• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The original "ultimate journeys" opening

felps0902

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
today, on twitter, a user called "shirt" posted a supposed opening in english for pokémon horizons. in this way he made an edition with scenes of the original opening "dokimeki diary" and with a song, this one in question that is called "anywhere my pokemon go", this later was revealed as a bait of this twitter user, and no, not yet we have an official opening of horizons. However, the song, already described before after I searched on youtube, I discovered that this song was originally going to be the opening of "ultimate journeys" but for some reason, that opening was changed to "with you", so I wanted to know if anyone Do you know why this opening was changed?

Regarding the new opening, I have a feeling TPCi originally had planned to have their openings for Pokemon Journeys played by mainstream artists/bands instead of “in house” like they typically do. As we can see with Season 23 and Season 25.

And I think covid was the reason they reverted back to using their “in house” music/artists (Ben Dixon/Haven Paschall) for Season 24.

As for the unofficial opening for season 25 I’m assuming that they initially wanted to go the in house route again due to the uncertainty with covid, but in the end were able to book a deal with Echosmith.

That’s just my speculation.

Shame, I almost had hope this was referring to the 2nd dub OP for S25, would've liked the last Pokemon dub OP not to be a knockoff low-rent version of dub OP1 personally as (a) 4Kids came up with those lyrics, not TPCi, even if Goldfarb wants to throwback it isn't a nice homage to me, and (b) they did 3 Remixes of it, none of which were very good IMO with M20's the least bad and XY's absolutely awful in my eyes: give me dub OP4 any day for a Remix that managed not to just complete ape OP01 but truly did it justice-- as it made its own unique thing with variation in lyrics there.

TPCi never got over their love of 30 second openings, for some reason, will never understand why the length was cut in half after 4Kids was replaced looking at S08's (in those days, the shortest dub OPs were still 45 seconds).

They would've been crucified if the last dub op wasn't a reuse of dub op 1. The theme songs are shorter cause of needing to fit broadcast standards times for commercials. I rather have those short than having chunks of the eps removed.

They would've been crucified if the last dub op wasn't a reuse of dub op 1. The theme songs are shorter cause of needing to fit broadcast standards times for commercials. I rather have those short than having chunks of the eps removed.
It’s just another bad remix again to close things out, comparing it to dub OP1 imo just shows a dramatic decrease in production values and quality for the dub intros. 1 minute long vs 30 seconds as it is, but a far better singer, far better visuals, etc.

It’s better than “With You” to be fair, but it in no way is what a 25 year long Series deserves for its final dub opening IMO. And I don’t buy they can’t make it longer, Yokai Watch had a 1 minute long OP and Beyblade Burst 45 seconds when it aired on the same network Disney XD in the USA during Sun & Moon’s dub: absolutely think it’s just TPCi being TPCi on this one, creative choice.

Last edited:
today, on twitter, a user called "shirt" posted a supposed opening in english for pokémon horizons. in this way he made an edition with scenes of the original opening "dokimeki diary" and with a song, this one in question that is called "anywhere my pokemon go", this later was revealed as a bait of this twitter user, and no, not yet we have an official opening of horizons. However, the song, already described before after I searched on youtube, I discovered that this song was originally going to be the opening of "ultimate journeys" but for some reason, that opening was changed to "with you", so I wanted to know if anyone Do you know why this opening was changed?
Can you link it?
Edit: I think I found it. "Anywhere My Pokémon Go"
I like the song, but the video itself was… meh.
I plan to use that song, though.

I'm glad the OP we did get was from Echosmith, cuz this would've been hard to keep around, I feel.
How so?
Edit: I also found this

A journey to your heart is really good and everyone did great with it, I just think they couldn't strike lightning twice with what would've been the original opening.
I agree with you. It gives off 2021 vibes (it’s also my favorite Journeys OP and one of my favorite OPs in general).

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom