• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: [Everyone] The Paxton & Joseph Show (Games universe)

Interview #16 – Wulfric

Paxton: Welcome everybody, to the final Interview of this show’s first Season! I have to say, it’s been a dynamite first season, if I do say so myself. We’ve had so many great memories of the many Pokemon Trainers we’ve interviewed, and I have learned many interesting things from all of them.

Joseph: Yeah, same here.

Paxton: And now, the two of us will hold one last interview. To close off our season finale-

???: People of the Pokemon World, your attention, please. This is Captain Jeltzin of the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council. As you are no doubt aware, the plans for development of the unchartered regions of the Galaxy require the building of a hyperspatial express route through Sector 2. Regrettably, your star system is one of those scheduled for demolition. This process will begin in exactly one minute from now. We hope you do not mind.

Everyone: WE DO MIND!!!

???: Well, this project has been in planning at our RS-8474 star system office since February 27, 1996, as translated into Pokemon World time. You’ve had more than 20 years to file any formal complaints, and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now.

(everyone in the studio is in a total panic, screaming, saying goodbye to their loved ones, saying prayers, etc.)

???: What do you mean you’ve never been to RS-8474? For heaven’s sake mankind, it’s only 5.2 light years away. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs, that’s your problem. By the way, your minute is up.

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!

What formed was dire…

The Pokemon Universe as we know it, instantly vaporized by a mysterious civilization capable of space travel unbeknown to us for all this time…

I guess this is it, guys. No Generation VIII Pokemon game on the Nintendo Switch is coming after all…

But what’s this?

A group of four Pokemon are suddenly regaining consciousness in a field, far away from any sign of human civilization…

Turtwig: Ugh, my head…

Fennekin: What just happened?!

Bulbasaur: Owww…

Riolu: What is going on here?! I’ve suddenly become…a Pokemon?!

Fennekin: Okay Paxton, deep breaths…let’s see what I can remember…I WAS a human named Paxton. Last thing I remember, I was in my recording studio with my son Joseph, when suddenly a voice announced that this dimension was going to be destroyed for some kind of intergalactic space highway bypass or something.

Bulbasaur: Hey, that sounds familiar…

Riolu: I’m also named Paxton, and I was a human who owned an interview show, along with my son Joseph. We were getting ready to walk into the studio and interview Tracey Sketchit, when suddenly a loudspeaker told us of some plan for the planet to be destroyed for a space highway, or something like that. Then I heard an awful ghastly sound, followed by an awful ghastly silence, and now, here I am, as a Riolu.

Turtwig: Tracey Sketchit? Never heard of him, but, I’m the son of an interview show host named Paxton too! Actually, I co-host it with him. We were just about to interview…that’s right, Wulfric! And I was named Joseph too, but now I’m a Turtwig, apparently.

All: …Wait, WHAT?! What’s going on?! How did this happen?!

Shiny Celebi: Everybody, please, be quiet!

(The four of them suddenly spot a Shiny Celebi flying above them)

Bulbasaur: Are you the same Shiny Celebi that helped out Grovyle in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series?!

Celebi: Indeed I am. But there’s no time to explain right now. Listen to me. Long story short, I brought you all into the warp to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon universe so that you could understand the Pokemon language. The current time is 4 months in the past.

Fennekin: But what does that have to do with anything?

Celebi: I’ve just now summoned a Solgaleo and a Lunala from their respective timelines of the universe of Pokemon. They will explain everything to you.

(An Ultra Wormhole opens in front of the five Pokemon, and a Solgaleo and a Lunala come out of it)

Solgaleo: Bulbasaur and Riolu, both of you come with me. Hop onto my back.

Lunala: And Turtwig and Fennekin, both of you hop onto my back.

Solgaleo: Quickly, now! There’s no time to lose!

(Reluctantly, Turtwig and Fennekin hop onto Lunala’s back while Bulbasaur and Riolu get onto Solgaleo’s back)

Lunala: Here we go! Hold on tight!

(Lunala dives into the Ultra Wormhole with Solgaleo following closely behind.)

Turtwig and Fennekin: WHOOOOOAAAA!!!

(One wild Ultra Warp Ride later, and the three of them are in Ultra Megopolis)

Lunala: Sorry I had to take you away like this on short notice. I’ll explain the story to you now. My name is Lunala, but you can call me Nebby. I am a goddess of the moon who is capable of travelling between various dimensions.

Turtwig: (gasp) Are you the same Nebby that Lillie kept in her bag and that evolved into a Lunala during Selene’s adventure?!

Nebby: Hehehe…I certainly am! Solgaleo’s nickname is Nebby, too, and he told me that he had been raised as a Cosgmog at a Pokemon School on Melemele Island by a Trainer named Ash Ketchum. That name doesn’t ring any bells to me…but enough about that, let me tell you why you’re here. At this moment, Captain Jeltzin of the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council is visiting Ultra Megopolis to ask the Ultra Recon Squad for advice on the hyperspatial highway that is planned to run through your star system.

Fennekin: I remember that now! Thank you and Celebi for rescuing us!

Nebby: You can thank me later. The problem is, the Trainer who I can think would be an ideal ambassador for your home world, Selene, is being interviewed by your human selves from the past at this very moment. So what you have to do, is put on a show in your Pokemon forms to convince the Ultra Recon Squad to convince Captain Jeltzin not to go ahead with construction of the Sector 2 Space Highway. He’s been hearing intergalactic government figures for the past few years saying that the project should go ahead, and if he continues to hear nothing but that, he’s going to give the demolition team the all clear to destroy the world of Pokemon, and we CANNOT allow that to happen.

Fennekin: Okay, but, can they understand us as Pokemon?

Nebby: I think the Ultra Recon Squad is pretty well-versed in reading Pokemon language, despite what you may think. Wait, here they come now, go! GO!

(The two interview-show-hosts-turned-Pokemon run up to the Ultra Recon Squad, who are talking to some giant, blue-skinned alien)

Alien: Right then, I’d like to ask you a few questions, if I may.

Phyco: Proceed.

(Fennekin aka Paxton and Turtwig aka Joseph start crying out, begging the Ultra Recon Squad to reconsider.)

Phyco: It looks like these Pokemon are trying to tell us something.

Soliera: Do you think maybe they’re trying to tell the council not to proceed with the space highway plans, as the Pokemon World would be destroyed as a result?

Phyco: You know that is a very good point. Although the creatures they refer to as Pokemon can be found all throughout the Galaxy, I’ve seen firsthand how surprisingly advanced that civilization is, and, well, maybe I am getting sensitive, but after our recent visit there I think it’s almost a pity to see it destroyed for some space highway.

Alien: Well, many of our advanced interstellar civilizations seem to view the so-called Pokemon World as a primitive planet. After all, they haven’t even tried to contact us about the project. Do you have any alternative suggestions?

Phyco: I do, actually. Why not propose a new bypass around the Pokemon star system, but otherwise keep the route of the highway the same? I know this will cost more money, but from my limited understanding of Pokemon language, I think that those cute creatures beside us are trying to say that the planet they originated on and their human civilization deserve our respect.

Alien: Thank you. Your concerns are noted. I will discuss this with the rest of the council.

(Fennekin and Turtwig go back to the wormhole where Nebby is waiting)

Nebby: You did it! And I’ve just received a telepathic message from Solgaleo saying that the mission of your anime universe counterparts was a success too.

Fennekin: All right!

Turtwig: Yeah!

Nebby: I will return you to your home world now, but alas, I will also have to erase your memories of this. It is the will of Arceus that advanced civilizations such as the one behind this project cannot interfere with primitive civilizations like the Pokemon World and this is the reason why there is such a great distance between stars in this galaxy. If you were to retain any memories of this incident upon returning to the present, it would disrupt the space-time continuum of the multiverses of this world. So, sorry…and good luck with your final interview of the season with Wulfric!

(all of a sudden, a blinding white light envelops Fennekin and Turtwig, and then…the next thing they know, they’re back in their interview studio, as humans, getting ready to interview Wulfric, with no memory whatsoever of their journey through time and space or their being transformed into Pokemon)

Paxton: And now, the two of us will hold one last interview. To close off our season finale, we will interview Wulfric, one of the tougher Gym Leaders of the Kalos League and a master of Ice-type Pokemon. Everybody, please give a warm (no pun intended) welcome to Wulfric!

(Wulfric walks in, cheery as ever, as if nothing had happened – since technically, in this revised timeline of the game world, it didn’t)

Paxton: Happy to have you here with us tonight, Wulfric!

Wulfric: You know what? I’m happy to be on here myself as well!

Paxton: And now, we’ll kick off our final interview with a standard question that we’ve asked pretty much everyone on this show – why did you decide to train Ice-types?

Wulfric: Simple. Some people are capable of bending to their environment around them, like water, but not me, I’ve always been very stubborn. I like the idea of being very tough yet fragile in a battle, and how beneath my muscleman exterior and flaming passion, I’m actually quite a soft guy deep down.

Joseph: So then why did you pick Ice-types and not, say for instance, Rock-types, which are quite similar in that regard?

Wulfric: I guess you might say I’ve always liked winter sports too.

Paxton: So going back to being a soft guy deep down. Is that why you took a great concern in the well-being of the Pokemon who live in that sanctuary Pokemon Village just outside of the Route 20 Winding Woods?

Wulfric: Indeed yes. You know what? It saddens me greatly just how many trainers couldn’t care less about their Pokemon.

Joseph: I agree 110%. Do you own the Pokemon Village, or just watch over it out of the goodness of your heart?

Wulfric: More or less both. It isn’t a government-owned sanctuary, but I try to make sure that the Pokemon there have a place to live safely until they learn that humans are not always evil.

Paxton: But were you aware that a Mewtwo had taken up residence in one of the caves there?

Wulfric: No, I wasn’t.

Paxton: Okay. Well then, back to Gym Leader topics. What would you say has been your greatest achievement as a Gym Leader so far?

Wulfric: Definitely getting my hands on an Abomasite for my Abomasnow! It’s only too bad that Calem and Serena fought me just days before I was able to locate one. I think my battles with them would’ve been much more hotly contested if only I could’ve showed them the true power of Mega Abomasnow!

(A poster pops up saying “Come to Celadon City Cafe! Coffee, sandwiches – we’ve got it all!”)

Paxton: I hate advertisements on my show. But I have to have them to keep it going. Anyway, is there any truth to the rumor that the Gym’s cold air is responsible for Snowbelle City’s year-round snow?

Wulfric: Not really. Some of the wild Abomasnow do help out with creating snow using their Snow Warning ability, but Snowbelle City is really just another alpine city when you come down to it.

Joseph: What elevation does Snowbelle City sit at?

Wulfric: 3,500 feet above sea level.

Paxton: And that’s all of our questions, which means that…for the final time this season, it’s time for questions from the audience! Yes, the Pokemon Ranger in seat 93!

Pokemon Ranger Brooke: Do you ever take time to take care of the trees in the Winding Woods as well?

Wulfric: No, I’ve got a Gym to run and Pokemon to take care of, so I leave that job to you Pokemon Rangers.

Pokemon Ranger Brooke: Trevenant also play a role in maintaining the forest habitat too.

Paxton: Seat 81.

Ace Trainer Theo: Oh Leader Wulfric, how do you beat a Fire-type Pokemon? They always seem to get me…I’m not used to leaving my type-related bases uncovered like you Gym Leaders!

Wulfric: Maybe you ought to consider adding a Water & Ice type Pokemon like Lapras to your team? Or devise some kind of strategy like teaching an Abomasnow Earthquake through a TM26? That’s what I did.

Paxton: Seat 23.

Garcon Jacques: Can I have a job at your Gym? I haven’t been making that much tip money these days at Restaurant Le Nah.

Wulfric: We’ll see. Talk to me after this show is over to set up a time for an interview and trial Pokemon battle.

Paxton: And with that, we’ve reached the end of this interview. Wulfric, it was nice getting to know you.

Wulfric: You know what? It was nice getting to know you and Joseph, too!

(Wulfric gets up and heads out back behind the studio building to wait for the show to end, so he can arrange a time to have yet another interview, but in the position of the interviewer, with the Garcon from the audience)

Paxton: And that will do it for the Paxton and Joseph Show! Let’s give one final big round of applause to myself, my son Joseph, and all of the great Trainers we have interviewed on this show!!!

(Everyone applauds wildly)

Paxton: If we decide to have a second season of this show, we will let you all know. Until then, this is Paxton…

Joseph: And Joseph…

Paxton: Saying…

Paxton and Joseph: END TRANSMISSION!!!

Last edited:
Stay tuned for the final Epilogue, which will be posted after I finish the last two Interviews on the anime side of the story!

Epilogue

(Paxton and Joseph are in the living room, watching a Pokemon battle on the television. Two Cooltrainers are battling it out in a 3 vs 3. The male Cooltrainer sends out a Golem, while the female Cooltrainer sends out a Butterfree)

Announcer: And here they are, the champions of tomorrow! No one knows who will win this battle, especially since each Trainer has a team made up of Pokemon of entirely different types, but what kind of battle can we expect to see?

Male Cooltrainer: Golem, use Rock Slide!

Announcer: Here’s the first move…

(It’s super effective!)

Announcer: A mighty blow from the word go!

(Butterfree is taken out with one hit)

Announcer: TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!

Female Cooltrainer: Butterfree, enough, come back!

Announcer: This is a wild one from the word go!

Joseph: What, is the announcer getting paid every time he says the words “from the word go”? Because I’d, from the word go, like to get in on that ac-from the word go-tion.

Paxton: From from the word go what I’ve heard, announcers for Pokemon battles don’t sell out for cheap. One of my co-workers once told me that Ted Lewis gets 50,000 Pokedollars every time he mentions some kind of fun-time emporium.

(The battle continues, until both trainers are down to their final Pokemon, a Lapras and a Dragonite)

Female Cooltrainer: Lapras, Ice Beam, let’s go!

Announcer: Cosmic Bowling Ice Beam hits! It’s Celadon City Game Corner super effective!

(Dragonite is knocked out. The Female Cooltrainer wins the battle)

Announcer: AND THERE GOES THE that lazer tag place down the street BATTLE!!!

Paxton: …I rest my case.

Joseph: That was still an interesting battle though!

Paxton: Anyway, Joseph, I wanted to tell you something. I’ve been trying to set up preparations for a 2019 season of the Paxton and Joseph Show, but so far I’ve run into a few snags. So, looking back on all the great times we had together on air with each other and all the things we learned about our 16 different interviewees, I’ve been meaning to ask you – would you like-

(Suddenly, the doorbell rings)

Paxton: I’ll get that.

(Paxton answers the door)

Paxton: Knock knock, who’s there?

Girl: Hello! (blushing shyly) Uh, are you Paxton…the same Paxton who used to host an interview show here alongside his son Joseph?

Paxton: Who you? You who? Who, me? Yes, you! Knock knock, knock knock…who you? You who?

(Paxton suddenly changes his tone)

Paxton: Seriously though, yes I’m Paxton, but who are you and why are you here?

Girl: My name is Alice. I just moved into a house a little ways down the street from you guys. I’ve seen a couple episodes of your show on TV, and I was wondering if Joseph is available to talk right now?

Coming in summer 2019…

The Joseph and Alice Podcast!!!

THE END

Last edited:
And so that's it. Sorry it took me so long to get around to writing the Epilogue.

The Joseph and Alice Podcast will be a sequel fanfiction that will take place entirely in the Games universe, and I will begin writing it once we know more about Gen VIII Pokémon on the Switch.

Anyway, this and its Anime universe equivalent were my first two ever Pokémon fanfictions, so any feedback is welcomed! Feel free to post below your thoughts on the show, your favorite Interviews, and so forth.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom