• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Starting to transfer Pokemon in X/Y my brothers are breeding for me to my copies of White/White 2. Once I have Pokémon in Bank, how do I send it to my game? I tried looking up PokeTransporter but there were no results in the Nintendo virtual store... Dx And will this work for Pearl and HeartGold, or only Gen IV/V games?

Starting to transfer Pokemon in X/Y my brothers are breeding for me to my copies of White/White 2. Once I have Pokémon in Bank, how do I send it to my game? I tried looking up PokeTransporter but there were no results in the Nintendo virtual store... Dx And will this work for Pearl and HeartGold, or only Gen IV/V games?
The top screen of the 3DS shows the boxes of the Pokemon Bank and the lower screen shows the boxes of the game that its in the game slot, you just need to drag the pokemon in the top screen to the lower screen to transfer pokemon from the Bank to a X and Y game. And the Poke Transporter only works with Black/White and Black/White 2, if you want to transfer a mon from a Gen 4 game you have to transfer to a Gen 5 game and then use the Poke Transporter to transfer it to the Pokemon Bank. This is what i understood from your question, correct me if i'm wrong.

Not sure I was under the impression it was just sent straight to the box, in that case, Im almost sure to have deleted it cause I forgot to check the box before deleting that file on Y. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now :l

anyways its pretty great that Bank isnt tied to a Save file. Its been a good tool for collecting Vivillons for me. Just change your location start game, catch some Scatterbug, put them in Bank then delete the file, change the location setting on the 3DS and repeat.

You have to click on Pokémon Link after she mentions that you've gotten it. Then it shows up in your in-game PC, then you can re-deposit it into Pokémon Bank.

And I'll do that with my 2DS/Y Version! It's perfect for the Vivillon collectors!

Tonight when I hopped on Bank, I got a notice that said I had 14 days remaining and was asked if I wanted to purchase a pass. I said yes. The $5.24 for my year-long use of Bank came straight from my eShop account, which was funded via pre-paid cards. So if you're worrying that you'll need a credit card to pay for your pass, worry not.

This just made me so happy, you have no idea. I'll buy a pre-paid card this weekend! :D

Last edited:
Not sure I was under the impression it was just sent straight to the box, in that case, Im almost sure to have deleted it cause I forgot to check the box before deleting that file on Y. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now :l

anyways its pretty great that Bank isnt tied to a Save file. Its been a good tool for collecting Vivillons for me. Just change your location start game, catch some Scatterbug, put them in Bank then delete the file, change the location setting on the 3DS and repeat.
Ow, that sucks that you lost your Celebi. If you need a new one just ask, it's not a bank Celebi but it's a Celebi nontheless.

anybody knows how the pokemiles are earned? when i used the bank for the first time i would get 1 extra mile each time i got in, which was mostly to clear space in my game box or to use poketransfer. so i did that in like three days, and got myself like 30 pokemiles (actually 3BP) last time i went in i had 27 days left of free trial. but just now, with 21 days left, i got in to retrieve a pokemon to evolve for the dex and the lady says i have 98 pokemiles in there, so how that works? does it depends on how many pokes i have? or does it gives a set amount from time to time?

It seems like it depends on how many Pokes you have in there.

So my fears about sending over one of my shinies were unfounded: a few nights ago, I transferred a very hacked Pokemon over and he made it. Apparently, the fact that a shiny Golurk was encountered in Johto and caught in a Cherish Ball wasn't enough to make the hack check say, "Wait, what is this crap?!" and he got through.

I'm thinking that my level 100 shiny Adamant No Guard Golurk will get through with few problems but I'll know for sure in a couple of days.

So my fears about sending over one of my shinies were unfounded: a few nights ago, I transferred a very hacked Pokemon over and he made it. Apparently, the fact that a shiny Golurk was encountered in Johto and caught in a Cherish Ball wasn't enough to make the hack check say, "Wait, what is this crap?!" and he got through.

I'm thinking that my level 100 shiny Adamant No Guard Golurk will get through with few problems but I'll know for sure in a couple of days.

Think it checks mostly for over 510 EVs and movepool and abilities.

It should be fine as long as its legal in terms of moves and abilities.

Thus far, I've only had two not go through, a Hall of Origin Arceus and a walk through walls Shaymin. Sad, since I don't have any others of them and they're not appearing on the GTS. (I also missed the Gen V Keldeo and Genesect events and no one that has them are offering them on the GTS either.)

Other than those four though, I now have my pokedex complete, so yay for that.

Also, I do like having my old teams with me, in fact, I still have my team from *Coliseum* with me! (Also, my now-level 100 Staraptor, that originated as a level 2 Starly, caught on route 201 of Pearl. I always bring her along too. ^_^)

Thus far, I've only had two not go through, a Hall of Origin Arceus and a walk through walls Shaymin. Sad, since I don't have any others of them and they're not appearing on the GTS. (I also missed the Gen V Keldeo and Genesect events and no one that has them are offering them on the GTS either.)

Other than those four though, I now have my pokedex complete, so yay for that.

Also, I do like having my old teams with me, in fact, I still have my team from *Coliseum* with me! (Also, my now-level 100 Staraptor, that originated as a level 2 Starly, caught on route 201 of Pearl. I always bring her along too. ^_^)

You won't be getting an Arceus, Shaymin, Keldeo or Genesect from the GTS, I'm afraid. No Event Pokemon can be traded there (though they can be asked for, for some weird reason).

I still have my Staraptor from back then, too. :) He's been seeing a lot of use lately.

Three of my shinies didn't make it through, though I can see why. One was labeled as a WiFi gift and another was a "fateful encounter". The third actually made me laugh; it was a Golett that was met at Route 1. Why'd that get a chuckle out of me? I've sent over others similar to that--even gotten one off the Gen VI GTS--and they passed. Really really puzzling.

And before you ask: my shiny No Guard Golurk got through with no problem at all. It makes things all the weirder.

Having to put everything I want to transfer into Box 1, go through two programs to get 30 Pokemon into Y, then go back into the Gen V game to move more Pokemon into Box 1, repeat, is an aggravating, time-consuming process, and the frequent errors I encountered didn't help one bit. Finally got everything transferred, though, and now can start new games on White and White2 for the second times ever (My White profile has been the same for almost three whole years awaiting transfer to Gen VI).

Having to put everything I want to transfer into Box 1, go through two programs to get 30 Pokemon into Y, then go back into the Gen V game to move more Pokemon into Box 1, repeat, is an aggravating, time-consuming process, and the frequent errors I encountered didn't help one bit. Finally got everything transferred, though, and now can start new games on White and White2 for the second times ever (My White profile has been the same for almost three whole years awaiting transfer to Gen VI).

I just restarted my White Version for the first time as well, but there were only one or two boxes that I needed to transfer, so it was easy. And while I agree that it doesn't make sense that you can only transfer Box 1, it's still easier than only being able to send six at a time and then play a minigame. The minigames were, while fun at times, very time consuming, especially if you had a lot to transfer.

Hi all, I have a question about the Bank.

I don't want my free trial to "expire" before I purchase the 1-yr subscription (I don't want to risk being locked out!). However, I don't see where the option to purchase is. Can anyone clue me in?

Hi all, I have a question about the Bank.

I don't want my free trial to "expire" before I purchase the 1-yr subscription (I don't want to risk being locked out!). However, I don't see where the option to purchase is. Can anyone clue me in?

It should ask you when you sign in to Pokemon Bank after a certain amount of time. Mine has five days left on it and asks.

I was expecting it to be a bit of a hassle, so I took my time with it. Seventeen boxes of shiny Automatons is not to be rushed so I paced myself out over the resulting days. (It also helped that not all of my army knew Shadow Punch so I had to tutor quite a few of them.) I haven't even started on getting over my Pokedex 'Mons; I want to rearrange the boxes and get them all in order so there won't be any confusion as to what I need. That'll take me a number of days, I can tell you. And don't get me started on the various Sawk and Throh Dream Worlders I have buried on my carts.

Once that's done, I might restart one of my games but I'm not sure which. I'm kinda leaning towards White, as restarting my Black cart will leave me with a massive group of unnameable Golett from my shiny hunt, which I don't want. I also want to keep my Join Avenue on Black 2, so restarting that one is out. So that leaves me White and maybe White 2 but I still haven't made a hard and fast decision. I'll burn that bridge while I'm crossing it, or however the saying goes.

For now I've uploaded all my legendaries to a Bank box. Now I can go back to browsing the GTS without all those pesky legendary requests getting in my way....

Well, I'm kinda pissed because I can't get Arceus and Shaymin through (they were legit too). What's even worse it that I can't get a friend to transfer them for me then trade them to me because of the event ribbons. Goddamnit :mad:

So I just transferred a box off of my White 2. Transporter notified me that one of my Pokemon wasn't allowed to be transported, but isntead of it being my AR Mew from Emerald(caught IN the Battle Frontier), which is what I was expecting, it was my Shaymin. Now, I believe that I used the walk through walls cheat to make it to the little hedgehog thing, but how could it recognize it from that? And why was that blocked but not my Mew? Sense=not made >.< Now I need to look through my games to see if I have a legit Shaymin somewhere... I think I do, but I'm not positive.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom