• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

Just transferred my first batch of Mons to XY. Not a big batch yet, but it notably includes a Wishmaker Jirachi and my female Lucario (Johto Safari caught) which I trained to take down Red at Mt.Silver. It will probably include my Lanturn later (once I take Surf off) because she's high-levelled enough to know Charge.

For anybody else does the game state which region the Pokemon came from? I just want to make sure that it's normal for it to say it. For me it says Provenance: Unys or Provenance: Johto (I'm playing in French so that's why the language is different).

For anybody else does the game state which region the Pokemon came from? I just want to make sure that it's normal for it to say it. For me it says Provenance: Unys or Provenance: Johto (I'm playing in French so that's why the language is different).

That is exactly how it works.

That is exactly how it works.

Oh good. I wasn't sure if it did work that way.

I really do like it. I really love the fact that I could restart my game without having to worry about Pokemon from my previous file since I could just transfer them to Bank and transfer them back to my new save file. That's nice. Yeah, you don't get to keep items, but that's not a huge issue. I can live with that.

The only thing I wish it allowed was the ability to transport eggs. I know previous gens didn't allow that and I was hoping this gen would be the exception. Nope! Still, that's not a big deal. The $5 a year thing is also nothing to complain about.

Overall, I really like it.

though i like the bank, more often than not, i spend a lot of time moving pokes only to have some connection error when im finished so i have to do the whole thing several times. also i think moving boxes or pokes isn't as smooth as it could be, but well, i believe there will be updates on the app so they can polish it

Has anyone been able to get Meloetta or Arceus through? What about them is it rejecting, and yes before you ask, they're legal. Legit stats, moves, abilities; Meloetta's in a Cherish Ball, could that be it? But Arceus is in a regular Poke Ball, so why is it blocked? They don't even have perfect stats, so why exactly won't they pass through Transport?

Welp, it's certainly somewhat useful despite the clunkiness. I don't get why they made it so you can't use the touch screen except when naming things but oh well.
Having transferred every single legendary and tested the boundaries of its hack check (it's still laughable :p) I've now arranged it like so;
first box contains Unown forms, then all subsequent boxes are for my LiveDex, then the next boxes will be for forme differences (if I can get them) such as Gastrodon, Sawsbuck, etc.

Oh, have I mentioned that Winter Sawsbuck looks amazing? I loved it more than the others in BW2 and I love it more in XY! :D

How do you bypass the hack check? I haven't even tried to because it told me the app would delete itself if I tried to send over a hacked Pokémon. I never compete and all I really use my hackmons for are for 'dex purposes strictly, so it would suck for me to get them banned...

Has anyone been able to get Meloetta or Arceus through? What about them is it rejecting, and yes before you ask, they're legal. Legit stats, moves, abilities; Meloetta's in a Cherish Ball, could that be it? But Arceus is in a regular Poke Ball, so why is it blocked? They don't even have perfect stats, so why exactly won't they pass through Transport?

I was able to get two of each of them through without a problem, and the seconds of each were clones. Meloetta was the event one, so it was in a Cherish Ball, so the ball isn't a problem, especially since Pokémon you only get through events typically come in them. Arceus was the PGL Arceus someone let me clone so I could have one, and in a Dream Ball. So, yeah, if that Arceus isn't the PGL Arceus, I believe that it's blocked because it's not in a Cherish Ball. No idea what the problem with Meloetta is, though.

Welp, it's certainly somewhat useful despite the clunkiness. I don't get why they made it so you can't use the touch screen except when naming things but oh well.
Having transferred every single legendary and tested the boundaries of its hack check (it's still laughable :p) I've now arranged it like so;
first box contains Unown forms, then all subsequent boxes are for my LiveDex, then the next boxes will be for forme differences (if I can get them) such as Gastrodon, Sawsbuck, etc.

Oh, have I mentioned that Winter Sawsbuck looks amazing? I loved it more than the others in BW2 and I love it more in XY! :D

How do you bypass the hack check? I haven't even tried to because it told me the app would delete itself if I tried to send over a hacked Pokémon. I never compete and all I really use my hackmons for are for 'dex purposes strictly, so it would suck for me to get them banned...

It's safe to try. I had attempted to transfer a Mew I had in White 2 that wasn't an obvious hack but said that it was met at level 2. All it did was prevent it from being transferred, let the others in the box through, and I've had no further problems. And that's also what everyone else has said about when hacks have been blocked. The worst that you'll most likely get is none of the hacks going through at all.

I was able to get two of each of them through without a problem, and the seconds of each were clones. Meloetta was the event one, so it was in a Cherish Ball, so the ball isn't a problem, especially since Pokémon you only get through events typically come in them. Arceus was the PGL Arceus someone let me clone so I could have one, and in a Dream Ball. So, yeah, if that Arceus isn't the PGL Arceus, I believe that it's blocked because it's not in a Cherish Ball. No idea what the problem with Meloetta is, though.

It's safe to try. I had attempted to transfer a Mew I had in White 2 that wasn't an obvious hack but said that it was met at level 2. All it did was prevent it from being transferred, let the others in the box through, and I've had no further problems. And that's also what everyone else has said about when hacks have been blocked. The worst that you'll most likely get is none of the hacks going through at all.

Oh, ok! That's comforting! :) Now I just need to figure out how to register X Version with Bank. It registered my Y Version, which I rarely use, but now it'll only take my Y Version and the app has no option to register the other cartridge, despite the website saying you could register one X and one Y version each... :'(

Oh, ok! That's comforting! :) Now I just need to figure out how to register X Version with Bank. It registered my Y Version, which I rarely use, but now it'll only take my Y Version and the app has no option to register the other cartridge, despite the website saying you could register one X and one Y version each... :'(

I've got the physical version of X (for myself) and the digital version of Y (for my brother) on the same 3DS, and it shows both of them. I have no idea what problem you're having, though. The Bank manual states that having the physical and digital versions of the same version has the physical version take priority, but removing the game card lets you use the digital version, so I don't think it registers the games.

Well, I just finished transferring a bunch of legendaries and I didn't have any trouble with any of them. For reference, this is what I transferred:

-Shiny Beast trio
-SMR2010 Jirachi
-Plasma Deoxys
-Shiny Creation trio
-Newmoon Island Darkrai
-DW Arceus
-14th movie Victini
-15th movie Keldeo
-SPR2013 Meloetta

All of them are legit.

It's very slow and tedious work. I like the idea of transporting whole boxes, but putting Black or Black2 in, going to transporter, using it, putting in Y, then having to go in Y and take out the gift, then using it, then getting Black again, etc.... I wish there was a more efficient way to do this.

It's very slow and tedious work. I like the idea of transporting whole boxes, but putting Black or Black2 in, going to transporter, using it, putting in Y, then having to go in Y and take out the gift, then using it, then getting Black again, etc.... I wish there was a more efficient way to do this.
While tedious it's a million times better than the Gen 3 to 4 and Gen 4 to 5 transfer methods, hated that crap about only sending 6 mons a day and that crap minigame.

I've got the physical version of X (for myself) and the digital version of Y (for my brother) on the same 3DS, and it shows both of them. I have no idea what problem you're having, though. The Bank manual states that having the physical and digital versions of the same version has the physical version take priority, but removing the game card lets you use the digital version, so I don't think it registers the games.

Never mind lol I fixed the problem. It's really tedious to only be able to transfer one box at a time, and you can't even choose which one. I have to change back and forth between X and B2 way too much. But anyways, I wonder how you pay for Pokémon Bank? Does it take the $5 from your Nintendo E-Shop account (which means I can pay for it with a pre-paid every year) or does it charge me through another method? Because if I can't pay through the E-Shop, I'm pretty much screwed. :/

While tedious it's a million times better than the Gen 3 to 4 and Gen 4 to 5 transfer methods, hated that crap about only sending 6 mons a day and that crap minigame.

Nope, it's only five times better, nowhere close to a million.
Reason? Well, 1 box is 30 pokemon, the equivalent of 5 transfers in older generations. Also, the lack of a minigame is offset by the slow loading times and occasional errors which cause you to have to re-do it over again.
Additionally, you were only restricted to 6 pokemon transferred a day with Diamond and Pearl (possibly Platinum, I don't remember); that was no longer the case from HGSS onward.

So...yeah.

Nope, it's only five times better, nowhere close to a million.
Reason? Well, 1 box is 30 pokemon, the equivalent of 5 transfers in older generations. Also, the lack of a minigame is offset by the slow loading times and occasional errors which cause you to have to re-do it over again.
Additionally, you were only restricted to 6 pokemon transferred a day with Diamond and Pearl (possibly Platinum, I don't remember); that was no longer the case from HGSS onward.

So...yeah.
It took me two hours to transfer over 400 pokemon, it took me nearly five days to transfer less pokemon than that from Gen 4 to 5, so yeah. And millions times better is just a figure of speech, transfer methods of Gen 3 to 4 and Gen 4 to 5 were way more tedious, boring and time consuming than the Poke Bank transfer.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom