• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon ORAS Pre-Order Bonus/Limited Edition Thread

For any of you who are gonna buy the second version JUST to get the Toys R Us Charizard plushie, you can buy one of them on the Pokemon Center website for $22, that's $18 cheaper :p

why is the US always getting shortchanged when it comes to Pokémon anymore these days? First it was events and now its pre-orders.

Well, since the gamestop pre-order bonus is....heh.. I guess I will order Alpha Sapphire off Amazon. Thanks to some reward programs I am enrolled in, I will get the game for around $5 USD or free!

shame Amazon isn't giving out a cool pre-prder.

My local Target is offering a free five dollar gift card with a pre-order of ORAS. It's not a great bonus but it is useful.

Is that with, or applied to the purchase of? You have to watch out for that, because sometimes they will tell you its to be applied to the purchase.

I mean if they're going take off $5, then say they should say its $5 off for pre-orders from the get-go and not do all this marketing slight of hand crap stores have pulled on me in the past. So just saying, you might want to check and make sure you actually get a physical $5 gift card that can be used for other purchases.

My local Target is offering a free five dollar gift card with a pre-order of ORAS. It's not a great bonus but it is useful.

Is that with, or applied to the purchase of? You have to watch out for that, because sometimes they will tell you its to be applied to the purchase.

I mean if they're going take off $5, then say they should say its $5 off for pre-orders from the get-go and not do all this marketing slight of hand crap stores have pulled on me in the past. So just saying, you might want to check and make sure you actually get a physical $5 gift card that can be used for other purchases.

Pretty sure it's gonna be a 5 USD gift card that you can use for a future purchase--Target has been doing this type of pre-order incentive for many games for at least the past year, most likely longer. I suppose it's possible they could change how they do this starting with ORAS, but I doubt it.

Oceania usually misses out on Pokemon preorder bonuses despite paying more than Europe for the exact same product.

EU gets the better pre-order bonus. Us Americans get...a poster? :(

or a $22 Mega Charizard X or Y plushie if both games are ordered despite the fact the same plushie can be bought for $22 instead of the $40 the second game cost.

Meh. Might have been compelling if it was offered for a reduced price, but seeing as you're just paying the same amount, it's kind of pointless IMO. Unless you want/need a lot of potions. lol

Hot damn! Free 100 potions is totally an awesome item to tempt me into buying this dual pack that costs the same as if i bought each game separately. /sarcasm

Why just buy both games when you can get them both with 100 Potions? Because how many of us are really gonna ever need 100 Potions?

Even though this totally seems like something I'd do if I was getting both games at the same time...

I'd like to meet whoever's careless enough to warrant the usage of 100 potions. I bet the thought process was something like this:

Executive 1: Let's make a dual pack for Oras.
Executive 2: There needs to be an incentive. Like an event Pokémon with a rare move.
Executive 3: What if we had a code for 100 potions.
Executive 1:
Executive 1:
Everyone:
Executive 1: Brilliant.

Jokes aside, they really should've gone with a much better incentive, like rare items or berries.

It puts the potion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again. 3 points to anyone that gets the ref.

That code for the 100 potions for each game is a joke. Now if they offered a Code to redeem for a digital copy of the guide, that might be a little different but still this whole thing is just bogus. I guess Nintendo just doesn't respect the american market like they use to. And they wonder why everyone is playing PS4 instead of Wii-U.

But seriously, the US is being screwed in pre-orders and we're not even getting cool metal cases like the UK for our double pack, just a case with cover art that some guy at Nintendo America spent 5 minutes on in Photoshop.

The US should just go to Jiffy Lube, because when it comes to events and preorders, we're getting Psyduck!

You know guys, instead of this dumb 100 potion thing, if you buy both games at Toys R Us you get your choice of either a Mega Charizard X or Y plushie when you go to pick up the game.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom