• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Hector

Marquess of Ostia
Reaction score
Hehehe that's why I added the as far as I'm aware to that one XD

I honestly had no idea that they did that.

leetic

¡Prepárate a morir!
Reaction score
Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really think Shovel Knight would be a good idea for Smash DLC. Firstly, Smash is a tribute to Nintendo's history, and Shovel Knight has only had a couple of years of history with Nintendo (contrast the other third party characters who have more than 15 years history). Plus, he lacks the star power or iconicness of the third parties of Smash, all of them were heavily influential to Nintendo (Mega Man,Sonic) or gaming as a whole (Snake, Pacman, Ryu) but Shovel Knight didn't really influence gaming very much.

Hector

Marquess of Ostia
Reaction score
Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really think Shovel Knight would be a good idea for Smash DLC. Firstly, Smash is a tribute to Nintendo's history, and Shovel Knight has only had a couple of years of history with Nintendo (contrast the other third party characters who have more than 15 years history). Plus, he lacks the star power or iconicness of the third parties of Smash, all of them were heavily influential to Nintendo (Mega Man,Sonic) or gaming as a whole (Snake, Pacman, Ryu) but Shovel Knight didn't really influence gaming very much.
Thats a fair point. I do however think that Shovel Knight represents the emerging indie scene, and Nintendo has proven very interested in breaking into that market (just like the other two consoles as well). I think it's a move that would basically say 'yeah indie games are a big part of gaming culture now and we see it as a big part of what lies ahead'

I mean yes, Shovel Knight doesn't have anywhere near the fanbase of the other third party characters (no one would argue that) or near the impact on gaming as a medium. But what I would say is that he represents the indie revolution as a whole, which is having a big impact on gaming and gaming culture.

Lord-Arceus

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
Reaction score
Guys? We got some new DLC added, which includes Mii Fighter costumes.

One of them is Viridi.

Guess what this means for me?

*cracks knuckles*

AbareKiller

"The Purest Excitement"
Reaction score
odd ? for this thread because i know nothing about smash

i was at gamestop and somebody told me there is blue charizard in it stupidly i said there was no blue charizards forgetting the mega but thats not what i think he meant. so can anyone enlighten me on this

Osprey

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score

i was at gamestop and somebody told me there is blue charizard in it stupidly i said there was no blue charizards forgetting the mega but thats not what i think he meant. so can anyone enlighten me on this
Well, there are no blue Charizards as far as I know. There's Megazard X, a mostly-grey beast with a light blue underbelly and dark blue wings, and there might be a blue alternate skin.

Hector

Marquess of Ostia
Reaction score
I'm like 85% sure there's a blue alternate skin Charizard. I only say that because I don't have my DS in front of me so I can't check at the moment XD

AbareKiller

"The Purest Excitement"
Reaction score

Well, there are no blue Charizards as far as I know. There's Megazard X, a mostly-grey beast with a light blue underbelly and dark blue wings, and there might be a blue alternate skin.
I'm like 85% sure there's a blue alternate skin Charizard. I only say that because I don't have my DS in front of me so I can't check at the moment XD

FOUND THIS on serebii

there is one by alternate skins and the mega

now i feel like misty's Psyduck

Lord-Arceus

YOU WILL BOW TO ME.
Reaction score
I found the proper motivation to get my amiibo to level 50 myself, rather than lazily pairing them up with level 9 CPUs, AND to enjoy losing against them as well.

How, you may ask?

By playing as a Mii of Viridi.

Berrenta

Let's dance
Reaction score
To be honest, I didn't expect him to appear! But hey, I'll see about his moveset and see if I want him.

Peachy

Disappointment
Reaction score
I'm still not sure how I feel about Cloud. I feel like Sm4sh has too many sword fighters as it is. I don't really want another.

Lysson

Ey b0ss
Reaction score
I'm still shocked that Cloud actually got in, not that I'm complaining because I like Cloud. I agree with the above poster about having too many sword fighters.

I presume he got in because of the ballot? It's just weird that Cloud got in when Final Fantasy 7 has never been on a Nintendo console (unless the remake will be on the NX?!).

I would have thought Sora, Shovel Knight, Waluigi or Shantae would have gotten in.

Raves

No need for the disco
Reaction score
I'm not okay with this at all.

What the actual fuck does Cloud have to do with Nintendo again? They can't seriously try and pull the 'FF started on Nintendo' card here, because if they did then why the fuck didn't they go with Terra from FF6? They only threw in that overhyped bitch because they knew despite the fact he's as related to Nintendo as that badger across in the other city is to me, that fanboys would throw their money at the screen.

I feel gipped. On unrelated news, anyone want my copy of Sm4sh?

HumanDawn

Ultimate Digimon
Reaction score
>Cloud appears in Final Fantasy Explorers literally a few minutes before his Sm4sh announcement.

Fans: Cloud has NOTHING TO DO WITH NINTENDO

Steel_Justice

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
Super excited to see Cloud joining the battle with his limits in tow and his own unique mechanic. I don't see his inclusion being odd because he is a big well known gaming icon like the other 3rd party characters. Those saying it's dumb because he's not a Nintendo character are kinda missing the point of 3rd party characters.

Stratelier

Reaction score
I'm still not sure how I feel about Cloud. I feel like Sm4sh has too many sword fighters as it is. I don't really want another.
His moveset appears to be largely derived from Ike's, including the Final Smash. (Ike is one of my mains, so I'd recognize those swings anywhere.)

His special moves appear to be (not sure on the names here, but):
- Blade Beam
- Cross Slash
- Rising slash followed by downward strike (his recovery move)
- Charge limit break meter (I do believe this is a move you can charge at any time -- like WFT's deep breathing or Shulk's Monado Arts)

We also know his taunts:
- Materia invocation
- Victory pose
- Stands leisurely with sword in the ground
What the actual fuck does Cloud have to do with Nintendo again?
Favorite answer I've seen to that is: "That's the whole point." Square hasn't put a "main" FF on a Nintendo console since the SNES days, and the tech specs on Nintendo's last few generations have been generally under Sony and MS (another reason not to port main FFs to a Nintendo console). But who knows what will happen in the future....

Last edited:

Steel_Justice

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
Just came here from the Nintendo Direct. Bayonetta and the FE Fates avatar are going to be in Smash around February. Let's discuss stuff.