• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

the only pokemon i got trouble with was a dunsparce from Soul Silver. I know it wasn't hacked or anything because i caught it in the wild, no cheats or anything involved. it occured to me the problem might be it's nickname (Li'l Wing) which was unfortunate because being from SS i couldn't change it in a Gen V game, and i couldn't get him back. i had to use pokemon editing software to change the nickname, and after only deleting the apostrophe the poketransporter accepted it.

it was weird because other pokes with nicknames were just changed by the bank, i still don't know why it didn't work with that one

the only pokemon i got trouble with was a dunsparce from Soul Silver. I know it wasn't hacked or anything because i caught it in the wild, no cheats or anything involved. it occured to me the problem might be it's nickname (Li'l Wing) which was unfortunate because being from SS i couldn't change it in a Gen V game, and i couldn't get him back. i had to use pokemon editing software to change the nickname, and after only deleting the apostrophe the poketransporter accepted it.

it was weird because other pokes with nicknames were just changed by the bank, i still don't know why it didn't work with that one

The mons I have had that had non approved names have simply had their name changed to the species name. You will get a message that some of the pokemon had names not approved by the new games and that they have been changed. I had a Scraggy named Butters that got changed to Scraggy.

Dom

I got a little question. How do you get the Bank Celebi, Bridgette talked about the Celebi but I cant find it in any of my Bank boxes or PC boxes in game.

Have you used the Pokemon Link option on the main menu of your X or Y game? I think that was it.

The mons I have had that had non approved names have simply had their name changed to the species name. You will get a message that some of the pokemon had names not approved by the new games and that they have been changed. I had a Scraggy named Butters that got changed to Scraggy.

Dom

yes, i got that with other pokes. but with the dunsparce it would tell me that "there was a problem with one of the pokemon in the box and could not be transfered", but after i changed the nickname it got transfered. my guess is that the apostrophe in the nickname was not compatible with the bank

I got a little question. How do you get the Bank Celebi, Bridgette talked about the Celebi but I cant find it in any of my Bank boxes or PC boxes in game.

Have you used the Pokemon Link option on the main menu of your X or Y game? I think that was it.
I have and I still cant find it. Im starting to get worried.

Mmm... I've forgotten if it was given to someone in a Pokemon Centre to give you, like other event Pokemon. Maybe try checking that?

Mmm... I've forgotten if it was given to someone in a Pokemon Centre to give you, like other event Pokemon. Maybe try checking that?
The person isnt in the Pokemon Center or anything, I checked. Im beginning to think something is wrong and Im sure Bridgette mentioned the Celebi being given to me and I did everything right, I checked every single box.

The person isnt in the Pokemon Center or anything, I checked. Im beginning to think something is wrong and Im sure Bridgette mentioned the Celebi being given to me and I did everything right, I checked every single box.

Ugh... I don't know, then. I did read up on it and found out that Pokemon Link in the main menu has to be used twice before you'll get your Celebi, but if that's not it then I don't know what else to say.

On a different matter from above, I tried sending an Ekans with an apostrophe in its nickname through Bank and it made it through.

Ugh... I don't know, then. I did read up on it and found out that Pokemon Link in the main menu has to be used twice before you'll get your Celebi, but if that's not it then I don't know what else to say.

IIRC the steps are:

1 - Use Bank for the first time. Bridgette gives you your first gift of 100 Poke Miles / 10 BP.
2 - Switch to your game of XY and select Pokemon Link to receive the gift.
3 - Switch back to Pokemon Bank and Bridgette will give you the Celebi.
4 - Switch back to XY and select Pokemon Link again to get the Celebi.
5 - Celebi is deposited straight into the PC.

Well that shouldve happened but I dunno, Im 100% sure I did all that. Its nowhere there. I fear Ive lost my Celebi somehow :/

I put Pokemon into Bank using Y but never used Pokemon Link on it because Ive been resetting it to get different Vivillon. Its really weird. I used Pokemon Link on X and didnt receive Celebi.

Edit: Im starting to get the feeling I accidently deleted it as it mightve been deposited on my Y game. Oh well thats a shame...

Last edited:
Well that shouldve happened but I dunno, Im 100% sure I did all that. Its nowhere there. I fear Ive lost my Celebi somehow :/

I put Pokemon into Bank using Y but never used Pokemon Link on it because Ive been resetting it to get different Vivillon. Its really weird. I used Pokemon Link on X and didnt receive Celebi.

Edit: Im starting to get the feeling I accidently deleted it as it mightve been deposited on my Y game. Oh well thats a shame...

If you used Bank on Y, you would have had to have used Link there, because that's where they sent your Celebi. So you probably did delete it, unfortunately.

If you used Bank on Y, you would have had to have used Link there, because that's where they sent your Celebi. So you probably did delete it, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure you don't get Celebi until you've either used Transporter or deposited something into Bank. If you haven't done that yet, it may be your answer. If you have, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry :(

I'm pretty sure you don't get Celebi until you've either used Transporter or deposited something into Bank. If you haven't done that yet, it may be your answer. If you have, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry :(

Ellron is right that if you loaded up Pokemon Bank with your Y game, then the Celebi gift was given to your Y game and you must use Pokemon Link there. (Though in that case, how could you delete it?)

Not sure I was under the impression it was just sent straight to the box, in that case, Im almost sure to have deleted it cause I forgot to check the box before deleting that file on Y. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now :l

anyways its pretty great that Bank isnt tied to a Save file. Its been a good tool for collecting Vivillons for me. Just change your location start game, catch some Scatterbug, put them in Bank then delete the file, change the location setting on the 3DS and repeat.

Tonight when I hopped on Bank, I got a notice that said I had 14 days remaining and was asked if I wanted to purchase a pass. I said yes. The $5.24 for my year-long use of Bank came straight from my eShop account, which was funded via pre-paid cards. So if you're worrying that you'll need a credit card to pay for your pass, worry not.

anybody knows how the pokemiles are earned? when i used the bank for the first time i would get 1 extra mile each time i got in, which was mostly to clear space in my game box or to use poketransfer. so i did that in like three days, and got myself like 30 pokemiles (actually 3BP) last time i went in i had 27 days left of free trial. but just now, with 21 days left, i got in to retrieve a pokemon to evolve for the dex and the lady says i have 98 pokemiles in there, so how that works? does it depends on how many pokes i have? or does it gives a set amount from time to time?

Not sure I was under the impression it was just sent straight to the box, in that case, Im almost sure to have deleted it cause I forgot to check the box before deleting that file on Y. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now :l
You have to check Pokemon Link from the game's main menu, THEN Celebi gets put in the box. But either way, if you did wipe your save file to start over then Celebi's stuck in the past.

You have to check Pokemon Link from the game's main menu, THEN Celebi gets put in the box. But either way, if you did wipe your save file to start over then Celebi's stuck in the past.

Bit ironic for the time-travel pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom