• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Legends: Arceus Datamine thread!

Based on what i've seen of the games story Yeah it doesn't seem like they are intentionally ugly, it's just them trying to look like Arceus

Someone brought up on tumblr that maybe they're supposed to be ugly and shocking in some kind of biblical angel sort of way?

Either way, I still kind of like Palkia the best but Dialga is growing on me.

I believe there is a theory out there based on the library myths that Dialga and Palkia were once part of Arceus instead of being just created from nothing... or rather part of whatever the Original One is that became Arceus. So it would make sense if they originally looked like him too.

In a sense, Dialga and Palkia can be considered being part of Arceus, recombined with their creator while in their Origin form, not in a physical way, but more of a spiritual way, according to the theory off course.

Last edited:
Yeeze, the move cut was pretty nasty unless a bunch of moves were made much more common. A ton of moves got nerfed, too.
No Earthquake, RIP Torterra's second typing unlike he gets High Horsepower now.

Fighting is looking in a potentially bad state mid-game with Brick Break gone, and Aura Sphere is the only Special one left.

The move cut is likely due to the styles introduction and the fact that they improved greatly in the animation department.
Although I don't completely agree in the various moves they decided to cut, as well as certain movesets.

Is there something similar to that Tiki statue in XY that points to the next generation?

Does anyone know the height and weight formula? From what I can gather, they both use a byte value into a triangular distribution, though at this point I have no idea what the final size output would be. I'm getting alpha sizes that don't really correspond to a set multiplier or addition.

Whoa! How did you even get to that point...? By digging through the code and seeing what the values for those are?

I think alpha sizes may be out of a random 'higher' value?
I wish, I still don't have it yet. I have been seeing other data miners talk about it on discord and twitter.
From what I can gather, both are byte values with a range of 0 to 255. Most of the encounters have a height and weight byte of 127, so I'm guessing that would be the mode of the distribution.

Alphas mostly have the 255 byte for height, not so sure about weight. I guess the distribution for them is different, or the final height for them is calculated differently

Do you own a hacked Switch? I think you can also view some parts of the rom on PC as well.
Nah, I look at the Roms on the PC, Can't afford getting a second switch incase they block it from online xp
In other news, looks like Serebii listed the non-alpha ranges of sizes and weight.

Last edited:
Personally, I just think this is a "Just in case" scenario. It doesn't necessarily mean Mega Evolutions will be added.

I'm sure it's just a case of that they copy-pasted the data from a main archive and didn't bother to trim anything out this time. It has data for many pokemon and regional variants unavailable in the game as well, including Cap Pikachus. Gonna go out on a limb and say that they definitely weren't planning on adding Cap Pikachus to the game.

Interestingly, it seems like they also have "form" data for the unevolvable Gmax Pikachu and Eevee, as well, but not for Gmax Meowth or any of the other Gmax pokemon. That or it's Partner Pikachu and Eevee but with SwSh learnsets?? Really confused on which iteration of those two those entries are for.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's just a case of that they copy-pasted the data from a main archive and didn't bother to trim anything out this time. It has data for many pokemon and regional variants unavailable in the game as well, including Cap Pikachus. Gonna go out on a limb and say that they definitely weren't planning on adding Cap Pikachus to the game.

Interestingly, it seems like they also have "form" data for the unevolvable Gmax Pikachu and Eevee, as well, but not for Gmax Meowth or any of the other Gmax pokemon.
They probably overlooked those, the coding can look messy to the point where things can be overlooked very easily.

They probably overlooked those, the coding can look messy to the point where things can be overlooked very easily.
I wouldn't call it overlooked, more like they didn't bother looking because literally, it has every pokemon from Bulbasaur to Reshiram, nothing trimmed out. They just copy-pasted Gen 1-5 because that was all they needed.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom