• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

The Pokémon main series Music Appreciation Thread

Poké Boss

The Best Gym Leader
Reaction score
I have just realised that YouTube's laws have screwed up around 40% of this thread. A lot of the videos we posted are missing...

Last edited:

prog rocker

Reaction score
I have just realised that YouTube's laws have screwed up around 40% of this thread. A lot of the videos we posted are missing...
Weird... Those videos were working perfectly yesterday. Did YouTube change anything?

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm tired of You Tube's crappy rules regarding video-game music, it should be fine to post video-game music unedited as long as the uploader does two things: Doesn't claim the music as their own and does not make money off of it.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm tired of You Tube's crappy rules regarding video-game music, it should be fine to post video-game music unedited as long as the uploader does two things: Doesn't claim the music as their own and does not make money off of it.
They should do something like this too for rhythm games. It was sad watching a Get Lucky FC in Rock Band with no sound.

ShinyRockruff204

little brat a la Max & Bonnie
Reaction score
fr*ck youtube. they just want money. money. mOnEy. MONEY HUNGRE DUMBOS

Yami-no-Game

Reaction score
I like a lot of B/W's music like the N's Castle theme and both Opelucid City themes, but I don't get the hype surrounding the Emotion BGM. To me it doesn't sound like anything special, just a generic bittersweet melody that you'd hear in every other game.

Leaf_Ranger

Reaction score
I simply love HG's National Park theme! It's so relaxing, so perfect for the place and done in such a great way that I just stand with the game turned on to hear it.

My second choice goes to Lilycove's theme because it soothing, it seems adequate for a place with an art gallery and with such a view for the sea. ASOR only made it better by having the possibility to seat near the lighthouse and see the sky changing.

In third place comes Sapphire's Fortree and Secret base theme. I like the city and my secret base and it's very chill and with a nice tune. I disliked how they put a different theme for ASOR's secret bases.

All of Pallet's theme have a soft spot in my heart, namely the first, because of nostalgia and good memories, as well as Blue's themes in general along with their HG remakes.

I also think that the music of the player's hometown are great and feel cosy.

Sapphire's Abandoned ship music is great and fitting since it seems to have some tragedy embedded in it.

I like HG's music for caves but only when in Ilex Forest.

PS: Forest's themes are awesome!!