• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Pokemon Starters Mafia (Mafia Wins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry again for the inactivity. I should be able to be more active by tomorrow, hopefully.

While I've only voted on major bandwagons I think it's important to note that for the first time, Calvin was being voted for what I think were valid reasons (being quiet, posting some but not contributing, prompting some suspicion on inactives when he even had scum reads). And I voted leectic because there was no other choice, really. We had to find out if he was being framed or not. I do understand why my votes are suspicious though since I admittedly didn't vote Pikochu, but unfortunately I can't take that back.

Anyway onto the mch votes. He hasn't done much and is clinging to meta sure, but I would be pretty surprised if he actually turned out mafia. This probably isn't the right thing to lean on (not evidence), but I don't think he'd be acting this way if he was really mafia. Btw is the case against mch about the lack of contribution or was there something more to it?
His actions, lack of actions, Piko's actions.

Vote: returnofmastercrazyhand

I really don't like how he is relying on meta to clear himself. Meta, firstly, should always be a supplement to scumhunting, not the prime indicator. In an ideal game everyone should start with a clean slate and only actions/behaviors presented during said game would be analyzed to determine scuminess or towniness. If meta is to be used, it should be the other players who judge whether the player in question is following a particular meta/playstyle. Using a meta argument to defend yourself is inherently flawed because you control your own actions and thus can influence how people will view them if you are aiming to get a meta clear. It's defending without actually defending yourself and only serves to screw things up when people are trying to get an actual read on you. MCH said he can't defend himself but then says he's defending himself with appeals to emotions. There's no consistency here and I don't like how it's drawing way too much unnecessary attention.

Sorry for my inactivity. I agree with Slife's above post.
Vote: returnofmastercrazyhand

While I agree with what Slife is saying something about this lynch is kinda fishy. Mch has by no means been acting in a townly helpful manner but this just seems like an easy lynch for scum to latch onto.
This seems more about his playstyle and the fact he no longer wants to play, not really about whether he's mafia or town.

Also about Pikochu's attitude towards mch. While I think I do remember him (man do I wish that searching posts thing was still here) not wanting to lynch him there was also this:

I don't like the argument that MCH is "derp clear." There has been instances that scum pretends to be the "town idiot" to that they can be cleared. While it's most likely than not that it is an honest mistake, it's almost certainly not indicative of anything.

So I'm not sure if it's a good idea to look too much into that.

2) @Sunsette
3) @Hellcrow
4) @Elementar
5) @Slife
7) @jdthebud
8) @White Crow
9) @Midorikawa
13) @MMMMMMMMMMMMM
16) @Space

Desperate, the village lynches @returnofmastercrazyhand
250px-255Torchic.png

You are Torchic

You are aligned with the Town

Mudkip has evolved into Marshtomp and has gained new power. Let's hope that power is used for good.

Night has begun. Check original post for phase lengths.

That was such a weird day. Looking at those votes for ROMCH, I'd say it's highly likely there's at least one scum on that wagon given that 4/9 left voted for him and he flipped town. Of the four votes of ROMCH, my biggest FOS is on Elementar right now, but if anyone else has any theories, I'm all ears. Hellcrow still hasn't posted since the GM warning but is yet to be replaced so he could be another option given that inactivity without replacement follows his scum meta. What does everyone else think? We haven't heard from White Crow in a while either, hopefully they come back in here.

One more thing, I have to see Marshtomp as town since it would throw the balance out of wack if there were three scum water starters, so hopefully whoever it is can stay alive for longer than poor Bayleef and help deliver us from this pinch.

While I agree with what Slife is saying something about this lynch is kinda fishy. Mch has by no means been acting in a townly helpful manner but this just seems like an easy lynch for scum to latch onto.
This seems more about his playstyle and the fact he no longer wants to play, not really about whether he's mafia or town.

Also about Pikochu's attitude towards mch. While I think I do remember him (man do I wish that searching posts thing was still here) not wanting to lynch him there was also this:

So I'm not sure if it's a good idea to look too much into that.
Thing is a good majority of his posts defend MCH, and there is the voting choice. No doubt there is mafia that jumped on the bandwagon.
I'm seeing White Crow and HC as the most best candidates for the next lynch.
Reasons?

Vote: Elementar

If Elementar flips scum, I think there's a good chance that Space would too. If not, M*13 is starting to ping me and I can't quite put my finger on why. Their understanding of the game seems to come and go, and they've made some confusing comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom