• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Video Game Help Thread!

Here is a question from me: when one gets the online switch subscription, they get a virtual bundle that contains many NES games. I was told they are not the full game for each one. Is this true?

That's false, they're the full games. Each month they add two or three additional games to the service, plus usually a bonus "SP" version of an existing game (for eg, a version of Legend of Zelda where you start out with all equipment).

That's false, they're the full games. Each month they add two or three additional games to the service, plus usually a bonus "SP" version of an existing game (for eg, a version of Legend of Zelda where you start out with all equipment).
Thanks! Once I get home, I shall download it.

Considering I'm getting the Trials of Mana remake soon (which hasn't been shipped yet, to my surprise), I've been looking up stuff about it to better plan for it, like team builds and the various classes. Which brings me to my question: what would be the best classes for the characters I've selected? I've so far narrowed it down to Kevin as my MC and Angela as my first companion, thought I'm still debating between Hawkeye, Duran, and Reisz (and NO to Charlotte, as what little I've heard of her voice acting and personality really annoys me). From some of the sources I've seen so far, they say Kevin is best on the total Dark path to go full offense while Angela has a few extra benefits from the Dark path as well over the Light path (I think one source mentioned the Dark path can cut her MP costs a bit while also giving her a larger MP pool, especially in the remake). Are those good ideas? And who should be my third companion (again, no to Charlotte, especially since I don't want two glass cannons/squishy wizards on my team... especially one as annoying as her)? And what should his/her class be? Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

I need help with Sypro Reignited. Particularly the fight against Ripto when we start flying around. It doesn't help that there aren't any fodder animals to restore health and I have to remain flying thanks to the lava. I find it difficult to hit Ritpto without a reliable aiming strategy and avoid his hits.

A question about buying a system and an accompanying game.

So the PlayStation 5 is coming out. When do consoles go on sale? I wasn't able to get a Wii U since I waited too long for the price to drop. A friend told me he got a PS4 and Switch this year or last on sale. So I was wondering when I should take action?

Now for the reason I want a PS5. I saw a trailer for Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. What is the Ratchet and Clank series like for the difficulty? Are there any artificial completion requirements like Crash Bandicoot's break all crates goal or Sonic's get the chaos emeralds by doing some special stages, or is it more lenient along the lines of Spyro?

And any other games that might be worth it?

A question about buying a system and an accompanying game.

So the PlayStation 5 is coming out. When do consoles go on sale? I wasn't able to get a Wii U since I waited too long for the price to drop. A friend told me he got a PS4 and Switch this year or last on sale. So I was wondering when I should take action?

Now for the reason I want a PS5. I saw a trailer for Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. What is the Ratchet and Clank series like for the difficulty? Are there any artificial completion requirements like Crash Bandicoot's break all crates goal or Sonic's get the chaos emeralds by doing some special stages, or is it more lenient along the lines of Spyro?

And any other games that might be worth it?

1. Nintendo systems rarely go on sale. Sometimes they'll have price cuts halfway through their lifespans, but more often than not they'll stick with the MSRP. What you might see are bundles from certain retailers, but those have only seemed to happen around the holidays. So my advice to you about Nintendo systems: do some research, and if you're convinced that you'll get more worth out of it than you'll pay for, take the hit. (Personally, the Switch's portability is more than enough to justify the $300 price, but that's me.)

As for non-Nintendo systems, the E3 season is already over so I don't know if you'll be seeing any big sales until the holidays.

2. RE: PS5. Ratchet and Clank looked really good!! I hear rumors that it's gonna be Sony's PS5 day-1 game. I haven't ever played an R&C game but I believe they're 3D platformers or at least take some influence from 3D platformers? That's what the trailer seemed like to me, at least.

If you're gunning for the PS5, maybe wait on buying the Switch for now. There's plenty of value right out of the bat given its backwards compatibility with the PS4, so you'll be able to play excellent & anticipated recent games like Ghosts of Tsushima, FFVII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, RDR2, Spiderman PS4, and a lot more.

Hope that helps a bit!

Question about the PS5: Is it backwards compatible with PS4?

All PS4 games releasing after July 13 are guaranteed to be playable on the PS5 out of the box. Furthermore, Sony has stated that the "top 100" PS4 games will be backwards compatible with the PS5 at launch, though it's unclear to me exactly what that means (I think it's based on user playtime, but I'm not sure). They are also reportedly testing the backwards compatibility of over 4000 additional PS4 games, so I'm guessing about 90% of the PS4's library will be playable on the PS5. That being said, they have not made any statements on the console's backwards compatibility with PS1, PS2, or PS3 games, contrary to a rumor that was popular earlier this year. You can find more info here.

To compare that with the XBOX Series X, Microsoft has confirmed that any XBOX, XBOX 360 games that were playable on the XBOX One will be playable on the Series X, along with the entire XBOX One library.

All PS4 games releasing after July 13 are guaranteed to be playable on the PS5 out of the box. Furthermore, Sony has stated that the "top 100" PS4 games will be backwards compatible with the PS5 at launch, though it's unclear to me exactly what that means (I think it's based on user playtime, but I'm not sure). They are also reportedly testing the backwards compatibility of over 4000 additional PS4 games, so I'm guessing about 90% of the PS4's library will be playable on the PS5. That being said, they have not made any statements on the console's backwards compatibility with PS1, PS2, or PS3 games, contrary to a rumor that was popular earlier this year. You can find more info here.

To compare that with the XBOX Series X, Microsoft has confirmed that any XBOX, XBOX 360 games that were playable on the XBOX One will be playable on the Series X, along with the entire XBOX One library.
Well, I guess I have hope.

I already have a Switch actually. I was just asking about console sales in general.

It does help a little though, so thanks.

I have a question concerning World of Final Fantasy Maxima: If one of your mirages goes down, are you able to revive them like you can with the protagonists?

I have a question concerning World of Final Fantasy Maxima: If one of your mirages goes down, are you able to revive them like you can with the protagonists?
When you say down, do you mean like knocked out or something else? Any time I play the game, every character in the active party / stack can be revived via spells or items.

When you say down, do you mean like knocked out or something else? Any time I play the game, every character in the active party / stack can be revived via spells or items.
Thanks. I have since discovered that for myself after the fact. I thought when one of your Mirages goes down, it vanishes like the wild ones do when you defeat them. Thankfully, that is not the case.

Are there any recommendations to get Dragon Quest XI for Switch?

This would be my first time playing a traditional RPG, which is why I want to give it a try.

Are there any recommendations to get Dragon Quest XI for Switch?

This would be my first time playing a traditional RPG, which is why I want to give it a try.
Since Dragon Quest XI is the one DQ I have not played, the only thing I can say is to always have a mage, a priest/healer and a physical attacker in your party.

I need help with Dragon Quest XI. I'm trying to do the side quest for Miko in the restored timeline. I went back inside both areas of Mt. Huji but Miko's not there. I talked to all the pink dot NPCs.

Its not listed as a side quest (at least I don't think it is, barring the Tickington quests, I only have one more and its currently unavailable).

I saw a video of someone going inside Mt Fuji where you fought Tatsunaga in the original timeline where Miko should be there and ask you to get an item to clear up her mirror and turn Tatsunaga back to Ryu.

how do i get into silph co in saffron city? team rocket is still blocking it. i tried tutorials, i beat giovanni in the game corner and nothings working. do i HAVE to battle everyone in the lavender town tower?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom