• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Weird. I was able to transfer my Darkrai, Shaymin and Manaphy from Platinum to Pokemon Bank without problems. But my Arceus was sent back to White2.

I will admit that I hacked the Event items to get them, like the Member Pass, Prof Oak's letter etc. But the Pokemon themselves were not hacked in any other way.

But since I did this to all of them, why don't Bank not let me transfer Arceus, if it lets the others pass! >.<

I Guess I should keep trying.

It's possible that it's because the Azure Flute was never released, so even though it's a legit Pokémon, it's not a legit Pokémon (I know, I just stated a paradox). It's legit because it was generated by the game and not an unofficial outside source, but it's not legit because no one was legitimately able to access it.

That makes sense. I though that the Azure Flure was officially released. But if it never was, well that explains it.

Thanks soulweaver and Warrior of fire!

The official PokeBank/PokeMover website in my country said that we should play as instructed by the game guide if we want to protect our pokemons and save data and don't attempt bringing in hacks. Meaning, there is indeed potential harm involved regarding hacks.

They only say that because they don't want people cheating. I've seen official warnings by Nintendo that said basically the same thing for the older games.

Doesn't mean we should just ignore what they say and cheat. Potential harm is certainly involved in any way - people had just developed clever ways to make their games survive somehow despite of cheats. But there could still be consequences. It's important to be wary and careful.

My Arceus got through, but it was from that Dream World event.

At the same time, I own a Hoenn-born Venusaur in a Master Ball and it passed.
I guess Junior (OT name) hacked with legitimate stats since everything else about it is normal, but I've rewithdrawn it just in case.

Tried again and still haven't been able to get farther than transferring screen before it is able to finish and promptly receives an error message. So it seems...

I'm locked out, they won't let me in.
They won't let me in.
NOOOOOOO~
They won't let me in. :(

You too, huh? My bank and transporter just quit on me after maybe 32 boxes between six files. I'll finish it tomorrow.

Was able to send my shiny Gardevoir from Platinum to my X safe and sound. :) WOO, her Mega Form is AMAZING~! Gonna have to send another one over for my Y to go with my Darkrai. ;D
But wow, sorry for everybody getting locked out! Hasn't happened to me so far, thankfully. D:

Tried again and still haven't been able to get farther than transferring screen before it is able to finish and promptly receives an error message. So it seems...

They won't let me in.
NOOOOOOO~
They won't let me in. :(

images

same as here :(

If you don't have the event critter now, you're never going to get it. But it's okay to ask for it on the GTS in Kalos. Brain. Broken! >_<
I agree, that is an issue for now-three generations running. If you can't deposit it on the GTS you shouldn't be able to request it in exchange for whatever you do.

Questions involving Pokemon Bank.

I just heard word about PB and I'm getting it soon but I got some questions.

1. Is Poke Transporter out and how do I get it?
2. I heard that I can only transfer Pokemon through Box 1, is this true and if it is. Can I re use it (e.g keep on putting Pokemon in Box 1 so I can transfer all of my wanted Pokemon)?
3. How do I get Celebi?

Re: Questions involving Pokemon Bank.

1. You can download Poke Transporter through the main menu of Pokemon Bank.
2. Yes, it's true, and yes, you can keep using it.
3. After you have used Pokemon Bank, go to the main menu of your Pokemon X or Y game and select Pokemon Link.

It's possible that it's because the Azure Flute was never released, so even though it's a legit Pokémon, it's not a legit Pokémon (I know, I just stated a paradox). It's legit because it was generated by the game and not an unofficial outside source, but it's not legit because no one was legitimately able to access it.

That shouldn't really matter though. They were the ones who distributed the events in the first place, so they should be able to tell that their own events are legit.

That shouldn't really matter though. They were the ones who distributed the events in the first place, so they should be able to tell that their own events are legit.

True, and in this case, it does appear that they did. The Azure Flute was never distributed anywhere, thus those who obtained it did so through cheating and the Arceus caught at the Hall of Origin is not legit despite being legit.

With my 3DS all rested and unused for awhile, it seems that the wi-fi connection was much more stable because of it and I was able to download both Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter. I was able to transport all of the Pokemon I needed, the connection held up.

It took a couple of hours with all of the tedious switching of boxes, between apps, and transporting. I'm just glad I was able to get everything that I needed. Two Pokemon that I was worried about not going through ( a Japanese Mew and a Shiny Japanese Aurora Ticket Deoxys) were able to be transported and do appear to indeed be real and not hacks after all.

Of course, out of all of my Pokemon I needed to transport, Manaphy was hacked. I got it from the GTS :(
Good thing my friend traded me a Phione egg for a Giratina.

I honestly can't believe how tedious they made the whole transfer process.

Funnily enough, Pokemon I hacked into Ruby via the use of a Gameshark way back when managed to get through whatever hack checks there are.

I honestly can't believe how tedious they made the whole transfer process.

Funnily enough, Pokemon I hacked into Ruby via the use of a Gameshark way back when managed to get through whatever hack checks there are.

I get the feeling that a lot of the detectable stuff gets lost after two consecutive transfers.

Does anyone know how exactly it calculates the amount of Miles/BP you get? I want to get as many as possible per day.

I think its checking stuff like over 510 total EV, impossible abilities or moves. It may possibly check trainer ID and hidden ID.

I've only done one box so far (a bunch of legends+extreme speed dratini and pikachu colored pichu). Everyone made it through, I wonder what it is in the hack check that's stopping some people, I managed to get all my event mons through so far.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom