• ME decides not to pursue Team Galactic and instead climb around the Sinnoh region with his new HM. Watch the new episode here.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The Pokémon main series Music Appreciation Thread

Reaction score
I forgot about the Battle Frontier theme, specially the Frontier Brain remix. That's one of the reasons the Battle Frontier in Emerald is one of the few Battle Facilities I enjoyed.

Not Dead
Reaction score
This is cheating, but I really like this fan-made remix of the Johto surfing theme:

formerly techitisJ
Reaction score

I have all these feels when I listen to this song, absolutely beautiful. Plays at the end of X and Y, though I did have to look that up because I couldn't remember.

I've never actually played Black and White, but this song is absolutely lovely. Very calming and ambient.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hx8H54VgTk

And by far my favorite Grunt theme. I don't really enjoy long routes with lots of trainer battles, or going up against the evil team with all the grunt battles, but Team Skull's music makes those battles so worth it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDFEUfS4r_A

Great Champion battle theme right here.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Gen V has a lot of gems.

The farewell theme, N battle theme and who can forget the advent of Dennis?

To all children of the world - congratulations.
Reaction score
No order.

Route 209 Sinnoh. Thanks for reminding me SugarCookie420.
Undella Town (Autumn/Winter/Spring)
Anistar City
Route 10
Ecruteak City HGSS THE START. AAAHAHAHAHAHHHHH
Burnt Tower especially the version which plays in Pokemon Generations.
Battle! Deoxys

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
This is an outrage! How has no one posted the Dragonspiral / Celestial Tower theme from BW yet?

I love putting this on when I'm in the shower or doing housework. Very peaceful.

(◔_◔)
Reaction score
For me it goes RSE > DPPt > GSC > BW/B2W2 > RBGY > XY > SM/USUM in terms of which non-remake games had the best soundtracks. The Alola games have the most pitiful attempt at BGM that I've ever witnessed in any game; the E4 battle theme is literally the only song that I like in those games.

Part-Time Rescuer and Explorer
Reaction score
While I prefer the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series's music over the mainline series's music, I still really like a lot of what the main series has to offer, especially from Gens 2-5. Here are a few I really like:

little brat a la Max & Bonnie
Reaction score
  1. HGSS/GSC Rt. 29
  2. DPPt Rt. 209/212
  3. Battle! Champion Cynthia (all versions)
  4. Illex Forest/ROA/Tohjo Falls/ Union Cave
  5. Unown's pokegear radio thingy
  6. HGSS/GSC Champion
7.ORAS Zinnia's theme
  1. BW/B2W2 Accumula Town aka Furret Walk
  2. RSE/ORAS New Mauville/Mt Pyre
  3. ORAS Night Soaring with Latias/Latios

Not Dead
Reaction score
Ghetsis' theme is rather overdone. It sounds more fitting for Genesect or something.

N's is a bit repetitive.