• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
The old thread had to be closed due to the constant whining about certain regions having the application while others didn't, but now that Pokémon Bank is available in North America and Europe, we'll start again! Be warned though, if this thread goes the same way as the old one, the same result will happen.

So come here to discuss your experiences with Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter!

Transferring is a bit clunky, I have to say. Why you have to move only Box 1 and then empty the Transport Box on Bank in order to transfer again I have no idea. But, organising pokémon works just dandy, especially since you can freely organise your XY Boxes at the same time

Before the second update, my movie Genesect couldn't get through the PokeTransporter because the Bank recognized it as a hack.

However, after the update, I could safely transfer it over... which was one day before my free trial expired.

I just downloaded Poke Bank and now am getting Poke Transporter, I also got my Pass for the free trial. Cant wait to start using it and get the Celebi nice of them to give me my favorite event Pokemon for using it :) Gonna have to spend the day organizing my boxes and transfering some Pokemon.

Welp, it's certainly somewhat useful despite the clunkiness. I don't get why they made it so you can't use the touch screen except when naming things but oh well.
Having transferred every single legendary and tested the boundaries of its hack check (it's still laughable :p) I've now arranged it like so;
first box contains Unown forms, then all subsequent boxes are for my LiveDex, then the next boxes will be for forme differences (if I can get them) such as Gastrodon, Sawsbuck, etc.

Oh, have I mentioned that Winter Sawsbuck looks amazing? I loved it more than the others in BW2 and I love it more in XY! :D

Bank still flags up my Hayley's Phione as a hack, which is a pain.

Welp, it's certainly somewhat useful despite the clunkiness. I don't get why they made it so you can't use the touch screen except when naming things but oh well.
Having transferred every single legendary and tested the boundaries of its hack check (it's still laughable :p) I've now arranged it like so;
first box contains Unown forms, then all subsequent boxes are for my LiveDex, then the next boxes will be for forme differences (if I can get them) such as Gastrodon, Sawsbuck, etc.

I'm compiling a Living Pokédex for the first time since Sapphire, too. I planned down the layout yesterday and came to the conclusion it'll take 804 spots in total, or a bit shy 27 boxes, to store all the Pokémon (except Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion) and their variations, defined by a form or gender having its own sprite (so two Unfezant but only one Hippowdon) and being able to exist without items in the first place. I have all the forms included in the National Dex order instead of being put aside as a separate box, though.

My plan actually has 810 spots reserved but I just figured out Pumpkaboo forms don't really satisfy my definition :p

Bank still flags up my Hayley's Phione as a hack, which is a pain.

Thats really weird you'd think they'd know what their own legit events were when making the hack check.

With all kinds of special cases for obtaining otherwise unusual Pokémon been around along the years (most notably events, but of course also Ranch, XD moves, Dream World, etc.), it isn't too unexpected for them to have difficulties with corner cases. Hopefully they'll manage to fix that, though.

Last edited:
Well at least the hack check recognized my Extrasensory Moltres as legal wich is a move he can only have in XD. It gets pretty tiresome transfering from a Gen 5 game to the Bank since you need to constantly switch games.

Last edited:
Yeah, the false flagging is a bit of a pain. I pity anyone who legitimately got a shiny Jirachi from the Bonus Disc.

I had friends who Extremespeed Dragonite didn't go through

Alright, well now we're talking. Going to get Pokemon Y as soon as possible so I can have fun transferring over a team of level 5's to start anew with.

Has anybody had any problems with it? Ive tried to transfer pokes, and it worked but now they won't show up in the poke bank, Ha ive only had this for an hour and it's already messing up on me.

Bank is now live in NA too. Shame, I was hoping for a slightly longer period where those in the PAL region could feel smug superiority. Oh well :p
EDIT: Wait...they re-released it in JP territories for about 1-2 weeks with no word, yet it took only 1 day for it to spread from PAL to US?

Bank is now live in NA too. Shame, I was hoping for a slightly longer period where those in the PAL region could feel smug superiority. Oh well :p
EDIT: Wait...they re-released it in JP territories for about 1-2 weeks with no word, yet it took only 1 day for it to spread from PAL to US?
That's cool. Will get it once I return home (my 3DS doesn't like my university's internet). Got my Black and Black 2 boxes prepared to send through the Transporter.

Thank Arceus we now have Pokemon Bank. When I first read that it was out I immediately ran upstairs to grab my 3DS xD

Ugh, transferring is so annoying though. Why can't I just transfer all my boxes at once?

Thank Arceus we now have Pokemon Bank. When I first read that it was out I immediately ran upstairs to grab my 3DS xD

Ugh, transferring is so annoying though. Why can't I just transfer all my boxes at once?
I know. It's a pain. And why can I only transfer from Box 1 and not my party or other boxes? My dream world Pokemon alone take up two boxes; this is going to take forever.

Still. I'm glad it's out at least

Aside from the fact that you can only transfer a box at a time and that the Black 2 PC is slow and rigid as hell (how did we ever live with this!!!), it's pretty cool.

Great, I lost my game and I'm gonna have to wait until Friday to buy a new copy of the game. I'm glad I backed up my Pokemon on the internet. My day is officially ruined.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom