• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Switch Version

What do you think this game or these games will be?

• Total voters
Well I don't see them ever removing the mascot legendaries from the plot again. Mascots are supposed to be marketing, they're strong, cool looking Pokemon meant to draw people's attention and get them to buy the games. So of course it would make sense to make them a major part of the storyline, it makes the climax more exciting when you finally get to obtain the Pokemon you've seen on the cover since you got it.

As far as the grandiose plots, I'd rather have those than the disjointed, anime filler-esque stories of RBY and GSC. The plot of those games feel virtually nonexistent thanks to bland, shallow characterization and a lack of overarching plot elements, it makes the entirety of those games feel meaningless story wise. I wouldn't mind them toning it down, but they really should keep the depth that the grandiose plots have had.

What I think they could do is make the legendaries into more of an end game plot twist or a Chekov's Gun. SM was pretty close to this, but you still had Aether chasing after Nebby so they kind of hinted that Nebby held a major importance. I want the legendary to basically come out of nowhere to help us stop the villain.

Pokemon will have so much potential on Nintendo Switch. My only concern is if Gamefreak will be able to use the full potential of the Switch right away or not.

One of the main things I believe Gamefreak should work on is creating much larger regions. Nintendo Switch will have the power to offer us much larger regions than before, and this is something most of us will likely agree to expect.

Something else I'd like to see would be a "daily missions" type system, that an NPC character could give us to complete each day. This could really offer replayability to the game, depending on how well they'd utilise this kind of feature.

I'd also like to see a much larger online feature. I'd love to have the option of exploring the region in the usual single player fashion, and also be able to connect online to have other people roaming around the region as well. If not this, then I would also enjoy a large online area to battle and trade with anyone, as well as be able to create and join a "team" in which you can participate with others in online quests and missions etc.

I am really starting to wonder if perhaps Gen 8 is a proper sequel to gen 6. Everyone including the Anime people went to south france for research, according to Masuda's twitter. I personally wouldn't mind at all, with a Gen 2 type deal on Switch, with Kalos reimagined in the post game, ala Kanto in GSC.

I don't know where you're getting the "anime people" part from. According to this site, there were ten members of Game Freak (including Masuda and Ohmori) and two professors: one for shrines and the Meiji era, and another for computer science.

Ohmori tweeted this: "It was a trip centered around French cave art. We have discovered unique cave paintings in sites such as Lascaux, Combarelles, Rouffignac and Font de Gaume."

Their trip did not cover obvious cities that you'd expect to see in a region based on south France. Add that to their lack of secrecy, and I doubt that the conclusion is that simple. They may have very well just wanted to borrow ideas for ancient caves, which could be found in any region - possibly a Japanese one if the first professor wasn't just there for fun.

Tomoya Takahashi and a couple other Anime staff went along with em. Takahashi was very involved with the last two anime generations. Its definitely something.

I’m hoping that “Deeper and higher level of expression” means every fighting type will have a kick animation this time, it always bothered me of all the currently known fighting type Pokemon, only 7 of them has an animation of them throwing a kick when using a kick based move.

I'd like the switch games to be a new generation, though I'm not putting any money on any particular outcome. I'm hoping for a Gen V style soft reboot, with a whole dex of new Pokemon with older Pokemon being either absent until post-game or have a few popular lines like Pikachu, Gyarados, Alakazam, etc. I understand that now Pokemon are 3D models as opposed to sprites take a lot more time and effort to make, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but I can dream.

If the switch games are coming out in 2018, I hope they don't end up being rushed, though I am eager see Pokemon on a much more powerful device. The last thing I'd want to see is a console scale Pokemon game with very little content. A new gen being released in 2018 would also make Gen VII the shortest generation yet, lasting only 2 years.

The trip GF have taken to Dordogne (marvelous place, btw) seems to have focused on ancient stuff such as prehistoric life and cave paintings, so maybe an ancient setting or some time travel? I mean, we've already had inter-dimensional this gen and there was the Celebi/Giovanni event in HGSS. If they're going for a Kanto/Johto deal with Kalos, I hope Kalos is at least interesting this time around. In Gen VI it was, in my opinion, empty. If they condense Kalos in Gen VIII like Gen II did with Kanto, it would only make it worse.

Side note: Colosseum and XD on Switch VC would be awesome.

I really prefer small-but-quality Pokemon sets we got in Gen 6 and 7 as compared to the Gen 5 route, since gen 5 was full of reimaginings of popular Kanto Pokemon. I prefer quality over quantity.

I really prefer small-but-quality Pokemon sets we got in Gen 6 and 7 as compared to the Gen 5 route, since gen 5 was full of reimaginings of popular Kanto Pokemon. I prefer quality over quantity.
I'm not sure if the Pokemon in gen 7 were quality some really bad designs there

I'm not sure if the Pokemon in gen 7 were quality some really bad designs there

I think it is different for every person. Personally, Alola's lot have been a lot more memorable to me than Gen 5's. Gen 7 has given me my favourite Ice, Fairy (Alolan Ninetales) (I count Alolan forms as being a part of the new Gen 7 batch of Pokemon), Rock (Lycanroc-Dusk) and possibly
Poison (Naganadel)
types.

There were some bad (imo) designs like Pyukumuku, but the 'good' Pokemon outweigh the 'bad' ones for me. The same cannot be said for Gen 5.

gen VII is my favorite gen in terms of pokemon

pyu, minior, shiinotic, araquanid, mimikyu, bewear, dhelmise, lurantis, a-muk, tsareena, palossand, vikavolt, a-eggy, ribombee, tapu lele, togedemaru, faticate, a-marowark, primarina and a few others are all amazing. I feel like they tried extra hard to make all the pokemon this generation both unique and strange, which in my eyes, are some of the best traits a pokemon can have. Things like mimikyu being both adorable and an unfanthomable horror at the same time, araquanid's bizarre almost alien appearance (I thought it was a UB when its model was first leaked), bewear being a friendly pink bear that may accidentally crush your spine.

even the UBs are cool to me now, and I was among the people who didn't care for them initially. They're the epitome of the "eccentric" and "foreign" concept many alolan pokemon in general tend to embody in some way. While also not looking like digimon.
in particular, I'm extremely fond of poipole, naganadel, blacephalon, guzzlord, and stakataka

the only gen VII designs I consider "bad" are mudsdale, a-persian, a-golem, and -- of course -- a-dugtrio and
that fucking electric lucario clone. Eugh...
There were some bad (imo) designs like Pyukumuku, but the 'good' Pokemon outweigh the 'bad' ones for me. The same cannot be said for Gen 5.
I love gen V, but it does have a lot of offenders. Sawk, throh, the elemental monkies, the musketeers, kyuzek, klinklang, I could go on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom