• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

The Pokémon main series Music Appreciation Thread

prog rocker

Reaction score
I forgot about the Battle Frontier theme, specially the Frontier Brain remix. That's one of the reasons the Battle Frontier in Emerald is one of the few Battle Facilities I enjoyed.

Poké Boss

The Best Gym Leader
Reaction score
LGPE did a great job with this one:

Last edited:

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
This is cheating, but I really like this fan-made remix of the Johto surfing theme:

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score

I have all these feels when I listen to this song, absolutely beautiful. Plays at the end of X and Y, though I did have to look that up because I couldn't remember.

I've never actually played Black and White, but this song is absolutely lovely. Very calming and ambient.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hx8H54VgTk

And by far my favorite Grunt theme. I don't really enjoy long routes with lots of trainer battles, or going up against the evil team with all the grunt battles, but Team Skull's music makes those battles so worth it!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDFEUfS4r_A

Great Champion battle theme right here.

lapisora

Where there's a Will, there's a way
Reaction score
No order.

Route 209 Sinnoh. Thanks for reminding me SugarCookie420.
Undella Town (Autumn/Winter/Spring)
Anistar City
Route 10
Ecruteak City HGSS THE START. AAAHAHAHAHAHHHHH
Burnt Tower especially the version which plays in Pokemon Generations.
Battle! Deoxys

Poneto

Previously Obstagoon
Reaction score
This is an outrage! How has no one posted the Dragonspiral / Celestial Tower theme from BW yet?

I love putting this on when I'm in the shower or doing housework. Very peaceful.

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
For me it goes RSE > DPPt > GSC > BW/B2W2 > RBGY > XY > SM/USUM in terms of which non-remake games had the best soundtracks. The Alola games have the most pitiful attempt at BGM that I've ever witnessed in any game; the E4 battle theme is literally the only song that I like in those games.

QuilavaRDSP

Part-Time Rescuer and Explorer
Reaction score
While I prefer the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series's music over the mainline series's music, I still really like a lot of what the main series has to offer, especially from Gens 2-5. Here are a few I really like:

ShinyRockruff204

little brat a la Max & Bonnie
Reaction score
  1. HGSS/GSC Rt. 29
  2. DPPt Rt. 209/212
  3. Battle! Champion Cynthia (all versions)
  4. Illex Forest/ROA/Tohjo Falls/ Union Cave
  5. Unown's pokegear radio thingy
  6. HGSS/GSC Champion
7.ORAS Zinnia's theme
  1. BW/B2W2 Accumula Town aka Furret Walk
  2. RSE/ORAS New Mauville/Mt Pyre
  3. ORAS Night Soaring with Latias/Latios

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
Ghetsis' theme is rather overdone. It sounds more fitting for Genesect or something.

N's is a bit repetitive.