• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Mistralton City in White 2, Skyla is the next gym and I'm not sure how I want to approach battling her. I have a team that is pretty weak in defenses towards hers, but my Pignite somehow had Wild Charge as a move when it hatched as a Tepig. I think I must have taught an Emboar in another BW/B2W2 game the move. I also taught the Pignite the move Attract, and I think Skyla's team are all female. So I'll slow the offenses with Attract and use Wild Charge to take the stupid birds down (except for Skarmory, I'll use Flame Charge / Flamethrower on it). Decisions, decisions.

I caught a Tynamo, is that Pokemon worth anything?

Well, it's a Pokémon with no weaknesses, so it could very well be worth keeping. Just make sure to check Tynamo/Eelektrik's level up movesets: since their last evolution is a stone evolution, you could end up losing moves you want if you evolve it too soon.

I started up a playthrough of Omega Ruby this week. I've beaten Brawly, who was really easy thanks to Ralts, and I've already got my team decided on. I'm sad they removed Dewford cave and just made it one room :( I'm actually surprised that a lot of changes were put in over the original RSE. Am in Slateport now doing some grinding before completing the rest of the story in the city.

My team so far

Ken (Combusken)
Lorelai (Ralts)
Feng-Tian (Nuzleaf)
Ixion (Electrike)

True, but I'm still unsure why they locked out what was the standard cave as an optional area now. Maybe I'll find out later.
They didn't. Technically, they just shrunk the cave down to make the mandatory section easier to navigate and prevent you from delivering the Letter to Steven before defeating Brawly.

I'm in Mistralton City in White 2, Skyla is the next gym and I'm not sure how I want to approach battling her. I have a team that is pretty weak in defenses towards hers, but my Pignite somehow had Wild Charge as a move when it hatched as a Tepig. I think I must have taught an Emboar in another BW/B2W2 game the move. I also taught the Pignite the move Attract, and I think Skyla's team are all female. So I'll slow the offenses with Attract and use Wild Charge to take the stupid birds down (except for Skarmory, I'll use Flame Charge / Flamethrower on it). Decisions, decisions.

I didn't use Tynamo at all. I just took advantage of Attract/Wild Charge on my Pignite for Swanna and Skarmory, and female Krokorok for Swoobat.

I'm in Lentimas Town now. I caught a Fraxure in another B/W game and transferred it over. It would be awesome to have a mold breaker Fraxure, but I don't have enough patience to try to catch one. Eventually I'll be heading toward Opulecid City once I level up my team more.

Current team:

Fraxure, female, level 40
Serperior, male, level 36
Lucario, male, level 32
Pignite, male, level 35
Dewott, male, level 35
Zoroark, male, level 32

I'm going to rotate out one of the male Pokemon with my female Krokorok for the battle against Dreyden. I'll take him down with Attract lol

During my post-game grinding in White, my whole team is now at level 67. I'll try to get everyone to their low 70s before challenging the Pokémon League.

And @IncineROAR, speaking of Mold Breaker Haxorus, I'm having a fun time using mine. Even though I forgot to teach it Bulldoze before the battle with Ghetsis to use a super effective move on his Eelektross, the big reason why I wanted Mold Breaker in the first place, I've been having fun in using Earthquake on a Rotom at the Royal Unova a couple times already.

During my post-game grinding in White, my whole team is now at level 67. I'll try to get everyone to their low 70s before challenging the Pokémon League.

And @IncineROAR, speaking of Mold Breaker Haxorus, I'm having a fun time using mine. Even though I forgot to teach it Bulldoze before the battle with Ghetsis to use a super effective move on his Eelektross, the big reason why I wanted Mold Breaker in the first place, I've been having fun in using Earthquake on a Rotom at the Royal Unova a couple times already.

If I'm bored enough tonight, I'll look for one in Pokemon Black and then transfer it over.

Just recently beat Wattson and Maxie, though he was a little difficult since I don't have a water type on my team yet. Getting ready to take on Flannery now. I've been really flying through this game haha

Current team
  • Ixion (Manectric) - lvl. 26
  • Lorelai (Kirlia) - lvl. 26
  • Feng-Tian (Nuzleaf) - lvl. 27
  • Ken (Combusken) - lvl. 30

I didn't use Tynamo at all. I just took advantage of Attract/Wild Charge on my Pignite for Swanna and Skarmory, and female Krokorok for Swoobat.

I'm in Lentimas Town now. I caught a Fraxure in another B/W game and transferred it over. It would be awesome to have a mold breaker Fraxure, but I don't have enough patience to try to catch one. Eventually I'll be heading toward Opulecid City once I level up my team more.

Current team:

Fraxure, female, level 40
Serperior, male, level 36
Lucario, male, level 32
Pignite, male, level 35
Dewott, male, level 35
Zoroark, male, level 32

I'm going to rotate out one of the male Pokemon with my female Krokorok for the battle against Dreyden. I'll take him down with Attract lol

My Krokorok evolved into Krookodile and I took down all 3 of Drayden's dragons with her. Attract + Swagger, she just charmed them to death. Literally.

I also took down Marlon fairly easily. Serperior is a powerhouse. Now I'm chasing Team Plasma all over the place.

So I got a jump-start on my second US run (there was a last-minute change of plans, so I ended up with a free day). Started out with a female(!) Poppilo on the first pick. Named her Mero (three guesses where that name comes from) and she's got a Hardy nature, which I'm fine with, as I can customize her to my needs better. Note that I would've been fine with a male, I just got really lucky. Anyway, battled Hau, rescued Nebby, met Tapu Koko, and partook in the festival. Despite catching a fair few Mons, Mero pretty much soloed everything up until getting the Rotom Dex and entering the Pokemon Center. Then I traded over two eggs (one I bred, one was a mystery, especially since it was in a Love Ball), with the first one hatching into a female Rockruff with both a Jolly nature and Own Tempo (and, surprisingly, she inherited her father's ball, which was a Moon Ball, since I just learned afterward that breeding the same species together, despite formes, gives an equal chance of inheriting either parent's ball, which, in this case, was a male Midday Lycanroc I got way back via Wonder Trade and a female Tough Claws Lycanroc), while the second egg turned out to be a female Bunneary with both a Jolly nature and her hidden ability of Limber AND an egg move. Must've gotten that egg off the Wonder Trade at one point, since I don't recall any Bunneary/Loppunny I own in Love Balls, but whatever. Named them Sveta and Lanolin, respectively (though that means half my team are girls, though Lanolin won't be permanent). I had to stop at that point for other things, but I'll start up again tomorrow. So my current team consists of Mero, Sveta, and Lanolin. Next time, off to the Trainer's School, where I'll school them instead! *grins evilly*

Since my last update I've picked up Norman and Winona's badges and am in the Magma hideout. Will probably speed through Liza and Tate to get dive so I can go after the water type I want for my team.

Current team
  • Ixion (Manectric) - lvl. 40
  • Lorelai (Gardevoir) - lvl. 41
  • Feng-Tian (Shiftry) - lvl. 40
  • Ken (Blaziken) - lvl. 39
  • Wyvern (VIbrava) - lvl. 43

My White playthrough ended today with me taking on Alder, and then Cynthia as a final bonus boss. I ended up sweeping Cynthia, though, by setting up six Quiver Dances with my Lilligant and then OHKOing her whole team with Own Tempo Petal Dance.

My final team:
* Samurott (Torrent, lvl. 73)
* Zebstrika (Motor Drive, lvl. 73)
* Lilligant (Own Tempo, lvl. 74 (73 in HoF))
* Krookodile (Moxie, lvl. 73)
* Archeops (Defeatist, lvl. 73)
* Haxorus (Mold Breaker, lvl. 73)

I'm now staring a playthrough of HeartGold (with Cyndaquil as my starter), with the dearest of hopes that I don't end up losing this file like I've lost several already...

Felt a bit nostalgic for Sinnoh, so I decided to dig up my DSi and start up a new Platinum file. I'm currently in Team Galactic's Eterna HQ, but I'll save it for tomorrow morning so Budew can evolve. Also time-travelled to last Friday to capture the Drifloon outside Valley Windworks. The 24 hour lock won't be much of a hindrance since I won't be doing the daily events.

Current team:
  • Monferno (Charlotte) lv.21
  • Budew (Haru) lv.20
  • Shellos (Anaspidea) lv.19
  • Drifloon (Reaper) lv.20

Been a while since I gave an update, so here it is.

Since last time I've beaten the Normal, Fighting, Water, Fire, and Grass trials in fairly quick succession (baring recharge breaks). The Water and Grass trials in particular was total cakewalks. In the Water trial, I used a Beak Blast-powered Supersonic Skystrike with my freshly evolved Vulcan the Toucannon before the Totem could even react, ending the battle in one swift motion. While the Grass trial was also easy thanks to my newly evolved Homura the Alolan Marowak and his tutored Fire Punch (plus pinching the Thick Club from the Totem Marowak in the Fire trial made it even easier). The Totem didn't stand a ghost of a chance. *badum-tish* *hears Kricketots* Ahem... anyway, moving on. I spent some time catching and training for Olivia's trial, with Mero evolving into her final form just short of the Grass trial (seems to happen a lot with me, as my starter always evolves just before Mallow's trial in every Alola game I play).

I sadly had to box Nightwave the Noibat and Kazap the Magneton, as they were starting to lag behind and were not pulling their weight much (Kazap in particular surprised me, as even when it had type advantage it struggled). I got myself a Passimian named Zaboomafoo so I'd have a Fighting type ready for the Rock trial (I did have a Hariyama, but I boxed him as well, as he was lagging behind the rest of the team like Noibat and Magneton). I also traded over a mystery egg which hatched into a female Alolan Sandshrew with Slush Rush (I'm guessing she was a leftover from an earlier breeding project, and who knows what else are in those eggs sitting in my Moon version), who I named Glimmer (it was the best I could come up with, as she kinda stumped me). So after meeting Faba for the first time (I REALLY don't like him, and not just because of his post-game actions) and dealing with Plumeria, it was Olivia battle time. She actually gave me a bit of trouble. While Mero curbstomped her first Mon, Glimmer struggled against Lileep (it didn't help that Lileep got a very ill-timed power boost from Ancient Power right off the bat), but Glimmer managed to tough it out and win. Then it was a duel of the Lycanrocs: Sveta the Dusk Lycanroc VS Olivia's Midnight Lycanroc. While Olivia's managed to get a Continental Crush out, Sveta held her ground and eventually won, winning me the trial. So now it's off to meet Faba again (blegh), but I think I'll grind for cash at the hotel for a bit (20,000 a day for tossing a few sea cucumber Mons is a sweet deal), plus I still have some Mons to catch (plus I'm in NO hurry to meet with Faba, as he can wait until I'm done doing my thing). My team is as followed:

Primarina (Mero, female, 38)
Dusk Lycanroc (Sveta, female, 35)
Toucannon (Vulcan, male, 34)
Alolan Marowak (Homura, male, 32)
Alolan Sandshrew (Glimmer, female, 28)
Passimian (Zaboomafoo, male, 25)

I also noticed something interesting about my team. All of them, baring Mero, are in Johto balls (Moon for Sveta, Level for both Vulcan and Glimmer, Friend for Homura, and Fast for Zaboo). Considering I kinda don't care for the Johto balls (I find them too overspecialized, though I do find the Friend and Level balls mildly useful), I somehow ended up with nearly an entire team in them. I kinda wonder how that happened. *shrugs* Oh, well, guess it's another riddle for the ages. Anyway. that's the update for now. Until next time.

I beat the league in White 2. Iris went down the easiest, I'm really bad at planning out my teams.

My final league team:

Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Krookodile
Lucario
Haxorus

I beat the league in White 2. Iris went down the easiest, I'm really bad at planning out my teams.

My final league team:

Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Krookodile
Lucario
Haxorus
I personally prefer not using Pokémon traded from other games, especially other starters, since I feel that'll just put your "regular" starter in the risk of being overshadowed by them, but that may just be me.

As for my brand-new HeartGold playthrough, I've reached Azalea Town, taken down Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well, and beaten Bugsy. I also accidentally ended up battling Silver before Bugsy, but whatever. My Mareep got KO'd during the rival battle, so I actually chose to use one of the two Max Revives I had found while searching for Fossils at Ruins of Alph in order for her to get the experience she deserved. And it was worth it, since she ended up evolving into Flaaffy as a result. My Zubat ended up learning Wing Attack during the Gym battle, just when I took down Bugsy's Scyther, so it didn't see any use there, as Quilava was able to handle the rest. Next up, heading into Ilex Forest to get HM01, and then to it's on to Goldenrod, where I'm going to be spending a lot of fun time!

Beat Liza and Tate in 2 turns, which was a little sad, but oh well. Got the dive HM and acquired the last member of my team and evolved my Vibrava. Doing some grinding before I take on team Magma in the Seafloor Cave.
  • Leviathan (Relicanth) - lvl. 33
  • Ixion (Manectric) - lvl. 41
  • Lorelai (Gardevoir) - lvl. 41
  • Feng-Tian (Shiftry) - lvl. 42
  • Ken (Blaziken) - lvl. 40
  • Wyvern (Flygon) - lvl. 45

I'm just about to face Byron after levelling everyone up to lv.42. Roselia and Scyther can still pull their weight in battle, so I'm holding off their evolutions for the time being. Once I get the Mine Badge I'll make a detour to Fuego Ironworks.

Current team
  • Infernape (Wonsungi) lv.42
  • Roselia (Kaitou) lv.42
  • Gastrodon (Anaspidea) lv.42
  • Drifblim (Reaper) lv.42
  • Gabite (Qinglong) lv.42
  • Scyther (Lan Fan) lv.42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom