• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Switch Version

What do you think this game or these games will be?

• Total voters
at least they're trying to guess what its gonna be on the switch

i think the reason why they're releasing gen 5 remake is because it might be soon finished so that gen 4 remakes and gen 8 games will get more time to work on

I wonder why are they stating the release year as 2019. I'm actually hoping for a late 2018 release year.

Gen 8 games. And I really hope the games take advantage of the Switch - I guess Zelda spoiled me in terms of open area game play.

Well considering the short development time and Game Freak's hesitant attitude towards open world, I don't think it'll be that much like Zelda, but any significant step in that direction is welcome in my book.

Iirc some stores have kept "Pokemon Switch" on preorder. Nothing new here. That's just a placeholder (but are they mad? $100 is outrageous and not plausible at ALL).

EB Games tend to put really high preorder prices so that if there's fluctuation on a TBC title they're not having to allow people to pay the lower price under Australian consumer law.

Plus with a preorder, most people only do a 10% deposit or so and it goes from there. It's just to get it in the system.

99.99 was Canadian place holder price for switch games

It's gonna be 79.99 canadian. 59.99 usd

I think it's so weird that some stores already have the Switch game for pre-order. I guess it isn't too surprising in a way because people would be excited for a main series Pokemon game on the Switch and they could get some more money sooner, but we don't even know when the games will be released. For all we know, people are pre-ordering a game that won't be available for another couple of years.

I'm really curious. Where are you getting this information from?
it would've been better if they didn't leak the full title and kept it a secret

Well considering the short development time and Game Freak's hesitant attitude towards open world, I don't think it'll be that much like Zelda, but any significant step in that direction is welcome in my book.
who knows maybe they're still making the gen 4 remakes and are probably soon gonna finish the gen 5 remakes giving gen 4 remakes a lot of time to be made for the switch or 3ds

Last edited by a moderator:
who knows maybe they're still making the gen 4 remakes and are probably soon gonna finish the gen 5 remakes giving gen 4 remakes a lot of time to be made for the switch or 3ds

You know they make games other than remakes?

There is absolutely NO evidence that even the code names of Gen 5 remakes are decided yet.

You know they make games other than remakes?

There is absolutely NO evidence that even the code names of Gen 5 remakes are decided yet.
true i think that the remake for black and white is just maybe going to release when gen 7 ends an then main series gen 8 games for the switch

true i think that the remake for black and white is just maybe going to release when gen 7 ends an then main series gen 8 games for the switch

Nothing suggests a Gen 5 remake is in recent future. All 'evidence'/'hints' point to either Kanto/Johto or Gen 4 remakes. Absolutely nothing suggests Gen 5 will be done before Gen 4, so idk what makes you think that.

I think it's so weird that some stores already have the Switch game for pre-order. I guess it isn't too surprising in a way because people would be excited for a main series Pokemon game on the Switch and they could get some more money sooner, but we don't even know when the games will be released. For all we know, people are pre-ordering a game that won't be available for another couple of years.

I know a lot of people that preordered the Switch when it was still codenamed NX. I figure if you know that you're definitely going to get whatever it is whenever it comes, there's no harm in registering your interest and getting yourself in for a definite day one release. I'd consider it, at least x3

Lol

The first one is just a search which is a placeholder title. You just searched black and white and the game came up. I've got OR/AS come up as search results while searching for BW on Amazon. Does that mean ORAS are Gen 5 remakes? That's just a fault on the search engine's part. The Switch game has NO title. Their search engine is crappy.

If you even bothered to check, the Switch game there is titled "Pokemon RPG" and not "pokemon black white" or "pokemon y".
I can use your so called "evidence" to argue that Pokken DX is a Gen 5 remake.
Your 'evidence' is nonsense.

Lol

The first one is just a search which is a placeholder title. You just searched black and white and the game came up. I've got OR/AS come up as search results while searching for BW on Amazon. Does that mean ORAS are Gen 5 remakes? That's just a fault on the search engine's part. The Switch game has NO title. Their search engine is crappy.

If you even bothered to check, the Switch game there is titled "Pokemon RPG" and not "pokemon black white" or "pokemon y".
I can use your so called "evidence" to argue that Pokken DX is a Gen 5 remake.
Your 'evidence' is nonsense.
yes that's because they're still working on that page for pokemon black white nintendo switch
and also pokemon y nintendo switch so yeah it is really funny lol

lol

yes that's because they're still working on that page for pokemon black white nintendo switch
Sadly, you have no source for that. That's a PLACEHOLDER. It can be named literally anything when GaneFreak announces its next game. I can easily say "they're working on it to change it into [insert game here].

Not to mention that GameFreak could very well take the case to the courts if EB Games ever leaked their game names publically. (But EB Games is in no capacity to get titles beforehand).

Like I said before, Amazon also has weird results If you search for "Pokemon Diamond" on Amazon, results are "Pokemon Heart Gold", "Soul Silver", "Pokemon Black" and "Pokemon White". Does that mean HGSS and BW are Sinnoh remakes in disguise?

Anything with "Pokemon" in it can come as a result if you search for any Pokemon game. That's how search engines work.

and also pokemon y nintendo switch so yeah it is really funny lol

Oh yeah, anything that dosen't fit into your (baseless) narrative is now "really funny lol". Even headphones are results on the very EB Games page that's your sole "evidence" for BW remakes. Does that mean that GameFreak will now publish games for headphones?

It's very hard for me to maintain patience now...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom