• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Adventures Manga Shipping Thread

petal_dance_by_yassui-d49wlj0.jpg
the_wedding_bride_by_yassui-d49eyj3.jpg
Fanart by me. yassui.deviantart.com

warmth_of_your_kiss_by_yassui-d49u2kh.jpg
Fanart by me. yassui.deviantart.com

THESE SHIPPINGS WIN!!

Wow, your art is gorgeous! And I totally agree, so much love to frantic/specialshippings <3~

Wow, your art is gorgeous! And I totally agree, so much love to frantic/specialshippings <3~

Thank you <3 Heck yeah! special and frantic rocks!

@yassui: You're an amazing artist! Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and Frantic and Special are two of my absolute favorite ships in Special <3

Thank you <3 These two are my faves too. I just draw too much specialshipping <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. I am a very very crazy shipper here xD Specially about Pokesupe. I like GenderShipping (Gold X Bugsy) and PrasinoShipping (Green X Emerald)
But I love love choosen and special ^^
I like to draw, here's two drawings of Prasino (I'm patykida in DA)
lol-2.png

Stevie Wonder's "I just called to say I love You" is very badass !xD
shoujomoment.png

I like frontiershipping (Emerald X Crystal) a lot too ^^ I'm an Emerald fan-girl)

Pokemon Adventures/Specials: Romance

Hello, before people start criticizing (that's what some forum people love to do :ksmile:), I know the Pokémon manga is generally children-orientated.

Heck, even the anime, games and apparel or whatever are heavily children-orientated, explaining the once enjoyable TV show now a bit tad bland or repetitive.

Nevertheless, I still can be considered somewhat of a hardcore Pokémon fan, indulging in fully EV-Trained Pokémon and whatnots... :ksmile:
I do believe that the Pokémon manga, although the most evolving part of the Pokémon franchise, should fully evolve out of its stereotypical genre-ish story-plot...
Romance wouldn't hurt, would it...? It's just my opinion, ignore it if it pisses you off.
PLATINUM & DIAMOND FANBOY HERE :)

Okay, so moving onto the main topic... The romance in the Pokémon manga.

The confirmed couples are the evident Ruby and Sapphire. (Much evidence points that they are already a couple, with Winona and Ruby's mentor talking about their relationship at one point in the Emerald Arc.)

But are there any other relationships I've missed? I'll be happy with even the slightest hints... :)

Apart from Yellow and Misty having their secret crushes on Red, I don't think there's anything else? (Crystal on Gold perhaps?)

Also, I have another intriguing thing to point out.
Please do look at this link: Green (Adventures) - The Pokémon Wiki

It's a link referring to Green in the manga, and the profiling states that she had kissed Red, and even went with him for a honeymoon.

I rubbed my eyes, and rubbed them again, even went to look at the comics for these presumed events. I couldn't find the above mentioned events.
Of course, I may have missed out something, but I'd like to inquire...

Did these events actually happen? :O!
Omg, how could I have missed them if it actually did?!

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon Adventures/Specials: Romance

Before I close this thread, I'd like to make a few points:

Hello, before people start criticizing (that's what some forum people love to do :ksmile:), I know the Pokémon manga is generally children-orientated.

Heck, even the anime, games and apparel or whatever are heavily children-orientated, explaining the once enjoyable TV show now a bit tad bland or repetitive.

Nevertheless, I still can be considered somewhat of a hardcore Pokémon fan, indulging in fully EV-Trained Pokémon and whatnots... :ksmile:
I do believe that the Pokémon manga, although the most evolving part of the Pokémon franchise, should fully evolve out of its stereotypical genre-ish story-plot...
Romance wouldn't hurt, would it...? It's just my opinion, ignore it if it pisses you off.
PLATINUM & DIAMOND FANBOY HERE :)

Okay, so moving onto the main topic... The romance in the Pokémon manga.

Please be aware that the manga you're talking about is not the sole Pokemon manga. There are dozens of other ones and it'd be much more appreciated if you called it by name instead of simply "the manga", as that tends to irritate some people.

The confirmed couples are the evident Ruby and Sapphire. (Much evidence points that they are already a couple, with Winona and Ruby's mentor talking about their relationship at one point in the Emerald Arc.)

They confirmed that they like each other. They are not a couple.

Hell, it's confirmed that Ruby is pretending that the confession never happened.

But are there any other relationships I've missed? I'll be happy with even the slightest hints... :)

Apart from Yellow and Misty having their secret crushes on Red, I don't think there's anything else? (Crystal on Gold perhaps?)

Other than Dia's crush on Platinum, no.

Also, I have another intriguing thing to point out.
Please do look at this link: Green (Adventures) - The Pokémon Wiki

It's a link referring to Green in the manga, and the profiling states that she had kissed Red, and even went with him for a honeymoon.

I rubbed my eyes, and rubbed them again, even went to look at the comics for these presumed events. I couldn't find the above mentioned events.
Of course, I may have missed out something, but I'd like to inquire...

Did these events actually happen? :O!
Omg, how could I have missed them if it actually did?!

Please be aware that the place you just linked to is the Pokemon Wiki. Which is run by idiots.

Poorly-written articles, information that is far from confirmed, etc, etc.

The answer to your question is no. They never kissed.

And sorry, but I have to close this thread as this is Shipping, which goes in this section.

Edit: Meh. Decided to move it instead.

...Wait. Does this count as posting in the Shipping section? Ew....

I always think that Crystal and Gold were together
MANGAQUEST 4EVER
Other than that I should really think that Frantic should be considered Cannon

My apologies, I didn't realize we had a similar thread already (it must have been a few pages back!) so I'm going to merge this one with the older thread. :)

Manga pokemon shipping

Post random stuff based off of pokemon shippings on manga (manga is not under the family-friendly code because it is a book and putting the law is pointless. So yes an alt. pokemon series that stars ash in a manga book)

Re: Manga pokemon shipping

Yeah whatever. I'm just say it is an alternative world.

I meant saying. Derp

There's no need to double post to correct a mistake, instead, just edit your previous post! :) (Just click "Edit Post" in the lower right hand corner of your post!)

Also, we already have a thread for Manga shipping, so I have merged this one with that one.

YES! Finally people who understand :D

I am absolutely In LOVE with Frantic Shipping. <3 o <3
I accidentally read the article on their ship on Bulbapedia and fell completely in love with it which lead to me buying the complete RuSa Arc.
It should really be canon by now... if only Ruby hadn't "FORGOTTEN" ahem! Hm..? D:

Other Manga Ships I Love:
> Special Shipping
> OldRival Shipping
> MangaQuest Shipping
> Commoner Shipping
> Agency Shipping

I always wondered why Manga Shippers are so few... I couldn't find a lot -.-

So, anyone can explain to me why specialshipping is so popular? I find LuckyShipping better, since Red and Green has the same age, and, at least, they appear to like each other in the manga. SpecialShipping does not seems to have a really bright future, since is a relationship with only Yellow expressing interest in this happening.

Oh, and before anything more is said, BACK FROM ASHES! (Or I would say, reborn from the ashes)

So, anyone can explain to me why specialshipping is so popular? I find LuckyShipping better, since Red and Green has the same age, and, at least, they appear to like each other in the manga. SpecialShipping does not seems to have a really bright future, since is a relationship with only Yellow expressing interest in this happening.

Oh, and before anything more is said, BACK FROM ASHES! (Or I would say, reborn from the ashes)

I'm no expert on the manga but my understanding is that ChoosenShipping given their history or the popularity of OldRivalShipping mean that most pair green with someone else.As such it sort of leaves yellow as a decent fit for red.Also they did have pikachu which bred with each other so perhaps that has something to do with it's popularity.I'm guessing though.

Back
Top Bottom