• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon anime officially hits 700 total episodes

Unfortunately, I haven't watched every episode, I mostly watch ones that appeal to me (like Episodes 454 and 618). I'm not surprised if Pokemon gets 1000 episodes!

700 episodes is quite impressive :)

While I probably haven't seen every episode, I have seen a pretty big portion of the series though, save for seasons 4-6 and part of season 7.

I've seen some of the Chronicles episodes and have seen every movie with the exception of Movie 4.

I've seen all of Kanto, all of Orange Islands, nearly all of Johto, because I'm missing a few episodes here and there, especially the digital part of it. I've watched about half of Hoenn, all of Sinnoh except for the end of Diamond and Pearl and one or two other episodes, and BW up to BW020.

EDIT:
Pokemon has only been running 14 years. There are plenty of other TV shows that have gone on longer.

Yep. A lot of progams have gone on for more than 14 years; Doctor Who and The Simpsons have been going for 48 years and 22 years, respectively.

So how many episodes does pokemon compared to the simpsons

Simpsons is only coming up on its 500th episode.

The reason Pokemon has so many more episodes is that there are almost 50 new pokemon episodes every year, yet Simpsons only has 22 episodes in every season.

^ if I'm not mistaken doraemon has over 1000 episodes xD

besides the ANA shorts and maybe a few pikachu shorts, I've seen every pokemon episode every movie and every special (I kind of feel like a pokemon fantard for watching so much) =P
I started watching the anime in Japanese halfway through DP though and personally I feel it A LOT better compared to the dub

for some reason the anime is actually fun to watch when you watch a lot of episodes back to back at a time despite most of the episodes being fillers

I have seen every episode every movie I even have all the soundtracks.Though I have been really growing out of pokemon however my little brother has not in fact he is just starting to get obsessed with it.*Cries*It makes me so happy such a touching moment.Anyway its kinda embarrassing that I am 19 and I can pretty much name and tell the pain plot of mostly all the older episodes just by watching a few clips even if I have not seen the episodes in years.Also I stopped watching the dub within the first 3 episodes of dp man I hated dp mainly the dubbing though just never really liked sinoh oh well.

I have to say, anyone who managed to sit through all of Johto's filler episodes deserves a badge of honor. Its not so bad now that you can watch through multiple eps a day, but back when Johto was "new" and airing for the first time, we had to sit through only one episode a week like now, only back then there were endless fillers between each Gym.

You couldn't even hope for Ash to get any cool Pokemon in Johto because all they gave him was the starters and barely evolved any of them. Heracross was Oak'd like 30 eps in and Phanpy didn't evolve till BF.

I have to say, anyone who managed to sit through all of Johto's filler episodes deserves a badge of honor. Its not so bad now that you can watch through multiple eps a day, but back when Johto was "new" and airing for the first time, we had to sit through only one episode a week like now, only back then there were endless fillers between each Gym.

I sat through all the Johto fillers, except for a few near the end of Master Quest, and I was watching one every weekday (back when they were repeated on Toonami).

I would've sat through all those episodes, but there was that banned Ice Cave episode... >=D

It would be interesting watching every episode of the Pokemon series. But I current don't have the motivation to legally get every episode just to do that. I don't really have a motivation to watch every episode in a row...

Funny thing is if I didn't see all of Johto in its original run, I probably would never go back and watch it now. The only reason I did rewatch it is because I know which eps of Johto were good and which weren't.

Let's face it, with 700 total eps now, most people will obviously not bother to watch every episode, and if you missed older sagas like Johto or AG, there's no reason to go back and watch it all unless you just want to know everything that happened in the series. I've noticed most people who watched AG were the ones who were around when it was airing for the first time, but if you missed it in its original run, it doesn't stand out anymore now that its sandwiched inbetween all the other sagas.

I've seen all 700 main episodes, the Chronicles, the movies, and most of the shorts. I might be missing a short or two that was included with a movie or something; I'd have to look, but I think that's all I'm missing. Many of these ep's are hard to find, but I've managed to watch 99% of them in order. As you, Gliscor'd, and mint said, it's not that bad when you watch multiple ep's at a time. However, even doing a marathon run, it still took me a couple months to get from ep 001 to around mid-DP. At that point, I'd caught up to the regular airing schedule.

Well the only sagas that truly take a long time to get through are Johto and DP, simply due to the mass of episodes.

Kanto and Orange are fairly short, Hoenn is only 130 episodes, and Battle Frontier was also only 65 eps.

Its really only Johto and DP that take a while to get through. Although at least DP had better substance to it than Johto.

Nope and I don't know if I ever will. I saw all of Kanto and the Orange Islands. I missed out on some of the Johto fillers, AG is when I stopped for a while, DP I drifted in and out, and i'm not really paying attention to BW. Since I haven't bought any of the episodes i'd have to go find them on a website or two wich wouldn't be a problem as I already know 1 good site. I just don't want to watch all the episodes right now.

I sit through Johto three times,does that mean i deserve 3 badges?

But in all honestly while i understand that you dont like Johto i disagree that this saga was junk.It had is flaws just like its case with any other region but it had its highlights too.
We had great character dynamic with Ash,Misty and Brock being good personality wise and
one of things i liked was that several Kanto characters like Todd,Duplica,Koga sister Aya or Ritchie returned in Johto for one reason or another being nice throwback in past.

Speaking of huge amount of episodes pokemon reached when i did marathon of rewatching previous series with three episodes at day watch you can quite fast flow through them.I only regret never being able to watch banned episodes because judging by what i know they seem pretty cool.

At this point im sure pokemon will reach without doubt 1000 episodes.

Its kind of funny, because now kids were born and grew up watching the series way after all of the early seasons. The overall fanbase is now split between 20+ year old adults who grew up with Kanto from 12 years ago, or new 7-10 year old kids who grew up watching the newer seasons first.

There are some kids who watched DP as their first saga, or others who watched AG as their first saga, and others who are watching BW as their first saga.

Now that the anime has gone on for so long, you can arguably say a large chunk of the shows fanbase wasn't around back during the Kanto/Johto days of the anime.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom