• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Quick (and probably stupid) question. Can you deposit all of your pokes and then start over and get all them back?

Just wondering and sorry if this has been asked before.

Fred

Quick (and probably stupid) question. Can you deposit all of your pokes and then start over and get all them back?

Just wondering and sorry if this has been asked before.

Fred

Yep, Bank can be used with any number of games so there's nothing stopping you from doing that.

P

Transferred over my event Keldeo, and a shiny milotic.

Last edited:
As some of you may know i make plenty of Pokemon with pokegen and not had an issue with any the only ones to fail are fun ones like a magikarp with explosion and fly i have a fully shiny team of Pokemon with huge defense status and metronome that got through. Even a shiny wish chancy i made.

I have used pokgen to add a legit copy of every event pokemon American and EU and not a single one has failed.

Last edited:
Or you could, you know, let someone you trust help you with transferring the stones...? Not that it's really my business but buying another console for such a small reason seems like an overkill. Heck, I can help you myself later if that works for you.
Thank you, that'd be cool! But I don't want to rely on people all the time, especially since I often need to trade in bulk and at all hours of the day. It'd get annoying. (Plus with another 3DS, I can let my sisters play games if they want.)

I also just traded a few more Pokemon to Gen V. Either there's some multiplication glitch or my memory is bad, because I had four more Darkrai than I thought I had. Also, my Meloetta and Mew didn't make it through, but luckily I don't need them to complete the National Dex.
If that's so, then another console doesn't sound as much of an overkill anymore. :p But yeah, feel free to contact later if and when you'd like to transfer; since this isn't really along the topic of the thread, I'll leave it at that here.

I heard some people are getting blatant hacks into the game. How blatant are they? What's hacked about them?

I was able to move a Level 29 Giratina from PT to Black and then through PokeTransporter and then to my copy of Y. This was a mon that was on the Pt cartridge that I bought off E-bay.

Dom
Given only those details, it could be perfectly legitimate: that requires that it was caught at level one via the Sinjoh Ruins event in HeartGold or SoulSilver. But if it shows as coming from Sinnoh in your Y, then it isn't.

An interesting coincidence is that I received a shiny underleveled Palkia, which was from a Sinnoh, via GTS one day, so they aren't very strict regarding that trio anyway.

I wish they allowed separate item storage, though. If I ever restart my game, I'll have to ask a friend to hold my Mega Stones and all sorts of berries and rare items and everything. It's troublesome.

I agree, a storage for items would be very much appreciated.
This. So much this.

I understand them not wanting items transferred up from older games, but if there was some sort of Gen VI item storage available it would make restarting a save less of a hassle.

So... I'm pretty sure I chose to recieve BP and not miles... yet, every time I get on the bank, Brigette tells me I got 4 miles...
1) why do I get miles and not BP and how to change it?
2) how come I don't even seem to recieve these miles? (trying the Pokémon Link thing just tells me there's nothing to get)
3) why do she keeps saying I get 4 miles EVERY time I get on the bank? even if I just repeatedly quit and enter the bank, she keeps saying it all the time...

I don't see the big deal with hoarding master balls with trasporter/bank. It's not like we don't already have 50 ultra balls and the instinct to save the game right before a fight with a legendary!!! haha

So... I'm pretty sure I chose to recieve BP and not miles... yet, every time I get on the bank, Brigette tells me I got 4 miles...
1) why do I get miles and not BP and how to change it?
2) how come I don't even seem to recieve these miles? (trying the Pokémon Link thing just tells me there's nothing to get)
3) why do she keeps saying I get 4 miles EVERY time I get on the bank? even if I just repeatedly quit and enter the bank, she keeps saying it all the time...

Brigette keeps a reserve of Poké Miles in the Bank. From what I've seen, it appears that they accumulate at a steady speed of 10 Miles per day, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Every time you log in the Bank, she'll tell you how many Poké Miles you have on the Bank side (even though the message could be interpreted as such, she does not mean how many you got since your last visit). You get three options:
a) Receive Poké Miles. This should transfer all of the Miles in the reserve to the Pokémon Link to be collected in the game and leave the Bank reserve to zero Miles.
b) Receive BP. Since the conversion rate is 10 Poké Miles = 1 BP, unless you have exactly a multiple of 10 of Miles in reserve, the quotinent from Miles/10 will be sent to the Pokémon Link, and the remainder will stay in the Bank.
c) Don't receive either. Nothing is sent to the game, all of your Miles stay at the Bank and if you log out and back in again, you'll find the same amount of Miles still waiting.

There's no way to automatically set it to choose one; you always need to choose when logging in. Hopefully that cleared up your questions.

Given only those details, it could be perfectly legitimate: that requires that it was caught at level one via the Sinjoh Ruins event in HeartGold or SoulSilver. But if it shows as coming from Sinnoh in your Y, then it isn't.

An interesting coincidence is that I received a shiny underleveled Palkia, which was from a Sinnoh, via GTS one day, so they aren't very strict regarding that trio anyway.

I didnt know it could be caught at level 1 in an event... but mine says it traveled through time and space to Kalos from Sinnoh. So that I guess means it is a hack and not a ruins caught Mon. Also on this cart I had a bunch of Arceus of different forms, and almost all legendaries caught in Masterballs and level 100. I didnt keep them...

Dom

Every time you log in the Bank, she'll tell you how many Poké Miles you have on the Bank side (even though the message could be interpreted as such, she does not mean how many you got since your last visit).

oh... if that's true then the way she's wording it is very misleading... in that case, maybe I didn't get more than 4 miles (and here I thought I recieved 4 miles multiple times and surely got more than 10 already... guess not)
I'm still a bit confused but we'll see if anything changes after some more time pass / I move more pkmn into bank...
Also, apparently the bank's free trial will only be available until March 14 !! (there's a note about it in the holocaster now)

I didnt know it could be caught at level 1 in an event... but mine says it traveled through time and space to Kalos from Sinnoh. So that I guess means it is a hack and not a ruins caught Mon. Also on this cart I had a bunch of Arceus of different forms, and almost all legendaries caught in Masterballs and level 100. I didnt keep them...

Dom

The Sinjoh Ruins event works like so: Take an Arceus to wherever you have to in Johto, and you'll be teleported to the Sinjoh Ruins. After some dialog with Cynthia and another characters, you'll end up going to a special location in the Ruins, where Arceus creates an egg of Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina, which you'll receive. If I'm right and you trade over the egg before it hatches to a Sinnoh game, transferring it forward results in the location being Sinnoh instead of Johto. And you never catch that legend, since you automatically get that Pokémon in a standard Poké Ball then once it hatches. So, basically, if I'm right about this, hatching the egg in Sinnoh means that it is legit. If I'm not, just go ahead and ignore everything except the event explanation.

Dom

The Sinjoh Ruins event works like so: Take an Arceus to wherever you have to in Johto, and you'll be teleported to the Sinjoh Ruins. After some dialog with Cynthia and another characters, you'll end up going to a special location in the Ruins, where Arceus creates an egg of Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina, which you'll receive. If I'm right and you trade over the egg before it hatches to a Sinnoh game, transferring it forward results in the location being Sinnoh instead of Johto. And you never catch that legend, since you automatically get that Pokémon in a standard Poké Ball then once it hatches. So, basically, if I'm right about this, hatching the egg in Sinnoh means that it is legit. If I'm not, just go ahead and ignore everything except the event explanation.

i believe the egg "hatches" the moment you get it, so it should be from johto

Dom

i believe the egg "hatches" the moment you get it, so it should be from johto

You're correct. It even is listed as a 'met' Pokémon in the Pokémon's summary; you won't ever get an Egg to your party, that thing is just for show.
fET048g.jpg

I just transfered my first box from Black 2 containing my favorite shinies and some event Pokemon from previous games. Everything went through without problem and was legit by Bank's standards which is good. The process went pretty smoothly and Ive gotten 10 Battle Points and am going to get my Celebi shortly. Pretty excited to have these Pokemon finally with me in X :)

The one thing I love about PokeBank is that I can now look at all of the updated models of the Pokemon. They all look amazing.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom