• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Video Game Help Thread!

Reaction score
Hello, this is a thread for people to post gaming questions, such as how to get an item, what to do next, if you're looking for gaming recommendations, if a game is available on a console etc. Ask away!

I'd encourage people to post what game their playing, their question, and the console

When answering, either quote the question or mention the user using:
Code:
@InsertUserNameHere

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Zombie Game

Dead island and the Walking Dead are both a pretty amazing zombie game. Are there any other similar games?

Dead island and the Walking Dead are both a pretty amazing zombie game. Are there any other similar games?

Just so you know I've merged your thread with our game help thread since it was more of a question and fits fine here.

Re: Best Zombie Game

Well there's the The Last of Us which isn't exactly zombies but they are pretty close. The game is incredible, as a lover of the two games you mentioned I would definitely recommend TLoU if you liked them. Also there's The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct which is a game made by the makers of the Walking Dead. You play as Daryl from the the tv show. It's had a lot of bad reviews and it's not gonna win awards for sure but I played it not long ago and it's not bad. If you like zombie games you'll like Survival Instinct.

There's also Undead Nightmare which was the sequel to Red Dead Redemption (though you don't really need to have played Red Dead to get it) It's pretty cheap, not a big game as it was only meant as a form of bonus material really but having played it I would recommend it.

As RainbowSkittles mentioned the Resident Evil franchise would appeal to you too. My personal favourites are Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil Revelations

If you like more casual light hearted slasher games there's also Lollipop Chainsaw. I've played all the games above and would recommend them all.

Mmm... not sure if this will fly here, but I do have two game-specific questions that I cannot figure out to save my life.

Samurai Warriors 4
PS4

Does anybody know how to unlock the "Rank 4"/ Legendary weapons for the custom characters? I have been playing almost non-stop but have yet to figure out if they even exist or not. :/

XBlaze: Code Embryo
PSVITA-PS3

I literally cannot unlock any character-specific endings except for the 'read all' end. I have read articles online saying to only read the ones with their faces on it, but I still seem to get pulled into the 'read all' ending if not a bad end.

It is a shame because I love the BlazBlue universe and was incredibly excited about this game.

Zelda DS problems:
I cannot for the life of me get through the ghost ship on phantom hourglass, nor can I destroy the two phantom trains in the top-right-hand corner of the demon world (think that's what it's called) in spirit tracks. Can anyone help?

@Flip Flop;
It has been a while, but if you are stuck where I think you are with the levers then there should be a tablet or something that gives you a number order using 1-5. This throws off alot of people because they expect you to actually mark the levers with the numbers and then pull them in order from Lever#1- Lever#5.

If you are talking about the Boss fight, it was a pain for me also and all I can recommend is getting that timing down. :/

Sadly I never played Spirit Tracks so I cannot help you there.

Zelda DS problems:
I cannot for the life of me get through the ghost ship on phantom hourglass, nor can I destroy the two phantom trains in the top-right-hand corner of the demon world (think that's what it's called) in spirit tracks. Can anyone help?

I'm afraid I can't help you with the Phantom Hourglass one, but if if I recall correctly, the way to get to those trains is to go to one of the warp points on the far right of the map... Though I havn't played that particular portion of that game in a while either, so don't hold me to that.

So if anyone else has played or is playing Bravely Default I'm stuck on one of the job class side quests. I'm right before the vampire fight and every time I try it he wipes the floor with my entire team. :/
Compulsive level grinding is a talent of mine so I'm obviously just using the wrong team set. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So if anyone else has played or is playing Bravely Default I'm stuck on one of the job class side quests. I'm right before the vampire fight and every time I try it he wipes the floor with my entire team. :/
Compulsive level grinding is a talent of mine so I'm obviously just using the wrong team set. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have absolutely no experience with this game, but found this on the interwebz:

From Final Fantasy wiki DeRosso page:

A rather "cheap", but nevertheless effective method to win this battle involves making use of the Ninja Skill Utsusemi. Before going into battle, chose job classes with higher speeds (Thieves and Ninjas are prime choices) and equip the Ninja support abilities Transience and Comeback Kid, and the Swordmaster skill Counter Amp. Depending on the characters' speeds, one can fill the remaining slots with either Speed or P. Attack enhancements (as it pertains to this strategy, none of the other stats matter). Equipping Hermes Shoes or Sandals is also advisable, as well as the highest P. Attack weapons available, regardless of whether they are S-class or not.

The goal of this strategy is to have all of the characters fast enough to perform Utsusemi before DeRosso is able to attack, and then damage him only through the resulting counterattacks (if one of the characters is not fast enough to act before the Vampire, consider resetting and adjusting either support abilities or accessories to bring their speed up). This will render characters invulnerable to his Bone Crush and Drain abilities via evasion, and thanks to Transience and Comeback Kid, one will counter single-target attacks and receive a 25% boost to P. and M. Attack for every attack evaded, respectively. The only attack that will cause damage is his Graviga attack, which he will not use if any characters have low or critical HP (it's also usually the first attack he uses, and it's all but guaranteed to cripple your characters into meeting that very criterion). Once each character has performed Utsusemi once, the player can simply activate Auto-Battle and raise battle speed to x2 and the battle will carry itself out within five to ten minutes.

A drawback of this tactic is the time that it will take for the battle to end. Counters only work on single-target attacks, and DeRosso's favored move Bone Crush attacks all enemies, meaning that only his infrequent Drain attacks will be countered. Though a bit crude, one could counter this effect simply by allowing three characters to be KO'd, rendering any and all of DeRosso's attacks thereafter single-target by default.

I hope this helps a little.

So I know I don't really have time or room on my backlog list but I would like someones opinion on what Fire Emblem game I should play. I have only played Awakening so I'm a little lost on which one I should try next.

Yugioh Stardust Accelerator

Started up my old copy of Stardust Accelerator, and made a new game. Since Nintendo took their servers down, I can't download ghost opponents, so that sucks. Anyway, I'm needing help on my deck build. It's mainly a LV deck, and works sorta well. I've just beaten Lenny with it, and I've also beaten Ojama Yellow with it roughly 32 times for DP grinding. Now, I need some help with it, because it doesn't really feel organized, nor does it help me in battles with a few other characters.

The cards packs I've unlocked so far are;
Dark Beginning 1&2
Dark Revalation 1&2
Soul of the Duelist
Rise of Destiny
Flaming Eternity

My deck is:
Monsters:
Armed Dragon LV 3 X 2
Armed Dragon LV 5 X 2
Armed Dragon LV 7
Dark Mimic LV 1 X 3
Dark Mimic LV 3 X 1
Flying Kamakiri #1 X 3
Ghost Gardna
Horus LV4
Horus LV6
Horus LV8
Krebons
Masked Dragon X3
Mecha Bunny X2
Mirage Dragon
Mystic Swordsman LV2 X2
Mystic Swordsman LV4
Mystic Swordsman LV6
Psychic Commander
The Calculator

Spells:
Level Up! X3
Riryoku
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension X2
United we Stand

Traps:
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Cyber Shadow Gardna X2
Kunai with chain.
Raigeki Break
Solemn Wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Bravely Default question. If I start a new game, will I be able to use the people that I streetpassed in my old memory, or do I have to streetpass some more?

Help with the second Nommon challenge in Mario + Luigi: Dream Team?

The first one was easy, but I just can't seem to get the second one at all.

Monster Collection/Battling RPG/JRPGs?!

Sup guys,

I'm new to the forums. I've been searching for some good monster collection/battling RPG games that are on PC, and haven't found any good ones.

I've tried Monster Legends/Monster Galaxy on facebook, but it's not doing it for me. Also tried the numerous pokemon online fan made games, but most are too similar to pokemon, which I can already play on my handhelds. More recently, I tried monster battle TCG which was okay.

Do you guys have any other recommendations? (If it has some co-op/guild mechanic, that would be ideal).

Thanks in advance.

I know I've seen a few people on here playing it so maybe someone can answer my question. In Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth1 is there a way to get more MB for plans in chapter 8? I'm trying to get the CPU candidates and I've run out. Or will I have to go through new game plus now?

Okay so I am at the end of The Descent DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition and I can not get past the final boss. The Guardian kills my entire party in like 30 seconds flat. Is there a party set up anyone can recommend or a specific buff I can add to everyone's armor? Also if someone else actually has played this DLC before should i start attacking the legs or the Lyrium cluster on its side?

Right now I have Dual Blade Rouge Inquisitor, Cole, The Iron Bull, and Dorian in my party and they are all about level 27-28.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom