• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Art Academy Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Soooooo... I've been playing Pokémon Art Academy a lot recently. As a kid, I was interested in drawing and doodling, and actually wanted this game, but I never pursued it as I got older, which makes me sad now. So, I'm actually playing it for once in my life, and I'm having incredibly super amounts of fun with it~ it's going to teach me good fundamentals I hope ahahahaha....

So, discuss it, post pictures, whatever!

I have a New Nintendo 2DS XL (Poké Ball edition~~), and well, the stylus for that model is super short, so it's... well, I guess the 3DS wouldn't be a very good drawing tablet by default I suppose ahahahaa... but until I get a Steam Deck to draw with (yes, I'm going to be using it partly as a drawing tablet), I'll make do with this. Anyways!!

I hope I can do things without outlines soon, it feels like it's cheating LOL, but that's what the basics are for. Besides, you can change things up as you wish, too~

IMG_8576.JPG

It's a cute Pichu !
I remember seeing a marvelous picture from this game on Miiverse in 2014, the artist drew Rosa with a Pokémon and the quality was impressive, it didn't feel like the art was made on such a small screen.
I wonder if it's stored somewhere on the Internet...

• Staff
I went from tracing to doing outline shapes! Progress, right!? Sooo.. my first few drawings with construction shapes were kind of REALLY messy, but, this one was okay I think!! I'm doing a Victini one right now, but I just finished a Charmander picture that I started a few days ago.

SPOILER_IMG_9027.jpg

I have a looooooong ways to to still, but I'd like to think that I'm learning the basics, at least, from this hopefully? LOL.

I was on Twitter when I found this artist that made some insane art on Pokemon art academy. I suppose that it's how you use the tools what makes the art and don't the tool itself.
20230125_231312.jpg
20230125_231315.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom