• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the leak revealed, with Roy from Fire Emblem returning, and Ryu from Capcom's Street Fighter joining the cast, this will certainly excite a lot of people.

Course I should also point out that Ryu from Street Fighter isn't the only Capcom character with that name, there is also Ryu the main character from Capcom's Breath of Fire RPG Game, even though he isn't nearly as popular.

I mean, at this point there's not reason to watch the the mini smash direct.

Although it's criminal that they added music from the Queen Sectionia fight and it's not Moonstruck Blossom.

Which part is that in Triple Deluxe?

So it looks like Ryu has TWO Final Smashes. Watch the first Twitch video here, and check out 6:30-7:10. From what I can tell he's the only character to have two in the same game?

Even though a lot of info has leaked, I'm totally gonna watch the Smash Direct today. I hope at least they give Ryu one of those newcomer videos even though he's DLC. Those vids are always entertaining.

This is all so exciting!

I mean, at this point there's not reason to watch the the mini smash direct.

Although it's criminal that they added music from the Queen Sectionia fight and it's not Moonstruck Blossom.

Which part is that in Triple Deluxe?

[video=youtube;iGGVWGJ0ZiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGGVWGJ0ZiM[/video]

I'm still watching the direct. I want to see if there's anything else. There probably wont be though.

Updated the first post now that stuff is officially confirmed. :)

I can't wait for Mii Amiibo! And Duck Hunt Dog, Falco, and Bowser Jr. :D

Even with these leaks, there was still a lot of cool new information. I didn't expect Mii amiibo, and I didn't expect the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo to have changeable poses either. That's really cool. And more classic Smash 64 stages? Hell yes. The hype is real!!!

You know the official artwork that came along with the release of Ryu?

Be5Aa85.jpg
aRp1cIo.jpg

Super Smash Bros 4 and the artbox of Street Fighter 2

Just bought all three characters and the two stages, along with the Splatoon Outfit for my Mii Gunner who's never had a really good outfit~

I'm really loving Roy the most~ Ryu'll probably be too complicated for me to end up getting good with~ And I've pretty much got Lucas down from Brawl~

Wait, is it just the Wii U version that will get the "upload replays as YouTube videos" option?

Wait, is it just the Wii U version that will get the "upload replays as YouTube videos" option?

Apparently so. Oh well.

In the meantime, I'm planning on purchasing Lucas DLC and possibly Roy DLC. Also, I've added some fuel for some of the Support communities for the Miiverse stage.

I'll have to record myself and my Sonic amiibo whaling it out on my coworker and my strict manager, upload it to YouTube, download it to my iPhone, show it off at work...and profit, maybe, I dunno how that works.

You know the official artwork that came along with the release of Ryu?

Be5Aa85.jpg
aRp1cIo.jpg

Super Smash Bros 4 and the artbox of Street Fighter 2

Oh wow, that's just nutty. XD

I only bought Ryu and his stage. Not interested in anything else that's available at the moment aside from the free stuff. I don't like Roy and don't think he should've been brought back, and I'm just meh on Lucas, so... :p

My criticism with the "Miiverse" stage is that no one seems to actually screen the images, to make sure they're appropriate to show. I saw a couple of swears, and one mentioning sensitive subject matter that I won't repeat here.

My criticism with the "Miiverse" stage is that no one seems to actually screen the images, to make sure they're appropriate to show. I saw a couple of swears, and one mentioning sensitive subject matter that I won't repeat here.

Agreed. There's a couple posts I encountered while submitting some support messages in which they insult the intended character. They really need to do background checks for those posts...

Edit: And let's not get started on those that are completely irrelevant to the communities, which I've seen quite a few.

Last edited:
I just pray it doesn't go the way of Swapnote...maybe they'll switch it to be text-only, at least those are filterable.

Oh great...some for Donkey Kong are those "expand ****" memes...remember when players used to be more mature than this? >_>

So I've been playing with Ryu a bit, and I can tell you he's definitely going to be top tier. Unreal ability to combo both on the ground and in the air, using the 'classic' input for Shoryuken gives it super armor on the start up and makes it hit like a truck, and the variable attacks (tap vs short hold vs long hold) makes it incredibly difficult to read and predict a Ryu player. Focus attack is also insanely broken (take a hit, stun the opponent and hit them for massive damage with either a Shoryken or a side-smash) and hurricane kick simply rocks.

Ryu also has a move that ignores shields (Focus attack), a shield breaker (held F-tilt), a reliable spike (d-air), multiple solid aerials (all of his aerials are good really) and even a decent grab game (his down throw is good for combos and his grab range is decent).

All in all he has a MASSIVE toolkit, but he's also very hard to play with.

Last edited:
So I've been playing with Ryu a bit, and I can tell you he's definitely going to be top tier. Unreal ability to combo both on the ground and in the air, using the 'classic' input for Shoryuken gives it super armor on the start up and makes it hit like a truck, and the variable attacks (tap vs short hold vs long hold) makes it incredibly difficult to read and predict a Ryu player.

Well, once I buy him, time to hit the training area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom