• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Switch Version

What do you think this game or these games will be?

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm not seeing Gen 5 remake will happen before Gen 4 remake, we know GF would likely to follow the order of each game release, so Gen 4 remake happens first, then Gen 5, but I'm skeptical on Gen 5 getting a remake at all, we did had sequel, and I'm trying to see if GF would remake the original, remake the sequel or have B3W3 as another sequel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170906-011413.png
    Screenshot_20170906-011413.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 55
Co-op mode is gonna happen, I said so months ago, and that interview definitely sounds like it. I won't be surprised, unless they have other ideas for multi.

Yeah, I'm not seeing Gen 5 remake will happen before Gen 4 remake, we know GF would likely to follow the order of each game release, so Gen 4 remake happens first, then Gen 5, but I'm skeptical on Gen 5 getting a remake at all, we did had sequel, and I'm trying to see if GF would remake the original, remake the sequel or have B3W3 as another sequel.
probably gen 5 remakes and also gamefreak might release diamond and pearl remakes as well in the same year ok

Last edited:
Look, if I type in "Pokémon Attorney" I get the same results. Are you telling me they will also release a Pokémon/Ace Attorney crossover in the same year?:p I mean, not that I wouldn't love that, but I still doubt it.

Getting those results when searching those words means nothing. They don't have a game with those names, so you get the closest thing. More proof for this is that the first result is always Pokémon Tournament XD, not the Switch game. So Pokémon Tournament XD has more relevance to Black/White and Y than the Switch game does. Which means these games only show up cause it's showing everything related to Pokémon, it has nothing to do with those actual titles.

Look, if I type in "Pokémon Attorney" I get the same results. Are you telling me they will also release a Pokémon/Ace Attorney crossover in the same year?:p I mean, not that I wouldn't love that, but I still doubt it.

Getting those results when searching those words means nothing. They don't have a game with those names, so you get the closest thing. More proof for this is that the first result is always Pokémon Tournament XD, not the Switch game. So Pokémon Tournament XD has more relevance to Black/White and Y than the Switch game does. Which means these games only show up cause it's showing everything related to Pokémon, it has nothing to do with those actual titles.
yes i know soki but the pages for the pokemon black white switch and pokemon y switch aren't ready yet here take a look y remake is probably gonna be announced very soon and the link had to be taken down so here's black white remakes ok
pokemon black white - Switch - EB Games Australia
Pokemon Black - Switch - EB Games Australia

To the people wondering how they are going to transaction from 3DS to Switch, here is Tsunekazu Ishihara's view on the matter:
“Unlike smartphones, the Switch is not a game device that assumes that there’s constant network connectivity. So from our perspective, it’s really not that different from DS or 3DS in terms of connectivity.”

He sees it as a basic transaction like GBA to DS or DS to 3DS.

But I think that it'll still be a challenge though.

probably gen 5 remakes and also gamefreak might release diamond and pearl remakes as well in the same year ok
I don't think they'll two remake in the same generation, it has to be like the concept the fans be predicting on.
Gen 3: FRLG in 2004 on GB.
Gen 4: HGSS in 2009 on DS.
Gen 6: ORAS in 2014 on 3DS.
Gen 8: DP Remake, possibly in 2019 or 2020 on Switch.
Gen 9 or Gen 10 a possible Gen V remake on a new system likely to happen.

Unless you're suggesting they'll putting Sinnoh and Unova remake together, (Which I know that won't happen) let's call it Black Diamond and White Pearl :p

To the people wondering how they are going to transaction from 3DS to Switch, here is Tsunekazu Ishihara's view on the matter:
“Unlike smartphones, the Switch is not a game device that assumes that there’s constant network connectivity. So from our perspective, it’s really not that different from DS or 3DS in terms of connectivity.”

He sees it as a basic transaction like GBA to DS or DS to 3DS.

But I think that it'll still be a challenge though.
If there are gonna be gen 5 remakes how will or run on the switch

I don't think they'll two remake in the same generation, it has to be like the concept the fans be predicting on.
Gen 3: FRLG in 2004 on GB.
Gen 4: HGSS in 2009 on DS.
Gen 6: ORAS in 2014 on 3DS.
Gen 8: DP Remake, possibly in 2019 or 2020 on Switch.
Gen 9 or Gen 10 a possible Gen V remake on a new system likely to happen.

Unless you're suggesting they'll putting Sinnoh and Unova remake together, (Which I know that won't happen) let's call it Black Diamond and White Pearl :p
well we might visit sinnoh since its next to unova but who knows

I think Switch may break the 1-remake-per-system pattern, since GameFreak usually ensures that every region is playable on a console through Backwards Compatiblity/VC/Remakes. Since Switch dosen't have BC, it might be a bit wonky to 'sustain' the tradition this time. (But seeing it, I don't think Kalos and Alola will be playable (since they're relatively new) )

And I don't see straight up rereleases happening for the 'older games' like BW. The VC for the older games was such an affair so imo a straight up rerelease isn't possible.

well we might visit sinnoh since its next to unova but who knows
What do you mean? Pretty sure it was mentioned that Unova is pretty far away from all the previous regions. I don't think we'll get two such different regions like Unova and Sinnoh in a single game.

Speaking about Pokemon Switch version and its possibilities, might they create an open world pokemon game? Or at least a game with a huge region to explore. From what they're talking about it kinda seems that way.

Back
Top Bottom