• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The PokéJapan Project

NikNaks

Reaction score
If anyone knows me from DeviantArt or PokéCommunity, this might not be new to you, but it may have changed somewhat since you last saw it. Essentially, it's my vision of the Pokémon world, as if it really was based on the geography of Japan:

poke__japan___version_2_by_niknaks93-d3454u3.png

Link

If the image doesn't show up, please let me know so I can upload it somewhere else.

So, these are regions placed in locations that seemed logical or accurate. Feedback welcome.

Also, I *was* wondering if Bulbapedia would be interested in using it in a similar manner to the Pokéworld on Serebii, but that's just me feeding my ego. xD

Last edited:
neat

i like the style, and how it matches into its real places

Hasn't this been done before? I forget where, though. And it used the actual colours.

Good job. I think I've seen this before.
Everything looks so official and correct :)

This is seriously cool. Especially since my former home is so close to the NE corner of Kanto. (^_^)

poke__japan___squashed_by_niknaks93-d346usf.png

I hope that answers your question. :3 Thanks for the comments guys. Do you think I should include anime locations? Or perhaps Stadium locations?

Well, I guess so. Or maybe make another map (copy/Paste) and include anime locations in it.

^ I was thinking about that. Any idea what to start with, though? Anime cities and towns, perhaps?

EDIT: Also, update:
poke__japan___version_2_by_niknaks93-d3454u3.png

Last edited:
It's not, really, so I've altered it:

poke__japan___version_2_5_by_niknaks93-d34l81k.png

I've updated the OP with a new version. I'm going to do versions with the bar at the bottom and without, but without to begin with.

Was this games only? I'm wondering about the lack of Orange Islands.

Also, why is Sinjoh ruins in between Kanto and Sinnoh even though it's north of Ecruteak in the ingame map?

Was this games only? I'm wondering about the lack of Orange Islands.
Yes, this is a map using game regions. I'm planning to make one for the anime, either using this, or one of the globes I saw posted in the World Maps thread. I do actually have the Orange Islands already mapped out in this style, so I'll just need to fix up the islands and slot them in place of the Seviis.
Also, why is Sinjoh ruins in between Kanto and Sinnoh even though it's north of Ecruteak in the ingame map?
Ah, well, I figured the arrow just meant "up there somewhere". xD And they seemed like the best mountains that were sort-of equidistant between Sinnoh and Johto. If that makes sense.

Those maps are the best that I've ever seen! I've been wanting to do something like that for years!

Haha, thanks! If you have any suggestions, please say!

Back
Top Bottom