• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP The platinum episode speculation

Reaction score
So if the delta episode tells us anything they aren't going to include platinums story in the main game (only real story change being the climax anyway) so we are likely to get something for giratina in the post game. How do you guys think it will play out?

There is a good set up for this episode because originally in DP cyrus just walks away and is still at large so looker could pop up at this point asking for your help finding him.

I do think Giratina will get a post game story arc that may or may not have us visit the Distortion World. I was going to say Arceus would feature in this one, but with LA they're going to make Arceus exclusive to that game instead of giving it the Deoxys treatment in this one.

I do think Giratina will get a post game story arc that may or may not have us visit the Distortion World. I was going to say Arceus would feature in this one, but with LA they're going to make Arceus exclusive to that game instead of giving it the Deoxys treatment in this one.
Hoping darkrai gets that treatment with cressila. It makes no sense to have one Pokemon out of a duo event exclusive. Only mystery dungeon delivered on their relationship.

What DLC? BSDP will be secondary to Legends next year. There's already a leaked Legends screenshot showing the Distortion World portal, so I wouldn't bet on a Giratina episode for BSDP. The games shouldn't overlap that much.

I hope Looker isn't heavily involved; I got sick of him by the time we got Sun and Moon and even in the original Platinum I thought he was such an irrelevant character who may as well have no even existed. Tbh I didn't like Delta Episode in ORAS much so I hope that any BDSP equivalent is better than that.

A Giratina themed post game plot is almost certain and I hope it's longer than Delta Episode or the Looker Bureau thing from X and Y.

What DLC? BSDP will be secondary to Legends next year. There's already a leaked Legends screenshot showing the Distortion World portal, so I wouldn't bet on a Giratina episode for BSDP. The games shouldn't overlap that much.
If anything, we miiiiiggght get a Temporal World and Spatial World to coincide with Dialga and Palkia if we get lucky. In fact, I think that having those those as BDSP's climax could help set it apart from both Platinum and the original Diamond and Pearl.

now that you mention Legends. They don't even have a timeframe to release a DLC for BDSP in.

I don't think we'll have one. The "remakes" will probably ignore the distortion world/giratina/charon. I mean I hope we get those in the games but I don't expect them to be in tbh

If we're getting the National Pokédex, I hope this Platinum episode is us catching the remaining Sinnoh Legendaries (including the Mythicals) in order to get the National Dex. Not going to give up on this until it's been specifically deconfirmed for Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. And no, a statement about future games during Sword and Shield's development does not count when plans could change. But this quest for the Sinnoh Legendaries can be similar to the Delta Episode in having the involvement of the third box legendary (Giratina, like Rayquaza from ORAS) and a chance to catch the last Mythical in the region's section of the Dex (Arceus, like Deoxys from ORAS). Only it's expanded to include all the Sinnoh Legendaries and Mythicals, as a scavenger hunt to fill out your Sinnoh Dex before you go on to the full post-game with the Battle Frontier. A small portion Battle Zone would be accessible so that you can get Heatran. The Marley quest on Victory Road would lead to Shaymin.

Absolutely nothing for Giratina, let alone Arceus. That's what Legends is for.

Looker, Charon and Heatran could get a more expansive version of the Platinum event, though. They might throw Darkrai and Cresselia into the mix.

Absolutely nothing for Giratina, let alone Arceus. That's what Legends is for.

Looker, Charon and Heatran could get a more expansive version of the Platinum event, though. They might throw Darkrai and Cresselia into the mix.
I don't think they'd give Giratina nothing, lets not be that cynical, Rayquaza arguably got better treatment in the delta episode than he did in emerald. Even if LA has something for Giratina doesn't mean he can't have a post game quest here too.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom