• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon ORAS Pre-Order Bonus/Limited Edition Thread

Looks like GAME just hiked their prices up for the 'free' pre-order bonus. Yes GAME I see what you did there!

Why can't I just buy the figures then if you're going to put the prices up to cover the already expensive game?

Looks like GAME just hiked their prices up for the 'free' pre-order bonus. Yes GAME I see what you did there!

Why can't I just buy the figures then if you're going to put the prices up to cover the already expensive game?

Did they?

The sites always shown £34.99 for the standard and the only price change I've actually seen is a reduction on the Steel book edition form £49.99 to £39.99.

Also, from the looks of it, with GAME, you only get the figure if you pre-order the regular edition. So the Nintendo UK Online Store is the only place in the UK you can get both the figure and the steelbook.

News flash: Japan gets a massive amount of pre-order options (obvies).

Those who pre-order either OR or AS will get a respective figure of either Groudon or Kyogre--the figures are different from the ones Europe is getting. Serebii Joe is also stating that there will be an ORAS double-pack, and if you pre-order that you'll get the two figures and a serial code for 100 Potions. S-Joe also says that if you pre-order both copies in a Japanese Pokémon Center, you'll get a Hoenn Artbook (my guess is you also get the two figures, but his wording's a bit weird); pre-ordering only one will get you a figure and a stylized poster, different from the North American poster.

Omg those Japanese figures are BEAUTIFUL, especially the Kyogre one. I would reconsider getting OR first if those figures came to North America. And DAT ARTBOOK, I love looking at stuff like that. Waaah. :(

The figures the Japanese get look so much better quality than the ones the West are getting.

The Japanese bonuses look fantastic... the West never gets good stuff like that, but that's to be expected by now. I'm not surprised. I'm okay with the poster here in usa I guess.

I went to my local Toys R Us the other day to see if anyone knew anything about the preorder bonus that I keep reading about, but there wasn't any signage or literature about the event. I would have asked someone but I literally could not find a single employee in the entire store ahaha (What are you guys doing leaving the video game section unattended? That seems like a bad idea??) I at least wanted a picture of the plush to be displayed somewhere, because I have a couple of friends who were interested in preordering with me if the plush was not something they were interested in.

tl;dr I'd still really really like some official information on the Toys R Us preorder bonus, ahaha....

Cannot believe that the Limited Ed Steelbooks for £5 extra don't come with figurines when you pre-order with Game. ONLY the regular editions get the figurines; what the actual hell? I'm paying £40 and I don't even get a crummy figure? -grumps- :(

I'd seriously consider buying from Ninty UK store at this point, except I've never ordered from them before. Anyone have experience with them? Do their release day deliveries actually turn up on time for release day?

Not sure where people are getting this information that the West is getting just a poster for their pre-order but I guess it varies depending on whom is the retailer. GameStop is advertising this on their page for OR/AS: click here.

Not sure where people are getting this information that the West is getting just a poster for their pre-order but I guess it varies depending on whom is the retailer. GameStop is advertising this on their page for OR/AS: click here.

That's not a pre-order exclusive is it? I've read about a regular event like that at Gamestop last month. Also, look at the end date, that's in less than two weeks. Admittedly, the small print seems to imply that you have to place a pre-order to get the code.

Even though that's on the ORAS page the event is specifically for XY, and at least some GameStop stores don't require you to pre-order ORAS in order to pick up the Pokémon/Mega Stone from this event. Also, never mind the fact that this event ends about 2 months before ORAS is even released.

Right now the only pre-order bonus confirmed for North America is the double-sided poster at GameStop. (And then there's the still-up-in-the-air Charizard plush from Toys R Us.)

That art book looks incredible! I wish they would release it here as well, or maybe they'll release something similar, as I wouldn't mind having to buy an art book either

We have more info about the Toys R Us pre-order bonus!

It looks like you actually get the option of either a Mega Charizard X plush or a Mega Charizard Y plush (while supplies last, I'm assuming)! Based on the image used on the card it seems like the MCY plush is the same one found on the Pokémon Center website (which, hey whaddya know, is valued at USD 23).

I wasn't planning on getting both (at least in physical form), but the MCX plush looks legit! Of course now I need to find out if my nearby TRU is doing this promotion, as well... @__@;;

Just made my pre-orders at Toys R Us for both versions so I can get the Mega Charizard plush. I kind of wish they didn't go the route of exploiting Charizard again. I mean, wouldn't it have been better if they released, oh I don't know, a bonus of a Pokemon that is a main part of the ORAS games like Groudon or Kyogre?? :/ Bah, oh well. I'll probably be getting Mega Charizard X and buy Y separately. I am taking time off from work just to be there early in the morning because I don't want them to run out of plushes.

Stopped by the local gaming store earlier today. Still no pre-order bonuses in Belgium, so since mainland Europe usually gets the same pre-order bonuses, I'm guessing that means that UK is still the only European country that gets a bonus.

Still no pre-order bonuses in Belgium.

There are pre-order bonuses in Belgium. If you pre-ordered OR before June 9 and AS before June 17 at GameMania you get the steelcases for free!

Not in my Game Mania apparently. The girl behind the counter was bummed out about that too when I asked because she likes Pokemon as well.

There are pre-order bonuses in Belgium. If you pre-ordered OR before June 9 and AS before June 17 at GameMania you get the steelcases for free!

Not in my Game Mania apparently. The girl behind the counter was bummed out about that too when I asked because she likes Pokemon as well.

The Dutch website Bol offers the steelcase editions for €49,99 ($64,63), if I remember correctly they sell to Belgium too. The normal editions are €5 cheaper, so I preorderd Omega Ruby-steelcase myself.

The Dutch website Bol offers the steelcase editions for €49,99 ($64,63), if I remember correctly they sell to Belgium too. The normal editions are €5 cheaper, so I preorderd Omega Ruby-steelcase myself.

You can see the pre-order bonus on the game mania website. It is on the info page of the games themselves (Pokémon Omega Ruby op Nintendo 3DS)

You can see the pre-order bonus on the game mania website. It is on the info page of the games themselves (Pokémon Omega Ruby op Nintendo 3DS)

Must've gone up shortly after I stopped by. I had checked the site before I left to the store, at the store they check the website for info like that as well as it turns out. So at that point, why bother mentioning the pre-order bonus if the deadline has already expired by two months? Typical Game Mania, same thing happened with the Pokeball for XY. The mention of that pre-order bonus went up three months after the deadline, without even mentioning the deadline. I still got one because I was the only person in the store and they had a few extras, but still.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom