• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon ORAS Pre-Order Bonus/Limited Edition Thread

Joshawott

The Possibly Fake
Reaction score
Now that we're nearing the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, various retailers across the world will be trying to get our attention by offering a variety of different pre-order bonuses. So I think it's about time that we collected everything in one place, so people can make an informed decision of where to buy from.

Note: Before you consider buying from a different region, the Nintendo 3DS and its games are region locked.

Asia:
TBA

Europe:
Nintendo UK Online Store & GAME - Limited Edition steelbook and figure
ShopTo - Torchic Keyring

North America:
GameStop - Double sided poster

Oceania:
TBA

South Korea:
TBA

Please post here if you find any other pre-order bonuses!

Last edited:
The Groudon figure looks like it's standing on a cheese burger.

I was thinking it looked more like a cookie...

I'm okay with the poster. The Groudon/Kyogre side looks great. I'm gonna get a casual frame for it and put it in my room :3 Hopefully my Gamestop keeps up with all the events and bonuses, it just opened up a few weeks ago.

The steel book looks cool but just like all the other steel books I have its just there for looks. I'm perfectly happy with just the poster! :)

The only pre-order bonuses I have ever cared about were OSTs or collection releases (Wind Waker's OoT/Master Quest GCN disc bonus), so I'm not feeling too sad over here.

I don't pre-order games, anyway. I work overnights at a grocery store, and I will get Omega Ruby during my midnight break just like I did X. =P

Damn, I'm so glad I waited. The Shopto preorder is more than a bit lame when compared to the Limited Editions. Seeing as it's now very difficult (and expensive) to get hold of previous remakes HGSS in their original packaging, I think I'll splurge for both Steelbooks. :D

Does anyone else think the figures look kinda... bad?

Edit: Aaaaand now I'm broke. And very excited. Awesomeness.

The figures - might they be Amiibos? They look about the right shape, size and substance. Then again, I suspect they'd probably have announced up front if they were.

ETA: Base is different, too. Still, nice idea!

I'm still waiting for either of my gamestops to get the poster in since I already pre-ordered Ruby. It'll look nice with the Hoenn paper placemat map I got free from Comic Con.

After the initial shock wore off after the figures stopped being a thing for US pre-orders...I don't mind the posters as much now. Getting a single poster is still better than the nothing that Black and White ended up getting and you don't get to miss out on one or the other bonus when you can only afford to pre-order one game. Though with that said, I'm still loving the steelbooks and the figures.

We don't really do pre-orders here, but we still get all the goodies day one. That's how I got the ganon figure for WWHD, and that's likely how I'm getting those steelbooks.

GAME UK now has the steelbook and figures, but they cost £10 more.

I don't see the point in spending £10 more just for a figure I'll never use and a steelbook that'll just fill up storage space for another game. I'll stick to the normal edition. Although I notice that the Nintendo Store has the steelbook the same price as the regular edition too.

I'll definitely be picking up the steelbook editions. Too pretty to not get. The figure's a nice added bonus.

Now I wish I lived in the UK, as I really like those figures and the steelbook bonus. A poster seems kinda weak by comparison, really. So unless something changes, I'll hold off pre-ordering until I hear of anything else that may be offered here in the states.

Finally! I will actually pre-order BOTH games for the bonuses (now I'm glad it's released after my birthday as I'll have enough money for both) a figure is what I've been waiting for since HGSS which was the last time I pre-ordered both versions.
Usually I pre-order based on price and just go for the cheapest, despite the pre-order bonuses.

I wonder how many pre-orders got cancelled on ShopTo today? Lol.

I'm kind of annoyed that Game aren't offering the limited editions for 34.99, given that Nintendo Shop has the regular and special editions for the same price. But then again, that same price is 39.99, so they're obviously just greedy b*stards anyway!

Never pre-ordered from Game before, but Amazon lost my custom after 2/3 release day pre-orders failed to reach me on release day, and their customers service failed to give a crap. So I guess Game gets my order this year.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom