• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV The Owl House: A Horror Comedy Series by Dana Terrace

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Figure I would make one of these threads since I didn't see one for this show despite a bunch of Owl House fans I've seen here on the forums.

For those who don't know, The Owl House is a Disney TVA show created by Dana Terraces, one of the many alumni of Gravity Falls who were granted their own show after the latter's success and completion. The show follows a young Afro-Latina teen named Luz Noceda (voiced by Sarah-Nicole Robles(fun fact, Luz is named after one of Dana's friends and former roommate, who works on the show as well)) who is out of the norm from everyone else due to her interests in the fanatical and just falling out of normal interests altogether. On behest of her school, her mother plans to send her to a reality check summer camp to help her get her impulses in check but before Luz can leave she chases a owl like creature who stole a book from her and stumbles upon a portal to the Boiling Isles in the Demon Realm. There she meets Eda (voiced by Wendie Malick), the Owl Lady the most powerful Witch in said realm and the most wanted criminal as well, in exchange for bringing her home, Eda asks if Luz can do a favor for her and her friend King (voiced by Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch), an intelligent Beast Demon and self-proclaimed King of Demons. After helping them out, Luz asks she can stay with them for her the summer as Eda's witch apprentice despite the fact humans cannot learn magic by any known means instead of returning home and going to the summer camp; Eda agrees and thus Luz begins her adventures at the Boiling Isles and her stay at The Owl House, a living house demon named Hooty (also voiced by Hirsch) along side Eda and King.

The show breaks a lot of barriers for a Disney cartoon, especially more than its spiritual predecessor Gravity Falls with the fight against the Disney Censors. With having a gender non-conforming bisexual protagonist as well as an openly lesbian character and as of S2E7, a non-binary character. The show as been nominated for awards and has won a Peabody Award in 2021 for Children's & Youth Programming thanks to breaking said barriers.

As of right now at the time of writing this, the shows Second Season is currently airing with Episode 27 (Episode 8 of Season 2) of the series as whole; "Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door" was released as of this post. The show is scheduled to receive a third and last season however it will be three forty-four minute episodes instead of the usual around twenty 10-22 minute episodes like Dana Terrace and fans were expecting. Fans are currently campaigning to help get the show continued so that The Owl Crew can finish the story the way they want to with a fourth season as it is too late to extend Season 3. If you haven't watch the show and want to give it a shot or want to support the show's fanbase for a continued series, the first season is on Disney Plus and its second season is slowly getting added every five episodes of the show airs.

And now that's out of the way, this thread is open for discussion of the show, theories or anything regarding the show you wish to discuss with fellow fans. Spoilers in bound for those who haven't watch the show and for those who haven't caught up with the show.

Please remember to discuss with accordance with the standard Bulbagarden Forums rules and please remember to respect each others opinions. Otherwise, happy discussing and I hope to join you all in the fun.

As you can probably tell from my avatar I LOVE The Owl House so damn much. It's one of the absolute best cartoons in recent years, probably my favorite ever Disney cartoon. It's just so well-written, the characters are so lovable, the animation is so lush and gorgeous and every episode leaves me wanting more. Lumity is one of my favorite ships in the world, it means everything to me and I only wish that I could have had something like this when I was younger.
And as of today's episode it's officially canon!! Love that for them :')

As you can probably tell from my avatar I LOVE The Owl House so damn much. It's one of the absolute best cartoons in recent years, probably my favorite ever Disney cartoon. It's just so well-written, the characters are so lovable, the animation is so lush and gorgeous and every episode leaves me wanting more. Lumity is one of my favorite ships in the world, it means everything to me and I only wish that I could have had something like this when I was younger.
And as of today's episode it's officially canon!! Love that for them :')
I still find it funny that this happened in Hooty's episode of all ones. Like this was insane for what was thought to be a filler episode. Honestly something like this should've been the last three story set up in Season 1 (Once Upon a Swap) but we got the a body swap episode which I hate those type of episodes so much thanks to Super Sentai overusing the trope.

This next part will be spoilers:

Though what I most thought funny about this episode with Lumity becoming canon and all, is that it implies either Hooty somehow stretch himself far enough to Blight Manor or somehow got his portable form there and back to kidnap Amity. Or, the bonus scene in The Owl House/Amphibia crossover table read with Amity near the Owl House is canon and she was near the Owl House the entire time which explains how Tiny Nose got roped into the episode's events.

Checked this out cause even prior to Enchanting Grom Evening, I've heard Lumity being a favorite pairing compared to Dianakko, that is Akko Kagari & Diana Cavendish from Little Witch Academia. Hetero myself, but both pairings are adorable nonetheless.

Besides which, enjoy the comedic moments and Luz's adopted family.

And of course recent episode as of the thread also acknowledges King being likened to a Pokémon (i.e. Hooty's chart suggesting he's a Pocket Monster).

How have I not discovered this thread until now?
I love the Owl House, though I haven’t seen much of Season 2. Hooray for localized availability.
It’s quite fun to watch, and probably my favorite animated show.

Oh and Golden Guard is voiced by Zeno Robinson the Dub Voice of Goh (also Prince Harry in Dragon Quest Your Story & Victor Stone/Cyborg in Young Justice Outsiders).

Deciding to revive this thread as The Owl House is finally returning! It returns March 19th alongside Amphibia according to show creator Dana Terrace.

We also have the episode summaries for the first two episodes upon its return:

Also yes, I did revived this thread so I can post this as well:

Who's excited to be back!?

I thought it was gone for good. This is great news! Is it coming back to Disney or is it elsewhere?

The Owl House News: March 13th, 2022.
Forgive the necro-double post, but I've got more news regarding The Owl House to share.

We have a small trailer showing us some of Season 2B starting at the end of this week, this will be place in a spoiler for those who wish to be in the dark as much as possible.

We got the next titles for some of the upcoming episodes, again this will be spoiler-ed for those who wish to remain in the dark as much as you can.
Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 12.03.07 PM.png

And lastly, while not strictly Owl House related, show creator Dana Terrace is doing a charity stream today in response to Disney's actions regarding a certain controversial bill in Florida and the bill in general. The charity stream will be supporting the Zebra Coalition who help LGBTQA+ youth in tough situations.

Anyways, that is all the news regarding the show. Show returns at the end of the week!! WOOOO!!!

Well, 2 hours and 54 minutes here. And to note, besides them keeping up For the Future on their YT channel, Thanks to Them has been made viewable again this month.

Even though this has probably looong been common knowledge, I still want to point this out because I thought it was so nice.
This little message in the titles of each of the finale specials.

"Thanks to Them"
"For the Future"
"Watching and Dreaming"

Yeah, I'm going to miss this show...

I've been watching it since it first aired, and I do love it! I rewatched the entire thing with my mom up until season 3, and the two of us watched season 3 together. It's really a shame it was cut so early but I think the crew handled it in a fantastic way where the final three episodes all formed a great conclusion to the show.

I'm also tempted to get my mom one of those "Bad Girl Coven" shirts for her birthday, Eda is her favorite character.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom