victory road imo. And with my final preparations, it's time for the Elite Four!
Acerola was as easy as in SM. Excalibur and Bancho made quick work of her party.
Kahili was harder due to Railgun's Bug typing, but otherwise manageable.
Molayne managed to KO Gaia and Charlotte, so I had to sacrifice two other party members while reviving them.
Olivia was the hardest imo. Somewhere along the way, half of my party were KO'd before her Lycanroc and Gigalith were defeated.
For Hau, I did what I always do and made sure every party member had a chance to fight. Crabominable and Tauros were much more dangerous than I expected though. They were genuinely the most difficult parts of the battle for me.
Once all that was done, the Elite Four greeted us, and we went back to Iki Town for a party. So glad USUM doesn't have a Tapu Koko fight, because the ending cutscenes feel a lot smoother without it. Next up is Rainbow Rocket! ...And finishing the dex.

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.59
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.59
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.59
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.59
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.59
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.59

Last edited:
Status in Ultra Sun;
At the start of the day I was preparing my team for Mina's trial. Knowing what happened during the totem fight in Ultra Moon, I decided to prepare a special team to combat that pesky fairy/bug type Pokémon with Scizor, Magnezone, Metagross, Skarmory for their typing and steel-type moves and Malamar for his topsy-turvy move. The actual fight lasted three rounds with only Scizor seeing action as it dealt out two punches that knocked out the totem. Okay. This is not the apocalypse I was looking for.

I am ending the day after becoming champion and unlocking the judge function, all thanks to my glorious team;
- Primarina (lvl 75)
- Incineroar (lvl 85)
- Decidueye (lvl 79)
- Pikachu (lvl 80)
- Magnezone (lvl 77)
- Tyranitar (lvl 62)

I'm training them to level 100 before taking on Team Turbo Cream, or whatever they are called. Then its filling the Pokédex and spending some time with the ultra worm hole rides.

So, I battled through the E4 and made it all the way to the final battle before losing (I ran out of revives :cry:). I remember there was a leak saying Molayne would be in the E4 and while the change is nice, I'm kind of miffed that he replaced Hala. I have plenty of coverage for fighting-types, but 0 for steel-types (which I know isn't the game's fault, but I'm still salty). I'm also a bit disappointed that once again, neither Nanu nor Hapu were included here, yet they chose to throw Molayne's irrelevant @ss in the lineup. o_O Anyway, I guess I'll try again later. Luckily I made a lot of money off of these guys with the Roto Prize Money boosts I'd stocked up on.

Also, nice to see I was right out Hau being the final challenge. I was wondering if it would be him, and Kukui nearly had me fooled until the last minute. The way they revealed Hau was pretty funny too.

I'm at Aether house.

+Sopcholes' trial was awesome and easily what trials should have been. The Charjabug mingame was ages better than the Mantine one, I would instabuy a Pokemon game with puzzles like that. It had an anticlimatic conclusion with my Incineroar OHKNOing Togedemaru, but I didn't expect much from a Pikaclone. By the way, Am I the only one who thought that the Togemaru was going to become giant after recieving the thunder?
-Since I arrived in Ulaula, the story has been at its worst. There are only a couple changes and they feel very lazy. Characters who needed extra battles like the URS, Gladion and Plumeria didn't got them, and Hau, Hapu and Acerola are goddamn everywhere.

Well, I beat the league. It's so funny, because the battle against Hau wasn't difficult at all. If I'd only had enough revives yesterday, I would have easily beat him. My Persian avoided a Focus Blast from Raichu allowing her to get a Snarl in. That allowed her to survive the second Focus Blast and take Raichu out. Mimikyu weakened Tarous with Charm allowing for Lurantis to take it out with Brick Break. A healed Mimikyu Charmed Incineroar to the max so my Popplio could survive any hits it dished out. I was gonna take it out with Hydro Vortex, but decided to see what a Hydro Pump would do. Lucky for us, it not only landed, but took it out with a crit. Hilariously enough, Ninetales took out Leafeon with a crit Ice Beam the very next turn, so I got 2 1HKO crits in a row :). Comfey took out Crabominable with a single Twinkle Tackle. Lastly Rotom allowed to use another Z-Move so I let Ninetales take out Noivern with Subzero Slammer. It wasn't needed at all, especially since Comfey already hit it with a Dazzling Gleam, but since we haven't gotten to use that Z-Move that much due to how late we get Icium-Z, I thought I may as well use it as the finishing move. And thus I snatched the Champion seat before my buddy Hau could take it :)

Final Team
Yuju the Popplio
Eunha the Alolan Persian
Sowon the Lurantis
Yerin the Comfey
SinB the Alolan Ninetales
Umji the Mimikyu

I liked the credits more than the Sun/Moon's. It was nice to see what everyone was doing after the game's end, as opposed to the still image pictures from last time.

Caught Solgaleo, the Tapus and Nebby. Also went through some wormhole rides but only found 2 Ultra Beasts, 2 Shinines and some vanilla Pokemon. Boring. CBA doing more of it. Got to around 3500 and found no Legends.

Also all these comments mentioning revives... I just accept the loss, opponents don't use revives, why should I? it's 6v6-1, why should I make it ___ vs 8548548545? that's not really winning.

Crobat- level 69
Randy Orton the Inciniroar - 68
Lopunny - 67
Akechi the Alolan Raichu - 67
Whimiscott- 67
Miltoic - 71

Got to Mao's trial, and lost to Lurantis. I don't have a fire-type and my only flying-type is Drifloon. And after that loss, I figured I wouldn't be able to finish this trial unless I had a fire-type or over-leveled my team. My Rockruff has Fire-Fang, but what use is it if it gets one-shotted before it can attack.

Thus, I went back to the Day-Care, received the evolution stone I put off, and evolved my Eevee into Flareon. Thanks to Colress, I taught it Flame Charge right away, and thus I am currently leveling up on route 8. In addition, I caught a Whimpod, for diversity. I'm thinking of rotating pokemon for this game.

With the intention of completing the Alola Pokédex I started to transfer some of the more difficult to get Pokémons from my Sun adventure into Ultra Moon. I then began to undertake the tedious job of sorting the lot into their national Pokédex number with the plan of completing it. There are 14 PC boxes reservated for the 403 Pokémons that will eventually occupy those spaces and right now I have arrived at number #284 (Pancham) with many empty spaces between the start point (Rowlet) and this last one. I pine for some change so I think I"m off leveling up my team in Ultra Sun.

Went through Poni Island, and of course it was then that I finally got a Dusk Stone through Pelago, just before I can just find one in the game -_- Oh well, Murkrow's evolved now so all is well. Also, I do hate that I keep replacing the mons on my team, but Jellicent was somehow just rubbish so I replaced it with a Mienfoo from Vast Poni Canyon, since I was kinda lacking in the Fighting-type department anyway. And I really like Mienfoo, I decided to not use it at first cause it appears so late but now that I've already changed my team so many times I don't really mind anymore.

DId the whole altar thing, fought against Necrozma-Solgaleo, while being surprised that this was one of the easiest battles in the game. Only then to face Ultra Necrozma and sobbing. I like battles being hard, but there's a difference between hard and impossible, damn. I tried two times but wasn't able to even move before getting my whole team wiped out in one hit. Decided to give all my mons max affection so they sometimes avoid moves/survive on one HP, and put a Focus Sash on Furfrou so it could at least Thunder Wave the thing. Was then able to take it down slowly when it wasn't able to attack. Happy a Focus Sash exists though and you get one before this battle, or else I would've just ragequit probably, this wasn't any fun at all :/

Now I'm stuck being addicted to the Ultra Wormhole minigame. It's harder than I thought, but the promise of shinies keeps making me try again and again. And the lvl60 wild mons are good for training. Also decided to turn on the Exp. Share again, I've been having a lot of trouble with battles in the game and I've heard that Rainbow Rocket is pretty hard too, and I do want to be able to beat them with my own team of mons.

The team:
  • Kimi (Masquerain) Lvl.50
  • Kuro (Honchkrow) Lvl.49
  • Aiko (Alolan Marowak) Lvl.50
  • Perun (Dedenne) Lvl.50
  • Maeve (Furfrou, regular pattern) Lvl.49
  • Jai (Mienfoo) Lvl.48

Actually, I changed my mind about Rainbow Rocket. I started the episode, but quickly lost interest unfortunately >>
So yeah, I've been working on the dex since beating the game a couple of days ago. Caught a pair of Blacephalon with Hau and the URS and went home. Ran into Sina and Dexio while exploring Poni Island, caught Zygarde and battled Dexio again to create one with Power Construct. And because I had an opportunity, I evolved my OT Rockruff into Lycanroc and collected the other world's Cosmog.
I've also been hunting UBs via the Ultra Wormhole. It's a fun minigame imo - the furthest I've traveled was 3586 light years. My favourite world has to be Guzzlord's because of the whole ruined alternate Hau'Oli city aesthetic. Second place goes to Buzzwole's because of that funky bgm. Still no shinies though

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.70
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.70
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.70
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.70
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.70
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.70

Went through Poni Island, and of course it was then that I finally got a Dusk Stone through Pelago, just before I can just find one in the game -_-

I'm not sure if it's a version thing, but you can actually buy a Dusk Stone in the Malie Community Center. The little boy sells one for 3,000 poke. I know you've already evolved your Murkrow, but for future reference :D Dusk Stone evolutions can happen as early as Ula'ula.

DId the whole altar thing, fought against Necrozma-Solgaleo, while being surprised that this was one of the easiest battles in the game. Only then to face Ultra Necrozma and sobbing. I like battles being hard, but there's a difference between hard and impossible, damn. I tried two times but wasn't able to even move before getting my whole team wiped out in one hit. Decided to give all my mons max affection so they sometimes avoid moves/survive on one HP, and put a Focus Sash on Furfrou so it could at least Thunder Wave the thing. Was then able to take it down slowly when it wasn't able to attack. Happy a Focus Sash exists though and you get one before this battle, or else I would've just ragequit probably, this wasn't any fun at all :/

Same thing here! My Decidueye one-shotted Dawn Wings Necrozma with his signature Z-Move, but Ultra Necrozma was a different story. I had to paralyze it too, with my Raichu, in order to stand a chance (Pokemon Refresh helped a lot as well).

Now I'm stuck being addicted to the Ultra Wormhole minigame. It's harder than I thought, but the promise of shinies keeps making me try again and again. And the lvl60 wild mons are good for training. Also decided to turn on the Exp. Share again, I've been having a lot of trouble with battles in the game and I've heard that Rainbow Rocket is pretty hard too, and I do want to be able to beat them with my own team of mons.

Same again! That's why I had to comment hehe-we seem to have similar mindsets about certain things. Ultra Warp Riding is pretty fun, but also difficult even with the control pad as the controller. I've only encountered one Shiny and several legends, but you're right-the level 60 opponents do provide nice EXP. I've also recently turned on my EXP Share (which I never do) in preparation for Rainbow Rocket

I faced off against Ultra Necrozma in Ultra Moon. He's still a pain in the neck.

To beat him this time, I used my A-Marowak, and let Necrozma knock him out with his power gem, which was disabled as a result. Then I had my opening, so I sent out my Incineroar and took down Necrozma with a Z-move and Darkest Lariat.

Okay, here's what I've got in the shiny box: Hippowdon (Female), Yanmega and Magcargo.

I'm not sure if it's a version thing, but you can actually buy a Dusk Stone in the Malie Community Center. The little boy sells one for 3,000 poke. I know you've already evolved your Murkrow, but for future reference :D Dusk Stone evolutions can happen as early as Ula'ula.

After doing some research, it seems it's version exclusive, it's a Shiny Stone in Sun. Also read you won't be able to buy it until you reach Poni Island? So I'm better off with the free one anyway :p

Got the Pokerus in US! Woo! Now I'm training some new team members before I head into the RR story.

Got to Konikoni City in UM. Team is mostly complete, much more balanced than my US team.

I've been power leveling my squad since yesterday, all six have a lucky egg and I'm gobbling up those Rotom Experience Booster faster than you can say " Shut up Rotom, I just made a save game already!". My Machamp and Scizor are level 100 and are kept in the PC box until the rest is ready. Primarina, Garchomp and Raichu are following closely at 94, Tyranitar is at 86 and Decidueye at 88. The sixth sloth I use to evolve new Pokémon for my Pokédex that is coming along nicely with 360 Pokémon registered (89%).

I also tried the wormhole mini game a few times, my most note-worthy catch is an Azelf, two Xurkitree and one Celesteela. The controls I find a bit wacky, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom