• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
So, people were asking about the new Smash Bros. games in the related thread in the news board, so I thought I'd create a thread here on the games where the confirmed information can be posted for us to see.

Title: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U have been confirmed as the final names.

Platforms: 3DS and Wii U

Confirmed Returning Characters

- Mario
- Link
- Bowser
- Samus
- Pit
- Pikachu
- Donkey Kong
- Kirby
- Fox
- Olimar
- Luigi
- Peach
- Toon Link
- Sonic
- Marth
- Zelda
- King Dedede
- Lucario
- Diddy Kong
- Zero Suit Samus
- Sheik
- Yoshi
- Charizard
- Ike (Fuck yes, fuck yes, FUCK YES!! :D)
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Captain Falcon
- Meta Knight
- Ganondorf
- Ness
- Falco
- Jigglypuff
- Wario
- Dr. Mario
- ROB
- Mewtwo (2015 DLC)
- Lucas (2015 DLC)
- Roy (2015 DLC)

Confirmed Newcomers

- Animal Crossing Villager (male AND female)
- Megaman
- Wii Fit Trainer (female AND male)
- Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario)
- Little Mac (Punch-Out)
- Greninja (Pokemon)
- Miis (general Nintendo)
- Palutena (Kid Icarus)
- Pac-Man
- Avatar/Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Shulk (Xenoblade)
- Duck Hunt Dog (Duck Hunt)
- Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
- Dark Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Ryu (Street Fighter) (2015 DLC)

Confirmed Stages

- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Megaman stage (I don't know the name of it)
- Spirit Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Nintendogs stage (there was a cute beagle in the background! <3)
- Battlefield (of course)
- A boxing ring (probably from Punch-Out)
- Palutena's Temple (Kid Icarus)
- Pilotwings stage
- Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)
- Super Mario Galaxy stage
- Find Mii final area
- Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)
- Lumiose City (Pokemon X/Y)
- Super Mario Galaxy stage
- Mushroom Kingdom U (New Super Mario Bros. series)
- Coliseum (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 Stage
- Paper Mario stage
- N's Castle (Pokemon Black/White)
- Gameboy stage
- Brinestar (Metroid)
- Castle Siege (Fire Emblem)
- Gaur Plain (Xenoblade)
- Luigi's Mansion
- Temple (The Legend of Zelda)
- New DK stage (Wii U version only)
- Yoshi's Wooly World stage
- Miiverse Stage (2015 DLC)
- Street Fighter Stage (2015 DLC)
- Dream Land 64 (2015 DLC)

Other Information

- Pit has been revamped to his Kid Icarus: Uprising self with new moves.
- Bowser has been revamped as well.
- Samus is now using her Metroid: Other M design.
- There will be version exclusive stages. The 3DS version will have stages from handheld games while the Wii U version will have stages from home console games.
- The above also applies to trophies.
- Final Smashes are back.
- Tripping is gone.
- There are currently no plans for DLC, but Sakurai may change his mind after the games are released.
- The two games might not be released at the same time.
- Namco Bandai characters have no priority right now.
- The Adventure mode will not be like Brawl's Subspace Emmissary.
- Characters will only be cut if there's not enough development time.
- You can edit the outlines on the characters in the 3DS version.
- The male Wii Fit Trainer is playable (it appears), but as an alternate "costume" for the female.
- Marth is now using his Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem design.
- Skull Kid is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
- Ashley from WarioWare is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
- Bottled Fairy from Zelda is confirmed as a new item (though it's unknown if it's replacing the Heart Container).
- New online features called For Glory and For Fun will be available.
- Transformations will no longer exist, ie Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are separate from Zelda and Samus now and Charizard stands alone. This also means Pokemon Trainer will not be returning, at least not in the same form he appeared in Brawl.
- Midna is a confirmed new Assist Trophy
- Captain Falcon is confirmed due to Samurai Goroh remaining an assist trophy
- There will be customizable movesets
- The female Villager from AC can be chosen as well as the male
- Ike is now using his Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn design
- Takamaru is a new assist trophy
- Prince Sable is a new assist trophy
- Ghirahim is a new Zelda assist trophy
- The enemies you fight in Multi-Man Smash are now Miis
- Ganondorf is confirmed due to a split second appearance in a trailer
- Ike's Great Aether now sports blue flames (YES YES YES YES!!)
- The Wii U version's exclusive mode is a board game-type mode called Smash Tour
- The Wii U version has more trophies and music
- Coin Battles are back in the Wii U version
- 8 Player Smash is a thing (as well as five and six and I assume seven) in the Wii U version, but not online.
- Stage Builder is back (and better than ever!)
- The ability to share stages, Miis, etc. with your friends will eventually be available
- Master Orders and Crazy Orders are new challenge modes
- The Wii U version has more challenges than the 3DS version
- Palutena and Pit have conversations about the characters on Palutena's Temple, much akin to Snake's convos in Brawl
- Mewtwo DLC will be free to those who purchase and register both versions of the game on Club Nintendo
- New Mii Fighter costumes are being added!

Official Website

This is all of the information I can recall so far. If anyone knows of anything I missed, let me know and I'll add it here. :)

I've got my fingers crossed for Vaati making the roster, Kauku Caves and Riven Bridge from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Treacherous Mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as new stages! ^^

I'd also LOVE to see Frederick from FE: Awakening as an assist trophy, but I don't have my hopes up REAL high for that. I just totally adore him. <3

Last edited:
Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

How about N's castle as one of the battle fields? Or Dragon Spiral Tower?

N's Castle would be cool. I'd rather not have Spear Pillar back unless it was tweaked though. I hated it the way it was in Brawl.

EDIT: Oh, you said Dragon Spiral Tower. lol oops. I don't know why I thought you wrote Spear Pillar. xP I guess that one would be alright too.

N's Castle would be cool. I'd rather not have Spear Pillar back unless it was tweaked though. I hated it the way it was in Brawl.

EDIT: Oh, you said Dragon Spiral Tower. lol oops. I don't know why I thought you wrote Spear Pillar. xP I guess that one would be alright too.

XDD maybe the Plasma Frigate with Kyurem in the background?
hqdefault.jpg

Oh, that looks like it could work too!

But what about stages from other game series? I heard you fight on Grima's back in FE: Awakening in the Endgame, which would be SWEET in Smash Bros.! I'd also love a Super Mario Galaxy stage, preferably the galaxy in SMG2 that was inspired by Rainbow Road from the Mario Kart series (can't believe I forgot the name! It was my favorite!). :D

EDIT: Rolling Coaster Galaxy! That's the one!

Oh, that looks like it could work too!

But what about stages from other game series? I heard you fight on Grima's back in FE: Awakening in the Endgame, which would be SWEET in Smash Bros.! I'd also love a Super Mario Galaxy stage, preferably the galaxy in SMG2 that was inspired by Rainbow Road from the Mario Kart series (can't believe I forgot the name! It was my favorite!). :D

RAINBOW!! XDD Was Peach's castle featured in the past games?

Peach's Castle was in the first Smash Bros. I think. But it hasn't been seen since. I was serious, btw... xP

Little Mac I'm neutral to, but Pacman?! How stupid. That thing's just a yellow ball with an eye and mouth and only chomps like a chain chomp. What could possibly be done with him?

EDIT: Also, I had forgotten a couple things, so I added them to the list.

Update, peeps! There's been some new information, including another confirmed veteran Smash character. Articles can be found on IGN.

I want to see Chrom and Ike and Ghirahim! I hope they're confirmed and shown sooooon!

Assist trophies have so much potential to be playable. Put in Saki and Isaac.

Nice to see tripping is gone.

I can imagine N's Castle being a battle stage. Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem appear in the background and causes hazards to the field. The uppermost platform being the throne room, underground as N's toy room.

Yup.

What the HELL kinda business do those names have being final? I hate them, I hope they go back on their word and change them.

Little Mac I'm neutral to, but Pacman?! How stupid. That thing's just a yellow ball with an eye and mouth and only chomps like a chain chomp.

I believe in the remakes (in 3d), they gave pacman legs. So I think they will probably do the same thing here.

What the HELL kinda business do those names have being final? I hate them, I hope they go back on their word and change them.

Well, Sakurai decided he wanted to go simple this time. That's what the article said.

Read like this if you want:
Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U
Super Smash Bros 4 3DS

I like the puns myself :3

Also guys: Apparently Namco Bandai characters will receive no priority for Smash Bros. You don't have to worry about Ivy and her physics defying...assets to appear!

Ohohoho, 4/for puns, I love you. I will do this now.

Also guys: Apparently Namco Bandai characters will receive no priority for Smash Bros. You don't have to worry about Ivy and her physics defying...assets to appear!

Yeah, this is true too, actually. I forgot to add this one. xP

EDIT: Also, I've come up with all the stages I'd love to see in the games so far!

Kauku Caves (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Riven Bridge (FE: Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn)
Treacherous Mansion (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
Rolling Coaster Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2) and/or Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Wii)
Gusty Garden Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 1)

Of course, add the respective music that plays in those last three too. ^^ I say "and/or" for Rolling Coaster Galaxy and Rainbow Road because the former is based off of the latter and thus is similar. But I love both a lot and don't care which is in! I just want one of them! ^^

I also hope the Buoy Base Galaxy music from the first SMG gets in too, because it was also in SMG2! :D It's my favorite song in the games as well!

Last edited:

Pardon the double post, but I have another update, though only one piece of info this time. An article states that the new Smash Bros.'s adventure mode won't be like Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It seems like it'll be more akin to Melee's single player mode.

If it is, I'll be rather disappointed. I never really had a lot of fun with Melee's adventure mode. :(

I would really like a stereotypical gamer's room. It would have dirty laundry, piles of old Nintendo consoles (some of them could even randomly turn on during the fight), and posters of characters that didn't make it to the final cut of the game. Hazards? I have no idea. Maybe bookcases filled with games could fall over, and monsters made out of mutated laundry could attack the player.

Pardon the double post, but I have another update, though only one piece of info this time. An article states that the new Smash Bros.'s adventure mode won't be like Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It seems like it'll be more akin to Melee's single player mode.

If it is, I'll be rather disappointed. I never really had a lot of fun with Melee's adventure mode. :(

Adventure Mode was fun for the first few times in Melee, but after doing it for every character and you knew exactly what was going to happen every time, the surprises weren't surprising but just boring. I could live without a SSE-type mode - it was great but still weak in comparison to regular fighting - but the fact that they'd choose to revert to the subpar mode is a little disappointing.

Yeah, agreed. xP

By the way, there's a bit of new information! I'll update with it now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom