1. Interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff? See details here.
  2. Updated: The forums are going to be down this weekend (tentatively Saturday the 26th) for maintenance as we upgrade the software to XenForo 2. Particularly of note is that blogs are going to be removed for the time being, but we are getting a lot of new features with the upgrade.

For more details, see this thread.

The Official Video Game Help Thread!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Inc.' started by dig, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Captain Hawlucha

Captain Hawlucha Member

Blog Posts:
    ok, I paid off my first loan (not the down payment), but Nook is only talking about expanding.

2. Juliko

Juliko The #1 Deerling Fan!

Blog Posts:
    This isn't totally related to video games, but it involves consoles. Now that the Wii U is being discontinued, is the Wii U's Virtual Console/eShop still operational? Can you still buy games from the Wii U's eShop?

3. Scarlet Sky

Scarlet Sky Violet Detector

Blog Posts:
    For the time being, yes.

4. Returnofmastercrazyhand

Returnofmastercrazyhand One Who Rebels Against Authority

Blog Posts:
    You can still buy from the wii's shop too, as well as dlc compatible games as the games with dlc had private wifi servers
    So I reckon that the wii u shop will be open for a while if the wii shop isn't dead yet either

5. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    I'm planning to sell my Wii.
    I just noticed that it happened to be the Nintendo 25th Anniversary edition and came with Wii Sports and Super Mario Bros.
    It has the GameCube slots on the top.

For how much should I sell it/what is my console's value? People at eBay are selling it on an average $100

6. Captain Hawlucha

Captain Hawlucha Member

Blog Posts:
    I want to sell my Animal Crossing town and start a new one, but what will happen to the Public Works Projects? I know the list of unbuilt projects will be carried over, but what about the ones I already built? Can I pick them from the list immediately or do I have to do the whole ocean trick again? Also, what happens to the items I obtained from depositing a certain amount of bells in the ABD?

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. CakeFairyForever

CakeFairyForever Idea's Apostle

Blog Posts:
    I'm replaying Fire Emblem Awakening and this time I'm trying to pair up everyone based on how it would benefit the child instead of just whose support conversations I like. Any recommendations on who to pair with Panne so I can get a good outcome for Yarne?

8. yoyokira

yoyokira everything is better with explosions

Blog Posts:
    $80-$150 is a fair price range.
    considering it's limited edition, you could try to sell it for more.

PkmnTrainerV likes this.
  9. SpikOriundo

SpikOriundo Apricorn Collector

Blog Posts:
    I have a question console-related, I believe this would be a good place.
    So, I got into hardcoring Pokémon a bit more recently. The first Nintendo console I actually bought was in November, which was my 2DS for Pokémon Sun.
    Anyway, I'm looking to buy a DS, to play the older games. Yes, I know the 2DS plays them as well, but to transfer the older Pokémon to recent games you need two DSs, and an old DS Lite would be amazing.
    However, I live in Brazil; this means piracy runs rampant, and it's quite hard to find something that was not pirated, or was unlocked. I'm being kinda dumb wanting to have everything original, but anyways, that's not the point.
    What I want to know is: what are the effects of a R4 Card on a DS? If I just ignore it and don't use it, will it run like it ran originally? If I were to buy one that had used a R4 Card before and not use it, would it activate some kind of anti-piracy detector on part of the DS, or sumthing?
    I tried googling it, but the DS is old, so all the questions were about the R4 for the 3DS.

10. Returnofmastercrazyhand

Blog Posts:
    ds plays all r4 cards as so long as it's not a dsi.

11. SpikOriundo

Blog Posts:
    That... wasn't my question...

12. Returnofmastercrazyhand

Blog Posts:
    My point is that all flashcarts work on an og ds, so you're fine

13. SpikOriundo

Blog Posts:
    Oh, okay. It wasn't that clear. For me, anyways.

14. Crystal Onix

Crystal Onix ❤ Fluorite & Gypsums

Blog Posts:
    This isn't strictly in the opening post, but there's a game I can't remember the title of and it's been bugging me. Hopefully someone knows this game.

I remember seeing it in the late '90s, so it's from that time at the latest, and was for PC. It's a space-based RTS with simple graphics. The background is mostly black, empty space, and your ships are just triangular outlines, white for one player, red for the other, and the outlines are varying sizes for different classes of ships. All the ships generally look similar to the ship out of Asteroids, but shots fired from the ships are somewhat more elongated than those in Asteroids. Before you start a game, in the mission select screen, you can choose a premade scenario (one of which I remember being called warpin) or build your own by choosing how many of each kind of ship each side gets. I remember some of the ships' names being dragon, shrike, wyvern, hydra, space station and star base. The first 4 I think were small fighter-like ships and the latter 2 being large and immobile.

15. Meta Boss

Meta Boss A real hardcore Pokéfan!

Blog Posts:
    Greetings. I own a regular 2DS. I am thinking of upgrading it to a New 2ds XL, and I really like the design, big screens and more powerful processor.

But there is one issue that concerns me, since a lot of people online have it apparently: the hinges are more loose and wobbly compared to other models. Some people also claim the console is quite fragile overall.

So my question is: are those wobbly hinge issues with every console, or only with some?

Should those issues worry me, or are people exagerating?

16. Juliko

Juliko The #1 Deerling Fan!

Blog Posts:
    Random question about the Wii Shop's eventual closure: Is it possible to transfer games to the Wii U digitally that aren't available on the Wii U's eShop from the Wii? Because I have games on the Wii section that you can't get on the Wii U eShop such as Secret of Mana, Harvest Moon: My Little Shop, and Pokemon Puzzle League. I don't really know how this works, and I want to make sure I don't lose those games if I ever decide to transfer them over. But if it turns out they don't transfer over, I'm keeping them on the Wii function.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.