• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Gonna wait a bit to hop on this in case any serious bugs get discovered and fixed, but there's over month until the free trial period expires anyway. But let me just say I am glad it's finally out.

I finally transferred some of my trained Pokemon (including a Hyper Voice Anticipation Eevee) from my Japanese version of Black 2 and yes, it does work on a US 3DS even though you can play the game on it. So far, I'm happy, but still need to transfer more later and add credit once the trial period is up.

I wonder, is it possible to soft reset for the Celebi's nature? I got a naughty nature and I wanna make sure if I can soft reset without losing the Celebi, or if it'd even affect the nature.

So I sent over some Legends to try and yank down some shinies from the GTS.

Yeah, try trading a Deoxys. Go ahead and try. Read the lovely little message you'll get: "It's a special Pokemon. IT CAN'T BE TRADED!" Gen VI GTS apparently blocks trading the rarer Legends. I am now completely screwed in getting a damned Yveltal now. I pray that some of the lower end Legends can help me out somehow. But the e-peen waggling over shinies and Legendaries will still freaking continue and probably in a worse fashion than Gen V. Looks like I won't be quitting the GTS in Unova any time soon. I at least have a chance in yanking down something decent over there. :banghead:

Yes, I am severely disappointed. That is putting it very mildly.

On the bright spot, I can dump some excess stuff onto my copy of Y and clear some room for my shinies, so there's that. (Sorry consolation prize, I'll admit but still.)

I had to agree to a statement that said something like this. If you use Pokemon obtained in unofficial ways your bank service may be discontinued. I do a lot of trading online, Does that mean if someone traded me a hack Pokemon I can get banned from Pokemon bank?

I am scared.

I love how they say that you "forfeit your right to use Pokémon Bank and/or Poké Transporter" if you use it to transfer "Pokemon that have not been approved". I mean, are they actually going to shut down people from using this service if they transfer, or try to transfer, hacked Pokemon?

I know it's probably just empty threats, but why make such a threat? It's okay if it says that Bank/Transporter may not be able to transfer Pokemon that has been created using unauthorized software, but implying that the service will stop working entirely? I think that's taking it too far.

I had to agree to a statement that said something like this. If you use Pokemon obtained in unofficial ways your bank service may be discontinued. I do a lot of trading online, Does that mean if someone traded me a hack Pokemon I can get banned from Pokemon bank?

I am scared.
If it's a traded hack, it will just get left behind. I tried sending over an Arceus and a Darkrai but they were deemed "problems" and didn't make it through the Transporter. I think if it's a hack with your Trainer ID or SID, then you might get blocked. I refuse to find out if that's the case.

Okay, I have a bit of a problem with the changing of the nicknames. I haven't sent over my Bisharp Casshern and now I'm a bit afraid to; the "ass" in his name is deemed offensive by my 3DS and will end up being deleted. Thing is, he's named after an anime character and I don't want to change it! This makes me wonder if Froslass will be able to make it through the Transporter unscathed...

So I sent over some Legends to try and yank down some shinies from the GTS.

Yeah, try trading a Deoxys. Go ahead and try. Read the lovely little message you'll get: "It's a special Pokemon. IT CAN'T BE TRADED!" Gen VI GTS apparently blocks trading the rarer Legends. I am now completely screwed in getting a damned Yveltal now. I pray that some of the lower end Legends can help me out somehow. But the e-peen waggling over shinies and Legendaries will still freaking continue and probably in a worse fashion than Gen V. Looks like I won't be quitting the GTS in Unova any time soon. I at least have a chance in yanking down something decent over there. :banghead:

Yes, I am severely disappointed. That is putting it very mildly.

On the bright spot, I can dump some excess stuff onto my copy of Y and clear some room for my shinies, so there's that. (Sorry consolation prize, I'll admit but still.)

This has been the case since at least gen 5 actually. I think it has something to do with the ribbons if I remember right. Though, I saw the event shiny legendary dogs in the gts at some point — or what looked to be them — and I thought I remembered those not being allowed through the gen 5 gts.

I am scared.
If it's a traded hack, it will just get left behind. I tried sending over an Arceus and a Darkrai but they were deemed "problems" and didn't make it through the Transporter. I think if it's a hack with your Trainer ID or SID, then you might get blocked. I refuse to find out if that's the case.

Okay, I have a bit of a problem with the changing of the nicknames. I haven't sent over my Bisharp Casshern and now I'm a bit afraid to; the "ass" in his name is deemed offensive by my 3DS and will end up being deleted. Thing is, he's named after an anime character and I don't want to change it! This makes me wonder if Froslass will be able to make it through the Transporter unscathed...

Hacks in general — or things deemed to be hacks, since a lot of people seem to be having weird issues with that — probably get left behind if they are in a gen 5 game. But I wonder how this affects pokemon from xy that are put into the bank? I've only seen people talk about it in terms of the transporter. They might take more of an issue if there's a hack already in your gen 6 game.

It could be tied to id/sid too though, I hope we get an answer to that soon. Though I really hope the answer is "They won't let you move it." or at worst "They will delete the pokemon." and not "They ban you from using the service on the first offense." Though, that would be less bad if it doesn't throw a fit about traded hacks.

I am scared.

My Froslass got transfered with no problem so i think yours will get through as well.

This has been the case since at least gen 5 actually. I think it has something to do with the ribbons if I remember right. Though, I saw the event shiny legendary dogs in the gts at some point — or what looked to be them — and I thought I remembered those not being allowed through the gen 5 gts.

The Gen IV and V GTSes only banned Pokémon with certain event Ribbons, while only the Gen VI GTS blanket bans all event legendaries. So you could trade a Deoxys obtained in Gen III, when they didn't yet attach those Ribbons, and trade it in the Gen V GTS. Can't say anything about the shiny beasts without seeing them being offered myself, but they shouldn't be tradable in there.

Last edited:
Arceus had no Ribbons. None. I've traded a number of them via Gen V GTS, more than I can actually count. But they won't go through in Kalos. Same with Deoxys. It was a Birth Island event with no Ribbons at all; still not allowed to trade it. And I've sent off tons of them while in Unova--Space C, Birth Island, didn't matter. They were tradable. Darkrai the same thing: not a TRU Darkrai, just one encountered via the Member's Pass and it can only sit and cool its heels in a box. It looks like they may be blocking the Pokemon itself and not the fact that it has a Ribbon. If that's the case, I am severely screwed.

Ugh. I keep running into issues with the servers while I'm trying to transfer Pokemon.

Referring to the above conversation - Does that mean it'll be impossible for me to get a Shaymin now??? DDDDDDDDDD:

Ugh. I keep running into issues with the servers while I'm trying to transfer Pokemon.

Referring to the above conversation - Does that mean it'll be impossible for me to get a Shaymin now??? DDDDDDDDDD:

If you don't have one in Gen. V or manage to get one in a trade with someone with Gen. VI, yes. Even Flower Paradise Shaymin are banned from entering GTS for the sole reason the species is an event Pokémon.

Arceus had no Ribbons. None. I've traded a number of them via Gen V GTS, more than I can actually count. But they won't go through in Kalos. Same with Deoxys. It was a Birth Island event with no Ribbons at all; still not allowed to trade it. And I've sent off tons of them while in Unova--Space C, Birth Island, didn't matter. They were tradable. Darkrai the same thing: not a TRU Darkrai, just one encountered via the Member's Pass and it can only sit and cool its heels in a box. It looks like they may be blocking the Pokemon itself and not the fact that it has a Ribbon. If that's the case, I am severely screwed.

And so am I, I have an arceus from dream world without ribbon, and a Dunsparce with body slam from 3 gen.

If you don't have one in Gen. V or manage to get one in a trade with someone with Gen. VI, yes. Even Flower Paradise Shaymin are banned from entering GTS for the sole reason the species is an event Pokémon.
Lovely. Just lovely.

Gen V GTS better be kept in working order for a good long time. If you don't have the event critter now, you're never going to get it. But it's okay to ask for it on the GTS in Kalos. Brain. Broken! >_<

In other news I'm going to go ahead and send over another box of my critters. I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and send over my Golurk Riser, since I've been dying to get him on my team for months. I just hope the servers don't crap out on me; losing Riser would absolutely break me.

D:

I hate the GTS.

I'm not really a fan of how long the transfer process takes, nor do I like the fact that you can only transfer Pokemon from Box 1 on your 5th gen games, but aside from that, I haven't had any major problems so far.

The discussion about Bank's hack check system definitely worries me, though.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom