• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started Ultra Moon; I chose Popplio as my starter, defeated Hau and rescued Nebby. Going to battle Hau for the second time.
-Current team
Popplio: Lv. 6

So, in Hau'oli City those Team Skull nitwits don't waste much time showing up, but we sent them packing.

North, upon arriving at that Pokemon Center we discovered that NPC willing to trade her Hawlucha. YES PLEASE. It also turns out I was maybe slightly overleveled for the Totem Pokemon battle (four Mons, Lv.12-14) and while it was definitely not as epic as my original team back in Sun, it was still fun all the same.

Afterwards, we added a Noibat to the party (and is it just me, or is Noivern highly comparable to a Yian Garuga in Monster Hunter?) because we gotta have one eventually.

Other than that, did a bit of Wonder Trading here and there with some spare Pokemons. Interesting results were an Alolan Grimer hatched in a Beast Ball, a Zorua , a Tyrunt WAIT WE CAN CATCH ZORUA NOW?

*zips over to the Trainer's school and refuses to leave until catching a few*

Last edited:
Yesterday I caught a Palkia in the Ultra Wormhole. I don't have a use for it so its filling up a spot in the PC box very nicely. Some of my Pokémons have reached level 100 including my starter Primarina who has received hyper training with a gold bottle cap to celebrate. The last one I want to bring to 100 is Decidueye who is only 2 levels away from that goal. Poipole seems an interesting choice too, that is, if I can get it to evolve. A poison / dragon type sounds like a good addition to my party.

Edit;
Got Naganadel and Ampharos added to the Pokédex, now at 92% (371).

Last edited:
I finished the Rainbow Rocket story just now. I have to say, it was great. Super challenging, but still great. Probably the best post game we've had in years. Seeing all of the past villains talking about their goals in the worlds they came from was great. The confrontation between Ghetsis and Colress was particularly nice. I had a great moment in the battle against Ghetsis as well. I only had my Ninetales left against Zekrom and the damn thing just barely survived her Subzero Slammer. But thank goodness she toughed the hit from its Bolt Strike and was able to win. Another nice moment came when I only had my Mimikyu left against Giovanni's Mewtwo. Thankfully it Mega Evolved into Mega Mewtwo-X meaning Mimikyu's Let's Snuggle Forever was super effective. And the move straight up one shot it. I didn't expect it to do that much, but thankfully it did. Overall it was a wonderful nostalgic experience. :D

Well, our first Gladion battle did not disappoint. Team's still a little overleveled (only by 1 or 2 levels though).
First up was my Zorua (as Dartrix) versus his Zubat. OR SHOULD I SAY HIS ZORUA. I completely did not see that coming.
And then there was the Water trial....
They moved the trial gate? Aww, I like how the original form it was sort of a stealth trial (and you could most definitely catch a Wishiwashi or two early). And the new Totem Pokemon isn't as impressive -- though it still put up a darn good fight, even a lowly Bubble was doing a lot of damage to me.
And then back at Paniola Ranch...
Fought Dulse and his ... Poipole? Umm, okay. Apparently it has Beast Boost but we Confided its Sp.Atk down to a manageable level and wore it out.

Last edited:
--The climax was pure crap. My biggest disappointment with the game. If I had to rate it from 1 to 10, I'd give it a -5.
It's the same "battle the legendary" thing from SM, just that it happens twice with a lot of fluff added. No Ultra Beasts expansion, No drama with Alola's light gone (you are pretty much forced to solve it immediately) and the less said about Megalopolis the better. I don't care at all about Necrozma, seeing this is its first appearance and I don't feel sorry for him. Ultra Necrozma wasn't even that challenging, it got 3HKNO by Mimikyu. And Lusamine & Lillie's tensions were more or less resolved off screen. The only good thing was meeting the other URS guys, but the whole thing can be cleared in 15 minutes.
++Mina's trial on the other hand almost makes up for it. It's not perfect and it has no puzzles but there is something fun in going through the region again, having some references to both the past and the future. Also, it's nice that no one brought up that terrible climax, it's like we all agree it sucked and made an agreement to never talk about it.
+Hapu's battle was better timed now, and I liked how it took place in a very representative location in Poni.
+I thought people were exaggerating about Mt Lanakila, but no, it does feel like a Victory Road. I would've added a room or two, but it's nice that they cared.
It was nice to battle Necrozma here, even if he brought back bad memories from 5 hours ago.

It is done. WIth the evolving of Golett into Golurk have I completed the Alola Pokédex! I have every Pokémon sorted on Pokédex number in PC boxes, including some of the Ultra Beasts and the island guardians I have imported from the Pokémon Bank (originally caught in Pokémon Sun and Moon). Now where's my shiny charm?

When you receive your shiny charm do you also get a Pokémon Nurse outfit. This is when your player character is a girl.

Right now I think I'll bread a few dozen Baltoys and Goletts then spread them through Wonder trade just because those are so hard to get.

Last edited:
It is done. WIth the evolving of Golett into Golurk have I completed the Alola Pokédex! I have every Pokémon sorted on Pokédex number in PC boxes, including some of the Ultra Beasts and the island guardians I have imported from the Pokémon Bank (originally caught in Pokémon Sun and Moon). Now where's my shiny charm?

Same place as in Sun and Moon. Go to the GAME FREAK office and talk to the game director. After he's given you the appropriate stamps, he'll give you the Shiny Charm. And something extra to go with it, too...

Welp, the Fire Totem just outright wrecked my team. Time to shuffle the roster and train up more.

Okay, so we caught the four Kartanas around Ula'ula island. It definitely took some strategy considering these are physical-attack oriented UBs with a +2 attack boost. Toss in one Intimidate Luxray, my trusty Featherdancing Oricorio, and my Talonflame for the burn and they weren't so hard after that. But holy miltank are these paper things vulnerable to special attacks....

After that, Nanu challenged us to a fight and, wow, my team wasn't quite ready for that. Glaring weaknesses to Rock (speedy Power Gem Persian) and/or Ground (almost-as-speedy Earthquake Krookodile) aside, we did scrape a victory out of this one though.

Also, now I discover that Confide can hit through Protect/Detect, which is awesome.

Got my main band of misfts up to level 100!

I am now starting to battle at the Battle Tree. Just as hard as ever. I forgot that trading Pokemon resets the friendship value, so anything I had with Return I had to suck up to with hugs, kisses, massages, Malasada dishes, and lots of walks to get the friendship level back up to its maximum setting. Three Pokemon had to go through the kissing up treatment- Daisy the Stoutland, Sheena the Salamence, and Ferdinand the Tauros. Spoiled rotten.

I also bred my Own Tempo Rockruff to get an Adamant-natured Lycanroc Dusk form. I managed to get one and named her Francie- a name I usually reserve for my female Charizard but I already traded a Charizard into Ultra Sun named Francesca so I thought I'd use it for this pup. The cry of Dusk Lycanroc was... interesting. You had the natural growl of the Midday Lycanroc and the natural howl of the Middnight Lycanroc. Dusk Lycanroc sounds like a glitched electronic. But damn, do I love the Lycanroc Z-move! I'll be using her for my Sandstorm team.

Completed the Alola Pokédex this morning - the last Pokémon I caught were the Tapu as a grand finale of sorts. I might be tempted to finally do RR, just to get it out of the way. On the other hand, I kinda don't want to force myself to play through the episode just for the sake of completing it. ...Hmm, what to do... :confused:
Either way, I'll be breeding a box worth of eggs to send to WT during the holidays.

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.75
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.75
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.75
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.75
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.75
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.75+

On Monday, I was running around in Malie Garden, looking for Kukui when I ran into an Araquanid. A purple and black Araquanid.

O HAI THERE, SHINY SPOODER! Say hi to the nice Quick Ball and stay inside! It did, thank Primus. I named him Spinister and he's already my new best friend.

Currently, I'm about to hit Po Town and deal with Team (numb) Skull.
My team (* denotes shiny):

Golurk* (Youmeikibow) - Adamant/Iron Fist level 46
Araquanid* (Spinister) male - Naive/Water Bubble level 46
Electivire (Loki) male - Lonely/Motor Drive level 46
Incineroar (Infernocus) female - Quirky/Blaze level 46
Tyrantrum* (Grimlock) male - Adamant/Strong Jaw level 46
Lucario* male - Calm/Steadfast level 46

I've been raising my team as equally as possible, so it's been slow going. But I'm hoping to take on the Grand Trial either today or tomorrow. Wish me luck.

+/- The league was ok. It was quite easy as I 2HKNO everything, Acerola specially was a walk in the park. But I'm not angry, I admit I was overprepared.
++ I don't know why people are complaining about the credits, they were awesome imo.
The nice images were replaced by actual cutscenes. I know the images were good, but...aren't we complaining about the lack of changes elsewhere? And the cutscenes were very appropiate.
The party was much shorter!
There wasn't any crappy last-minute battle. I hope that trend never comes back.
Dancing totems!

Got through Sophocles's trial and Acerola's trial.

Died five times to Togedemaru and three times to Mimikyu. If it wasn't for my overleveled Dusk Lycanroc, I'd have been stuck.

So im trying to beat ultra nectrozma and BOY is it tough. I looked up a video of somone using a lvl 55 zorark and beating him with two foul plays. he sucked up 2 photon geysers because he is dark type and i have a malamar with foul play so i tought that maybye i could mimic him. i treid but for some reason I GOT HIT BY THE GEYSER. now two things that could have caused this: 1 the fact my malamar has contrary, i read the entire bulbapedia desc of contary and it didn't say anything on types. 2 the fact malamar is a psychic type, this one is a bit weird but i think it might have to do with the fact that he is a psychic type. i have no clue and now im sad (n) #FixMalamar

Last edited:
Got through Sophocles's trial and Acerola's trial.

Died five times to Togedemaru and three times to Mimikyu. If it wasn't for my overleveled Dusk Lycanroc, I'd have been stuck.
That adorable pic tho

Hm, I fought Ultra Necrozma in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon without any special preperations or tactic and none of the two battles I found impossible or even hard.

I've been focusing on levelling up my festival plaza rank in both US and UM. In Ultra Moon its now level 57 with these facilities;
- Kanto Tent (5 star)
- Battle Store (3 star)
- Big Dreams lottery (5 star)
- Friendship Café (2 star)
- Rare kitchen (4 star)
- Treasure hunt lottery (5 star)
- Thump-Bump Park (3 star)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom