• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Collanimation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

:D
Reaction score
As of recent, there has been a lot of debate as to the quality of the current state of the Pokemon anime. Because of this, I thought it would be great to create a project where the users of Bulbagarden, Serebii, Pokebeach, and Marilland could all work together to create a fully animated, twenty minute long animation. It may sound impossible, but if we split up the work into five minute segments that will each be handled by a separate forum, it can be done. This project cannot be completed by a small group of people. It will require a massive group of users. But I feel it will be worth it if we can show the world what we think the perfect Pokemon anime would look like.

Steps to create the animation:

Phase 1-Brainstorming
Deciding on the basic story of the animation, along with all of its key events and characters.

Phase 2-Scriptwriting
Creating the script for the animation. Each person will post one page of the script, following up on the previous page. Every page of the script must be approved by two URPG graders before being an official part of the animation.

Phase 3-Storyboarding
Artists of Bulbagarden will begin to create rough sketches outlining the action of the script. Every storyboard panel must be approved by two other members of Bulbagarden.

Phase 4-Keyframes
The artists that are a part of the project will begin drawing out the scenes shown on the storyboards. (Note that the artists mentioned can submit any number of frames they want. You can just sumbit one frame and then not continue to be a part of the project if you so wish) This is where the other forums enter the project. Each forum will be assigned five minutes of the animation. Every keyframe must be approved by one other person.

Phase 5-In-Between Frames
The artists will draw the frames that connect the action of the keyframes. These frames will also have to each be confirmed by another person.

Phase 6-Final Touches
This will include many small processes, such as creating the credits and disclaimer and putting the animation into a video format. Finally, the video will be posted on Youtube, along with other places if anyone so desires.

Details and rules:

You do not have to commit to this project. You can submit one frame and then never add anything else to it, if you want (though I would appreciate it if you would submit more).

This animation will be twenty minutes or longer.

There will be absolutely no swearing or sexual content in this animation. References are okay, but please keep them at a minimum. Also, the story will not be entirely centered around anything overly mature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once had an idea like this and I was told it wasn't allowed! D:

Well, perhaps I can use ideas from it and apply them to this...

Hooray! The thread's back open! :D

I once had an idea like this and I was told it wasn't allowed! D:

Well, perhaps I can use ideas from it and apply them to this...
I had some problems getting this one open to voting, actually. I had made it too focused on me instead of making it a group effort. Thankfully those problems are gone now.

Anyway, I'd love to hear some of your ideas! :)

This project looks like it's going to be traditionally animated, whereas KPU will be CGI.

In any case, I would be interested in doing voice work and possibly composing the score for this.
Exactly. Thanks for clarifying that.

And sounds good! :D

This sounds nice. I'd be happy to help design a character or two.

I'd do it, but it'd be for fun mostly and to showcase some art, right?

Nonetheless I could maybe draw a cool character or a scene :p

Have you talked to the other sites about it?

On the topic of the other sites, I would like to know what happens when you get a significant amount of help in going ahead with this. In fact, I have a lot of questions to ask about this.

What happens if other sites are not interested?
If other sites are interested, where will you coordinate everything, barring in mind that it needs to be somewhere that everyone has access to, and wants to go to?
If other sites are not, would you will be willing to continue the project with just Bulbagarden members?

I think that these are some key questions that knowing answers for early will help us later on.

Edit: I'm also going to suggest that this be a Bulbagarden exclusive project. The chances of several of the major sites working together on this are low.

Last edited:
Bulbagarden-exclusive is actually a pretty interactive idea. For instance, we can have many characters based on members here, almost like putting them into the project.

Of course, getting help from other sites isn't too bad either.

Either way, we'll just see how the other sites respond when I ask them when the time comes.

Last edited:
I would still very much appreciate if you answered the questions that I posted earlier, as they can be answered before you get a response from the other sites.

I would still very much appreciate if you answered the questions that I posted earlier, as they can be answered before you get a response from the other sites.
Alright, here it is:
Q: What happens if other sites are not interested?
A: If the other sites are not interested, then this project will become exclusive to Bulbagarden.

Q: If other sites are interested, where will you coordinate everything, barring in mind that it needs to be somewhere that everyone has access to, and wants to go to?
A: It will take place on threads on all four forums. Since this project will not have a director, it can act on its own over time in different forums.

Q: If other sites are not, would you will be willing to continue the project with just Bulbagarden members?
A: Yes.

Last edited:
The Bulbagarden Staff has been considering your project. Although you have our full support, we urge you to realize the immense amount of work, planning and commitment this project takes. You are welcome to continue this in a social group, but we will not make this an official project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom