• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Sakurai has only said that Ridley would be diffiicult to do. But this means it isn't impossible for him to be in, so...

As for the female Avatar, I think I'd rather have her than Chrom, actually. I don't really like Chrom or Lucina much. Though even Chrom would be better than his boring, ugly ass daughter, imo.

Sakurai also said he would never put an Animal Crossing character in the series. lol

I strongly believe Ridley will eventually be a playable character, since he is a fan favorite and Metroid desperately needs a second rep.

If Sakurai wants a more unique FE character that's a female, he should go for the female Avatar then (with the default appearance). She can use magic, which not many Smash Bros. characters in general use. And her default hair color is white.

Well the snark at the end there isn't necessary or appreciated but, yes, I don't think anyone would argue that the My Unit character, female or otherwise, would be a novel and welcome addition to the roster should Sakurai feel the need to add a character from Awakening.

Oh, and here's a protip: the fact that you started the topic or thread doesn't mean you have to respond to every post made in it. Also, not quoting a person to let them know you've responded to their post when you're speaking directly to them is just poor forum etiquette.

On topic: I wonder if Mega Lucario will in some way affect Lucario should he return...

Last edited:

Well the snark at the end there isn't necessary or appreciated but, yes, I don't think anyone would argue that the My Unit character, female or otherwise, would be a novel and welcome addition to the roster should Sakurai feel the need to add a character from Awakening.

Just voicing my opinion is all. But I agree here.

Oh, and here's a protip: the fact that you started the topic or thread doesn't mean you have to respond to every post made in it. Also, not quoting a person to let them know you've responded to their post when you're speaking directly to them is just poor forum etiquette.

Thank you, but I don't need you to act like my mother. I don't feel it's necessary to quote every single post I'm responding to. Only the ones that have posts after them already or ones that I need to divide up into multiple quotes.

On topic: I wonder if Mega Lucario will in some way affect Lucario should he return...

I don't think Lucario is coming back (Mewtwo is more likely, imo), but if he does, who knows.

I think Lucario isn't going anywhere. It still is very marketable and easily one of the most popular Pokémon. Plus, Sakurai already said he doesn't like cutting characters from the roster. I don't really care about Lucario staying or not, though, but if it leaves, they better put another Gen IV/V or even VI rep in the game.

The whole "Ridley's too big" thing really bothers me. Because Smash Bros never changed a character's size before as we all know :V

Right? Bowser and Olimar are some good examples of characters having their sizes changed in the Super Smash Bros series. Not to mention Ridley wasn't that big in the Melee opening video. He could be some sort of Charizard on steroids, as far as character models are concerned.

The size argument is just stupid. xP

Anyway, new bit of information! A recent screenshot showed that you can edit the outlines on the characters in the 3DS version.

Where is the screenshot? ^^

@Kelleo; Don't forget to add the news that the Pyrosphere from Other M is confirmed as a stage to the original post.
EDIT: And the fact that Mega Man is male.

@Kelleo; Don't forget to add the news that the Pyrosphere from Other M is confirmed as a stage to the original post.
EDIT: And the fact that Mega Man is male.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Other M stage.

Um, everyone knows he's a guy. I mean his name is Mega MAN. :/

Um, everyone knows he's a guy. I mean his name is Mega MAN. :/
Sorry. I typed that because I thought you were just putting the gender for no reason, without wondering that a) most people know who they are and b) that there's a male Wii Fit Trainer and female Villager in their respective games.

Sakurai have said there wouldn't be a Subspace Emissary-like mode (that is a good thing, btw), so that might be what Kotaku is referring as "story mode". I want a single player mode, since I prefer to play alone most of the time, but I don't give a flying squirrel about story in SSB games. The pseudo-story in Brawl actually made me cringe a lot of times. XD

I'm gonna miss Subspace, it was the easiest way for me to unlock everyone :c

I posted about what Sakurai had said on this matter earlier. He said that the adventure mode wasn't going to be like the SSE. Not that it was going to be excluded entirely.

I'm pretty mad there won't be another Subspace. Particularly for the lame excuse Sakurai gave for it. Subspace is awesome. Hard beyond belief at times, but incredibly fun.

The excuse he gave was stupid, but I didn't like SSE at all. :/ It was so boring, repetitive and the story was cringe worthy. Not to mention that one of the reasons they took that long to finish and release SSBB was the SSE (that and SEGA's stupidity). Hopefully they will release the game next year, without delays this time, since there is no SSE.

My most pressing concern.

Will Olimar have Rocks and Winged Pikmin?

@Kelleo;
ssb-mega-640x360.jpg

"An encounter in the middle of a marathon...?"
-Masuda
photo_1_3fd3628f10d8c7f42c3110a760b4b5bb-jpg.jpg

Rivals can pop Villager's balloons.
Super-Smash-Bros-Pikachu-and-Pit.jpg

Pit's new move, Upperdash Arm.
40eb47633ee3bf818b725874c7a486f7.jpg

Bomb that resets stage. Name unknown.
You should really add these to the main post. Well, at least the last one.

Screenshots aren't information, so I don't post them. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom