• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Oh, I forgot to update this, we have some new information! Firstly, it's been confirmed that you'll be able to play as the female Villager as well as the male and that they'll have multiple costume options, not just recolors.

Second, Smash Bros. is getting a 90 minute conference all to itself at E3. :3 HYPE OVERLOAAAD! PWEEEZ SHOW IKE, SAKURAAAI. :D:D:D

This is going to be the best in the series. I'm very excited to play as the Wii Fit Trainers, and the Villagers. Their fighting styles are unique, so it will be fun to see how well they do against the rest.

So interesting tidbit I found with my somewhat limited knowledge of French--according to general director Stephan Bole of Nintendo France, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is going to be released in France some time in October:

Stephan Bole said:
En fin d'année, nous aurons aussi deux très gros titres [pour la 3DS], Super Smash Bros en octobre et les remakes de Pokémon Saphir et Rubis en novembre. [At the end of the year, we'll also have two really big titles (for the 3DS), Super Smash Bros in October and the remakes of Pokémon Sapphire and Ruby in November.]

Considering that at the last Financial Results Briefing the game was confirmed for a Summer 2014 release in Europe, I want to say that this might just be a miscommunication error. But he's also the general director, sooo... (I also hope Nintendo doesn't think October is the summer... ?)

He also says later on that Nintendo's NFP figurines will apparently work with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U:
Stephan Bole said:
L'E3 sera aussi l'occasion de montrer l'utilisation de la technologie NFC dans les consoles Nintendo. Le NFC sera utilisé dans la version Wii U de Super Smash Bros. [E3 will also be the opportunity to show the use of NFC technology in Nintendo consoles. NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros.]

Again, could be miscommunication error, but he's also a head honcho, so who knows! How do you think the figurines could be used in the game?!

Last edited:

...If Nintendo decide to lock playable characters or stages behind NFC action figures, I am out. Then again, this NFC thing is valid for the Wii U version and I am only interested in the 3DS one. But if they release new characters via figurines, then the 3DS version will have less characters and that would suck (unless they release new characters both through the figurines and regular DLC). Either way, those are bad news to me.

Edit: Oh, I just saw they announced a "NFC add-on" for the 3DS. Fuck this noise...

I already made a thread expressing my views on figure use in video games, but I should bring something up: The figurines might only be used as a way to store character moveset customizations and such, which would actually be fairly cool and wouldn't lock us out of being able to try all of the characters.

Plus, I think that Nintendo's smart enough to realize that locking us out of characters doesn't really work in a game like Smash Bros.

The figurines might only be used as a way to store character moveset customizations and such, which would actually be fairly cool and wouldn't lock us out of being able to try all of the characters.

I was originally thinking this may be the case, but after thinking about it a little more... Simply put, I just can't see Nintendo releasing 30+ character figurines just for Smash. And since these NFP figurines are supposed to work across different games, and especially since are so many franchises represented in Smash, that must mean Nintendo has plans for a new Mario game, Pokémon game, Star Fox game, Metroid game, Kirby game, etc.... And don't forget figurines for Sonic and Mega Man, which would have to first be cleared by Sega and Capcom, respectively, and would literally be used for one Nintendo game only. (Well, Sonic Boom is coming out for Nintendo later this year, but lol new Mega Man game.)

I guess another option would be that they would make figurines for only a select group of characters, but I for one would be pissed if say Pikachu was my main character in Smash and he didn't have a figurine for me to save my customized movesets on, while other characters that I hate using were given figurines. And another option would be to make general Smash figurines (like one of a Smash Ball or something) so that you could save multiple edits to one figurine, but then that becomes a figurine that is only specific to one game.

Which then brings me back to the question--how the hell are they going to use figurines in Smash?!

What I find funny about all this is that, story-wise, Smash titles are based around the fact that plush dolls and/or figurines were coming to life in order to participate in fights. Like, Smash should really be the epitome of a Nintendo NFC-like game... and yet for some reason it doesn't seem to work that way, hahaha.

I honestly doubt Sakurai is going to make the figures required to unlock characters. I just don't see him being that dumb. Still though, I'll totally buy an Ike figure just because it's Ike! <3

I honestly doubt Sakurai is going to make the figures required to unlock characters. I just don't see him being that dumb. Still though, I'll totally buy an Ike figure just because it's Ike! <3

Speaking of Ike...

zlCfzR9PiBEhcvGQjf

Yep, he has just been confirmed to reappear for the next Smash game!

Here's a comparison of him from the previous Smash Bros and the upcoming ones:
484px-Ike_SSBB.jpg

main.png

It would seem that they're going for what he looked like in Radiant Dawn, rather than his design in the prequel, Path of Radiance. He definitely looks like a much tougher fighter for Smash Bros. 4

Last edited:

... Ike is in this game? ... Ike is in this game?! ... IKE IS IN THIS GAME?!?!

[video=youtube;P3ALwKeSEYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/video]

Sakurai: do what you want, what you want to my body. Or at least my money.

Okay, now that I'm done fanboying--he looks way bigger, and way stronger. I just hope that as a consequence he's not slower, 'cause as much as I loved him in Brawl, he was so slow. But omg yeeeessssss~

Ahhhh, and I really thought he would be cut for another Fire Emblem character, too! My hype level for Smash has officially reached maximum. :3

Nice to see Ike is back. I am betting Ganondorf will be confirmed next, either before or in the Direct, together with a likely Zelda newcomer.

Speaking of Ike...

zlCfzR9PiBEhcvGQjf

Yep, he has just been confirmed to reappear for the next Smash game!

Here's a comparison of him from the previous Smash Bros and the upcoming ones:
484px-Ike_SSBB.jpg

main.png

It would seem that they're going for what he looked like in Radiant Dawn, rather than his design in the prequel, Path of Radiance. He definitely looks like a much tougher fighter for Smash Bros. 4

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!! RADIANT DAWN HOT IKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....Ahem, I mean......this news pretty much made my morning!

Now all we need is Chrom and we'll be set!

Last edited:

Nice to see Ike is back. I am betting Ganondorf will be confirmed next, either before or in the Direct, together with a likely Zelda newcomer.

If Ganondorf is coming back, he could really use some more tweaks to make him less of a Captain Falclone.

It's cool and all that Ike is back. But I really hope this doesn't mean anything for Chrom. Also it's kind of weird that they announced him now. I was expecting nothing until E3.

Eh, Ike is just one more Classic trophy to put in my in-game collection.

If Ganondorf is coming back, he could really use some more tweaks to make him less of a Captain Falclone.

Ganondorf's style was too slow and clunky. If he does come back, I hope he's re-worked into a more smooth fighter. Of course, my memory could be off; I haven't played Melee in about 10 years, and Brawl in about 5 years.

I didn't expect to see anymore characters until E3, but Sakurai just gave me the awesomest late birthday present EVER!! :-D (my birthday was a couple weeks ago)

And it's RD Ike too, my favorite version of him! JUST HELL YES!! :-D :yahoo:

It's cool and all that Ike is back. But I really hope this doesn't mean anything for Chrom. Also it's kind of weird that they announced him now. I was expecting nothing until E3.

If there's going to be a Smash announcement at E3 then there's a good chance it'll be something huge. Like what if you have a Mii fighter (to showcase customizable movesets if nothing else) ?

Smash is getting 90 minutes all to itself. It BETTER have some huge stuff. lol

Alright, as of now, I'm just waiting for Chrom, Ness, and possibly that Xenoblade character. I'm also wondering if there will be a Namco character.

I like Ike! I like Ike!!! It's great to have one of my mains back. Now all I need is Amaterasu from Okami and I'm going to throw my money at them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom