• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Company Inc e-mail address ?

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
I need to contact TPCI as soon as possible (more specifically: the people of TPCI that are responsible for the dubbing of the show in other countries) but sadly couldn't find any e-mail address and everything I tried failed (I tried sending e-mail to Nintendo asking for TPCI's e-mail address, I tried to use the "ask a question" thing on Pokémon.com, etc... nothing worked so far)
Anyone can help?
Thanks

I wouldn't know, either. Try Google or the like? o3o And why is it so important?

I wouldn't know, either. Try Google or the like? o3o

Of course I tried Google and anything else I could think of... but didn't get anything

And why is it so important?

To save Pokémon's Hebrew dub from wrong translations and continuity problems

If anyone can, please help me contact TPCI somehow...

As I said, I already tried Pokemon.com's "ask a question" thing - they don't give you an e-mail address, they only let you post a message to their site, then reply that they can't answer messages of this kind =\

Ooh, so you tried that? Shoot, sorry. D8;

Why not just call them then? 425-274-4855
Semi-direct communication might be better. Though I doubt anything you can say to them will help them change and/or fix a dub they're doing. D:

Ooh, so you tried that? Shoot, sorry. D8;

Why not just call them then? 425-274-4855
Semi-direct communication might be better.

Well, phone is a little problem for me, being from Israel XD e-mail would be much easier...

Though I doubt anything you can say to them will help them change and/or fix a dub they're doing. D:

The thing is, they're not even aware to what's going on with the dub here... I'm sure that they do care about Pokémon and would try to listen to what I'd have to tell them, the problem is getting the right people to talk with... so far nothing that I tried worked...

Well, if phoning is not gonna work, there is always sending them a letter. D8; Would that be a bit easier?

Wow...how bad is the Hebrew dub then? D8; It can't be any worse than what 4Kids did.

Well, if phoning is not gonna work, there is always sending them a letter. D8; Would that be a bit easier?

Regular mail isn't really good either XD that's why I'm insisting on getting an e-mail address, which they have to have! I really don't know why it's SO hard to get an e-mail address of them...

Wow...how bad is the Hebrew dub then? D8; It can't be any worse than what 4Kids did.

Bad translations for terms, ignoring past continuity so 1 term can get 324523 different names, called by a different name every ep, etc....
I helped the dub a little during Pokémon Chronicles, Seasons 10-12 (and even translated the last 6 eps of Season 11) but sadly starting with Season 11 and growing in Season 12, Disney and TPCI became involved in this and decided how every term should be translated, but they chose ridiculous translations to a lot of the terms... TPCI probably don't really have someone who knows Hebrew to check stuff like that for them, but I can fix everything for them quickly...
Sadly Season 13 is recorded in a different dubbing studio which isn't as willing to get help from me as the previous studio... and they're using wrong translations and ignoring the past continuity with terms...

Ooh dang...if you actually helped in actual episodes, one would think you'd have connections to getting to them right away! D8 Alas, I don't think I can help any more here...hopefully someone else in this garden does. I'm sorry that this is all I can do. OTL

What proof do you have that they don't know what's happening to the dub?

As it stands, I doubt anything's going to change regarding it simply because one person calls with a complaint.

I'd also like to email them, but ask when I can expect Pokemon Black and White to come onto DVD.

What proof do you have that they don't know what's happening to the dub?

As it stands, I doubt anything's going to change regarding it simply because one person calls with a complaint.

Let's say I saw some stuff and I know for sure they aren't aware of some things and that they actually care, unlike the people who work on the show in Israel... and I'm sure they'd like to know these things, but if I can't contact whoever responsible for this of TPCI, they'll never be able to know, cause here in Israel no one cares about these things...
Sadly, it seems like I won't be able to contact them, but if anyone finds a way to contact them, reply here or PM me please...

Let's say I saw some stuff and I know for sure they aren't aware of some things and that they actually care, unlike the people who work on the show in Israel... and I'm sure they'd like to know these things, but if I can't contact whoever responsible for this of TPCI, they'll never be able to know, cause here in Israel no one cares about these things...
Sadly, it seems like I won't be able to contact them, but if anyone finds a way to contact them, reply here or PM me please...

Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to contact either the [one or more] of the translators, or the studio who makes the dub? At least for me, I usually speak with the translator [which I personally know, he's in my MSN] him/herself, and if they guy is kind enough [like the Finnish translator I know] he/she will/might pass the information to the studio. However, TPCi has really strict rules of what changes it accpets. Nowaday all the dubs must be as close to the English script as possible. But at least you can try :3

Can you give some examples how exactly the dub is bad?

Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to contact either the [one or more] of the translators, or the studio who makes the dub? At least for me, I usually speak with the translator [which I personally know, he's in my MSN] him/herself, and if they guy is kind enough [like the Finnish translator I know] he/she will/might pass the information to the studio. However, TPCi has really strict rules of what changes it accpets. Nowaday all the dubs must be as close to the English script as possible. But at least you can try :3

Can you give some examples how exactly the dub is bad?

I know the translator and she's trying her best, but she has to stick to their lists of terms, which are full of mistakes... I tried to contact the studio about this and they let me correct their mistakes, but then said they have no one to forward it to, despite the fact they have contact with TPCI by e-mail... I tried to ask them to give me their e-mail or at least give them my e-mail, or at least just send them my list of corrections, but they refuse because they simply don't care about the show at all =\
I'm 100% sure that TPCI would approve my changes, cause they actually care about the show... unlike the people who work on it in Israel who don't really know anything about Pokémon and don't care about anything
It could be better if the studio that did Seasons 1-12 worked on S13, but sadly it's in a different studio now and it's even harder for me to talk with them about stuff like that than it was with the previous studio.. that's why I'm trying to contact TPCI myself - cause it seems like they're not going to help me doing this...

And as I explained, terms got bad translations (sometimes even completely ridiculous and far from the real meaning of the term, while TPCI believes these are direct translation of the English when they're not even close...) and some terms got different translations than how they were called in the past, etc...
I really love Pokémon and can help TPCI a lot, but it won't happen if I won't be able to contact the responsible people for this of TPCI...

And as I explained, terms got bad translations (sometimes even completely ridiculous and far from the real meaning of the term, while TPCI believes these are direct translation of the English when they're not even close...) and some terms got different translations than how they were called in the past, etc...
I really love Pokémon and can help TPCI a lot, but it won't happen if I won't be able to contact the responsible people for this of TPCI...

About the "moves changing names" thing, I guess you can't control that one that much. When we had Finnish translation for attacks [in seasons 1-8, nowadays they keep their English name since games are here in English] they might have had many different names for a single attack too. Surely there are more translators besides the one you know? They might not remember the original name of the attack and thus, translate it differently.

You keep saying that they don't use direct translations [and that is sometimes good thing, 'cause some terms might not sound good if transtaled directly], but could you give some examples of the names? It's difficult to understand how differently the translation goes without any reference ;3

About the "moves changing names" thing, I guess you can't control that one that much. When we had Finnish translation for attacks [in seasons 1-8, nowadays they keep their English name since games are here in English] they might have had many different names for a single attack too.

S 1-8 was before TPCI got into this stuff... translators could do whatever they want, now translators work with lists of terms and have to stick to these lists...

You keep saying that they don't use direct translations [and that is sometimes good thing, 'cause some terms might not sound good if transtaled directly], but could you give some examples of the names? It's difficult to understand how differently the translation goes without any reference ;3

I know direct translation isn't always the best - but with most of the moves it is the best way to do it and sometimes they did it wrong... I'll give you one very ridiculous example of their lists' mistakes: Piloswine is the Swine Pokémon - but in their lists they translated Swine as if it was Swan... imagine what will happen now if a Piloswine appeared in S13 - they'd have to stick to these lists and call it a Swan when it's obviously a Swine...
TPCI obviously wouldn't like things like this to happen - but sadly they apparently don't have someone who knows Hebrew to check this stuff for them... I can happily fix them everything, totally for free without asking to get anything from this, but again, if I won't be able to contact them, that won't happen and Pokémon's dub will be very ridiculous and unprofessional, worst than it ever was before... cause these lists that they use now are simply FULL of mistakes... they intention of these lists is nice, but it fails when whoever translated these lists did the worst job ever and clearly didn't know what he's doing

Say, since you have some contact what that one translator, is there any way you'd get a TPCI e-mail from him? I know that usually translators don't get information like this (I already tried to talk with our translator and she can't get it either) but I thought maybe it's a worth a try?...
I really don't know what to do anymore... it's so sad that TPCI NEED me, they don't know it, but they desperately need my help... since I know they do care about Pokémon, unlike these dubbing studios in Israel...

Say, since you have some contact what that one translator, is there any way you'd get a TPCI e-mail from him? I know that usually translators don't get information like this (I already tried to talk with our translator and she can't get it either) but I thought maybe it's a worth a try?...
I really don't know what to do anymore... it's so sad that TPCI NEED me, they don't know it, but they desperately need my help... since I know they do care about Pokémon, unlike these dubbing studios in Israel...

Hmm, so some other than the translator you know translates the terms, yes? [And btw, it seems that he clearly doesn't do his job properly] That's odd, because I reckon I heard from our translator that he translates the episodes as well as the terms [which can be translated, since we have that "you aren't allowed to translate the attack names" rule in Nordic dubs nowadays] all by himself [and I reckon that I also saw one of those lists myself too...] But I guess it differs by studio.

Yes, he is able to contact TPCi, I'm sure of that [For one example, I informed him about the "Daybreak City" typo in the English dub, and it was thus corrected as "Daybreak Town" in the Finnish dub. TPCi representative was really pleased by this and asked to pass his thanks for me.] but I don't know if he's allowed to contact them about the dub of different country. However, I can ask for a e-mail address, if you want to :3

Hmm, so some other than the translator you know translates the terms, yes? [And btw, it seems that he clearly doesn't do his job properly] That's odd, because I reckon I heard from our translator that he translates the episodes as well as the terms [which can be translated, since we have that "you aren't allowed to translate the attack names" rule in Nordic dubs nowadays] all by himself [and I reckon that I also saw one of those lists myself too...] But I guess it differs by studio.

Yes, he is able to contact TPCi, I'm sure of that [For one example, I informed him about the "Daybreak City" typo in the English dub, and it was thus corrected as "Daybreak Town" in the Finnish dub. TPCi representative was really pleased by this and asked to pass his thanks for me.] but I don't know if he's allowed to contact them about the dub of different country. However, I can ask for a e-mail address, if you want to :3

Yes, please try!! Explain to him my situation: that the Hebrew dub is using a lot of wrong translations for terms, ignoring the past continuity, etc... I saw TPCI's lists of terms, I can easily fix them everything + provide explanation for every change I suggest and I'm sure TPCI will approve it and be happy about me doing this... I just need to contact them somehow...
If you can get their e-mail address, that would be awesome... if you can, PM me when you got their e-mail address (better not write it in this thread... I don't want them to get spam from random people because of me)
If he won't want to give their e-mail address, then at least, if possible, tell them about me and ask if they wise to contact me?...

Yes, please try!! Explain to him my situation: that the Hebrew dub is using a lot of wrong translations for terms, ignoring the past continuity, etc... I saw TPCI's lists of terms, I can easily fix them everything + provide explanation for every change I suggest and I'm sure TPCI will approve it and be happy about me doing this... I just need to contact them somehow...
If you can get their e-mail address, that would be awesome... if you can, PM me when you got their e-mail address (better not write it in this thread... I don't want them to get spam from random people because of me)
If he won't want to give their e-mail address, then at least, if possible, tell them about me and ask if they wise to contact me?...

Yes I try to do everything I can for you! ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom