• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon anime officially hits 700 total episodes

I don't quite understand the purpose of this thread, Scott...

Even if all of us have "seen" 700 episodes, 14 movies, 20+ special episodes of this anime, there are still (to this day) episodes that were removed from circulation. Theoretically, none of us have "seen" the Whiscash episode, and the majority of international viewers have not seen the Ice Cave episode back in Johto, as well the Porygon and Dratini episodes (that were not aired at all) back in Kanto. Is this supposed to be a bragging right that you have supposedly "watched" everything anime-related that has been featured as an episode or bundled as a movie, even though it should be impossible given the circumstances?

It does not matter if this anime has over 700 episodes, in a fan site's perspective. The true official numbering that TV TOKYO uses does not count each of the previous three regions as a "season," but a different series as a whole. Some of the "episodes" that Serebii and the majority of other fansites counted in AG and DP are not counted in TV TOKYO's official lineup for that system. In fact, these fansites tend to have disputes whether certain episodes should be counted or not.

What is the purpose of this thread; to criticize older fans for not wanting to resuming watching this anime out of sheer boredom and repetitiveness, or to scold the newer fans who may have not been old enough (or perhaps were not born yet) to watch the original saga of this show? None of us on these forums could have possibly watched every single episode that was produced to air, but did not air due to some circumstance.

Along the way, this anime aired hundreds of episodes that could have been skipped because they had no bearing on the actual storyline. Perhaps some viewers just decided not to watch all of the episodes because the anime had pointless fillers in between the important elements of the timeline?

This is just like The Simpsons. Does it really matter if anybody watches all 450-something episodes of a cartoon that had been airing over the past 20-something years? This same principle applies to Pocket Monsters as well. Since this anime does recycle newer characters and storylines, whether or not a viewer has watched everything from the absolute beginning should have no relevance here. In fact, when the anime chooses to apply this method, it actually embraces the newer viewers to watch because there is no punishment for not watching everything that happened up until this point.

We should be thankful that this anime has reached that 14-year milestone in the first place. This was an anime, I might add, that was supposed to only air for a year and a half (approx. 80 episodes). There were some people who did watch the majority (and yes, I say majority because there were episodes and presentations along the way that none of us fans and viewers had the access or privilege of watching) of this anime for the past 14 years.

I wouldn't make such a big deal just because Serebii listed this as the "700th episode." Bulbagarden and other fan sites have listed that recently announced episode otherwise, and some others do not even use a consecutive numbering system for every series. The official numbering system that TV TOKYO uses lists that episode as something completely else.

Last edited:
Seen every episode, special, and movie except for the episode where Jessie caught Lickitung. I gotta say, thank Arceus for DVDs.

I don't quite understand the purpose of this thread

I don't think it is meant to be taken quite as you may have. The banned episodes people obviously can't see, and from the OP I don't see it being portrayed as a bragging right.

It's just a simple question.

I've seen every English episode, movie & special, and in Japanese up to where the dub is at (as of this writing BW018).

Seen every episode, special, and movie except for the episode where Jessie caught Lickitung. I gotta say, thank Arceus for DVDs.

If you've watched everything else, why holding off on that one episode? ^^

If you've watched everything else, why holding off on that one episode? ^^
*leans in and whispers* Because I'm lazy.

Oh, and I recently caught up on the AG episodes I missed. Imagine those who came late into the anime and want to catch up?

I've seen most of the series, missing some AG and DP here and there, and possibly some Johto..but since I watched that every Saturday morning I'm not sure.

Specials? I haven't really bothered to watch one since Chronicles aired in America, except maybe the MD ones. I don't bother with them because I find them pointless.

I do plan to one day go back and slowly watch this stretchfest of a show again. But I'll only be reminded of 700+ episodes of amazing wasted potential.

700...wow, holy crap. That's a bit much...if it goes on another 14 years events from the past will seem too distant...they already are beginning too. 700 is waaaaaaaaay too many episodes! Not that I don't love the show but, all 700 revolving around Ash, who is still ten, it's a bit eccessive if you ask me. But, I'll be here until the bitter end. I haven't seem them all but, I've probably seen at least 85% and all the movies and specials.
:) Here's hoping that we don't reach 1,400...or at least that I get to watch the finale before I die...XD

I haven't seen every episode- more like 200ish.
Anyway, another milestone. Wonder what's going to happen between 700 and 800.

I've missed some Johto filler that I like slept through back in 2002 and never caught again, and there are some DP episodes I didn't care enough about to watch even though I paid attention to the review threads and stuff. Seen all the movies and most of the specials aside from the pikachu ones.

One Piece just reached 500 and a lot of people were saying how they didn't know any other animes that had hit that, and I was quick to point out Pokemon was far beyond that. Not from a serialization, so it's a bit different, but still 700 episodes is terrific.

That's quite a milestone, isn't it?

The only episodes of the main series I haven't seen are the The Ice Cave and the first two clip shows - I'd started watching on Keyhole by the time the DP120 clip show rolled around, though.

I've seen a few episodes of Chronicles, but haven't seen the majority of them still. I also haven't seen movies 3-7 yet, or any of the Pikachu shorts except the two that were stuck to the theatrical releases of the first two movies, or MoMP.

I've never seen the Wishcash AG episode. I've also never seen the Rocket VS Plasma and Fishing Sommelier BW episodes either. *sobs*

I haven't seen anywhere near all the episodes.

I've seen ALL of Kanto, and all but maybe five Orange Island episodes. I missed large chunks of Johto, including the Johto League. I've seen most of the Hoenn episodes, with the exception of some fillers I just didn't bother watching. I missed many BF episodes, since I got out of watching the anime for a while. Diamond and Pearl I have watched the majority of episodes. Once again, there are several fillers I skipped over, but I've seen all important episodes. Black and White, I've skipped a few episodes.

I've seen a few of the Side story episodes. Well, maybe about half. And I've definitely watched every single movie.

Being the nerd I am, I'm proud to say I have indeed seen all 700. (Or will once the next few air.)

Okay, every episode is on average 20 minutes long, right? So times 700 by 20 is 14000. Divide that by 60 (minutes in an hour), and then by 24.

You could watch every Pokemon episode in roughly 9.7 days, if you spent every single minute of each 24-hour day watching Pokemon.

All Dubbed EPS of Kanto,Jonto Most Of AG(or all ) , DP,Most Of DP:GB,Most Of DP:Sinnoh,18 EPS of dubbed B&W And 5 Jap B&W Eps

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom