• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Well, I'm kinda pissed because I can't get Arceus and Shaymin through (they were legit too). What's even worse it that I can't get a friend to transfer them for me then trade them to me because of the event ribbons. Goddamnit :mad:

Don't event ribbons only prevent trading on the GTS?

Well, I'm kinda pissed because I can't get Arceus and Shaymin through (they were legit too). What's even worse it that I can't get a friend to transfer them for me then trade them to me because of the event ribbons. Goddamnit :mad:

They prevent all trades but local wireless, which is an almighty pain in the butt.

They prevent all trades but local wireless, which is an almighty pain in the butt.

What? Ugh, that makes absolutely no sense... I don't know what they were thinking.

???

I've traded Gen V event Genesect and Darkrai and they both have Classic Ribbon. Were you trying to trade with a stranger on PSS or did you guys exchange FC?

Just sent over two boxes of Kanto Pokemon and some of their evolutions for the Poke Dex. As of right now they're all stored on Bank, waiting to be sent over to X. It took a lot less time for me to send them and get them into their storage boxes on my Bank account than it did to search though my boxes on White 2. But it still took me a good two and a half hours, though.

I really shouldn't complain. This is loads faster than what I had to do on Black 2. That was a slow nightmare.

Friend codes were traded. It doesn't seem to work.

Well, it worked for me, and it clearly works for a lot of people considering all the Event Legendary trades going on in the trade boards. I'm not really sure why yours is being blocked. Perhaps your game mistook them as fake?

I haven't tried trading anything earlier than Gen V-acquired legendaries though.

Still can't get the Transporter to allow my TRU Manaphy, and my trial period's almost over. I tried deleting a move (Heart Swap, since it doesn't learn that until Level 76, and it was Level 50), and I tried leveling it up to see if that would change the stats in any appreciable way, and nothing.

Anything that can be done at this point, amigos?

Good thing I bought a 1-year subscription, because my PC boxes, save for boxes exclusive to theme teams, were filled up. Moved a ton to the Bank, so I can have room. Moving bank boxes to a different group is a huge pain, but gets them separated from the main group.

If I pick up a second copy of Pokemon XY, I have a plan to trade Pokemon between them. Pokemon deposited/withdrawn into Bank don't count as traded ... but Pokemon deposited in the GTS do. It'll be requesting something weird (like a Lv.1-10 Pidgeotto or Lv.11-20 Haunter/Sandslash/etc.) to ensure other people (probably) don't snap it up for me. I actually have those underlevelled Pokemon (HGSS Kanto is actually fairly notorious for this, I just snagged a wild Lv.7 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest), so it'll be like a password.

As for Bank itself, it is sometimes annoying that you can only associate a Box with one Group at a time, but it is still nice that you can customize the Groups however you want.

I have been able to transfer everything that I've tried to so far except Mew (thinking this is a common problem since there are none on the GTS). It irritates me a lot that you can't trade event Pokemon.

If I pick up a second copy of Pokemon XY, I have a plan to trade Pokemon between them. Pokemon deposited/withdrawn into Bank don't count as traded ... but Pokemon deposited in the GTS do. It'll be requesting something weird (like a Lv.1-10 Pidgeotto or Lv.11-20 Haunter/Sandslash/etc.) to ensure other people (probably) don't snap it up for me. I actually have those underlevelled Pokemon (HGSS Kanto is actually fairly notorious for this, I just snagged a wild Lv.7 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest), so it'll be like a password.

As for Bank itself, it is sometimes annoying that you can only associate a Box with one Group at a time, but it is still nice that you can customize the Groups however you want.

Slightly better suggestion: Offer up a common no one cares about in the game you're trading to for the specific description of what you're trading for from the other game. It means twice as much work, but that way people are less likely to snatch up what you're offering, and if they do nothing of value is lost.

I have been able to transfer everything that I've tried to so far except Mew (thinking this is a common problem since there are none on the GTS). It irritates me a lot that you can't trade event Pokemon.

I got a Mew through just fine, and I made it appear on Emerald with an AR, so it probably should have been blocked...

I notice that unlike local trades, you can't put Eggs in the Bank and you can't deposit/withdraw using your current party.

I thought that might be the case, but I did need to confirm it....

what better Pokemiles or Battle Points?

Depends on what you want. Poke Miles will get you certain things in the game and Global LInk such as Rare Candies but Battle Points are useful for rarer items you cant get without them such as the Ability Capsule. I personally prefer Battle Points because they are harder to get. Poke Miles can be gotten by things like using the GTS and Wonder Trading.

what better Pokemiles or Battle Points?

I'd say Battle Points because the only way to get them is by grinding the Battle Chateau in Kiloude City or taking the Battle Test in Lumiose City and they're needed for very useful competitive items such as the Life Orb, Choice items, Ability Capsule, Air Balloon and the ever-necessary Power items, whereas you can obtain Pokemiles just by using multiplayer features (the easiest to get Pokemiles from being Wonder Trade) and low amounts simply by walking. Pokemiles are used for playing the PGL attraction which awards evolutionary stnes and items and EV-reducing berries and can be exchanged for (primarily) medicine items in the Pokemile shop, such as Rare Candies, PP Ups and Heart Scales.

I notice that unlike local trades, you can't put Eggs in the Bank and you can't deposit/withdraw using your current party.

This is not true. I have several boxes of Eggs in my Bank from MM.

This is not true. I have several boxes of Eggs in my Bank from MM.

Are you sure about that? I try to move an Egg and all I get is "you cannot deposit an Egg". (And what's an MM?)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom